Sega on steam

Sega has published a good number of games on steam. With sonic mania coming next year, theres gotta be more sega games to be published on Steam.

So what is a game you want to be ported to steam?

1) Jet set radio future (the first port was excellent, ran good and looked good)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-oxfyOeR8w
youtube.com/watch?v=PYc3DGco5wI
youtube.com/watch?v=LlFFTSNrlc4
youtube.com/watch?v=vj670x2BOh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vanquish

Persona games.

Skies of Arcadia
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device
and since sega is publish Atlus game now, all the SMT/Persona games.

Shenmue 1+2 everything else is irrelevant

condemned 2 and tenchu

The Yakuza series
Shenmue 1
Enemy Zero

condemned 2 was meh
Shenmue 1 and 2 are kinda expected with 3 coming to PC.
yes please yakuza those games are a blast id go nuts if they released the entire series on steam eventually and had a series sale in a big steam sale event.

Daytona USA, even if they have to change the name.

I'm willing to bet JSRF has issues with Microsoft preventing a PC port.

Panzer Dragoon series
Guardian Heroes
Shining Force 3

I really hope if that game gets ported to PC for the love of god doesn't get locked into the windows store as an exclusive. Or requires one to purchase a new xbox to play it if it gets a digital release on console too.

I have no idea how true it is or not, but I've read people saying for years that JSRF's sourcecode is missing, and assuming that's true, I doubt Sega is going to care enough to commission someone like Bluepoint to reverse-engineer a remaster like they did for MGS 2 and 3.

where is virtua fighter 5

where

im gonna shoot

Red dead redemption pl0x

i second this

From what I hear it's licensing issues due to the soundtrack, other times I hear its due to no source code.

Sonic Unleashed
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 1 + 2

Obviously the last 3 would be HD ports/remasters but those are my main wants on PC. My Xboxs can only handle so much punishment replaying these.

Vanquish will be the next port. They'll probably announce it by the end of the year.

The only right answer.

Sega has actually done a really good job in terms of porting older games over to PC
Other than JSRF, some other games I'd like to see would be
>the Yakuza games
>Virtual On games like Force and oratorio tangram
>Virtua Fighter 5FS

>shenmuefags

If that's true it pains me a lot. Shenmue 1,2,3 are only a matter of time at this point. The source code for skies of arcadia must still be kicking. JSRF is in that weird area where it was originally on a PC like system and theres a base that want it re-released but then emulating it is tricky. Well you could get an OG xbox but the things are kinda big and a game like JSRF would have a high asking price.

Frankly, I would love for them to port the SEGA CD and Saturn games over to Steam because no one gives a fuck about the 32X except for Doom and Knuckles Chaotix, which was a mediocre game anyway.

Realistically, just give me the rest of the Shining Force games. You fuckers still owe me Part II and III of Shining Force III.

Better yet, just give me a Shining Force collection and I'll forgive you for tarnishing one of your greatest franchises ever made for all these years.

But Virtua fighter 5 is on ps3. PS3 games are in the cheap range now and PS3 systems aren't so dated that they'll break easy. Maybe in 2025 or so when the PS3 is like the dreamcast today I wouldn't mind a re-release. Sorry just priorities imo

>Shining Force 3
You and me both, brother

>Skies of Arcadia at 1080p/60fps
I could die a happy man if this happened.

>condemned 2 was meh
Agreed the melee combat was downplayed heavily and replaced with much more shooting, it felt too much like a generic FPS.

Wouldn't surprise me seeing as the game has never been re-released in any form sega's had it happen in the past Panzer Dragoon Saga being another example and its damn shame.

Im playing vf5 on my xbox one right now

Copies of JSRF by itself aren't super common, but that compilation disc of JSRF and Sega GT '02 that were given away in early Xbox bundles are easy to find for cheap.

sega pls

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY

vf5 would be easy to port because the lindberg arcade hardware is practically a windows pc

JSRF is backwards compatible on the 360 with a few graphical glitches but works pretty well.

JSRF is also really cheap because of the JSRF/Sega GT2002 combo disc that was included with the xbox for awhile so a ton of copies are out there.

stand corrected, don't play xbox one thanks for the update. So yeah a VF5 PC port could be a very easy port since xbox one is practically a PC

I was just a toddler when the Saturn was out in US. I got nights into dreams on steam and it blew me away, makes me wish I was 5 or 8 years older to experience the Saturn. Saturn needs more love for sure. Genesis is damn overdone at this point.

>everyone is LITERALLY asking for console scraps
>not even anything remotely new, like Yakuza 6

You know, it's almost as if it's IMPOSSIBLE for a company to both make new games for PC/console and port older games. I'm kinda jelly that Capcom only gave us Dead Rising 10 years later, while consolebros got Street Fighter V.

