ANNOUNCE IT NOW

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/22/nintendo-is-now-127-years-old/
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/22/ubisoft-says-nintendo-has-learned-from-the-wii-u-with-the-nintendo-nx/

It'll probably be november or october
If not then, than january

Nintendo is seriously cutting it too close. Are they gonna unveil the day before it's out?

I honestly think they shouldn't reveal it at all. They should just start taking preorders and people will find out when it ships to them.

Only redeeming factor is its vulkan based

They don't want hype for NX to overshadow hype for NES mini. NX info will probably released sometime after Christmas.

Yeah, because that worked out so well for the Saturn.

Made of a snack box and chopsticks?

that will be stupid and be probably what nintendo will do

Mr Spock designed it?

Ubisoft dumps ports and sholveware on literally every Nintendo console on launch, their words mean jack shit. They said the same shit about the Wii U before.

Because Ubisoft is going to come out and be like, "NAH, IT'S FUCKIN' SHIT!"

>“I think, once again, the interface is very attractive. It’s a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That’s what I like – that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now.”

>“It’s difficult to answer that [before NX is revealed]. What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here.”

Oh no, I feel hype when I shouldn't. "Appeals to everyone" implies that it will have good graphics AND games. "learned from the Wii U" implies third party support for a change. Should I just take everything he is saying as marketing garbage instead?

>Yves Guillemot says good things about the NX

I don't want it revealed now, cause its been confirmed to be shit now. Dead on arrival.

It's getting delayed user

Do you think Nintendo will announce an announcement or something when it hits 12 am in the west? Nintendo he is in Washington

>"Appeals to everyone" implies that it will have good graphics AND games
Holy fuck you can't be serious

How often do you think NOA scans this board for leakers, and to see what people are saying?

I think that NoJ is the one keeping shit away from NoA.

Not Vulcan 300, no.

I wish people weren't such attention whores. I love keeping secrets.

This is what people said about the Wii U. Take it with a grain of salt.

>He says the thing to take away is that Nintendo has learnt plenty of lessons from the Wii U and the Nintendo NX is a platform that should appeal to everyone.

Lol they didn't learn shit. It probably be another overpriced gimmick console with outdated hardware and no games

Thank you user. I won't be hype for Nintendo's next failure.

>Yeah because that worked out so well for the Saturn
its not the 90'

Didn't Ubisoft say they would support the Wii U before it came out? look how that turned out.

That's a terrible idea.

What's in the box?!?

Just keep your expectations in check, Nintendo hasn't said a thing about the NX to my knowledge, and the Wii U had a lot of failed promises on "bringing back the core audience". Don't entirely dismiss it yet but don't waste time getting hyped on nothing concrete.

It still doesn't mean it'll work nowadays, because then people will go "Wait, it's out?"

With how much of an issue messaging was for them last time, waiting this long to unveil the thing is a bad idea.

They still supported the Wii U a bit longer than other devs ironically.

More than not at all isn't much of an accomplishment.I don't blame them for ditching a sinking ship, however.

A cell phone

It's stupid either way, they need to make the case for this thing before people are going to buy it especially after the Wii U. Can't just dump it out to market without any media cycle, Nintendo ain't Apple nigga

I am so utterly done with Wii U and 3DS. I have tons of games for both, and enjoyed them, but the Wii and DS era needs to make like a sheep and get fucked.

Nintendo gave third parties free reign to make games on the first years of WiiU, the problem is that pretty much everyone skipped and keep on ps360 or waited for PS4/Xbone.

To be honest, they got pretty much fucked because third parties.Just like sega on Dreamcast.

It's not like the games ever sold much on Wii U anyways.

The only thing worse is if they give the NX a really stupid name like the "New" 3DS, that'll fucking kill it because then people will think its just an add on. That or they sell 8gb and 32gb models at a premium like the Wii U.

ZombiU sold like a million despite the small userbase.

CoD got ported with no DLCs and ads were for other consles. Fifa on WiiU were just legacy versions AKA same shit as Wii/PS2 despite the WiiU being able to handle more shit than ps3 or 360.

Sega Ported Yakuza 1+2 with zero fucking marketing.

They wanted get ride of WiiU asap.

>new that is adapted to what we actually want now

this is the big takeaway.

i feel that this means that it will be decently powerful.

>Wii and DS era
What? Do you mean dual screen games? Wii didn't have dual screens

They will call it the New Wii U

They already said they are moving away from Wii brand.

But I think they still going give support to wii stuff since just dance is there. Also is good to keep wiimotes to shooters.

It needs to be an absolute refresh. Kill all the branding, accessories and backward compatibility. Just make one of the features "forward compatibility" or "archival" features, so you can buy old and new games and keep them on carts.

You could even save patches and updates on the cartridges, right?

>cartridges
you fell for it

the meme

You could even save patches and updates on the cartridges, right?
Does Nintendo cartridges work like flash memory?

Carts aren't bad idea per se, the problem is price. But... Disks are just for install and DRM nowdays. Giving a reason to devs switch to carts is the tricky question and make shit affordable is another one.

On bonus side, console can be smaller and have even less moving parts and quieter.

I plead ignorance! Just doing some creative thinking.

Imagine going to a vending machine in an electronics store, and buying digital games (indie or whatever), and the machine prints the label and puts the game on the cart, and spits it out in a box.

>Imagine going to a vending machine in an electronics store, and buying digital games (indie or whatever), and the machine prints the label and puts the game on the cart, and spits it out in a box.
Cool idea but Neither Nintendo will allow neither third party's will like to implement.

3DS and Vita carts are read only with a writable section for save files. It's possible to put writable space aside on the cart for patches and such, but I would personally rather keep that tied to the system so it would be more feasible to go back to old patch versions for whatever reason, like if a helpful or fun glitch gets fixed.

The only example I can think of with patches saved to cartridges was there was a glitch in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire where after either a year of the real-time clock running or a set amount of playtime, daily events would stop working, namely the growth of berries. All the other GameCube and GBA Pokemon games included a function where if you linked the two up you could "patch" it, which somehow wrote to the save. Either it was an issue with the save file in the first place or it used dummy data in the save to do it.

In Japan during the SNES/GB days, Nintendo basically had an official flash cart called "Nintendo Power" that you could take to a kiosk and burn whatever game you wanted on it. It didn't have every game, but it was neat for what it had.

The 3DS failed at stopping flashcarts, even with them pushing software updates, so how the fuck are they gonna prevent piracy

It won't really affect them because piracy doesn't have the impact companies make it out to have

Piracy have more to do with Software side than hardware side now.

One patch can stop a lot of stuff right on their tracks.

That seems stupid and unnecesary

They didn't expect piracy to be really dead but at least they tried slowed it down with better security maybe. 3ds piracy doesn't really start trending until halfway of its life.

"Appeals to everyone" implies that it's a glorified mobile games distribution service, because the mobile gaming market is what the common "everyone" pleb is into now.

Im just thinking about getting digital games in physical form, like print on demand.

I appreciate the info. Thank you.

Please screencap this post. NX will be a mobile app that allows you to buy nintendo games that have been ported ot the phone and hit new titles such a Clash of Koopas, Angry Birdos, and who can forget the soon to be well acclaimed I ran out of puns... I am sorry

>ubisoft-says-nintendo-has-learned-from-the-wii-u-with-the-nintendo-nx

Has Ubisoft learned anything though?

Or they wouldn't mention it.

EA did the same shit

Shitty thirdparty devs with shitty reps and shitty thirdparty games.

Kinda ironic two of them was competing for golden poop 2 years ago

Normies only care about graphics.