Gentlemen how do we fix EVO?

Gentlemen how do we fix EVO?

we remove the tumor that has grown into two tumors

Get rid of Smash and other meme games like Pokken.

I like Smash and all, but EVO should be for FGC.

Make Tekken one of the main events and invite actual competition instead of just the usual JDCR and Saint that demolish the rest of the non-asians.

More anime fighters
Kill umvc3
Kill netherrealms games

GET RID OF FUCKING PARTY GAMES

You can't because what games show up are driven by money.

1. Psychic Force
2. Lethal League
3. Wind Jammers
4. Powerstone
5. no smash serious games only

>Spray febreeze to get rid of the scent of body odor and doritos
>stop being fucking kikes with the funds and use it properly
Sort of this, I don't have a problem with one smash bros game being in. They do need to get rid of pokken though.

Leave it. The FGC and fighting games are a fucking joke. The good thing is it contains the autists like Minecraft does.

Leave Smash and get rid of all the FGC games except Street Fighter cause that's the only one that people actually play and watch

It's beyond repair.

Get rid of Smash

Add the other two Smash games.

Get Skisonic off the mic.
And no, don't replace him with Kenny Omega.

Less time alloted to shit games no one cares about like mortal kombat or KI and more time for hype af games like catherine and lethal league

only black people allowed on mic and not skisonic

more smash
more weeb fighters

100% serious
get the mainstream nignogs out

EVO 2017:
Smash 64
Melee
Brawl
Brawl Minus
Project Melee
Smash 4
League of Legends
Rocket League
Overwatch

get good

>Quarantine the weebshit in AnimEvo.
>Replace one of the literally who games with Project M
>Them's Fightin' Herds gets a main spot when it comes out

There's nothing wrong with it.

>le smash isnt a fighting game meme xD

KOF is back so it'll be fixed next year.

Remove SF and MvC
Smash gets booted unless their big tournaments like Big House or Genesis also start hosting actual fighting games. Apex doesn't count as a big tournament series anymore.

It's not and I'm not opening your image

Remove Smash, not because it's not a fighting game (I'm a competitive player myself), but because we already have way too many fucking majors to the point that it seems like it's monthly. Might as well leave EVO out and stay in CEO or the other way around.

Does it need fixing? Looks fine to me.

false-flag is strong in this post

fuck mortal kombat/injustice

Let Kof/Guilty/KI on main stage,
evo for 5day not 3

Remove Mr. Wizard.

Swap animevo and the main stage

I'd be fine with Smash exiting other major FGC events since there are plenty of Smash events already, but Evo is such a big one, and it would be a damn shame if the biggest fighting game event in the world went back to not featuring one of the biggest and best fighting games ever made just because of stupid crybabies not wanting it there.

Showers are mandatory before entering the place.

Reduce the number of games from 8+ to 5. Now more resources can go to the game that are there than having to take time/space/consoles/setups to games that don't even make it to Sunday finals.

>All this asshurt over smash

Mad a game from 2001 is more popular than your random fighting game no one cares about? Lmao

I went to evo this year and I can safely say this is a meme.

Everyone is required to put in 3 shoryuken motions in a row before entering

Smash fags btfo

This EVO is cancer just let it die
There are tons of better events these days anyway

fuck off you can have both

niggers are literally the only good thing about EVO

>he doesn't know about Ryu in Sm4sh

Players legit complained about the hard inputs for him

Yeah and some players complained about the hard inputs in Street Fighter too. I'm not sure what your point is.

remove injustice, mortal kombat, SFV, and sm4sh
add USF4, more anime games, and PM

oh also remove fucking pokken but that goes without saying

It's not like anyone here actually goes

>evo for 5day not 3

This is actually a pretty solid idea. A lot of less popular games kind of get the shaft in terms of schedule placement of their finals and get even less viewers than they normally would. If Evo started on Wednesday and had the finals specifically at viewer friendly times (5pm and later on Friday, later than noon on Sat/Sun) they could probably get a better turnout and have an easier time with inevitable scheduling hiccups.

As for Smash, I fucking loathe watching it, but it really does draw unique viewers (a lot of people that are *just* there for Smash rather than watching everything), so maybe just leave the more popular one in, which I assume is Melee. Don't give Smash special treatment like they always seem to demand.

I don't know how to fix MK/Injustice and make them not shit, that community just doesn't seem to have the wheels to get going. Or if it's like MK9/first Injustice, the constant patching just removes any traction a meta establishes constantly, making tournaments a shitfest.

Remove Melee, Mahvel, KI, MK and POKKEN

>This is actually a pretty solid idea.
Except that you'd massively cut attendance because of people who can't get the time off work.

easiest thing in the world. remove all nintendo party games and replace with real fighting games, even with some past classics like sf3 third strike

As well as almost doubling hotel cost.

Make an East Coast EVO.

I refuse to fly from New Hampshire all the way to fucking Las Vegas just to get bopped.

Marvel needs to go, period.

Nice meme. See

I wasn't aware it need fixing but then I remembered I'm on Cred Forums and how the tone goes here. Been a while

>east coast evo
NYC had a Evo-ish opening last year i think, or was that Street Fighter?
>im in Chicago either way, so both LV and NYC are hard

So what, your entire EVO trip would consist of you flying out, losing, and then going home immediately? The hell is wrong with you? Play in the BYOC area, hang out in after hours suites, get fucking blitzed, do any of the fucking Vegas things while you are in VEGAS. That's why EVO is in fucking Vegas, there are a million things to do that are not the tournament because Vegas has everything and everything is open 24 hours.

remove the kid games

remove street fighter 5

add project m

replace pokken with street fighter 3rd strike

replace smash 4 with skull girls

The most memeriffic post so far

>skullgirls

yea nah

remove Smash
remove SFV, the franchise peaked at 3rd strike
bring back Darkstalkers
add Bushido Blade
add Arcana Hearts
bring back KoF 98
add Gang Beasts

>Arcana Hearts
pff

Base main stage games off early registration numbers instead of bribe money and promote more of the side tournament stuff.

just when I thought the most memeriffic post had already been made
I do like the idea of bringing in Bushido Blade though,I wonder how that would turn out

>Gang Beasts

Finally, someone else recognizes the true pinnacle of fighting games.

Add KOF 2002.

Wouldn't it be cool if, kinda like Melee, they had a bunch of older games? Like wouldn't an EVO with KoF '98, Tekken 3, Third Strike, Marvel 2 and Bushido Blade be hype?

BRING BACK MELTAN

It would be but those games do not have a community supporting them like melee does.

>ds
>bb
>GANG BEASTS
Would watch

Keep Melee, get rid of Smash 4. Melee had the second highest viewership of any game at EVO 2016, it has earned its spot. Smash 4 peaked at 25k people at a prime time slot. Drop that shit.

I mean I kind of hate Sm4sh, but in fairness nothing that isn't on Sunday is a prime time slot as far as Evo's concerned.

/thread

leave this kino to me

way to make sure evo gets no views

get rid of party games like smash

Based japs

what's the point of having the exact same lineup as evo prime? 6 months later?

Pokken is an actually good fighting game though

Better than Smash at least

It's not. Go back to r/kappa

Pokken is objectively closer to a traditional fighting game then smash is

If pokken has more or less competitive depth then smash is another question. I don't know smash well enough to comment on that, but I know Pokken has more or less as much as other traditional fighting games.

>>>r/smash

>>>/fgg/