How do you feel about sports games, Cred Forums?

How do you feel about sports games, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/germany-vowed-not-humiliate-brazil-world-cup-semifinal-hummels-article-1.1861976
youtube.com/watch?v=iVvRWU1RTsk
youtube.com/watch?v=DUSojCb193U
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj9ryKRsY74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Modern ones - uncreative, boring.

Made for people not interested in video games.

>The colombian pigs injured Neymar
>The FIFA sanctioned Thiago for no reason
The germans just got lucky. They didn't deserve the cup.

Never could understand the appeal of anything other than the X Ball Manager type games. NFL Blitz/NBA Jam/NBA Street and other various true to form video game takes on real life sports were always way more fun to play and way more interesting.

This desu senpai

A lot of sports games have sucked all the fun out of it unless you are a big statistician.

>tfw no good Xbone baseball game

Hate 'em. They're a money trap for blacks and mexicans apparently.

I only like them when they are loosely based on the actual sport.
Inazuma Eleven games are fun to me.
The Eyeshield 21 game was fun.
NBA street 1 and 2 were great and I enjoyed NFL blitz too.
80% of the Mario sports games are good too.

as long as it isn't the levels of Realism as NBA2k what the fuck ever and Fifa number who gives a fuck I'm pretty much fine with it.

Same stands for racing games. The more Arcade and out there the better.

Forza is not a Arcade racing game.

the first Mario Strikers was pretty good

i only play games that tickle the psyche like civ, csgo and dota

baseball is the shittiest sport anyway. Just like a handegg, many athletes are just fat pieces of human trash.

They're dead turned into casualized arcade shooters for the average retard

>Forza is not a Arcade racing game
it is, even devs admitted they dont know shit about driving physics.

I only play mario sports games

also enjoyed hotshots golf for a second

>The germans just got lucky
pure delusion
caralho, já fazem 2 anos e eu ainda quero bater no David Luis

>Forza is not a Arcade racing game
Yes, but horizon is.

Boring as shit though and doesn't feel the least bit fun.
It's no Cruisin' USA or Burnout.
It's not realistic but sure as fuck not Arcade.

>inazuma eleven

Mein neger

As if you aren't aware that game could have ended 0-10 easily if they didn't choose to stop the huelocaust

The last sports game I played a whole lot of that I recall was Perfect Eleven (International Superstar Soccer). I played a few other games after that (some fifa, some Winning Eleven/PES, some MLB games), but nothing to the extent that I played Perect Eleven back when I was a kid.

Unless you count motorsports.

Blizball and The Captain Tsubasa games are the same thing as IE.
But IE has more customization and shit.

If you like cap tsubasa

Try touhou soccer
It plays almost the same

>2 fucking players get benched in divegrass
>this could have changed how shitty the fucking defense played, how awful the goalie was, the German line up, and the shit performance of the offence
Soccer is a fucking terrible sport

Never played one, and probably never will

I actually quite like sports games. I'm not crazy I don't buy them every year, usually go 2-3 years between picking up a new version of one. I'm currently playing MLB The Show 16 and also NBA 2K16 because that one was """free""" to PS+ subscribers a few months ago.

>getting that upset that your favorite team lost at sports ball

How.

I remember I had tons of fun playing NBA Jam and some indoor football (soccer) game where you could bounce the ball off the walls. Both on the snes, can't remember or find the football game.

I miss ea BIG
those were some beefy games

waiting on multiplayer blitzball

Never owned any sports game, but I use to play FIFA with friends and family when I visit them and I find it kind of fun

The only thing I hate is that the great majority of players only use Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and whatever the flavor of the month team is in the EPL and never let me choose my team when playing with them

Howd you enjoy getting cucked by the Jays?

So you're admitting that all your team has going for it are two slightly above average hues?

you're all a bunch of closeted faggots I love my JRPGS and my Dorf Fort and all that other nerd shit, but I also love my Madden and my NBA2k.
ps. only a retard would buy the yearly releases, there's just not enough new gameplay in between titles

Never forget the goalocaust.

i used to like them but haven't really played any in ages. i play like 2-3 matches a year and even those are mostly because a friend of mine really loves to play them on his xbox.

They're not for me. I don't follow sports so I don't get much satisfaction from them, and I always get stomped by my bros that do the few times I play them.

I like them a lot in general. I play FIFA the most since I love football, but any sports game is usually cool for me.
>They didn't deserve the cup
>It has been two years
>The salt is still very real
Get over it, Joao. Your team was raped fair and square. Neymar wouldn't have changed your defensive incompetence.Thiago wouldn't have made a huge difference.

