Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-SB2wVXqUXU
lparchive.org/Super-Robot-Wars-Z/
youtube.com/watch?v=g_AZikitKcs
youtube.com/watch?v=LmMvKH_gQ_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=myk7CT2WZGE
youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think you meant Z1, because Z Gaiden isn't that great.

I prefer OG series. But okay.

I thought it was okay. After playing Z3 I really appreciate Z1's squad system. I enjoyed Z2 the best since the sheer absurdity of the power level of the units was at least entertaining.

>OG DOUGHTNUT STEEL
>good

But user that's not Alpha 3

A3 was a mess. The squad system slowed the game's pacing down tremendously for no appreciable improvement in gameplay.

>he lets his squad attack

The squad system worked fine. It just had too many participants.

Also everyone having around 200sp trivialized the endgame.

I'm not talking about the animations in particular. It was the managing of squads during intermissions.

They constantly split the units you have every few missions so you end up having to reassemble squads for each story route taken. Cumbersome and time consuming as fuck.

I hope they change up squads in V.
No more of this solo or two squad shit, I want tri squads back.

Also post your favorite mechs. I was hyped beyond belief to know that pic related was finally getting animated, then crushed completely knowing it wasn't gonna be animated by Shin Getter-san or Arios-sama. It suck balls that they're reusing animations in V, but hey, at least we're getting Crossbone Full Cloth.

I can't believe my boy is finally in a SRW and with Crossbone included too.

Z1 would be perfect if it dropped the squad system entirely like Z2 did.

You ALMOST got me, boyo.
6/10

I'm not saying Z2 is perfect. I'm saying Z1 would be if they didn't bog it down with that clusterrfuck of a squad system. All squad systems do in SRW is make them much easier anyway.

I much prefer the feel of OGs, MX, Alpha Gaiden, or W over artificial depth and length padding.

>OGs
..But OG games have that twin unit stuff. What's the difference?

You can form twins on the spot.

>DUDE ANIMATIONS LMAO
why can't Z1fags just fuck off already

SNES SRWs

>implying it isn't

And you can't do that with squads/tri-system/whatever the fuck the games that have that shit go by?

I admit I haven't played any SRW with those systems. I only have a rough idea about them.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have that .webm of the diebuster attack in z3 with GROOVIN MAGIC playing?

?

Nope. You have to constantly muck about with squad formation during intermission screens because of your constantly changing roster.

Babies first SRW

That's not SRW J

they have a save squad thing

Too bad the rest of the sub-saga sucks balls.

Which is worthless considering how often your lineup changes.

no, they don't

no he's right

I remember when mainline SRW don't delve too much itno LOL DIMENSIONAL PORTALS and used obscure old mecha rather than the popular ones.

Nowadays you have to rely on spinoffs to deliver those.

Is there a decent english script or something for Z1?

Gunleon seems dope as fuck and I have heard Z1 is one of the better games in the series.

There's a summary on Gamefaqs. That's it.

>playing SRW for the story

even when removing the story it still has

>popular new mecha over old mecha

I remember when gayass, Seed, Macross F and nova didn't bloat the lineup

I mean, I'm not crazy about these game's stories, but the interactions are still pretty amusing.

Z1 also has some big Xabungle presence, right? That is some fanservice I could sink my teeth into.

Pretty much every SRW game past 3rd has some a couple of shitty series, its just the nature of a crossover game.

>gayass, Seed, Macross F and nova didn't bloat the lineup
Popularity's a bitch. But it can't be helped.

At least you can work around seed with some crossovers. With Frontier, Nova and Evangelion you can't do shit.

I actually like code geass, ending aside

>SEED Destiny STILL in SRWV
Holy shit just stop

And Nova is fine. Dancougas are always acceptable. The question is, Dancouga Burn in SRW when?

>Evangelion
>Modern SRWs
>Always do Rebuild..even though it's not even finished

I know I know. SRW has done unfinished series before. But it's getting silly.

