Dark Souls 3

What happened? A new trailer came out and there literally no hype/disappointment thread. Was game so bland that everyone quit? Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne threads are awlays seen (even if they are primarily shitposts), but DS3 is basically forgotten.

Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=1yH5tOcRY9s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8B_tdzkixgw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4
youtube.com/watch?v=u7D3f41XOqE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc&list=PLW03xEr-pTeYgo2tfGM8_70cVAWnr4n-F&index=2
orig12.deviantart.net/2c4e/f/2014/094/4/f/reremake_by_aloo81-d7d2zxq.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A hardcore Soulser I know says Demon Souls was the best souls game. He also says Bloodborne is super casual, so when I told him Cred Forums kept saying the best Souls game was Bloodborne, he laughed and said they're full of crapola.

im hype as fuck OP whatchu mean? ive been on a soulsborne marathon trying to plat them all need a break from funposting on Cred Forums and im working on DaS III, that boss fight though shits gonna be awesome

Your friend is a fucking idiot.

Is that just the painted world?

I got the pass, but I'm not really hyped or anything right now. I'll play it when it comes, but I know the multiplayer will still be halfbaked as much as I'd love to play it semi-seriously as many pvpers do.

Looks good, there's nothing to talk about though.

Lore speculators are the cancer of the souls series.

Pretty much. Dark Souls 2 still gets lots of threads because it's a hate sink. Bloodborne does because Sony fans consider it GOAT. DaS3 is kind of at an inbetween where it's really bad but not worst game ever bad like DaS2.

It looks exactly like the Painted World of Ariamis

I wish DS3 would stop leeching off the success of DS1 and dare to be it's own game. It's pathetic.

So I should basically wait for complete version at this point if I haven't bought the game already?

Your friend is right.

>literally Sif
>literally Priscilla

More like Rehash Souls

DS3 felt like a shameless cash grab.
DS3 DLC looks like a shameless cash grab.
Prove me wrong.

There were at least 3-4 threads with 200+ replies yesterday.

I don't want to.

This. I feel like I have made a huge mistake by buying the game at full price.

>still haven't beat it

Every new souls after the first I just play the shit out of them and get burnt out. I'm at ~50 hours in 3 and in ithyrill dungeon, also lost some hope because greirat died on me. Last few areas were more frustrating than enjoyable.

Bloodborne has harder bosses than any souls game though.

>Says
>Says
>I am a sheep and will believe anything people tell me

Not including the DLC which bosses do you think are actually hard in Bloodborne? Bloodborne was my second soulsborne game and I found it incredibly easy compared to Demon Souls and when I went back and player Dark Souls I found it even easier than that. Most bosses die to mass r1 or being parried to death, I never found any real strategy in any of it.

DkS3 is just like DkS1 in that regard.

It peaks when you get to Anor Londo for the first time, and the first boss there is the most memorable boss in te game.

Not sure if this was intentional.

Chalice amygdala

4 weeks left faggot, i am hype but stop forcing it nigger

>I missed the various 200+ reply threads so that means they never happened

I didn't think Chalice Amygdala was too bad, that being said most people didn't play Chalice Dungeons until they were basically done with the game their first time and in doing so they were way over leveled and it turned every chalice boss into cake.

Bloodborne has a MASSIVE leveling problem, even the DLC becomes a complete fucking joke if you do content in the order it's supposed to be done. Chalice Dungeons give way too many Echoes- between the echoes gained there and in the world you can end up way too fucking strong for any boss save the Orphan.

I did chalice on my second play but it was still hard because of the curse. Rest was fairly easy though, I thought Germahn was the hardest boss ever on my first play through and he took me the longest time but on my second play I realized how goddamn easy it was to parry him. Vicar Amelia and Gasciogine were pretty hard too, but they don't compare to pontif.

okay soulsbros since OP doesnt believe us
who /hype/ here?

I cant wait to get ganked in the dlc areas.

That fat blob was surely not the most impressive boss in 3

I meant Pontiff Sulyvahn.

He's the "time to git gud or fuck off" moment of Dark Souls 3.

How many bosses will there be in the DLC?