I've honestly never seen a lone copy of JSRF its always been the disc with JSRF and Sega GT.

>not even anything remotely new, like Yakuza 6
see

Whats funny is that if everyone who suddenly claimed they were always a huge fan of these games had a 360 and actually bothered to buy them, they would have more sequels or ports.

Bayonetta 2 :^)

>ONE (1) mention

Jeez. At least not all PC'ucks are thirsty fucks who will roll in the shit of decades old games.

Lot of people here probably run low end PCs and just want older games on steam from sega. Sega would make a killing though releasing new games on PC and console. Heres to hoping Shenmue 3 being on PC and ps4 makes for a playstation-pc sega alliance for future games.

what else has SEGA made recently that's worth 2 shits?

If we're counting literally anything SEGA has a relationship with, then I want mainline Shin Megami Tensei games on PC above all else.

But if we're strictly talking SEGA itself:
>Valkyria Chronicles 2
>Valkyria Chronicles 3
>Valkyria: Azure Revolution
>Jet Set Radio Future
>7th Dragon III: Code VFD

Yearly Yakuza and Hatsunay Meeku games. And that new VC sequel that, bear in mind, was only made thanks to the success of the PC port of VC, and said port literally financed that game.

I see 4 posts mentioning yakuza games take your platform warring elsewhere faggot.

>sega
>persona

Please
With online multiplayer party games

with a stage creator

>take your platform warring elsewhere

>in a LITERAL port begging thread

Why don't console peasants ever beg for last generation games?

Y'know, why can't SEGA make a decent Sonic game after Generations? Is the autism that deep rooted?

the vita one was awesome, still replay it here and there

Sega has tons of great games and you want a shitty JRPG that practically plays itself?

Anarchy Reigns PC
FUcking
WHEN?

Because the team that made Generations hasn't released another game yet

Make it Deluxe and you're good.

Anyway, what about that Yakuza remake? Prefect way to get newcomers into the series.

Super monley ball maker could be a great idea

This isn't a platformwar thread. Fuck off

SEGA owns Atlus, and Atlus owns Persona

>KH 2.8 when?
>Who's getting WW HD?
>Who's getting TP HD?
That's just a few off the top of my head, work on your bait.

They had a deal with nintendo that fucked up their scheduling and platform releases

Lost world was being toyed around with but after the wii u was a bomba, they didn't put much effort in it because they expected low sales

Boom was a multiplat on cryengine, was supposed to be for 360/ps3/xbox1/ps4 potentially. Cryengine wasnt stable on wii u

And then theres the mandatory olympics game, nintendo fans like these

Basically nintendo fucked them up for the last few years. If they had immediately begun working on a xbox one/ps4 sonic after generations, we wouldve had a new mainline good sonic

Any games would be nice but steam already has a lot of RPGs I'd rather prefer some platformers/arcades/fighters stuff like yakuza JSRF

why not

>Sega ports games many years after consoles had them (ie: VC taking 6 years)
>Sega's new in-0house projects (Yakuza, Project Diva) are exclusively for consoles
>why doesn't Sega port [game] to PC? [other game] sold really well at 5 dollars a piece, it's like they hate money or something.

Gee, it's almost as if PC is unprofitable or something, and the sole reason Sega even exists anymore is because CONSOLES and CONSOLES ONLY are where the money is made, not from picking up pennies and dimes off the streets of Steam.

Literally anything missing from this list.

>and the sole reason Sega even exists anymore is because CONSOLES and CONSOLES ONLY
You want to know how I know you have no idea what your talking about?

SEGA already stated satisfaction with Valkyria Chronicles port sales long before it could be seen being sold for cheap. Furthermore,
>expecting sales for old games to be as high as that of new games
>making assumptions about a platform in general
Take your platformwar shitposting elsewhere. As already stated, this is not a platformwar thread.

>and the sole reason Sega even exists anymore is because CONSOLES and CONSOLES ONLY
underage get out

sonic 2017 is being released on pc with consoles

Sega would make a bigger splash on PC though... I'm getting tired of no name indie companies just popping up on steam all the time. Not all PC gamers hate AAA devs. Consoles are still dominated by AAA devs and sega is weak compared to other AAA devs.

>Resonance of Fate
I don't know why I want this as much as I do
Also:
>leaving off the 7th Dragon series from your image

Sega Sammy owns atlus and also owns SEGA.

I'd kill for VOOT with netplay. It'll never happen, but I want it so much.

honestly, this
I'll be fine with getting "Sega Racing Classic" if it means we get the game on Steam.