Who asian english preorder here?

Dancouga is fine

but not when it is that Aoi bitch

yeah but back then they weren't solely for that

like in Alpha 3 it wasn't just Seed

>crabsticks

might as well play it in Japanese

Pretty much everyone in the cast apart from lelouche, kallen and that sick Chinese guy was trash

If they are going to use Destiny they should at least not make it post-plot. I want this fight again with the new sprites.

Are pre-orders up already?

>Aoi
Oh, yeah. She was pretty annoying, but I really like Johnny, Sakuya, and Kurara. Eida can suck a dick
I remember always using the point blank Dancou-cannon for finishing attacks in Z2 because Aoi's yells and screams are fucking grating

Will not hear this whilst playing your first SRW again:

youtu.be/-SB2wVXqUXU

Quite depressing it is.

That theme is used on OG

Id rather not unless there is literally no other option (getting Zero/Ao no Kiseki Evo soon). Besides is a 30th Gundam Anniversary game so should get a good translation like Breaker 3.

Yes.

Ain't that the theme from the classic timeline?

Yes.

>those battleship group attacks
November can't come soon enough.

Pretty odd that there has been pretty much an info drought on V after its announcement.
Would've thought we'd at least see the OG by now.

most info drops closer to release usually, you gotta wait at least 3-4 months till next PV

That's what I kept thinking. After the first PV we got jack shit after that. We don't even know the OG.

Maybe in a few more months I guess.

Best OG super robot coming thru

I'm partial to F/F Final and Alpha.

>order OGS for the ps2
>got OG gaiden in OGS case

gotta love ebay at times

At least the case wasn't empty..

True, sad thing is that my ps2 is buggered and I cant play it any more

That's not Ialdabaoth

>doesn't have sword with rocket thrusters
>best
yeah right

>popular ones
Yeah dude, kids are lining up for miles to watch The Big O and Armored Trooper Votoms
they really should, TBO and ATV are amazing

>Needing swords

was talking about gayass and frontier

I could give a shit about Gundam, Geass didn't deserve to be such an unholy trainwreck. The way I heard it, the director wanted to just make 1 season but couldn't get okayed for the number of episodes, so he had to bullshit his way into a second season to tell the whole story. In other words, it's shit. I liked it right up until the second to last episode of the first season, and then everything after that moment is a downward spiral into an overflowing sewer.

>being uncultured savage who can't into swords and relies on brute force of fists

This sadly, R2 was stupid people doing stupider things, and the MC fucked himself over so everyone else could have a happier end weather they deserved it or not

Still would rather geass in SRW over valrave

Who likes pile bunkers?

not overdesigned enough

how is this thing a transformer
its somehow even less feasible than getter transformations

Ancient Chinese magic.

literally everyone

World needs more Ancient Chinese Giant Robots

Just starting MX. Which one should I go for?

Probably Cerberus for the range. There's kind of a lack of ranged characters in the game.

THIS IS IT.

I've been trying to figure out the name of this mecha for ages.
I saw it in a thread once, thought it looked cool but then forgot the name.
This mecha is the fucking best.

Z2 made me appreciate the fuck out of Sol Gravion, such a ludicrously overpowered mech, pumps out more damage than shin getter and has fucking six pilots with full sets of varied spirit commands. This'll never happen again.

I wanted Dancouga Nova to be in the same boat but it was like a glass cannon version of Gravion. I felt like Reals were the really overpowered ones, with the exception of Aquarion.

There's a written Let's Play that's very in-depth

Garmraid all day every day
Don't bother with playing the game right, go with BURNING RED

How do I git gud at Masou Kishin?

Don't treat MK like a SRW game.

Back attacks are a thing. Use them.

bump

>That feel when you actually enjoyed SEED Destiny, and is playing Z1 just for it.

