So I upgraded my 750TI to a nvidia gtx1060 and now im having buyers confusion??

So I upgraded my 750TI to a nvidia gtx1060 and now im having buyers confusion??

what do i videogame to test it out Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB/2187vs3646
youtube.com/watch?v=04HsL_6lJhY
pcpartpicker.com/list/vp4npb
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487259
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487262
wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-gtx-1050-launch-specs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Google Earth

why

GTA5 with the redux mod

I would say mankind divided but it runs much much better on the 480

your esports game of choice, thats all budget cards like that are good for

Skyrim with slutty outfits.

>750Ti
>1060
You literally downgraded

For 1080p, it's fine if you don't use ultra settings.

Are you fucking retarded

If you're not going to use ultra settings then why not just get a console?

MD still runs fine on his card

No, at least not as far as I know.

Shouldn't you be on r/PCmemesterrace?

Did you get the 3GB or 6

if 3 you really did downgrade

fuck you piece of shit it can run most games atleast you shithead

Because the average PC game still looks better on medium-high settings at 60 fps than console versions do and you still can use mods and don't have to pay for online.

Should I wait for a newer cars to jump onto 4K 60fps? What ghz monitor soups you recommend to accompany it?

Lemme know how it is, famalam. I've got a 750 Ti that I'm desperate to upgrade from.

I'm serious. All these shitters with hardware only capable of low/medium settings are the reason we get shitty console ports. If the people who can only afford a console-level PC just stuck to consoles and left proper PC gaming to those of us who can handle it, PC would be the dominant platform again. Imagine a world where Ultra is the default, a world where platform parity doesn't exist. Why does the PC version of so many games get gimped to console-level standards? Because that's the hardware the majority of the PC gamers have. PC gaming is a joke entirely because of poorfags.

get some 144hz clam chowder

so far most things I've ran play at 60, no matter the situation but I'm praying it holds up for newer games the witcher 3 is up next and reviews say i should get about 60-80 on max

So many damaging comments about the 1060. it is a really good card, it runs a ton of games at max and is a good buy as well. Much better than any ps4 I've seen.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB/2187vs3646

The fuck are you talking about

>60 - 80 fps on max
>On a 1060
What the fuck reviews have you been reading? My 1080 only gets about 65 fps with the game maxed out, and I've never seen it get into the 80s

I got the 6gb slightly overclocked edition

wtb 750ti low profile
dont want to spend 120 for it when i could get twice as much ram on the card for the same price for a full size.
what the fuck do i do? someone sell me a low profile 750

you wouldn't get any ports if the pc market shrunk down to only people who can afford high end hardware. it wouldn't be profitable to make them.

"Budget"

I'm not sure like i said man reviews lie a ton if the thread is alive will post fps

Why does Cred Forums hate the 1060 so much? It's a solid mid-tier card with an unbeatable price.

this is Cred Forums, where anything less than a 1080 is utter shit.

Good. I don't want console ports. I want proper PC games that are designed to take advantage of real PC hardware.

Is the 750ti a better buy for upgrading from a 650ti? I'm budget as fuck, and I hear it can handle most newer titles at medium 60 frames

>Implying the 1080 isn't utter shit
There's literally not a single good GPU on the market

Ignore that retard. The 1060 6gb is perfect for what you've said. And good choice with the OC. You should be able to run every modern game on High-Ultra with this card, I would know because I have a 1060 6gb.

yes it plays almost every game at medium 60fps go for it dude

If you can afford just a little more, the 1060 3GB is 200 bucks and pretty solid for the money.

I have a 750ti and the most intensive game I played on it was W3, I capped it at 30 and turned hairworks off and I could keep it at 30 with mostly medium settings. Think of it as slightly better than a PS4

I may go for it, especially if it can tide me over for a few years, otherwise the money goes to guitar pedals

dont worry user, I have a GTX 960 and didn't have any problem running the witcher, provided you don't use any of those hair things

crysis 1 & warhead & 2
warframe
bf4
skyrim + mods
sc2
evolve stage 2
space engineers

Spend a little more and get a 3gb GTX 1060 or a RX 470 4gb. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade from a 650 TI to a 750 TI.

