What's the best offline MMO type game?

What other games fit this genre?
That are good

I've played 200 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles X and Phantasy Star Nova which I would describe as largely offline MMO's. I generally find offline MMO's have a better pace than regular MMO's with less filler content/reliance on other players.

did she farted

yeah

Dragon age inquisition

There's always more Phantasy Star Online games...Blue Burst can be played offline if you run your own server and Universe and its expansion have offline modes...though skip the first Universe unless you want to play as the random guy they force you to play as.

I suppose I should go back and try some of the phantasy star online games. Is the combat significantly worse than 2/Nova?

I assume the later ones improved the feel of combat a lot.

sauce

Why is she such a shit character

Dot hack

because apparently she can't control her bowels

I've only played Blue Burst and Portable...the combat is weird, but you get used to it.

You move around with WASD and have attacks mapped to the arrow keys...there's also other stuff, too and you'll probably need this diagram

Jesus Christ

I'll attempt it at the very least. Or just emulate one of the portable ones if I get desperate.

The originl Guild Wars. You can solo the entire story if you really wanted to. It gets better when you have Eye of the North, because you get customizable npcs.

Just play with a controller... There was no reason to play BB with a fucking keyboard.

She's hilarious though

Shomin sample, read the manga though, it's a lot funnier.

Where do you map the shortcuts on the controller, then?

Thanks familia

You don't need all 10 of them accessible at all time. You can map 3 of them on a dual shock 2+ controller and that can be done with joy2key (assigne keyboard key to controller button)

I was playing FOnewearl and didn't have issue (Jellen/Zalure always bound on controller, 3rd could vary depending on map). For the shortcut you use less often, I'd just reach out to my keyboard (can still keep left hand on controller and use the right to press the shortcut).

Overall still way more efficient than playing only with a keyboard.

I miss PSOBB, I miss playing on Schthack with my friends.

I've had no problems just using a keyboard...a controller would feel more natural, but everyone complains about the keyboard controls like the game is impossible to play.

FFXII is great, fuck the haters. Content out the ass and a great politically-driven story.

Fable tlc

No, that was her fairy godparents.

MMO stands for massive multiplayer online
RPG stand for role playing game. together these two make the big games, the MMORPG.
>offline MMO is an oxymoron
you MEANT to ask about RPG's but you are stupid.

>What's the best offline MMO type game?
Dragon Quest
Pokemon
Diablo

Does something like Dragon's Crown count? At least I wish we had a good 2D MMO with that type of combat.

Dungeon siege

He wants muds
Stuff that can be done with one player or a few players. Path of Exile kinda fits what he wants.

Phantasy Star Online franchise (Ep1&2, BB, Universe, Portable 1&2)

.hack// franchise

Xenoblade Chronicle and X

haha

Whiye Knigjts Chronicles 2 is a lot of fun. It also includes 1 so no need to buy that version.

I got into just as Sony shut down the servers. Was super mad but still put 130 hours into it. Hoping we one day get a pc version or emulation with private servers.

Jesus I had a brain aneurysm.

White Knight Chronicles

Dragon Quest IX

Not necessarily. Offline MMO doesn't mean a regular RPG, it means a game that adheres to the conventions expected of MMORPGs but is not required to go online, like Xenoblade Chronicles X, which uses the hotbar-cooldown system which are most prominent in MMOs.

Taken more literally, it may also refer to a game that literally takes place in an MMO, but is offline, like .Hack//