Am I a bad person?

nah, just weird.
as we all are

happens
I watched Cybuster and didn't hate it.
Cause I didn't know about SRW when I did
still was really bad show tho

never gonna happen

You people actually play this shit for the gameplay?

for banter between characters too
gameplay is while nothing special - solid enough

>The entirety of amalgam got Arios animations
>Everything Mithril got DS ones

Seriously, what was up with that? This was the grand debut of a series that looong needed to be animated and they totally dropped the ball.

Could be worse.

They've been dropping the ball hard since the decision to split Z2 into 2 parts. It's hard to give a damn about mainline entries after how lousy both installments of Z3 were, and V is looking terribly similar.

It has nothing to do with SRW cybuster

I know, that's why I didn't hate it.
If I knew actual Cybuster and played SRW at that point. I'd hate the whole existence of that thing

I suppose so.

If V doesn't at least have Amalgam units as secrets it's going right into the trash. From the trailer it looks like they might be taking the right path, and since it's a standalone game I'm expecting them to go all out.
But why did Banpresto suddenly become so shit? Z was an amazing game and despite Z2 staring the two partner meme at least Z2-2 had AMAZING animations...
What the fuck happened to make Z3 and above so shit? Are they poor now?

What do people consider the best PS2 SRW? Z?

It's alpha 3 for me

Usually. Sometimes you'll Alpha 3 replies or some oddball ones like MX.

Either Z or @3.

>used obscure old mecha rather than the popular ones.
Uh, a lot of the series used in the older games weren't really obscure in their day (or weren't obscure in Japan)

>SRW V
>no magnet bros
FOR FUCKS SAKE

I wish you were still able to break down combiners into separate units, e.g. Getter into the three jets. Just a little thing that really adds to the charm and gives a little fanservice, even if it doesn't add much to gameplay

Gerntlemen, how many of this games are in english? Ive played the two games on the GBA and would love to play anything newer.

Yeah it was pretty neat. Even if kinda pointless mostly.

OG1, OG2, J on GBA
Alpha Gaiden on PS1
Moon Dwellers on PS4

Officially - 2 GBA games you played and NDS Spinoff which is more of jRPG.
Fully translated - SRW 1 and 2 - but probably too old for most to handle. SRW 3 - SNES. SRW J - GBA, SRW Alpha Gaiden - all fully fan translated.
And now newest addition - SRW OG Moon Dwellers, which some purists stay away cause of quite a bit Engrish included. They can enjoy their 65% forever and ever

I loved the Engrish and..odder parts.

>Incorrigible fools

I just want my English Alpha.
But noooooo, gotta to be stuck at 65%.

I'll take any amount of Engrish anyday over JP only.
I wish that faggot released all he had in public and dropped the project instead of holding onto it as if he ever intends to finish it.

>SRW V
>No Voltes V
>No Combattler V
>No Super Chodenji Bros.
One job, Terada.

>No Victory Gundam

>SRWV
>All those gundams
>no V Gundam
How could they fuck up this bad

we get Crossbone, I can deal with no V Gundam

The Engrish is tolerable. Just dont nitpick and enjoy.

I played old SNK games. I'm used to it.

I don't mind. At the same time I love making fun of it.

I too want more Kira being stzbbed in the face.

>SRW V
>No 08th MS Team
>No 0080 War in the Pocket
>No Patlabor
>No Dominion Tank Police
>No Bubblegum Crisis
>No Tekkaman Blade
>No Gun X Sword
>No Orguss 2

>SRW [insert letter here]
>No [insert favorite franchise/series here]
shit game/you had one job bamco

>SRW [insert letter here]
>Has series you don't like
Wow Bamco what the fuck. Fucking shoehorned shit.

I do want GunXSword to make a return.
No series should have it's one and only appearance be in K.

fun thing that SRW can actually fix dumb stuff in series it includes
Like Bright-o-punching Shinji, fixing death of Gai Daigoji , etc.

Kek.

That's true. Can't argue that.

A lot of those were already featured in both Z3 games ffs.

