Gonna conquer Calradia one last time?

Gonna conquer Calradia one last time?

Is butterlord coming out any time soon?

Why would you ask this?

I have never finished a campaign.

Literally noone on this planet has finished a campaign in its entirety

most people probably don't know that M&B actually has a "you win" screen

1% of players have done it if you look at the trophy. I am the 1%

I imagine a lot (but nowhere close to majority) have actually done a lot in Warband, including conquering the entirety of Calradia, but its just not recorded in achievements because at some point they enabled debug mode and that turned their cheevos off and forgot

After 188 hours I only have about 1/4 of the map conquered. Only kingdoms that are actually relevant are Nords and Rhodoks and mine though, and I'm still conflicted on which one to fight first.

No, i'm never putting myself through that shit again.

That or the bug where factions don't disband even though they lost all their fiefs and lords, but the king never respawns so you can beat him to end it

Holy shit, this. I can't imagine what Praven and Suno would look like irl from being constantly sieged over and over again.

>not Dhirim

>dhirim was my favorite city so I decided to take it first and make my own kingdom
>find out that was the worst decision of all time in that game
FUCK ME

>tfw playing the Vikings reforged dlc
>tfw its the most amazing open world campaign story I've ever played, you really begin to feel the atmosphere and the epic proportions of the world around you
>tfw on one of the last missions and it's glitched so I can never complete the story mode

I flew too close to the sun, but it was a damn good ride

Post em

I'm going to conquer the Holy land instead.

>play Viking campaign
>go off course
>accidentally get my men slaughtered
>lords won't allow me to recruit in their villages
>fucking banned from France
Okay what now

Yeah EVERYBODY wants that place.

Being the Vassal of Dhirim is like playing Dante Must Die mode. You're in the middle of the map and when Harlaus inevitably declares war on two factions they're gonna be gunning straight for you.

Are you gonna answer it?

good lord, go ask the village elders themselves to take some layabouts off their hands, you don't need to go straight to the lords you know, thats just a conveniant way of not having to bribe the jews who lead the village if you have good relations with their owner.

of course. I saw The First part of Henry VI last Friday and it inspired me to resume my last character. So far I've singlehandedly defeated the Sarranids, fought off Vaegirs until their surrender, and reduced to Rhodok territory to 4 grouped fiefs.
Maybe I'll be able to marry my fucking fiance soon enough.

>tfw the first place you conquered was shariz and the rest of the game became ezmode

Its basically jerusalem

I have no idea how to do With Fire and Sword. I finally managed to get through the early game and become a mercenary, or something, for one of the sides and got almost immediately buttfucked due to retarded AI shit (I was moving with a group, and somehow I alone got attacked by the entire goddamn enemy horde, and none of the friendly AI lords helped) and you can't recover from being held captive in M&B I don't even know why they have the option there.

I've never managed to do anything of note in that game. And it's a shame because the bigger battles would probably be fun, I imagine. I saw a siege take place. That was slightly more fun than the Warband sieges.

>mfw the marshall of Rhodok wiped out the entire sarranid force within an ingame month

Count Laruqen the Absolute Madman

Same. Did it twice in PoP (because fukken elves) but vanilla (or diplomacy or similars) is just not fun for that long a playtime.

What if Erdogan kidnaps the developers?

What will you folks do?

begin operation save kebab, of course.

I could never enjoy FnS because I really don't enjoy suddenly dying by stray shots from across the battlefield.

More like count lol-again

That sort of stuff would be more acceptable if the scale was larger

Can you play a criminal trash type role in this game, just loot and pillage shit at your will

I didn't mind that too much. What I hated was that every time I would attack an enemy force they would always start the battle in a wagon circle which made every battle play out exactly the same.

Yes

I play a vigilante type role where I go after looters and sell them into slavery

The end of the campaign absolutely sucks. After you beat the Saxon army, you have a bromance moment with one of Ragnar's kids, then he says "Sven is in our old base btw"

You go there, have a chat with him, the mothers says she remembers you and is sorry for causing so much trouble. A boring battle follows, after that you go after Sven inside a tavern. He kills your mother, then you fight him and his bodyguards, with your companions.