If you dont wan't to spend that much wait a month or two for the GTX 1050 to drop which will be cheaper.

Do NOT buy a 750 ti man the newer generation cards blow it away.

What are some limitations that the 1060 has when it comes to 1080p gaming?

The 3gb version may have trouble with overly intensive games because the low total VRAM amount. The 6gb will run anything you want thats out now at 60 fps 1080p on Max or near Max settings.

None, really. 1060 is perfect for those looking to game at 1080p with settings on high or max.

The three Nvidia cards go like this:

1060 = 1080p gaming
1070 = 1440p gaming
1080 = 4K gaming

It's a good card user, but you should've bought a 480. It's more powerful and also better for the next years, not to mention that AMD drivers keep improving forever, 390 was worse than the 980 at launch and now it kicks it's ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=04HsL_6lJhY

Still, the 1060 will run everything you try on ULTRA, of course don't use Hairworks or any of that shit.

I got 980ti last year. Pc has no instresting games. Just generic open worlds, indie crap, and FPS.

What's best for consumer in regards to investment longevity?

Pay the first introduction to a new generation of GPU or wait until the final iteration of that gen or is it all the same?

holy fuck the RX 470 is powerful. That's amazing for a budget card.

Also fuck the 970, it dies down as soon as you reach the town. Is it because 3.5?

And it's pretty hilarious that he outright cut the 970 from battle, I guess it just dips to the 30's or something.

> being this retarded

Its disingenuous to say the RX 480 is stronger than the 1060 right now. However yes it will be for future games using DX12.

The 1060 is superior when using DX11 and when using 1080p. The 480 wins in DX12 and 1440p resolution.

215% increase
?????????????????

What's the max refresh rate on a TV?

ArmA III. I would also say Space Engine, but it's not a game yet.

Well, now I know what card I'm getting for sure.

60Hz

I don't know of any HDTV whose panel is higher than 60Hz. And no, that bullshit 120Hz shit doesn't count. That mode is often unavailable for PC input, adds input lag, etc...

>The 1060 is superior when using DX11 and when using 1080p
Yes but it's not a day and night difference user.

And more games will start to come out optimized for DX12.

I mean unless you buy a new card every year the 480 is easily the best choice to go for right now. Msi Gaming x is the best

People are just doing him a favor and suggesting the rx 480 which has 8gb of vram vs 6 on the 1060 and will last more than a year or two.

Everyone knows nvidia drops support on their hardware once their new shit is out.

Good choice, do your research into what model you want to buy. For instance the card is not heat intensive at all, so dont pay a premium for the Windforce edition you'll see that has a slightly lower clock rate compared to others and massive fans. Check your budget.

Barely any TV displays are capable of displaying more than 60 different frames, the 120hz TV's are gimmicks and sometimes relate to progressive scanning, although I don't see how it would help.

I have one I am going to get rid of but i'm gonna sell it for about 90 dollars desu

Why are companies focusing on 4K when they should also consider ghz.

Edgy bullshit really. It's a good card for the price.

High framerates are apparantly a pc exclusive now

No one can say for certain, but that's just how it's working. Something new has to be introduced so people will keep buying.

I think it's most likely that movies were recorded in 4k so people will rebuy movies on 4k media and new players.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some shady agreement between some the TV manufacturers and Sony/Microsoft and other companies.

4k makes more sense for the retarded masses since most of what's shown on a TV is locked at 60 or 24FPS anyways and most idiots can't tell a difference between 30 and 60.

Because its built for the purpose of being obsolete shortly afterwards. The x50s have the problem of getting the x50 ti that is far superior choice, the x70 is usually the sweetspot, the x80 gets replaced by the x80 ti and the x60s are built for giving buyers remorse

>Because its built for the purpose of being obsolete shortly afterwards.

And 6gb instead of 8gb is clear proof of that

Also why it had sli disabled

retard alert

are you me? i literally did the same thing a week ago. been playing witcher 3 and killing floor 2 a lot. turn corpses up to like 300 in kf2 and have a fun time.

But I don't understand why anyone would SLI low end cards like the 1060 instead of just getting a high end card to start with.

