I know people hate pic related because "le rehash meme", but is it a good platformer on its own...

I know people hate pic related because "le rehash meme", but is it a good platformer on its own? I ask because my birthday discount expires next week.

It's okay.

That is like the fastest I've ever seen someone reply to a thread.

All of the New Super Mario games are 7/10 at best

it's.....vanilla. that's pretty much all i can say. it doesn't bring anything new like the other ones (ds: first in series, wii:multiplayer, wii u:gamepad) just the levels have a lot of coins.

There are definitely better things to use your birthday discount on

its a bit short but yea its good

I want Paper Jam too, but I want a physical copy.

That's pretty much the best way to describe it. It's not amazing, but it's not bad. 100%'ing it should be doable within a week if you spend about an hour a day, not counting maxing the coin counter (you won't want to). Beyond shitting on random people's streetpass records there's not much reason to return to it afterward.

I got it for free back in the wii mini days.

I enjoyed it. Far from being my favorite 2D Mario, but it's still good. If you crave some Mario 2D I don't think it's gonna let you down, it's a 2D Mario alright.

Some levels are really good. And some of the hidden exits are really hard to find. It's pretty good if you can get it for cheap or for free It came for freew with my 3DS.

>shitting on random people's streetpass records
>Only ever got one
>It was that free DLC with the classic levels
>Maxed out at 30,000 coins
>Also getting the max of 30,000 doesn't give you the medal
Shit game

Not really. It's pretty boring.
It's the only Mario game I've ever dropped.

Go for it, it's pretty good.

It is a good game, with good level design and pacing, but it has the NSMB art style so that makes it 100% shit in the eyes of Cred Forums.

You might not want to bother if you have already played one of the better NSMB games.

Better than NSMBU/Wii.

Gold/rainbows/treetop, should be right up my alley. But it was still very though-the-motions.

You must not have played it recently and not have it fresh in your mind user. If both players hit 30k you'll still get the medal. Also
>only record from the easiest levels to max out
git gud. Still not a great game, but c'mon user, you should be better than that.

The BAH was the real detractor. Copy-paste level design (played, can confirm) didn't help either.

Happy birthday. Hope a girl licks your pee pee.

The game itself is your typical 2D Mario and coin rush is a nice touch. NSMB2 is worth a play but only if you aren't burned out by all the other ones.

It doesn't have the minigames. I played those more than NSMB.

I fucked my girlfriend, but she forgot to give me head. :(