The microtransactions for the stupid Ultimate Team card games are killing everything. More time is being spent there than anywhere else. Even in the NBA 2K, they keep charging their funny money more and more. I hope it all burns down.

Iv never followed soccer but god damn I could taste the despair in the air that day. Witnessing a moment where an entire country received a blight of shame on their international persona that will never wash off. Its not every day you see the Soccer, inflation, and tranny nation become the Loser, inflation, and tranny nation.

I don't really like them, the only one I played for a significant amount of time was Campeonato Brasileiro 95.

I prefer calling it the Fútbolocaust.

are you new to sports or something?
either that or american

Seeing just how amateurish Brazil were is equal parts disgusting and hilarious. Always give this a watch at least once or twice a month. Love the bits where Germany just starts showing off and does fake out goals and instead of taking easy shots pass it to another player so they can score.

Shut up, kid.

You don't understand. You're probably american or canadian. You would never understand.
Football is an integral part of brazillian culture. It's not just a sport, it's THE sport. Some people in South America will say things like "Football is not everything, it's just the most important one".
So to host the World Cup and get humilliated in this fashion, it's something that cannot be explained. Especially when this is the thing brazillians are suppoused to be great at.
Im not brazillian, I was actually rooting for Germany that day. But I wouldn't wish for this to happen to a nation. Not like this.

It's literally all the BRs have in life.

nah man, there are Americans who are super deep into sports fandom too. I've really only met one guy who is super hardcore into his local team though. He would leave work in a jersey to on every game day and the next day he would be super irritable if they lost and bitch non stop.

I love baseball so I buy the show for my PS4 but i always buy last years edition when its like 10 dollars. I love baseball so much I also play OOTP a lot too. Guys baseball is the greatest.

accept it felow hue

Best world cup ever since 06

Fuck off, monkey. You got curbstomped. It would have easily been double digits if Germany didn't feel sorry for you. Consider yourself lucky, subhuman.

nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/germany-vowed-not-humiliate-brazil-world-cup-semifinal-hummels-article-1.1861976

The best. Along with Hockey

>tfw Neymar washed away the shame during the Olympics

shh
as the old Chinese saying goes
"Deixa os garoto brinca"

The same reason people get upset when Sony gets an exclusive.
Then get mad when it goes to PC.
And just brand war faggotry in general.

Sports are quite possibly the most fetishized and advertised things on the planet.
Video games have also been marketed in a similar way for some time.

>Olympics
>relevant

>João
>not Vandernilson

>BRs still butthurt over 2 years later

Most sports games are incredible. People tend to hate them because they come out every single year with few improvements, losing site of the fact that the product is great. I typically buy an NBA game every 3-4 years.

Always triggers me how the reactions are clearly cut in from completely unrelated moments.

>First goal
>BR player sighs after Germany gets a 4-0
>Second goal
>BR supporter is shocked by Germany's 3-0 lead
>Third goal
>BR supporter on the verge of crying because of Germany's 2-0 lead

Is that a gay game or something? Looks hilariously homosexual.

did anyone else enjoy the tears of the fans in the stadium? especially the kids....that was a delight.

I don't mind sports games, as long as it is a sport i like. Fifa is awful though.

Are you sexualizing him or somethng? It's just a dude following through on his swing.

That's not "completely unrelated" though. It's still from the match, just not spliced in at the right times. Still works.

there hasn't been a good sports game since nhl 94 and rtwc 98

>that kid crying into his cup
never forget

They make him show off his nice ass and tender man-breasts with this angle. Gotta say he looks real pretty in his tight clothes and his pretty hat.

This makes me happy.

best frame of the webm

All part of the new agenda.

>Looks hilariously homosexual
I bet you love WWE or whatever that wrestling is called these days

Haha holy shit this will never stop pleasing me

That kraut has a very long dick to make the brazzer feel so violated.

Nah, I don't play sports, not even imaginary ones.

fifa 99 was really fun me my bro my neighbors used to play it a lot

I wish we had more arcadey sports games instead of these wannabe sim sports games

Sports stats are my thing. I don't even know why, but if it isn't a text based simulator then it's pure shit.

t.someone who has put in thousands of hours in OOTP and Football Manager and even EWR/TEW.

>ozil failing the 8 goal
>minutes later they let them make 1 goal

dissapointed as hell

>youtube.com/watch?v=iVvRWU1RTsk

It's almost worth watching with audio just to hear how the commentators start bullying BR.

this family. I did get cucked into buying the new Madden since I haven't played one in years.

>that 5 to 0 mark

All the Germans are just smiling and laughing while the BR are starting to feign falls and random pains to give the enemy team yellow cards. Beautiful.

