Super Mario 3D World is not a real 3D Mario

Super Mario 3D World is not a real 3D Mario.

Other urls found in this thread:

dafont.com/super-mario-256.font
shmuplations.com/mario64/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only real 3D Mario is 3D Land.

For a game that's not a real 3D Mario, it was still the best fucking Mario game I ever played since Galaxy 2

There's a real fucking problem when a "not a 3D Mario game" fusion boogaloo turns out to be a better game than the entire modern 2D Mario

Hell, even Miyamoto called 3D World "Middle ground"

I liked it a lot

>Mario game in 3D
>not a real 3D Mario
Nigger, I didn't like it as much as 64 / Galaxy either, but it's still a 3D Mario game.

3D World is my favorite Mario game. Bite me.

Will this meme ever end?

It is.

This

>Inb4 nintendodrones swarm us

>it was still the best fucking Mario game I ever played since Galaxy 2
Was there even something between those two?

Yes it is.

>A product made by Nintendo
>By the same team that does 3D Mario games
>Stars Mario
>On a Nintendo home console
>Characters move on a 3 dimensional plane
>The game LITERALLY HAS "MARIO" and "3D" IN THE FUCKING TITLE

By what metric is this POSSIBLY not a 3D Mario game?

kys, retard

It could be great if it had challenge in mind with the level design
>but muh champions road
Yes, that's a really small piece of the game with a challenge.
I'm not even saying it should be hard, just SMB3 difficulty.

New console

You know what that means

New concept for 3D Mario

Regardless of what it eventually becomes, we are getting some new shit and I'm looking forward to it

3D World's best feature was making themselves whatever they wanted whenever they wanted, no limitation on where you are, so I'm hoping the next game follows a similar route

It was still enjoyable despite not being completely challenging. Super Mario World was 10x easier, yet that gets a pass. SMB3 wasn't difficult either.

Stop trying to group all of the 3D Mario games together like they're all supposed to be the exact same thing.

>hurrr if it doesn't have objectives and and a hub world it's literally not 3D

It's also not a real Mario. Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and 3D Land aren't real Marios either.

Are you the guy that said Crash Bandicoot was an FMV?

SMB3 wasn't even that hard, you just remember the tedious and shitty auto-scroll levels. Galaxy games are way harder if you want to colect all the starts desu.

so when was the last time we had a "real mario?"

November 18, 2012.

Land and World are infinitely superior to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.

Mario 64 was a mistake.

not but you first

No 3D Mario game is bad however I prefer the 64/Sunshine style with open areas to explore. Galaxy 1 and 2 were a bit too linear for my tastes. Defino Plaza is such an amazing hub.

how is it on CEMU?

*bites

And you are not a real retard.

the problem is that 3d world plays exactly like a 2d mario game just because they wanted it to sell as good as NSMB games, which is the main reason why the game sucks.

Same here, after 3.

3D Mario games aren't real Mario games.

Mario are not real games.

No they aren't, you're just a retard.

Actually I kinda agree with Sunshine because its a mess in terms of level design but it was still way more ambitious than 3dshit

>barely any platforming
>really sterile, generic safe graphics and art
>music is 50/50, some good, some is retarded with the tryhard orchestra band shit, doesnt suit mario
>levels are mainly large open areas to accommodate 4 players, reducing thoughtful level design (this goes back to point 1)
>end game levels are gated by collectibles, have to scour through the garbage levels to play the good bonus ones at the end

Its honestly nothing more than a 4 or 5, this is as fair as it gets. Anyone saying this is a masterpiece or 8/9 is deluded.

The thing is the galaxy games are much longer. SMB3 starts, makes you struggle somewhat, ends promptly.
The galaxy games are a lot of doing menial shit that can't possibly kill you.

Yes

3D Land, NSMB2, NSMBU

I'm sure that according to your arbitrary criteria you're right.
Among normal humans with a normal mind, you're an idiot.

Reminder that Mario Sunshine is not a real platformer.

Hurr

I think the reason I didn't care much for this game is that instead of adding new moves to Mario's moveset like they did with SM64 and Sunshine, they basically reverted his moveset to 2D Mario.

It's still a great video game. But it's an underwhelming 3D Mario game.

Oh no, they left the moves there. They just crippled them enough to be useless, which hurts even more.

3D?
Mario is the main character of the game?

Kill yourself

it's really more of a "Super Mario 2.75D World."
But that doesn't sound as good, I guess.

I think it has great level design and plenty of mechanics/obstacles to go around. I think of it as a sort of "mario celebration" game, where it's just level after level, in a good way.

I hate the final boss though. But to be fair, mario games never had good final bowser fights. The best so far is 3DLand's, ironically.

>People are STILL pretending the Galaxy games were good
Least movement options, slow floaty garbage. By far the worst 3D Mario, even 3D Land is better.