>Yakuza 6 is only for the PS4
>as are practically all their other games
>PC only got Lost World from Sega's in-house games, when they've also made a Yakuza and Project Diva game

They were so satisfied, that they not only released an undeniably superior version on PS4, the PS4 is also EXCLUSIVELY getting a new game in the franchise. But PC is really profitable, guys! Just... don't pay any attention to all our new, console exclusive games.

>what is Football Manager
>what is Total War
>what is Company of Heroes
>what is WH40K: Dawn of War

>shitty western games
>fucking REHASHES at that

whoah.... so this... is the power... of... PC... profits...

>undeniably superior version
No
>making assumptions about why companies release games the way they do
No
Fuck off platformwar shitposter

You know that nifty interface they did for the Genesis ports?

There's literally no reason not to do that with Sega's entire console library.

So you still don't know what you're talking about

i just started playing sonic generations
why is it so great and why is it getting me so horny

>CTRL+F Full Auto
>0 results

Damnit guys, a redone Full Auto would be perfect for PC as both the 360 and PS3 struggled to get decent framerates in their respective games.

Only issue i see is with the composers for the games as they were in a group called Bitstream Dream with ended 3 years after both games released.

Shenmue 1 & 2, they are kind of expected since it was mentioned they were looking into remastering them because of 3 coming to pc.

Skies of Arcadia, being locked to two dead systems is not what that game deserves.

>another thread where pc master race begs for peasant playstation games
Maybe its time to rethink who the real master race and peasants are.

Oh and if they start doing Atlus stuff on pc, then Catherine, if only for dual audio hacks.

>Poster count didn't go up
Interesting

They've been working on Project 2017

Sega's IPs have value, their consoles do not.

>undeniably superior version
>No

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-oxfyOeR8w

Watch and weep, PC'uck.

>making assumptions about why companies release games the way they do

>there's no rhyme or reason why Sega treats the PS4 with the best they have to offer while PC only gets ports of old games

yeah ok

PSO or PSO2.

>Sega's IPs have value, their consoles do not.
You're missing the point entirely

Vanquish

>PC isn't even an afterthought to Sega

Interdasting

My point is those are four PC IPs that all make Sega a good chunk of their yearly revenue retard

>>shitty western games
fuck off weeb

My first post on Cred Forums today as well, you implying cuck.

Hell i would even settle for an official rerelease of PSU. I'm fucking desperate.

Let me guess. Sega said that "PC is very profitable" and mentioned how they are going to "invest less in console development and more into PC," despite all their new games only being released for consoles and not PC.

If PC is so profitable, then pray tell, why aren't they a PS4 and PC developer? Wouldn't that effectively double their income? Bear in mind that Sony isn't even FORCING them to make games exclusively for them, Sega just "chooses" to be PS4 exclusive.

Fucking sucks that they shutdown the portable 2 server.

>fuck off weeb
>on a board on Cred Forums, a site dedicated to the discussion of Japanese culture of products

>defending literal non-games

is that way. You and your kind should just leave Cred Forums and never come back. PC gamers are not entitled to fucking anything, especially when you don't buy games unless they're significantly discounted.

yo

If they are going to port the shenmue games, I hope they have the japanese voices.

Not even weeaboo. The english voice acting, aside from some of the main characters, are fucking horrid.

>why arent that a console and pc developer?
>he doesnt know

You poor thing: youtube.com/watch?v=PYc3DGco5wI

youtube.com/watch?v=LlFFTSNrlc4

youtube.com/watch?v=vj670x2BOh4

And these are just 3 examples off the top of my head.

>And that new VC sequel that, bear in mind, was only made thanks to the success of the PC port of VC, and said port literally financed that game.
The best way to squander the traction regained for the series.

fucking sega

>a bunch of game from fucking DECADES ago

wtf i hate ps4 now

If you love glorious Nippon so much fuck off to 2chan, or should i tell you in mother toungue Nipponese?
RING RONG FRUCK OFF

Those aren't recent ports those are from around the original release of the games.

So tldr

>no interest
>no source code
>hardly any profits to be seen from PC

>here are some PC ports that Sega did before I was even a sperm cell
>this totally is proof that Sega cares about PC, despite their game lineups hinting that consoles are their primary focus

>Let me guess. Sega said that "PC is very profitable" and mentioned how they are going to "invest less in console development and more into PC," despite all their new games only being released for consoles and not PC
you guessed wrong.
If you did the bare minimum of research, you'd find out that Sega makes a very large portion of their money from Arcades, so your comment about surviving only because of consoles outs you as someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Well, if Sega was smart they wouldn't be out of the console business.

They're so focused on consoles (specifically playstation) because Sega of Japan have a huge xeno boner on anything not Japanese. Sega of America can do ports, but its usually for the usual Sega hits and not anything unique they have, which leaves Sega of Europe with the leftovers.

