Who is the final boss of Civilization V?

Who is the final boss of Civilization V?

Persia

duh, its in the name
sid meier

As always Ghandi

Maximum difficulty Gandhi. You cannot make a mistake.

I thought he was the protagonist?

Gandi

It's a bug that has become a feature since the first Civ, Ghandi will always have his aggression value set to max.

It's his change of using nukes, not his aggression.

Inca is the final boss.

Insanely wide inca with lots of hills and mountains.

He has more food than you should have per pop.
He has more production than you should have per pop.
He doesn't pay upkeep for his roads.
In a fight he is the master of logistics.

Human controlled Babylon
insane science generation combined with good early game survival means its virtually guaranteed to get the ball rolling

sure in theory korea might be better but if you have any form of early game advantage there's a very good chance you can roll over them in the ancient/classical era

The player is.

!!!! ITS MONTEZUMA !!!!

FCKN RTRDS!

This guy comes over and slaps your City-State's ass, what do you do?

Venice. the only time i've ever had a no win scenario in Civ 5 was when I let Venice accumulate 50k gold and he bought all of the city states and voted himself leader in a single turn

he's always first or second to go now

Start a new game. I'm not putting about with that horsefucking faggot ever again.

restart

Boredom.

well of course i slap my own city-states' asses

unworthy

I tip my fedora as Almaty submits to the Great.
I could never keep up with her demands anyway.

"If I were not Alexander the Great, I would like to be Diogenes"

whoops meant to quote although you're probably unworthy too

I make him my Vassal/bitch and tax the shit out of him.
Barring that, Buster Call on Greece

can i get a sauce on that gif

Catapult/Horsemen spam. Peace was never an option.

Its that new TRIGGER anime I think, the Luluco spin off

Little Witch Academia.

>What is a military

source?

Post times, anons.

Did anybody catch the CiVI stream today? How is it looking?

What the fuck was her problem?

Diogenes truly was a man among men

death

You vs cheating AI.
Harder difficulty means more cheating.

She's an AI in Civ 5 and therefore has no ability to perform diplomatic actions. The better question is why didn't you attack her the minute she appeared and burn her retarded AI cities to the ground?

but user, i didn't have significant enough forces near Venice to take his capital in my single turn before the elections

It's what you get for not razing the entire world to the ground in this game. I bet Venice had already denounced you and everything.

Pure and qt queen

She's not so bad in the Vox Populi mod, still slightly insane though.
Liz on the other hand makes an excellent Vassal/cumdumpster while I'm waging war with faggots like Askia and

actually no. he and i were the only Freedom civs, we both shared a religion, and he'd actually attacked England while England was attacking me, because I nabbed few pearl nodes from her.

guess i was fooled by the eternal doge. Emperor Difficulty. was one of my first games on that difficulty

Is there a Civ for noobs?
I've tried to play this but always get trashed to stone age.
Also any general tips?

Civ Revolution is the 'wider audience' Civ.

all Civ games are generous on low difficulties though. pic difficulty 1/settler, and just build things and see what they do. i don't know if Civ 5 has a tutorial

Time

>Is there a Civ for noobs?
Civ Rev.
>Also any general tips
Turtle a bit at the start, try and get a technological lead on the other civs, limit expansion as to make sure you profit from it.

It depends on who else is in the game
Last time I played, it was the Celts.
I was playing Washington and kept butting heads with the Celt chick (whose name I forget) every couple of years
We both had massive armies made up of Death Robots that would blow the shit out of each other.
I think my shining moment was when the Celts nearly whiped out Germany, and I swooped, liberated most of Bismarks country and then helped repair all his tiles because my guys were out of things to do

needless to say, Bismark always voted for me at the UN.

>confirmed bathed only twice in her entire life
She's so pure, I bet she doesn't even take off whatever medieval underwear she's wearing for months at a time. Probably has a massive hairy unwashed bush too.

How can any woman ever compete?

No when I meant civ for noobs I meant civilization, like Japan or Greece etc.
I'm playing Civ V

If you are garbage, practice on an Archipelago map. The AI cannot into navy.

Know your civ's strengths and exploit them. If you are about to get your special unit, then you build a shit ton and go murder your neighbor, even if he is your friend.

You don't have friends. The AI will never like you. Don't even bother trying to please them unless they are in a position to exterminate you. Fuck them and keep fucking them no matter how many denouncements you get. The victor writes history.

Don't ignore City-States. They are practically free cities. If you aren't the pillaging type, then they are at least good for gaining resources, making money through trade, and spreading your religion.

Settler is for people who are new to technology
Chieftan is for people who are new to computers
Warlord is for people who are new to video games
Prince is for people who are new to civilization
King is for people who are new to Civilization V

what are some fun retardo cheese strats i can use on easy bots

If you have brave new world download the PC master race. other than that yeah japan or just start a game and set two civs as teammates.

Venice.
It'll help you explore the game and easing you in with just one city.

