Releases in literally two weeks

>releases in literally two weeks

What the fuck where does the time go?

Fuck. You serious? Seems like the shitstorm over its reveal was just yesterday.

You're boycotting it, right, Cred Forums?

No.

You want Nintendo to make more shit?

I wasn't ever going to buy it, just like I didn't buy sticker star. Either they give us a real paper mario or they get no sale from me.

Modern Nintendo apologists incoming.

No, I like what I see, the only gripe I have is the combat, which I can overlook since I'm buying it used

Sooner the NX comes out the sooner we can put these horrors behind us.

Assuming it isn't anotherdisaster.

what's the obsession with toads in this game i hardly see any unique characters

>I'm buying it used
This is the only acceptable way to buy Color Splash.

Your partner is a unique character.

Into all the actually fun games you've played since its reveal instead of caring about it

I'm not boycotting it but I do have zero intention to ever buy or play it because it doesn't look fun

Were there ANY Nintendo games worth buying this year? They all flopped.

It actually looks decent, I'll just pirate it though.

>literally a floating paintbucket with eyes
wew

I'm there with you, and I'm not buying it. But I'll say that it doesn't look as egregious as SS.

There's your hook as to why there aren't that many unique characters, because they would just be [x] with eyes.

i'll probably pirate it, and if it's anything like Sticker Star, I'll get bored within 2 hours and never play it ever again

As opposed to le generic Toad?

I can't wait for reviews of this game so I can immediately block reviewers who find this game anywhere above an "Ok" rating or 6/10.

Wow, this would've released and I wouldn't have known for probably a week after the matter. Kinda like Recore, I'm still a bit taken aback that that actually came out.

Seems like the only people that could possibly be interested in this are true Nintendrones or people who never heard of Paper Mario before.

>releases in literally two weeks'
>bull shit
>looks at date
WTF september is almost over where does the time go
it feels like september just began

Wait, it's September?!

>More and more people of Cred Forums are saying they'll buy it/pirate it/get it used

What the fuck? Didn't you all play Sticker Star?

as long as they don't get any money from it, it's fine

I don't really care if they make money or not, but for months people were acting as if it wasn't even worth their time, but now people seem to be acting as if they want to play it, as if they've forgotten sticker star already

Do you remember?

Some of us want to see how shit it actually is firsthand. Nothing wrong with that as long as no money goes to Nintendo.

Personally I'm just so desperate for a Paper Mario game I'm willing to play it, even though I really fucking hate Sticker Star. I'm only pirating it though, I refuse to support it even if it turns out good.

no but someone woke me up

I never shit on it because I got over how bad Sticker Star was in comparison to previous games and just enjoyed it for what it was; a decent platform game with really shitty combat, a couple annoying bosses, a terrible gimmick which was necessary to play the game and a kickass soundtrack.

Cody?

The twenty first night

On one hand it's a Mario game
On the other hand it's a Wii U game and pirating is an option

How's it going to do financially?

It's being marketed heavily right now on social media, so we'll see.

Wii U piracy isn't as blown open and widespread as 3DS, we'll see.

It'll do better than Federation Force, at any rate.

Ignoring the Paper Mario part of it, you say you enjoyed Sticker Star for basically just decent platformer & the OST (gotta agree, that OST is nice) but point out that the combat, bosses & gimmick was terrible which is a huge majority of the game. Like you can enjoy the game all you want but that legitimately makes no sense to me, it just sounds like you're forcing yourself to like the game by ignoring the glaring issues that is part of the central gameplay.

I was excited for it ever since it was announced. Can't wait to buy it.

Yes, I've played the originals. Yes, I've played Sticker Star.

you forgot to say
>Yes, I'm a gigantic faggot

I thought this was supposed to be the Wii U holiday title?

Fuck, do they have anything else at all?

>independent thought
>shitting on the game
If anything anyone supporting the game is the minority if Youtube comments and Cred Forums are any indication.

It's cool, man. I honestly envy you. I wanted to love Sticker Star and this game badly. Can't get into it. I hope you enjoy it though. If you liked Sticker Star, I can see you having a pretty sweet time with this one.

More than a million, easy. I doubt it will manage to break Sticker Star's sales.

If it does then I won't ever forgive anyone who bought it.

No.

Pre-load's up now apparently for anyone who cares.

I think Nintendo only has Color Splash (Comes out Oct.7) and Zelda: BotW (Which comes out in March) left for the Wii U. I guess there's also Project Giant Robot but that seems to be in some kind of limbo, I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled.

since they've shown us some more stuff people are jumping on the apologist bandwagon with the logic that "well, AT LEAST it's better than sticker star" even though it's still going to be shit

I mean i will admit at least there's a bit more variety this time around and the combat isn't as shit, but it's still going to be the same shit as sticker star in the end.

It'll sell but it won't sell well. I doubt it'll make more than PM64 since like 64 it's being released at the end of the wii u's lifecycle and everyone hates it. I'm not going to put numbers on i though.

>everyone hates it

A lot of old Paper Mario fans on the internet do, but that's not much of an indicator of the casual market, which is likely who they're aiming at now, and unlike a game like Federation Force, Nintendo isn't going to be afraid to market the fuck out of it because of any early negative reactions. If it stars Mario, they will stop at nothing to push it.

I'm actually curious to see if Cemu can run it day 1.

Nintendrones are like battered wives

>casual market

That is true i guess but the wii u is in an odd position. On one hand it's at the end of it's life cycle so this can either mean people will be snatching up the games to give themselves a reason to play it or they'll completely overlook it because NX hype.

As stated before paper mario never really sold well before the wii anyway and since the wii u has sold 1/3 the number of units that the n64 ever did I'd be surprised if it did outsell PM64, but then again i can't see the future so we can only wait and see

This game does what it wants to well.

The problem is, what it's doing isn't what anyone wants.

Also I plan on getting this used too. But until then, I'm purchasing Paper Mario 64 on VC on Color Splash's release date.

>This game does what it wants to well.
Not with that combat system it isn't.

Theres literally no way the game will get a lower score than sticker star.

It has better graphics, good music that will probably be on par with SS and actual funny dialogue. Even Bowser talks now.

So theres objectively no way it can get a worse score. Even if nobody wants the game it will definitely be rated an 8 or 8.5

That's just it. It wants that shitty, boring ass 'combat' system. It's doing it damn well.

Thanks, honestly. I just want to show support for the game, since it doesn't seem like it's getting much.

well yeah but the problem is sticker star's score was incredibly inflated.

The only thing sticker star had going for it was that the controls were decent and so was the music and it managed to get a 7.5. At absolute BEST sticker star is 5. Colour splash will be a 6-7 but it'll be inflated again because of mental retardation.