Funny enough, they're the ones that did the "make war not love" specials that focus specifically on PC ports and are the only side of the company that sees PC ports as a profitable venture (Typing of the Dead Overkill, Condemned Criminal Origins, and another game i cant remember immediately all were published on PC by Sega Europe)

Bayonetta, I'm aware there's a Wii U emulator in the works, but I would rather have an actual pc version.
Panzer Dragoon series, although I heard they lost the source code for the originals.
Vanquish.
Some of the games stuck on the xbox, like Otogi, JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Literally a post anyone could make, shit I feel like making one of these and seeing how many of you fuckers fall for it.

Jsrf can only exist on windows store

Wait Sega owns Otogi?
Do they own Metal Wolf Chaos too?

Why don't you just say "Sega only makes games for PlayStation because Japan literally doesn't have any other platforms."

No one buys third party games on Wii U

No one owns an Xbox

PC is literally illegal in Japan

That only leaves Sony.

I don't know about now, but 2 sega's so called pillar game franchise from a few years ago were PC exclusives (total war and Football manger)

maybe that's just for Europe though, since I don't think anyone in America or japan gives a shit about football manager (maybe a little in japan)

>Metal Wolf Chaos
From soft published that on their own

I remember suffering through this and slowly getting through but damn i never understood the whole ending thing with the hourglass

No one gives a shit about PC in general outside Europe. Japan doesn't port games to PC, and American PC ports are consistently abysmal.

aw man
I guess Ill have to put it with Cannon Spike in the list of games that I will never have the balls to buy

>No Alien Syndrome

Booooooo.

>PS4 gets Yakuza 6 and Azure Revolution in 2017
>PC only gets fucking Dreamcast ports

You can't make this shit up

Ya hard as hell. That soundtrack tho. BWAAAAAA.......bapobapobeepobopobabababababababbadigidigidgig

The very first panzer dragoon game already has a PC release. It's pretty easy to get running on modern systems too apparently. They could just do minor work on it and rerelease it on steam.

At least that's one in the series

I wonder why the sonic games arent all ported to pc by now. Thats literally just free money and their series with the most appeal. Thousands of autists make new pcs every year and they will buy up sonic games.

most of them are.

Less ports

More original games, or at least, sequels.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

please

>it's a rerun of the "games actually sell on PC" episode

No one wanted this one though

Heroes can sell based off nostalgia and being a fully 3D sonic and unleashed has a lot to gain from being on pc and many are starting to realize its flaws are massively overblown and that its actually an incredible game. Shit people would buy 06 just to experience it and mod it up, the only one i can think of that would have no appeal is shadow, boom, or tons of those shitty 90s spin off games

P-PC will get TWO(2) new Sonic games!

There is literally no reason not to port Chaptix.

But PC will never, EVER, get any of the Yakuza games becaus >muh narrative and the fact that the games only sell on PS consoles. Let's not even bring up Project Diva...

Yakuza I can understand the bragging, but Project Diva?

Are Project Diva games really that good? I've seen people bragging about this game, but it never came off to me as something incredible, just another rhythm game series.

Thats what I thought too. Never cared for miku or the other friends or the music. But when that project diva demo hit the american vita psn store, I was addicted. Very fun

>built a PC that costs more than all current consoles combined
>only have shitty western multiplats and shitty ports of old Japanese games
>the best games (which are by Sega, mind you) don't actually come to PC

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR, BROS, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GABEN'S CHOSEN PEOPLE!

WHY DO THE SONS OF SONY CONSTANTLY WIN?

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST THROW THE TOWEL IN FOR ONCE?

HOLD ME Cred Forums, I WAS SCAMMED OUT OF VALUABLE MONEY. NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO PAY FOR RENT!

Total War Medieval III when????

>literally asking for shitty western non-games

Yes, project diva games are very good. I was not a fan of vocaloid but i tried the demo for the lulz. Soon I was completely addicted with 300hrs+ on project diva f alone

Give the demo a try if you have not really maybe you will like it
i never really cared much for rhythm games minus eba ages ago but those games charmed me

Apparently they are fun rhythm games. I don't give a shit about rhythm games though, so I never tried even if I do like some vocaloid music.

>I don't give a shit about rhythm games though
thats why we needed miku in sasrt

Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1&2 PLUS

He's lying. Treasure own the IP and publishing rights to Radiant Silvergun, not Sega.

>fucking REHASHES at that

How many games has Yakuza gotten?

Rez HD
Outrun2006
Burning Rangers
Bayonetta

>get psyched for Project Beat

>it dies due to shitty drama

I hate my life.

Rez actually has gotten a remaster with VR support as a PS4 exclusive.

THIS. Fucking Love Super Monkey Ball 1 + 2. So sad what they did to the series.

Deluxe is goat and the vita one is great