You get a viking burial scene for your mother, and a prologue narrated by Bedda. The PC disappears into the sunset, each companion gets a line too. Most just hang around and live normal lives, Egil blows all his money and dies in a duel a couple of weeks later, Solveig continues your revenge and murders Sven's entire family and friends. And that's pretty much it.

I was hoping at least for something with the Frisians, and also a reunion with Sigurd Snake-in-the-eye that could go "Sorry, nothing personnel".

Every playthrough goes the exact same for me.

>start the game
>seek out tournaments to win, betting on myself
>amass a small fortune
>buy the most cost effective businesses in every city, using tournaments to keep funds high
>acquire all noble-friendly companions
>use tournaments and businesses to equip us all with the finest weapons and armor
>put together a massive army of Swadian Knights
>declare myself King, taking Dhirim as its capital city as the centermost major city in the country
>spend the next several hours fending off attacks from thousand-man armies from literally every other kingdom until I'm too weak to fight back and quit

I'll be cold in the ground before I bend knee and vassal to anyone else though.

You can get some mercenaries from taverns. You can hire sailors at the docks for cheap too.
If you need money, ask lords for missions until they give you a tax collection one.

>I would like to see you advance further before I can marry

wtf do I even do to appease her

You just got plebzoned

For me it's not even the bad plot that kills it, it's the fact that companions revive after it ends like nothing happened and there is no option to switch that off.

I fucking mourned Bodo when he died.

Dhirim is my favorite city to conquer and own. Its central so you can easily use it for stashing troops, and enemies are always attacking it which makes it easier to thin out their armies and capture their marshals. Owning Dhirim is a blessing.

That said you gotta read the wiki and game the right-to-rule system if you're going to start your own kingdom, because getting sieged by literally everybody is shitty. I hope they make this mechanic more obvious in Bannerlord.

>not siding with the saxons
>not being a Viking converted to the Christian faith to put an end to the heathen recklessness

It is called sandbox mode after all. Nothing that happens after it is part of the plot.

Also, Bodo died like a bitch, killed offscreen by his own countrymen, because of some stupid dispute.

I wish there was better interaction with him when delivering the letter. I wanted to tell him that the sons of Ragnar would conquer all of Britain, and put the vikings under control, maybe even sending them to fight the muslims.

You don't get a chance to have this sort of talk with him, which later on actually surprised me because you can say the exact same thing to one of his countrymen and he just goes "Yes, that makes sense". Pity the guy doesn't really influence the plot, and the following battle plays the same.

>mod called Viking Conquest
>play as a Saxon whose entire life is walk around covered in mud and shit until a Nord puts him out of his misery

find a screenshot of it.

You need to have high relations with lords of other factions so they will be willing to join you. You're doing everything else right.

I had a save where I had conquered all of Calradia with every faction destroyed except for Sarranids who had one last lord who I simply couldn't find anywhere. He wasn't exiled, he didn't have an army, he just didn't exist.

I looked for about an hour before giving up. No achievement for me.

Come to think of it, it might have been Floris mod or something, I dunno if you can actually win in that.

>Start kingdom
>Everything goes great
>Everything goes too great
>No one declares war on me
>No former villages to throw hissy fits for Casus Belli
>In a constant state of peace while the other factions are slitting each other's throats

And then I became the despot

Same. Once it hits the point where you can't do much by yourself and you need to start managing your retard lords, I just lose interest completely.

You can send out your companions to spread the word about you and get yourself right to rule. You can even do it when you're part of a kingdom. Then when everyone declares war on you, you have a chance to achieve peace with them which vastly increases your right to rule.

It's a tough climb for sure, but once you've passed a certain amount life becomes much easier.

Usually when that happens the lord just becomes a one-man army going around riding stuff, good luck finding him with all your soldiers behind you since he must be faster than sonic.

who /vyincourd/ here? best castle that is nestled into the Rhodik mountains.

