What went right?

what went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-all-characters-released.340807/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Snake

Tripping. Just seeing the massive butthurt from tourneyfags was worth it.

First post best post

It was overall enjoyable party game.

subspace emissary

Soundtrack was more unison and better varied than 4, Snake (and everything Metal Gear), Wario's side smash.

Subspace, a lot of content, new interesting character, the ultimate nintendo game of 2008.

It was the best party game ever made.
Competitively, it's the only game with a legitimately unique set of top - high tiers (Every other Fitan has had Rushdown/Combofiend archetypes be top tier)
Smash Brawl had Zoners (Snake, Olimar, TLink and Diddy*), Rushdowns (Diddy*, Pikachu, MK, ZSS,), Combofiends (MK, ZSS, Falco, Snake), Grapplers (Snake, DDD, IC's, Falco), Fundamentalists (Wario, DDD, Marth) and even Gimmicks (Lucario for total shitbags, Wario, Marth)
No other game can boast a roster with so many viable strategies. Nearly every fightan, either Fundamentalists, Rushdown, or combofiends rule the stage. Zoners are almost always shit, and gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. If not for the tripping mechanic, and MK being stupid broken, Brawl was actually a very decent fighter.

Music
Great roster
Great for casual play. I have fond memories of all nighters with friends and this game shitting it up. We actually thought that Pit was overpowered because he always got the smash ball.

Was Meta Knight that badly OP? I remember him bring rather light.

Same. I could never get past my friend's HAYAYAYAYAYAA
Plus gliding.

Meta Knight was SS tier, the only character in SS tier.

He didn't really have a weakness and had a longer sword than Marth with fox's frame data. Him being light didn't even matter because he had one of the best momentum cancels in the game. He's like a shade or two under sf2t akuma. Most of the other top tiers go almost even with him too, but knock each other off.

90-95% of players during brawls heyday Mained, Secondary'd, Tertiary'd or pocketed MetaKnight.
To put that in perspective, only 50% of sm4sh players do the same for Cloud.
And unlike Cloud, he went Positive or even in every single MU

The selection of newcomers was pretty great.

Snake, Subspace, art and design direction, music, stages, casual play

Brawl is by far the best smash game for casual play

>Sonic and Lucario
Other than that yeah it had a GOAT roster.
Also time to get this thread Rollan with the official Cred Forums Brawl Chart.

Sonic is annoying to fight but he deserves his spot.

Samus, DDD and Link here btw.
This chart is 100% accurate.
I have extreme homolust for Link

Sonic is the king of smash balls, fucker was 2fast especially given how OP his final smash was

Roster, gameplay was fun from a non tourneyfag view, mostly great stages(75m sucked ASS)

He deserved it back in Melee maybe. In Brawl his addition was a mercy offering. Same as with MM in Sm4sh, and desu MM deserved it way more. MM is just a better character over all, even game wise.

>best newcomers
>music
>SSE
That's it

Brawl had the best hype train of any video game.

It had cool cutscenes.
Remixes were great.
Neat newcomers.

That's about it. Everything else was very disappointing.

>ganondorf
>no faggotry
My fucking ass. Ganondorf players are the guys in FFA who sit on the sidelines and wait until everyone who's actually playing the game is almost done.

That is in Sm4sh
Did you even play Brawl's online?

I actually didn't. My internet constantly rejected the Wii and DS.

Is there a list like this for any of the other smashes?

Don't bother, it's all just heavyfag circlejerking just like this one.

Lots of music and music customization for stages. Looked good. The dojo. Snake and Sonic.

>Cutscenes (Unless you actually enjoyed subspace)
>Sonic & Snake
>Music
>Game modes
>Non-retarded menu look.

It got unpopular, therefore elevating it in the eyes of contrarian Cred Forums posters.

He had his own tier made specifically for him

no, because the ping was unreal

>Music
>Snake (Newcomers in general)
>Subspace

Granted, the subspace could have been much more but it was a fun little experiment. I just wish they took that concept and expanded on it for Smash WiiU. Smash Tour is a crock of shit.

>ganon and bowser power level 4

Does that mean the player will be really good with the them or the chars strength in a casual setting?

>Bowser tryhard

I mean I love him cause he is Bowser and a low tier, so thats kinda true. But I also fight the best I can with him which I find fun.

Still not sure why his faggotry bar is that high.

The soundtrack, Subspace Emissary, the best version of Final Destination and Spear Pillar

He's fast, he can fly, flies faster than any other flying character, has 3 air recoveries, all of his attacks are strong, almost all of his attacks have max priority, all of his attacks have little to no startup or end lag and his launchers are powerful.