>dealing with AMD drivers

The RX 480 is only just at parity with the old 970.

If the 480 was cheaper, maybe. But at current I'd take the 1060 every time.

Go back to consoles if you are only willing to spend $250 on a GPU. I bet you have a UBER HAXXOR locked i5 to go with it. Kys

You mean the drivers that make the 380 shit on the 960 nowadays?

Or the drivers that make the 390 shit on the 980?

Nice meme, faglord.

Fuck off r/masterrace samefag

Dumbass.

>changing to mobile

Thanks for proving my point.

>le mobile boogeyman
You embody everything wrong with Cred Forums. I bet you're a skinny White conservative stormfag who plays video games to escape his pathetic life.

>not benchmarking a few games with your old hardware before you upgrade
C'mon man, this is my favorite thing to do, nothing like watching your old card get its scores smashed by the new hot thing you just bought.

>tfw have to upgrade my motherboard before even being able to swap out my 560 Ti for my 970

What about us windows 7 users?

First time doing a PC build, can anybody give feedback on this?

pcpartpicker.com/list/vp4npb

Is 850 wats going to be enough?

Is there a better CPU cooler that's not too expensive that still has roughly the same dimensions? I don't even know if this one will fit.

Is it worth getting a 6800k instead? I wanna do VR with this once I can afford a vive, and I don't know if a 6700k will be enough for that or not.

Drop the psu wattage down to around 650W, unless you plan on sli-ing you don't need that beefy of a psu

And the EVGA SC 1070 is a reference board with a better cooler. Not that impressive imo
If you want a custom card with better power delivery and more OC potential get the EVGA FTW card

Pretty much any cooler will fit in that case. If you want a better air cooler look at Noctuas
Unless you're doing content creation and editing or other multithreaded tasks, the 6700K is more than adequate even for VR, especially if you OC

>Drop the psu wattage down to around 650W, unless you plan on sli-ing you don't need that beefy of a psu
To be honest, I was oringally told by the computer guy I know to get a 1200w, but everybody else told me that's insane overkill so i dropped it down. I don't plan on going SLI, since I was told that if I wanted to beef up the graphics capabilites I should just get a 1080 instead of SLI-ing 1070's; but I do leave my computers on more or less 24/7

>And the EVGA SC 1070 is a reference board with a better cooler. Not that impressive imo
>If you want a custom card with better power delivery and more OC potential get the EVGA FTW card

Well, I'm probably not gonna end up overclocking at all actually. Do you still think the FTW model is worth the extra 50$ given that info?

>Unless you're doing content creation and editing or other multithreaded tasks
I do a lot of image editing and some video editing. I also very occasionally do stuff in 3ds max.

Also, you suggested the FTW model instead:

Which one?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487259
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487262

I don't know what the "DT" means in the second link, but it's 25$ cheaper

The people who recommend super powerful psus are ignorant. Hardware keeps getting more and more efficient as time goes on. It's using less power for more performance.
And for only a single gpu you don't need a high wattage psu, and it can actually operate outside the efficiency curve and waste power

If you're not going to overclock, (you might as well imo it's very easy and just free performance) then staying with the SC is fine. You'll still be able to overclock it a fair bit anyway if you choose
Same for your cpu

If you do editing and shit, then putting some extra cash to go up to the 6800K could save some time rendering
But keep in mind you'll have to get an X99 mobo which are more expensive

The more expensive one has a dual BIOS and higher clocks out of the box

>sc2

Problem is SC2 is too distracting with all the graphics set to max, and when trying to play optimally with >100 apm you don't really get to appreciate it.

I upgraded from a 750. Really not noticing anything different. DayZ and H1Z1 run a little better but it's not much of a difference.

My end goal is to run dota at 300+ FPS

Should have upgraded the cpu

750 to 950 is hardly a gain

you might want to call the fire department

Metro series

I changed from A8-5500 to A10-6800

It's FM2 socket.

What does Dual bios mean here? or at all in the context of GPU's?

I only know what a BIOS is in terms of the BIOS menu on startup

Still hardly a gain, but I forgot it was only an FM2 socket

Wait for zen and start from scratch
In the mean time get a better cooler holy shit

One of the temps is incorrect, i just don't know which one.