>SM64 revolutionized the whole videogame industry while also put the bar so high that even nowadays very few games have reached that level of perfection in terms of precise, fast, fun movement and amazing level desing

>Sunshine tried to expands upon that and even though it failed at least it was ambitious and actually tried to do something

>Galaxy games revolutionized a genre that was almost dead with its amazing gravity physics and mind blowing level design

>SM3dW just wanted the casual public from NSMB games

Yeah... it sucks.

Hope you enjoy your gold tanooki suit for being shit at mario games

Haha I know right pffft "opinions"

>play galaxy 1
>this is amazing!
>play it again
>this is so boring!
I know I'm not jaded since I 100% 64 every once in a while, galaxy is just fucking slow, safe, boring and restricting.

>mind blowing level design

>Good bonus levels

Several of them were previous levels just either at night or with different enemies. How does that make them good?

I'd have to disagree on that Galaxy part. Sure it was a good game but I'd still rank it below Sunshine

>platforming is mediocre
>graphics are mediocre
>level design is mediocre
>end game is mediocre

look user, i disagree but I guess y-

>music is 50/50, some good, some is retarded with the tryhard orchestra band shit, doesnt suit mario

ok shut the fuck up. the ost was literally ELDER GOD-TIER. name a mario game other than 64 with a more well-rounded and iconic soundtrack

protip: you mcfucking CAN'T

protip: you fucking CAN'T

What font is this anyway? I never knew the font the super mario series used, like this and SMW

i typed the last bit twice I'm drunk but yeah

If you just played 64 it actually does feel really slow and clunky, but once your mind get used to it then it actually feels really good, also the hardest levels make you realize that the movement, though is slower is way more presice and equally enjoyable as well desu sempai.

Some people like hub worlds, some people like SMB1 where you can't even save. For me the 2d design in a 3d plane is just bueno. It's a 10/10 game for me but I understand why you would want a different kind of game from a franchise with a broad gameplay ideas

Your parents don't actually love you.

dafont.com/super-mario-256.font

I feel like they made it themselves

But Mario 64 was barely a platformer.

But what am I doing with that extra precision? Going forward in a linear fashion in a non threatening level?
In 64 I can take risks, explore new ways to get stuff, rush too much and die, you know fun shit.
I remember finding out that you can just walk off to the side of the bridge in cool cool mountain and you slide off really fast and land safe where the big penguin is, and that it's a really fun way to get the little penguin there. Feels great, this shit just doesn't happen in galaxy.

They should drop NSMB and only focus on 3D World/Land and 64/Sunshine like 3D Marios

I liked FLUDD, fuck the police

This thread was better the other 80 times you posted it.

shmuplations.com/mario64/

When videogames were fun.
It hurts to even read.

galaxy and sunshine are more memorable to me.

They were more challenging, the levels were cut up more meaning you actually had to jump, more hazards, a timer rushing you etc

>I don’t want to just hand players ready-made experiences—here you go, play this stage we made, solve this puzzle;
This is just too funny. Why did they drop this philosophy?

You wut

You have crawling

You have triple jump

You have the backwards flip

Cat Mario makes you even more agile

Did you fuckers play the game

>sunshine

literally the same theme for every level. galaxy I'll give to you, but I disagree.

Because their fans will eat up anything so they make the easiest and safest approach because the fans will defend it and doing this will get more casual players on board

>You have triple jump
Did you?

Super Mario 3D World is just Galaxy 2, but without motion controls.

Also, Sunshine is the fucking DMC2 of 3D Mario. Sure it TRIES to do stuff, but it doesn't do anything well.

some people only consider the open world collectathon games (64, sunshine, maybe galaxy too, to a lesser extent) to be real mario games

>mario runs like arale
Shit it's true. And now I have an urge to watch Dr. Slump.

>The "3D world was a bad game" meme will never end

64 doesn't even have an amazing soundtrack,it gets put up on a pedestal by the sheer nostalgia people have for the game

but the tv series never got fully translated
only the first few episodes if I remember

am I mistaken?

I thought only the movies had been translated

Are we talking subs here?

Who said it was?

This entirely.

I disagree
purupuruuuuuuuuuuuum puruuuuuuuuuum puuruu pumpum
purupuruuuuuuuuuuuum puruuuuuuuuuum puuruu purupuru
purururururururupurummm
the hell am I doing

I disagree

Galaxy 1 and 2 weren't either, but Cred Forums sucks their dicks all the time.

Oh hey it's this meme again

Reminder that Platforming > running around

yes, subs

I couldn't find the entire tv series subbed, not even on the private anime trackers I'm a part of

only a few episodes, and the movies

this was a year or two ago so I don't know if they've made any progress since then

I remember waiting for years for Heidi to get subbed then all of a sudden one day it was done

Reminder that people bitched about Sunshine

People liked the actual Platforming segments

Nintendo capitalized on that and made Galaxy

Because that's what you fuckers wanted