Series fatigue. We are tired of the fantasy souls games. Cyberpunk souls announcement when

pontiff is worst boss

DS3 is just shit

The fact that it's linear makes the difficulty scale better, also level design and gameplay feels better than 2
not as good as DS1 though

>level design
May be

>gameplay
No

>Bloodbourne type game but cyberpunk features
>Fighting either hulking or sanic speed AI's using insane main arms, parrying attacks like bloodbourne using shotguns or something bigger
>Level design being a neon city with synthwave OST

I need it

im in the dungeon right now, havnt gotten past the room with 34905724790274509 fucks with branding irons yet. i cant put my finger on what it is but holy shit this game is just.. i dont even know. i guess its the lack of poise and boring design? either way its just soooo.. meh, i judt dont really feel motivated to play it

but the gameplay is basically the same as 2 except without the shitty parts like ADP

the gameplay in 3 is the best in the series, until you actually attack something

DaS3 felt pretty uninspired and it feels like there have been a "Souls" game every year.

It definitely was not intentional in the case of DaS seeing as Miyazaki basically admitted the latter half was unfinished.

i don't think there are even 10 jailers in there, and you never have to fight more than 3 at once

Apparently there are only 2 bosses and one is just Sif. Has Miyazaki really given up on Souls?

From my vague memory, there's two on the top floor, three on the middle floor, and like eight near the exit.

those last few patrol in packs of 3, just pull them

eh ive only gotten all the way there a couple times, im not saying im stuck i just havnt really felt motivated enough to play. i wonder if they intentionally gimped poise and lvl design to make the game more casual friendly

Damn, I'd hoped they might make up for how short the base game was by giving us some long DLC. Obviously not.

i don't see how the current state of poise is casual. if anything the old DaS1 way is more casual because it let people just throw on full havels and facetank anything they had trouble with.

>no ADP

Yeah, but in return we got no poise.
Which makes it worse.

literally every enemy that isnt fuckhuge can be stunlocked to death with full stamina, i know r1 spam isn't something the series is unfamiliar with but they take it to a new level, yo just walk up to an enemy and rapidly press r1 until they die, and thats that. the only stat you need is stamina

>fighting the jailers
>not running past them to open the cell with that frenzy mob

nigger wat ar u done

I don't watch trailers because i don't want to spoil myself, playing souls games blind is the best way to play them.

Your friend might be right

demons is the best without a doubt but i dont see how bb is super casual, its nowhere near as casual as casualsouls 3 at least

I'm hoping the DLC's make the game more open. It would seem that the entrance of the first DLC could be the Cathedral of the Deep, that'd be soon enough to make the game less linear, and there's still a second DLC in production, so I'm hopeful that the final game will be the best of the 3 (I think it is currently except for the shitty linearity and poise).

Things DS3 did bad
>lack of innovation
>lack of sen's fortress area
>armor barely matters
>too many bonfires
>darkmoon covenant
>tracking (in particular miracles)
>too much help for casuls- yeah, I'm looking at you, guy who summoned three phantoms for curse rotten greatwood

Things DS3 did right
>level design
>variety (despite rehashes of earlier games)
>FANSERVICE, cameos and references
>weapon upgrades / infusions
>reallocating points
>MUSIC
>story/sidequests
>parrying, rolling and backstabbing (just fix poise for ultraweapons, fix tracking and fix estus punishing)

when people say demon souls is the best they just mean the like it the most, not necessarily that it's the best game right?

It has the worst gameplay mechanics of the series, second worst aesthetics after Dark Souls 2, music is good but doesn't have as many memorable or outstanding tracks as its sequels and the bosses, in terms of challenge and gameplay, are the worst.

All that said Demons Souls is of course a fantastic game and I can understand why people may be more fond of it than its sequels but I don't understand how you can think it's a better game than Bloodborne or Dark Souls 1 and 3.

yea pretty much, for me at least no levels in the series really drove the level design and atmosphere home like tower of lautria and valley of defilement for example did. i did sorely miss jump and falling attacks and the estus flask though because i played das first. going back and playing das i realized that none of the levels really stood out as particularly good. the design isnt particularly bad dont get me wrong, but i think its really driven by the atmosphere created by that first playthrough , whereas i can go back and really enjoy demons souls levels on later play throughs. still on my first playthrough of 3 and bb so no comment other that 3 being the biggest "meh" ive ever experienced in my life

That "meh" is why they're doing good by making III the final chapter. A game with "being hard" as its main selling point will do worse after people already spent countless hours of gitting gud. No way you're getting that rush of finally beating that boss after dozens of tries any more, you just got too gud

Looks cool. Except Sif boss fight v1.2 "now instead of cool ass sword we have some random dude" edition.

hes a """""""hardcore soulser""""""" so he must be right! Oh wait I forgot I'm not a mindless dumbshit.

im not done the game yet, but thought vyortd of the boreal valley or whatever and the dude with the two swords were pretty fun and satisfying to kill, its mainly the levels though, snowy anor londo is cool but everything leading up to it was really bland to me, aside from those ruins in the swamp, although thats just because the colour scheme reminded me of the outside of sens and it made me all nostalgic

>another giant wolf/dog
>maria with frost instead of blood in literally the exact same kind of arena
>Lawrence lite

I dunno, they seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of ideas at this point.