>there will never ever be a football game on the PC again

one day madden will lose the rights to the nfl and we'll all be free

The EA NHL games and NBA 2K games are fun. Madden went down the toilet pretty bad and I haven't played it in years because I'm just bored of football for the most part at this point. Couldn't give a shit about soccer or baseball.

How does that work? How can one company have the rights to an entire sport? Do they just have every single professional team worth a damn on exclusive contract or something?

11-9

literally the only country that plays it is america so it wouldn't exactly be difficult to do that compared to pretty much every other sport

pretty much

I think blitz tried making a football game with completely made up teams and players, but it turns out that people don't really give a fuck if they don't recognize them

What's wrong with FIFA?

EA payed the NFL and NFL Players Association a significant amount of money to sign a contract that says they are the only ones that can make an officially branded American football game.

will only play if there is cute girls(male)

It's not the right sport for one.

PU70 > BRA71L

Mexicans got rekt so hard, everywhere, all day it's still one of the finest examples of meme magic.

he's talking about burger football mate

He's talking about American football Mr. Foreigner.

>Do they just have every single professional team worth a damn on exclusive contract or something?

That's exactly it.

Some other developer could come along and make a game with fake teams and players, but nobody would care.

Isn't that known as a monopoly? And aren't those discouraged, even in Murrica'? In Norway there are laws against most monopolies.

Does anyone have the webm with each of the goals and the fans crying like babies in between them?

This confuses me, so what you're saying is that people play these games mostly because they recognize the horribly misshapen and crudely animated faces, not for the sport itself?

Monopolies don't apply to entertainment.

i mean, it's sorta like fifa but not to such an extreme extent

Would you rather play a game where you recognize the characters, or some knockoff that clearly wanted to copy the characters but fails to? How many copies are really going to sell?

>not posting BR tears
youtube.com/watch?v=DUSojCb193U

Yeah. A huge part of sports is about the teams and the players.

Lots of sports fans base large parts of their identities around being "Cardinals fans" or "Seahawks fans". It's stupid but that's how it is.

I'm sure someone from Cred Forums could give you a better explanation.

Sit down and think for a fucking second, what the fuck does Brazil even have besides football? Trannies and cheap surgery isn't something to wave around proudly.

I'd much rather play a football game that leans more towards fantasy and comical violence, but that's just me. And preferably one that's not a board game, before people shower me with Blood Bowl.

You remember when Winning Eleven was clearly better than Fifa but Fifa still sold more because they had all the real teams and players? It's like that.

I guess that's true. But minigames like blitzball from Final Fantasy 10 has a cult-following, not because of the names and faces but because of how the game works and the concept. Couldn't a football game work on those merits too? Or is it all about reliving the memories with the dream team?

This isn't me trying to be an asshole either, it's just me trying to understand how this genre of gaming lives or dies on sports-starts names and faces.

EA doesn't have a monopoly on all Football games, you can still make a football game but you need permission from the NFL to use their team and player likenesses. NFL choose to give EA an exclusive licensing deal in exchange for $$$$$$$$$

Even if they did though, nobody cares about monopolies in video games, let alone a genre of games. Laws against monopolies are taken more seriously when they're applied to non-luxury goods.

>tfw PC can't run FIFA 17
>I'll have to buy a PS4

I always wanted to be a casual

>winning 11 2002 on ps1
That game was pure sex.

This one's a bit better I think: youtube.com/watch?v=Xj9ryKRsY74

Look up a Madden gameplay video compared to a game called Axis Football that's what you have to choose from right now.

The concept is football. What are you going to do with it? People ultimately want football as it exist in real life, and Madden and NCAA already do that. If you change things, you'll dissuade a lot of customers. The mechanics that exist in a game like Madden aren't simple, either. It's taken them decades of building to get where it is now. A new competitor isn't likely to do as well in that respect.

A couple friends and I play the EASHL mode in the NHL games pretty religiously. It's great fun. That's about all I play as far as sports games go though.

What the fuck happened though? They say that there was too much pressure on the team, but isn't it always like that?

>What the fuck happened though?

Brazil is shit.

Germany is good.

These things just happen, the players likely fell apart mentally which turned a pretty bad loss into an absolute disaster

Germany is insanely good at football. Brazilians also had a lot of their leading people on the bench or on the stand.

Like a lot of the supporters said after the match was over, loss was a probable outcome.

The problem was that this wasn't loss. This was humiliation, and people rioted in the streets for days.

if you are american imagine that for some reason one australian team is allowed to play in nfl. and they win superbowl

I legitimately think they were paid off. It looked as if they were moving at half speed compared to previous games.