Don't forget the entirety of SEED Destiny in Z

Gotta reuse all those assets while they're still hot

Sad thing is most of them look like trash besides the Arios-Sama/UCGuy units.

Z2 was the shit
Racked up 160 hours between z2 and z2.2

>People keep insisting OG is actually good
>Give in and buy Moon Dwellers
>Half the mechs look good while half of them are total shit
>and even more of them just look deviant art tier edits of existing mechs
>Every single character looks like the most bland by the books shit ever
>Gameplay is the same puddle deep easy as hell "slam your units into other units and watch them kill them in one hit" as its always seems to have been, except with all the mechs and signatures moves you have attachment to removed
Someone please remind me how this is supposed to be good

What else is there to play it for except maybe the pretty animations? The gameplay is some of the most entry level SRPG shit in existince.

The only thing they really have outside of the few good OGs are the higher production values

Sweetened chestnut fellas ww@?

I just want my boy Gaogaigar man
>inb4 DS/PS2 games
Those proportions are too SD to appreciate

Just change the font color to piss yellow and you'd have the authentic /m/ experience

Isn't there only like one SRW game that isn't SD

SD isn't the issue, it's the level of SD being applied as that varies throughout each series. My issue is that the games GGG is in have him so heavily SD'd it just looks like someone through him in MS paint and dragged the image height down a couple inches

W Gaogaigar wasn't too bad. I think BX is the closest thing you'll get, though

lparchive.org/Super-Robot-Wars-Z/

Over here. In-depth summary of both protagonists and has many directly translated scenes.

>But noooooo, gotta to be stuck at 65%.
Don't believe his lies. The translation is done but nobody but members of his secret club have access to it.. There's a fully translated script sitting there, never to be fixed because the guy refuses to make the script public, doing so would of course ensure the proofreading was done in a single week by a thousand people.
But muh sekrit club. Can't have anybody having fun unless they're having it his way.

What the fuck? What's this?

Look, mate. I'm gonna make it simple for ya.

One of these requires a lot of work. Hugo needs Hit and Away for the first half of the game in order for his mech to work properly, but the problem is when he upgrades his best move is now a P attack, meaning Hit and Away is effectively worthless.

The other one has buzzsaw knees and a wolf drill rocket punch for its upgrade.

I'll let you weigh the merits.

"Epic" tale of SRW Alpha translation
other anons correct me if wrong
>Gideon starts Alpha translation 9 years ago
>takes 7 years with some progress, then announces that they need an editors via crowdsourcing
>volunteers join, see the Google Translate quality of the script and go "NOPE" - bail out. Apperiantly translation was not proofread what so ever and Gideon never give any fuck about it.
>no progress since then
>bonus: Gideon whines on twitter how he is tired and don't want to fantranslate anymore and people should be content with what they got
I think project is on 65% for 5 years or so. Once it jumped to 95%, don't remember when.
It's not news to fantranslation project to get stale, cancelled, dropped, etc. But Alpha seems like the best example of trainwreck.

Z1 has the most refined gameplay out of them, and I really enjoyed the squad system of it. 4-mech squads are just too bloated for me so I can't get into Alpha 2/3.

I think UX is my favorite of the more recent ones. Great cast and the originals are awesome as fuck.

Well the show was terrible but liking stuff from that it's ok. Anyway, I'm not judging you.
I like the ZAFT characters a lot and I wish they used them more on crossovers.

And again, if he would just release what he has someone else could finish the job. But then his E-peen would shrink as somebody else got the 'credit' which is all these people care about, it seems.

yeah, forgot to add that part.
And another part - when he instead of continuing working on projects he started - he gets distracted by other smaller projects instead.
There was like 3 projects released since last crowdsourcing news. One of them was started from zero and released in that timeframe

Have they ran out of 80's-90's mecha to add to the roster?

>what is Gorg in BX
>what is literally Yamato in SRW V.

No. Or at least the most known ones. They still have Dairugger, Srungle, Albegas, Govarian, Mospeada, etc. There's still a lot of material to use from 80's and 90's.