Because the trailer was fucking shit? Boring, generic snow area that looks like the first area in the game with white textures. Even the same backgrounds.

Random zombie knights, some shitty flies that look like Basilisks. Another rehashed wolf.

Can't believe people are still enjoying those shit polished games anyway.

Fucking NeoGAF.

>Soulser
I want to strangle you.

Hyper armour > poise.

Literally git gud scrublord.

Your autistic friend and Cred Forums are both retarded.

All those games are overrated garbage for

I'm gonna play it but it looks like more DaS 1 rehashing .

>Painted World
>totally not Sif you guys
>the Crow is apparently All Fathet Lloyd a character who no one cares about.

Been making some new characters though so that's been fun.

logarius, defiled chalice bosses, and kos cuz fuck your rules

>A new trailer came out and there literally no hype/disappointment thread

There is nothing to be hype about. They didn't even try imo, and I loved DS3 but I dunno if I'll even bother

>viking zombies
>wolves
>human npc fights
>enemies basically copied from bloodborne

I felt like they were going to do something really grand with the DLC but now it's obvious this is "b team" and they're mainly working on the next major game

the trailer just hit with a resounding fart. There is nothing interesting about it. It looks like doing the same shit for like the 7th time.

>not beating pontiff first try

>I found it incredibly easy compared to Demon Souls
Literally how? Even the easier main story BB bosses are harder than anything in DeS. Practically all of DeS bosses rely on a gimmick, which when you figure it out, die in like 5 hits.

And even Zelda games have harder boss gimmicks to figure out than DeS's did.

The only remotely challenging bosses in DeS were False King, Flamelurker and Maneaters, which still weren't as hard as anything BB IMO.

But then again people find different shit hard so I can't state anything as fact.

I am. I'm saving up my second playthrough until it drops.

What are they adding more of? Miracles, spells or pyromancy? My second playthrough is always magic-focused.

>Was game so bland that everyone quit
1k hours on ds1
1k hours on ds 2
120 forced hours on ds3
Yes, the game was shit. Will get complete pack discounted for the until then dead multiplayer.

Exactly, people are inventing covenants to try to keep the game alive. From fucked up so bad with PvP.

>1k hours on any souls game

souls games are by far

Is the Scythe women the fucking emerald watcher from 2? holy shit

Ive seen that vid where that guy was perma banning people with his wizardy
Ive seen that vid where people are basicly rolling 90% of the time attacking inbetween rolls
Ive seen the 4 vs 1 gangbangs
Ive played
Im absolutely fucking disgusted by anything multiplayer and want the definitive complete remastered anus edition until then this game doesnt even exists

>souls games are by far

because 99% of people said so. you're in a tiny tiny minority. I stop after one run. Why would I replay a single player game I already played?

>cant into implicit thoughts
feel free to rip in pieces
(you)

Destruto Disc miracle is confirmed and a new Ice spell.

>i don't know what implicit means

Oh shit STR/FTH it is.

Please show me your evidence where you researched the findings of these 99% of people.

Plebeian- Dark souls
Contrarian- Demon souls
Patrician- Bloodborne

>Was game so bland that everyone quit?
Pretty much, yeah.
Among other issues such as Fromsoft not listening to fan feedback, refusing to fix or even acknowledge glaring, clearly unintended issues that have been in the game since launch, ruining a lot of faith in them from fhe community. (see: durability, broken darkmoon matchmaking, covenant items in general, weapon imbalances, etc.)

thanks for existing living talking braindamage, be the fuckdoll of anyone on this planet with half a brain

incoming nioh webms in 3....2...

I haven't played the game. Is the poise meme really a bad thing? It really affects the PvP?

the people complaining about all that shit, are, once again, 1% of the fanbase. you drastically overestimate your importance, they're not going to fix the game for you

the REAL issue with the game is that it's a retread and they purposefully tried not to innovate whatsoever

I think JonTron said this game was a masterpiece.

I don't care anymore. I have just lost interest there should never have been a 3rd never mind a bloody 2nd game. I hate sequels.

>Des
>best
>2 moveset bosses the game
>slowest game of all

Anyone who think Des isn't the worst are a delusional fags

He is right but I prefer the dark souls 1 over demon souls. Demon souls needs a remaster for ps4 so we can Lord it over PC cucks.