>inazuma

Mein neger

I was out of town and bought my dad a Mexico Copa America Jersey and other merchandise. They lose out the day before I flew in.
I guess there's always the bicentennial...

Brazilian culture is a turd.

I genuinely don't think anyone can afford to pay off an entire football team in the world cup, and pay them enough for the story to never get out.

You can't fathom how many tens of billions of dollars ride on the grand final in cups like this.

i don't

>team is worthless with two players missing in a team-based sports game
Proof that the Brazilian team is pathetic.

>happened to be at a buffalo wild wings during this game
>the one guy wearing a brazil shirt goes to the restroom, then comes out with the shirt inverted

I'm positive Fifa could afford it. They're made of money.

Why do Brazilians chimp out like that when it comes to sports? During the olympic games the were also acting like savages.

I don't get it.

>could be embarrassing, its three

>when it comes to sports

Trademark monopolies are encouraged, since supposedly being able to monopolize a trademark will motivate people to make a really fucking good trademark. Or in the case of EA, just buy the rights to them and innovate on absolutely nothing because their trademarks are enough to push sales.

Why are they crying?

Maybe. But even then there'd be very little reason for it as FIFA does not stand to gain a lot of money by having a world-class team humiliated.

They want matches to be as close and as nerve-wracking as possible for max excitement and highest possibility you'll come back to watch the next match.

Sure it's sometimes worth throwing out a gimmick match that people will remember for a long long time (like this one will one day be a fun grudge-match).

I doubt they'd pull this kinda' stunt with a grand final though.

They'd be masterful shitposters. Cred Forums would be burned to the ground, and the team would probably be dressed up to play rugby

I remember watching this live, I don't even like football but god damn this was funny.

But doesn't increased competition lead to better and better products being shipped out to the everyman? Shouldn't more competition be encouraged and not less?

That was the semis

>enjoyed sports arcade games but now they dead
>FIFA is the same as in the last 5 years with few changes in corners and PES is trying to go back to PES5 or 6 roots but still not as good
>FIFA has slow ass weird passing, lags 1-second when changing players, opponents have a magical glue where the ball usually goes near them, teams play almost in the same way
PES has quicker faster passing, invisible 1 meter distance elbow clash, teams play in different ways, but its overall quality is shit
>NBA, NFL, etc games are always the same shit every year
>Tennis games are dead
>Mario sports these days are joke compared to GC era
>games like FM is just jewing cash, changing database, layout and a bit of how contracts work or how the match runs
I usually go back for older games, they had more charm and not these empty yearly shells we have.

I love them if I have friends to play with

>bill lambeer's combat basketball with my cousin
>wrassling
>fight night

Sports games are great for local coop. The only one I enjoyed outside of that is the NHL series after they put in multiplayer where each player is a person.

This was glorious.
Here in brazil, there is this very heavy handed corporate push on "BRAZIL THE COUNTRY OF SOCCER!!!" and the normies gobble it down.

So watching this third impact was completely glorious.
Was almost a Trump.

Sports games are literally "it's fun with friends" tier.

How do we sell an unlicenced (no real teams) sports game to neckbeards and Cred Forumsirgins?
What do nerds want in a sports game?
Or just remake Inzauma Eleven?

I really miss the Nintendo sports games. It felt like they were putting a fantastical twist on a otherwise boring game.

Now they're so full of themselves it feels more like we should just be thankful to be playing tennis with Mario in it.

Just remake Blitz / Fifa Street
The problem is you have to sell it to normies, neckbears and Cred Forumsirgins aren't profitable enough.

>What do nerds want in a sports game?
Lightsabers and titties.

It means a lot to Brazil because it proves they're still a powerhouse.

I can't into soccer, but was there a bigger humiliation that this?

Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead to Lebron and the Cavs is pretty close. Warrior's had just beat Jordan's Bulls record with 73-9 during the regular season and had the first ever unanimous MVP. It was hilarious watching them talk shit and calling Lebron a bitch then ultimately losing it all.

Right now you don't, EA is too strong right now. Kids buy games because of that, or Messi and Ronaldo on the cover of a game.
Even in the past PES struggled to sell because of fake/weird named players and teams as no uefa competitions that instead had a better mode that was master league.

Yeah. Sega did some good sports games too.
Remember that time with variations sport games? Like Red Soccer, NBA Jam, NBA Street? that shit is gone. Like x-treme sports games like skating, Bmx, waveracings, snowboarding, etc that were a big thing in end 90/early 2000s.

So normies ruined a genre that only normies care about? Heaven above

18-1