The Yamato in SRW V is the 2199 version, not the old show.

aw fuck
but didn't we get new Braves tho?

Yes, Might Gaine. It's a cool show. Hopefully the use J-Decker next.
youtube.com/watch?v=g_AZikitKcs

Might Gaine, yes

MIGHT
FUCKING
GAINE

We'll probably not be seeing early Gundams like 0083, 0080 and 08th MS Team in the games again anytime soon. Is sad.

Xenoglossia when?

You got it already

We get ZZ tho
ZZ is nice
Thanks for reminding, need to watch that

MIGHT GAINE

LET'S GO

MIGHT GAINE

youtube.com/watch?v=LmMvKH_gQ_Y

If anything, I'm really happy because we're getting side stories and late UC. I'm kinda tired of early UC.

Mobage doesn't count

Just wait a while, they'll end up using those licenses again someday.

There was this big chart of all mecha series color coded on whether they appeared in SRW already or not and let's just say there's still a long way to go.

(Unless you cut it down to 80-90s series that are reasonable to get in.)

I thought same about Patlabor
nothing yet

>tfw no shin chan on a proper SRW

It occurs to me that we could do with seeing less of the 'sequel' series and get more of the first series shows.

Like I'm okay with seeing Gundam Wing the tv show in more because goddam have I had enough of Endless Waltz.
Likewise whilst I'm tired of seeing Seed Destiny is so many SRW, I actually feel first Seed hasn't had made much appearance.
I get the feeling I'll be feeling the same with 00 as I see Trailblazer is getting in again.

They same I thought about ZZ and there it is. It will happen eventually.

I just hope it won't be in a weird spinoff, but in mainline next time

God I hope J Decker gets in some day

ZZ has been on a fuck ton of SRW already though, Patlabor has what, OE? Same with Zoids with fucking K and OE, or all of those that appeared on NEO.

Having english translation on Moon Dweller was a blessing. Any chance Bandai doing more SRW titles that way?

Who /hype/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=myk7CT2WZGE

V is confirmed to be translated as well. We won't have Macross never because Harmony Gold though.

youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

The next Gundam G-Generation and SRW V are already confirmed to have an english version, I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 Gundam VS would have one too.

SRW V was confirmed for Vita/PS4 English Asia release at time on game announcement.
If both did relatively well in asia, I guess that means we might get every SRW game from now on in Engrish.

I'm kinda hyped, I like some side stories but my favorite era is Late UC.

>I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 Gundam VS would have one too
in various interviews they really mention going worldwide a lot on that one. So even western release is possibility

And if they really want to get experimental there's the Sentai mecha.
The Sentai teams themselves can be drawn in animated form easily enough.

Its so comfy having a non shitposting srw thread on Cred Forums.

Cred Forums's /m/ threads usually better than what you can get /m/. Tho it's not hard to be better than /srwg/

Not always. Sometimes Cred Forums threads get shitposted by Battletech faggots who complains about robots not being realistic enough

That's only because this is a non-thread. This thread sustains itself on bumps about an hour between.

yeah. forgot about those. I mostly lurk srw related threads, regular realistic/tank stuff goes as white noise

Yeah, the PSP Z games are my favorite too. Mostly because of the cast.

The Z series cast most be the most enjoyable cast I've seen but it's unbelievable how underwhelming the crossover is. Z3 have so much stuff they could've pulled yet nothing happened.
>Half of the cast is traded by fucking Rebuild, Evol and Gargantia out of nowhere
>No Hi-nu
>No Triple Inazuma kick
>No Obari special
>Asakim flashbacks were literally nothing
>"We gotta fight the Baal! No ZEUTH, you are the Baal"
So much build up for nothing. At least my favorite Gundam was really fucking good

>there is no showdown between Asakim and a hopelessly lost Masaki

Hakai is pretty good, because it had the best part of 00 and Code Geass before either went to shit.