SpeedFan shows a cooler temp but speccy shows like 110C even when idling.

One typically has faster clocks to start off with
And if your doing serious overclocking, you can flash a custom bios with some hardcore tweaks in there to really get things screaming, but if something goes wrong or it becomes corrupted it will brick the card, so you can revert back to the other bios to get things working and fix what you broke

If you're idling even those speedfan temps are too much

470 is best bang for buck card imo. its like how people say the i5 6500 is best cpu to buy for money.

470 is too close in price to the 480 imo. Just spend a little more for the 480

my samsung hdtv is 75 hz, and its from like 5 years ago.

Yet it's a CPU intensive game. It will run fine though. Can you pick a game that's not a steaming pile of shit though?

exactly why, its like $50 more for 5 fps

What the fuck do you define as good then retard. Your standards are shit

I'm thinking about going from my 760 to this 1060. 82% increase doesn't sound bad for $200.

How do you tell if a card need a connection to the PSU or pulls power from the motherboard?

That'd be a good upgrade. I went from a 760 to a 970 and it was huge

It pulls power from both. Most every card will have extra pcie power connectors. Only a few cards like the 750ti don't have them

750Ti and certain 950 models dont have PCI.

My power supply is shit so I need cards like those.

third party diagnostics are often unreliable unless they've listed your exact model as certified/tested

use the manufacturer's own tools to calibrate a baseline so you know whether a third party program is showing you the right values or not. you can also check the readings in bios

Enjoy steam early access titles that don't even run well on a 1080

I hope my i52500k goes on a bit longer. OC'd it but I can definitely tell its struggling and I don't really want to spend money on a new mob+cpu since both of them are 4-5 years old.

Why?

The 1060 can do 1440p/144hz?

It's a great card.

Play whatever you couldn't max out before.

No

at silky smooth 15 fps

So what can do 1440p/144hz?

a 1080.

1080 or more

That's a lot of pixels to push. SLI would probably be necessary for the most demanding games

Well fuck might as well wait for the 1080ti at this point since release day will be soon.

What about AMD can any of their cards do 1440p/144hz?

You would have to SLI them, and even then probably not at high settings

Nvidia owns the high end right now

The first game I test a new graphics card on is always Crysis

am I the only one who does this?

1070 should be fine for 1440p/144hz but you won't consistently take advantage of that 144hz monitor. 80-100 is expected, anything more is up to the games optimization which is extremely hit or miss.

I am too lazy to mod Crysis, Vanilla Crysis is easy shit these days though

Show clocks, and stop the bullshit.

What is SLI?

Anything over 100 fps there isn't a difference that is noticeable?

>Bought a 480 and a new computer case to fit it in
>Set up computer, format it and get everything I want on it for two days
>Test a few games
>Don't know what I even want to play
Fuck. At least I know I can run everything now.

Doom
Ashes of the Singularity
Hitman
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Star Wars Battlefront
You can max literally anything with it, so take your pick.

I think 100 vs 140 is noticeable, but 120 vs 140 isn't.

The thing though is once you get a game you enjoy, and reach 100+ FPS on, when you get another game that is just poorly optimized

Only games that can even go beyond 60fps are multiplayer FPS, FPS, MOBAs, and MMOs. Everything else is still stuck at 60fps for some reason. So there isn't much to chose from in terms of genres to enjoy the 144hz.

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-gtx-1050-launch-specs/

Will this be a good investment? Using a GT-610 right now and it's literally the only thing stopping me from playing some games while being less than optimal for some others.

Most single player AAA games are poorly optimized, but alot of those you don't beat more than once anyways. Playing R6Siege, when you get 100+ its so fucking nice then it drops to 80 randoms and kills your fucking eyes.

Especially since Siege defaults every preset to the two blurriest ugly retarded optimization settings

Check the technical specifications, there should be something listed there like "power connectors" which will specify the amount and type of connectors needed to power the card.

I got an AMD 5770 here with a Phenom II 1055t CPU.
What GPU should I get for 1440p gaming?

I mostly play older games, the newest I got is Grim Dawn.

>le Cred Forums boogeyman
Not him but you're not any better faggot.