Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden

I have never seen anyone discuss this series, apart from how people say how ball breaking the difficulty is

Which one's the best to start at?
Rate the titles from least to greatest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XBVOe0Jsy0
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBVOe0Jsy0&start1=40&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKt3SkvCwOw&start2=0
youtu.be/QamXs0U-BoE?t=2m48s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ninja Gaiden Black = Ninja Gaiden Sigma > Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 > Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge >>> Ninja Gaiden 3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma = Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 > Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

All three are great games, however.

I don't know about the DS game or the Yaiba thing, so fuck it. This is all you get.

Play them from 1 to 3.

I'd say Black is slightly better than Sigma due to the extras. I'm a fucking stickler for alt outfits and the console Sigmas lack in those.

Devil's Third is a better game than either Ninja Gaiden 3 or Yaiba.

as far as i know, Vanilla has more costumes over Black too

But doesn't Sigma have more weapons and content? Or am I misremembering? I also hear Black just runs better.

I'll have to try Devil's Third sometime. I'm itching for another decent action game.

The only thing that sucks about Devils Third is the single player mode is short and too easy. itagaki shouldn't have focused on making a multiplayer shooter.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is my all time favorite action game but Cred Forums will probably try to tell you that Ninja Gaiden Black is the best.

Also, Sigma 2 is a fucking travesty. It removes the 2 best parts of the entire game. Exploding surikens and gore. What the fuck her they thinking?

Can you get it digitally on 360? Otherwise it's like 70 bucks or something for a new physical copy and fuck buying used games

>Ninja Gaiden Black = Ninja Gaiden Sigma
>sonyponys believe this
Yeah the censored, 12 frames a second version sure is great ain't it!

>fantastic art direction wasted on a super-average action platformer

Such a shame.

It's really fucking budget and the online is getting shut down in three months. However, for what it is, it's rather good. Just unfortunately janky.

PC version is out now at least.

>vanilla NG1 has more outfits than Black, which was just all of the DLC bundled together AND THEN SOME

Nigga what?

>Also, Sigma 2 is a fucking travesty. It removes the 2 best parts of the entire game. Exploding surikens and gore

They brought back the gore in Sigma 2 Plus.

Enjoy your slideshow, bro. Because when you turn on gore in Sigma 2+, that's what it is. That's a shame too.

Just buy it used. What's wrong with used? It's not like the game comes with extra content if you buy a new copy and there's tons for sale online in "like new" condition for less than $10.

Ninja Gaiden Black > Ninja Gaiden 2 > > Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge > Ninja Gaiden Sigma > Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 > Ninja Gaiden Yaiba whatever

NGB > NG2 > NG '04 > Sigma > NG3: RE > Sigma II > Yaiba > vanilla NG3 > Ninja Blade

I've never played 2. Are there any particular differences between it and Black that make you prefer 2?

Black removed the future ninja outfit and plasma saber

plasma saber is still in
you have to get the golden scarabs to get it

Ah, that's right, my mistake. I also don't remember, can you still get the Dark Dragon Blade in Black? Is that another scarab reward?

scarab reward (get all 50)
with no NG+ where you keep the scarabs like the original, borderline pointless

Combat feels a lot more visceral. Dismembering people also plays a large role in strategic fighting. I also thought it had cooler areas, better bossfights, more interesting weapons. I still get an adrenaline rush leaping into battle and watching the blood pour and the limbs fly.

>can you still get the Dark Dragon Blade in Black?

In Master Ninja difficulty you can get it halfway trough.

Also played both and yeah, people cannot not understand how great dismemberment was unless they actually played it. Not only did it make combat look better, being able to disable an enemy without actually killing it lets you be so much more aggressive and proactive, rather than the largely reactionary combat in Black. It was so great, and then Sigma 2 shit all over it.

One of my favorite fights in the series. Good memories.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XBVOe0Jsy0

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBVOe0Jsy0&start1=40&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKt3SkvCwOw&start2=0

youtu.be/QamXs0U-BoE?t=2m48s
at least that fight it's playable in Sigma 2

>They brought back the gore in Sigma 2 Plus.
At the cost of fps and number of enemies on-screen.

As impressive as a portable port might sound, both Sigma + attempts sacrifice the one Ninja Gaiden should never suffer, fps stability and enemies on screen.

I always loved that song.

Was it too fast for your baby skills?

I have a PS3 and not a 360. I got Sigma 2, but have been bitter about how it was changed from 2 for years and shelfed it. This actually looks decent though. Maybe I should give it another chance.

It's not like I have any alternative...

>It's not like I have any alternative...
You could probably find a 360 for $50 or so these days, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is only going to be $20.