Xenoblade = Star Wars rip-off or coincidence?

Your definition of rip-off must be very lenient, but yes, the director has spoken about his love of sci-fi for quite a while. I remember in one interview he said that as a kid he spent an entire day just watching Star Wars and Star Trek at the movies seeing one and then seeing the other multiple times.

Not sure if you're actually serious.

No, it's just a prank, bro.

Is this what autism looks like?

Are you 15?

It is a rip off. All Jap games steal from western work and art.

All of them.

practically all sci-fi made over the past 40 years has ripped off star wars in some way.

Which in turn was ripped off from a bunch of old movies George Lucas liked.

The only time Japs create interesting and compelling stories is when their influences are inherently Western.

Prove me wrong.

>Rip-off
More like "inspired"
read

yup,art is just taking from what exists and combining the pieces into new works.
nothing is completely original, once in a while you may see a new concept but even that has it's roots somewhere else.

no, it's actually a rip off of Xenogears and the gnostic interpretation of the bible.

Is this some kind of new anti nintendo shitposting maymay like censorship posting? I'll give it credit for having some effort put into it I guess.

but what about the originals that we're ripping off
and if they're not original, then what about what THEY ripped off

you're implying that it's impossible for anything to be truly original, but for all the ripoffs, there was an original somewhere if you go back far enough. therefore, true invention MUST be possible, as it has been done before.

but yeah, it's pretty rare

Oh no I'm not saying originality is impossible, but rather that what we see as originality is the result of a long process.

For example: man saw birds and wanted to fly, then we developed all types of flying machines to emulate them and over the centuries we've gotten to what we have now.
This one is a bit of a reach but the general idea is there.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you look back far enough everything we have we took from somewhere else