He's like SSS tier when the next best characters are A tiers.

Playing Metaknight isn't a free win or anything but anyone fighting a Metaknight main has to work extra hard against them.

Sonic deserved to be in.

Brawl came way before Lucario became the special snowflake pokemon. At the time there was nothing wrong with him, he was just a good choice for a pokemon rep considering how popular he was.

Sm4sh is too big and too far into Neo/v/ lifespan for us to have come together in such a way.
There is currently a project to do this though:
(Pic related)

When you had a good connection and could get it to work, these were the stereotypes you would run into. IRL these were extremely accurate too.
It means how skilled the player usually was
In Brawls Free 4 all "Nintendo why is the internet so bad" environment, Bowser was really stupid. Also bara/furfaggotry. Bowser mains are super gay. Not on Lucario levels though.

>Greil not mentioned for the Greil alt
>Sigurd not mentioned for the Sigurd alt
>BK not mentioned for BK alt

Meant to reply to
Sorry
Sonic doesn't deserve shit. Snake had a history with Nintendo, Sonic didn't outside a rivalry. Still I agree he deserved his spot in Brawl. There isn't really a reason for him to still be here.

>We need to reference what the alts reference when we call out shitters.
The BK alt is also already referencing edge.

japantime was probably the best thing about brawl, and I say that having played the shit out of brawl.

>Mario
Well, at least it says they have no faggotry.

Best newcomers and the best neutral stage. It's too bad I don't really enjoy the way Brawl plays.

Did they intentionally make kerfuffle's japan time so flaccid and lifeless?

They blew all their hype on the E3 reveal and everything after is just nothing

Do you eat Vanilla ice cream too?
Also y'all gotta remember this chart only applies to Brawl.
If you play them in Sm4sh you get a completely different level of Power vs Faggotry.

literally the only reason.

he's also why i prefer pm over other smash games

PM is a mod. Brawl is the game.

you know what i meant, pal.

>other smashes will never ever have this

>netplay
Come.

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS:

Brawl:
>pure NINTENDO FANSERVICE bliss
>a game for ALL Nintendo fans and not just tourneyfags who only play online

Smash 4:
>panders more to tourneyfags/wannabe tourneyfags than actual Nintendo fans
>character reveals, somewhat better gameplay and passable online are the only things to write home about
>doesn't even have an original intro or any cool fanservice cutscenes/content besides a gallary with character reveals and trophies with shit memes
>botched pre-existing single player modes and mediocre new ones

You may /thread my post now.

>can't open ports to host
Somebody host a no-card, 5.0 Dolphin room.

>implying

it marked the death of the series. Sure it had some good, even great aspects like pointed out, but overall the gameplay took an irrecoverable hit. Just too slow, boring, and sterilized. The soul of the series got its dick chopped off.

People are going to call you a assmad tourneyfag
But I don't think you're wrong.

PM

The roster and SSE

3/4rths of the subspace Embassy. It was fun, but Jesus was it a beast. I feel fatigued just thinking about it

I miss subspace emissary.
It was a really fun use of smash's game engine and Hackurai's excuse for not doing it again in 4 just pisses me off

>tourneyfags playing Brawl over the shitty nintendo wi-fi

Also if you want Brawl physics and mechanics back your opinion is questionable. Sm4sh is hardly less casual than Brawl but I'd wager 64 still has a higher skill ceiling and is more fun to play casually

Other than that I think you've got it. Subspace was boring and repetitive as fuck imo but removal of that, adventure mode, and char specific board the platforms/targets is unforgivable.

Literally perfection

>DK and Jigglypuff main

yeah

This shit blew my mind when I first saw it. I hadn't played Brawl in years.

>no airdodge

>bowser mains are super gay

I have yet to meet one like that to be honest. The yoshis have that rep but even then, same.

What is that?

>>other smashes will never ever have this
>not without modding*

Snake was great.

The snake easter egg.

At the time brawl was released, Sonic had more games on nintendo consoles than Snake did. Not to mention
>Only videogame character that can say the competed with Mario for being the face of videogames in mainstream pop culture.

The mods
smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-all-characters-released.340807/

meta knight could actually hit things
unfortunately he was extremely good at it

Japan Time

I remember the hype and staying up until 1-2 am in the morning just to catch a particular update.

>content.
>adventure mode that's actually worth a damn (even better with a friend)
>content
>enormous roster (compared to Melee)
>content

Bara fags don't actually play Bowser for fear of being found out. They usually play Ike.

It's the most fun