Nintendo NX

So what do we know about this so far? Yves Guillemot has been cumming buckets over this hybrid console recently. Do any of you have a compound list of all we know about it excluding rumors and speculation? I'm led to believe that there are the usual first party IP's and such but not much else I'm aware of. Wii U was a bomb but there was some passable software. Can anyone fill me in?

Nothing.

Same amount of info as the last couple of months honestly. But this mock-up looks neato.

We know nothing, not even the official name of the console.

it's not a tablet with detachable controllers

nothing.

stop listening to rumors and getting hyped on it you dumb fucknugget.

/Thread

All we have is rumors and speculation by retards. The "synergizes consoles and handhelds!" Line from the Pokemon lead could apply to fucking ps4 and being able to hook your Vita up to it

We literally know nothing, all speculation or assertion otherwise is attention seeking cockmonglers

>implying it won't be NX

We know that it's current year and video games just aren't fun anymore.

First post best post

lol everyone is naming their consoles stupid shit now. PS4 [Pro]. The 3rd xbox is the xbox one. Nintendos the worst. They will probably call it the "The New XL Super Nintendo Wii U 4 U"

As a mockup it's cute, but the buttons look like skittles and the octagonal mounting plates on the joysticks look a tad too clunky. It's nice though. Could be better. Function over design is always better. Hypothetically speaking.

>Yves Guillemot has been cumming buckets over this
He's just trying to get on Nintendo's good side so that if it's a success he can profit from having a good relationship. Otherwise he's just going to abandon them again like with the WiiU

I could sell this comment to a Roman soldier and make a fortune.

That would be extremely painful

We know a lot more now, thanks to the Ubisoft CEO, and the Pokemon CEO. But since people are ignoring that, I guess I doesn't count. The NX already leaked, its just that nobody believes it until we see it first hand.

How is Nintendo so good at keeping things secret?

Xbox one at least makes sense, since it was supposed to be the ONE hub for your games, TV and other shit.

It's run by the Yakuza

I kinda like this, but it would be too expensive and would fill your shelves with crap

No. These NX mockups are fucking stupid. They all look like shit, aisde from this 1080p crystal clear screen. Don't for a second think the NX is going to be anything like these mockups fans are posting. Think Nintendo. Bulky, inefficient, maybe 480p resolution.

Phone that uses 4G to connect and play games from console.

A controller that attaches to your phone.

Basically you just bring the controller with you, plug into phone wherever you are, play games streamed to your phone from the console.

That's it. Now stop freaking out over it.

meant for

>consoles stupid shit now
>now

look back at all the past console names. they arent really that great either.

More importantly, why won't they hurry up and announce the goddamn thing?Is it really that much of a gamechanger considering how Nintendo is always a generation behind on hardware?

>streamed to your phone from the console
>plug into phone wherever you are
This doesn't make any sense

I think he meant it can be streamed from your console, and docked at home.

The gimmick is very easy to copy.

It's not intended to be treated as a traditional console.

Pulled straight from your ass, just like a good shitposting ought to be

Nothing of any substance has been said. Oh it unifies consoles and handhelds~ is execuspeak garbage that just means it promotes brand synergy. NOTHING is known

PS4 already does that and it's fucking awful. Nintendo will not be able to do it any better.

Dang, if I open my window I can hear you rustling.

You plug the controller into your phone, or probably bluetooth now.

Your phone sits there and charges and it uses the gyros and screen and phone 4g/wifi to play games from the console at home with controller buttons.

Thats it! US has datacap anyway.

>why won't they hurry up and announce the goddamn thing?

probably because they have no games to announce with it thats not just ports of wii u games.

I'm just hoping that it can toast bread when I'm not home.

Are you fucking stupid? Nintendo for the past 10 or so years has released the weakest hardware. They aren't going to suddenly change that and release The NX 4k 60fps for $199.99.

Everyone needs to realize something really simple. This isn't the newest revolution in gaming. This isn't going to be some mindblowing concept. This is a handheld that has a dock with a hdmi out to your tv. Thats fucking it. You aren't going to have some powerhouse thats portable. Its the reverse. It's a underpowered handheld that lets you play your 720p games on your TV. Don't fall for some bullshit marketing.

While I agree with your cynicism you are again making assumptions when we know nothing.

Well, since we can't trust what executives say, then I shouldn't trust what Kimishima says about the device either right?

We know plenty, its just that nobody wants to believe what the Ubisoft and Pokemon CEO's said.

But they haven't said anything, just that it fuses console and handhelds somehow. This again could mean literally anything.

Wii U is a comfy ass console, too bad Nintendo git super not cool this year

Thank you for being there when we needed you.

They need to fucking announce it soon if it's having a March release date.

It's fucked up enough as it is launching a console with no major games shows between the announcement and release.

If it has plenty of good exclusive games, I don't care what specs or gimmicks it has

>octogonal joysticks
please no

No-one said it's going to be mind blowing you vitriolic fuck monkey.

Yes, but do you know what it doesn't mean? It doesn't mean that its going to just be a normal console, or a normal handheld. So people that wanted those can stop caring now.

>So what do we know about this so far?
Will flop hard.
Dead on Arrival.

Also this.