Inca.
Bonus to production, food and gold.
Easier movement in warfare.

Spain.
Restart until you're near a natural wonder.

Zulu Impi carpet, cover the world with spear chuckers.

China. They excel and nothing but aren't terrible at anything. Their Paper Maker gives a decent boost to Technology in the early game, and Chu-ko-nu crossbowmen rape everything till post-gunpowder tech.

that's actually a legitimate strategy
impi's come early enough that they can actually matter and they are among the most powerful units in the game

Byzantium.
Get 3 religious buildings and sacred sites.

ICS as egypt. Lock most cities growth on their local happiness level.
Liberty and splash honor(Warrior Caste)

Babbylon. powered up Archers, City Walls and a free fucking great scientist

Its turn 3 and this guy has found your capital.
What do?

I enjoy laying for fun. I just like getting a massive tech lead and steamrolling every other player before they can fight back. It's therapeutic.

>Byzantium
legitimately one of the worst civs in the entire game
its a religious civ without ANY bonus towards actually getting a religion
sure you can have an additional tenet but by the time you reach your religion all the good ones have been taken

Usually it's the fucking russians, although in my last game it was Isabella. Fanatical bitch got a huge early lead by eating egypt and all his wonders. Took centuries to kill off.

>RELIGIOUS DEFENDER
>WALLS
>ARCHERS.

Keep 4 units per city and reign in his mad clay grabbing

Shaka is the most loyal AI so as long as he doesn't smell weakness he's your best bro

Blitz towards Archery

He's playing vs easy bots.
Assumingly lower difficulty.
He can get to three buildings.

show him the true definition of early game rush and shove a battering ram up his capitol

Trolling civ AI is one of the sweetest pleasures in life.

I have a question, what map size do you people generally play on? And how does that affect your civilization pick?

I'm absolutely useless at Civilization to the point where I play on difficulty level Warlord, and while I'm trying to learn how to play the game properly, I see a lot of strategy articles on the forums that deal with how certain civilizations have amazing abilities that allow you to dominate the early-game... but then I'm met with the fact that in the early game there rarely is anyone within easy reach of me because I always play on the largest map settings and thus the nearest neighbor is always a fair distance away.

Thus I end up feeling like there's no point playing civilizations that are supposed to thrive on the ancient/classic era like, say, the Huns, because there will be no chance to take advantage of their unique units and whatnot.

How accurate is this?

>when you're training your settler for that sweet city location and see a friendly civ's settler approaching

kinda fun to micro manage your units and slow him down just long enough to claim it without incurring any penalties

>pool's closed

It's a sweet pleasure in life

i play on Small, then add 2 extra Civs and 4 extra City States. makes everything a bit more competitive

even on the largest maps generally speaking the earlier a unit comes the better
even if your nearest competitor is 20 turns away rushing over with a battering ram and maybe a horse archer for the huns is still a mighty powerful trick

>See a settler heading your way with a scout.
>Obvious city location the AI wants.
>Only way to it is through a one-tile bottleneck with rough terrain.
>Plant a warrior there.
>Denied.

Alternatively:
>See a settler heading towards a spot you want.
>Passes by your terrain.
>Buy out every tile around it.
>No open borders.

I was feeling extremely petty during this game.

Civ 6.

Why do One Piece characters make the best Civ leaders? I play Venice as Doflamingo myself.
Currently playing a Mongolia Domination game as Kaido, pulled a and rushed Shaka off the planet before the Medieval era.

whats with the racist portrayal of barbarians?

They have no culture so who cares?

>Liberty and splash honor(Warrior Caste)
i am not very familiar with civ 5 can you explain this one?

largest setting with ~18-20 civs and half the recommended city states

Don't complete the Honor tree, just get Warrior Caste from the tree

atilla is best at early game rushes

you can get a battering ram from a ruin (if you send your warrior there) given its a replacement for the spearman
if this is within the first 50 to 100 turns this lone battering ram is capable of taking a city out by itself

so you just roll it over to the nearest capitol and take it

>catapult

nice b8

Liberty is a policy tree.
Fill that one out.

Honor is another policy tree.
You don't need to fill it out, just take a few in it, so "splash" it. The specific policy you want in it if you go ICS is called Warrior Caste.

Always steal workers from city states and demand tribute from them. Never be nice to AI, it's never on your side really and it isn't useful in many intelligent ways.

>Play as Venice.
>Money money money.
>Buy off every city state with ease.
>Pay off civilizations to go to war with each other.
>If anyone starts looking too big, pay off a few to dogpile them.
>Sit back and watch the world burn as none of the AI have any time to deal with you.

Magnificent Dr. Eggman is the final boss

Poland, assuming you have BNW (which you should, the expansions are basically nesscary).

Their unique ability is the best in the game by a huge margin and is ridiculously versatile

is there even some kind of pro scene in civilization? that's the kind of hours Id figure you need to be at that level kinda

Polish are easy mode in any scenario.