>buy the most cost effective businesses in every city
Are there any standout moneymakers? I've never bothered looking much into it, it seems that it's just Ironworks or Silk/Dye is the best for each place.

dyeworks are usually are the highest cost + return
but in general just fucking go with whatever seems most profitable

The base game isn't even good enough to warrant such a dedication of time.

I don't even consider the game finished.

Several places do great with ironworks, dyeworks in most others and occasionally breweries where nothing else is good

it's why I've never bothered "beating" the game
snowballed power is boring as fuck

>Go to recruit some villagers
>YOU WERE ATTACKED BY BANDITS
>There's 100 of them

>He doesn't put points into pathfinding

this
enemy armies are jokes, you can beat them 1:8 no problem

seiges are a bitch tho since what works for armies never works for seige bands and vice versa. you basically neeed two specialized armies

>seiges are a bitch tho since what works for armies never works for seige bands and vice versa. you basically neeed two specialized armies

Rhodoks are good for sieges. Your sergents storm up the ladders while the elite crossbowmen snipe archers off the wall.

I prefer a mostly all infantry army anyway. I sometimes even only use my companions for cavalry flanking attacks. Lots of friendly horsemen make doing your own mounted combat less effective since they get in the way.

What does Pathfinding have to do with the random chance encounter of "a trap! You were attacked by bandits" in a village when selecting the "recruit volunteers" option?

Why does bannerlord not have any art like this? It really set the tone.

He probably confused the bandit ambush event with meeting a warparty on the map
Didn't help him that the post talked about 100-120 guys, a reasonable size for an army, while the event had at most like a dozen dudes

Yeah, the mandatory traps are only 6-10 enemies. When it's bandit-infested with 80+ guys, you aren't forced to fight it.

>rescuing manhunters from bandits
>army is all manhunters
> BANDIT HAS BEEN KNOCKED OUT x100
>all these fucking prisoners and money

holy shit why haven't you become a manhunter

I'm considering it. Can someone explain what exactly does the Dickplomacy mod does? Please in detail.

Those you can fight with your entire army plus peasant fooder though

Being a King is too god damn tedious. The fact that your vassals get pissed when they dont get fiefs and will abandon you is fucking awful.

Praven / Suno / Uxhal = best fiefs to own.

A stone's throw from each other, so defense is a breeze.
Mad Dosh.
Sufficiently Central.

No, the fact that giving any vassal a fief slightly pisses every other vassal off is what's fucking awful.

Any tips for starting out a new character? I've managed to work my way up to becoming a lord with a serfdom in the past, but I am never able to move on past that.

What do you guys do to quickly build up?

When a marshal calls you in for a campaign, show up for browny points then leave. If you don't stick around you don't have to do their dumb missions that get your men killed.

tournaments and savescumming desu. get to the point where you can kill sea raiders without any casualties, get all that mid-high tier armor on your guys, and have them train up during it.

You know what one big beef o mine with native Warband was? All the banners fucking sucked major ass. I always have trouble deciding which one I want because they all look like shit.

how do I get people to help me out when I want to lay siege? I ask them to follow me and they're by the castle but they don't attack it with me

What module?

roam around world, recruiting a base, win tournies, increase reputation with towns I want to recruit from, do a few non-shit quests for lords I want to ally with, continuously upgrade my small base of troops into super soldiers, spend tourny winnings on revenue sources and balance it with my troops, have 100 men to kill 200-300 man armies, acquire cities

Sands of Faith

>bandits

Even at a hundred of them, that's not a big deal.

>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Delived 82 damage to Bandit
>Bandit killed by Charname.
>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Received 0 damage.
>Delived 77 damage to Bandit
>Bandit killed by Charname.
>Received 0 damage.

Fuck no. I can only take broken shitty AI sieges & battles so long before I uninstall. After getting as far as owning three pieces of land I quit.

Holy shit!
>Hello?
>Die
>Loots all their gear & sell all captives

Thanks for the quick income boost, boys

I have for with Fire and Sword

>Implying it won't take you 4+ taverns before you finally find a slave trader.

YOU BETTA NOT

You can take castles by yourself once you figure out how it works. Towns are a bit harder, but still doable.