It's non existent.

PVP right now is basically who spams more attacks and get Bleed on the opponent .

I didn't watch because im buying it anyways. No reason to spoil any content

>DeS
>Slower than DaS 1 or 2

Nice shitpost PCuck

i think both of em are the best of the souls series, followed by DaS1 and DaS3, Darksouls 2 vanilla its shit, thou the dlc its pretty good

Because Cred Forums is the last place I ever want to discuss Souls.

>trailer tells me it contains spoilers

Why would I watch it?

I like Dark Souls 3 very much but all this DLC footage only showed me three things:

- Winter World rehash
- Sif Boss fight rehash again
- Maria Boss fight rehash

From are done creative wise, there is nothing more to see from them, I'm glad they decided to stop with Souls games.

3 was not a Souls game. After DS2 and Bloodborne, I think my hopes were set too high. DS3 was visually pretty nice but it just fell flat in every other area. It seems the very creators of Demon's Souls forgot what made the genre they invented good to begin with. The souls games being good at all may well have just been an accident.

>I found it incredibly easy compared to Demon Souls

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>slowest bosses out of all souls
>most limited attacks out of all souls
>a lot of bosses have the same weaknesses
>can literally one shot bosses with firestorm or use 2nd chance

>Des harder than BB

Look at him and laugh for thinking Des isn't the easiest pile of garbage in the franchise

Dark Souls, though incredible, is a tired concept by now.

I'd much rather see what else From Software can bring to the table than more Dark Souls "another one"

hopefully there won't be a Dark Souls 4

All the enemies in that video are just reskins.

Anyways for your question, Dark Souls 3 is kinda boring and the only thing keeping it afloat is multiplayer. The actual campaign is pretty lame except for a few bosses. I think Dark Souls 1 is picking up again though.

Yeah BB was good but it confused Miyazaki. He thought everyone wanted to go sanic speed. When in actuality the slow gameplay of say a knight in the original dark souls was beautiful. Also there is no poise in 3 and poise was the best feature. I felt like a god with full tarkus, abyss great shield and great axe.

>what is tower knight and every other boss there in his area
>what is all bosses in storm castle area
>what is all bosses in valley of defilement

>hopefully there won't be a Dark Souls 4

I pray every night to ask God for them not to make another one.

Gameplay in des is way faster than dark souls if you don't know this then you need your eyes checked.

out of all 3 the only one I have ever had the slightest desire to replay is 1

Me too. You are alright friend.

I'd be just as displeased with Bloodborne 2 desu

They're pretty much proven its not possible to make the same setting interesting twice, 90% of what I loved about DaS was the world and even by 2 it felt like nothing new was being introduced, let alone 3 and its fucking 90 degree snap angle catacombs

>Why is no one hyped for a soulless cobbled together cash-in?

>New DLC comes out late october
>Need to play it ASAP because the best time to play a souls game is right away to avoid players figuring out how to cheese the game

>Xenoverse 2 comes out late october
>Need to play it ASAP because there won't be a playerbase after 2 months

This is a tough choice.

What level is that guy? He's using heavy armor, seems to do ok damage with str weapons, dex weapons and magic, when I played this shit I could barely equip a bow aside from my armor and main weapon, and there was no way to use both melee and magic without sucking so much dicks at both the game became a sore.

Me too.

Miyacuck has always been a hack fraud

>duo boss fight with sif
Oh man I fucking hate these

>3 was not a Souls game
stopped reading there

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't players get a knockback penalty if they tried to strike a greatshield with a 1 handed swing in DS1?
Why not keep that in? It would make sense to give greatshields at least SOMETHING

Do you really wanna see more turtles? Have you tried breaking through a shield with 70+ stability?

Yeah but isn't that what some of the weapon arts are for?

I just like to see variety, even if that means some fights will be slow as shit. I'm just sick of always playing the meta

Thats the because the DLC does take place in the Painted World of Ariamis

It's a different Painted World with some mysterious links.

You might not have realized it yet, but they put zero effort into DS3

Enough that it's still better than DS2

>From are done creative wise, there is nothing more to see from them

They're saving the good stuff for their next PS4 exclusive again. DaS2 was half assed to fund Bloodborne, DaS3 is half assed to fund the next PS4 title. We won bros

hes actually casuall fuck whit no insight

Dark Souls 3 does have poise you fucking idiot.

Hyper on large weapon animations is not poise.

So is this gonna be the only DLC they release for DaS3?

Except this is 100% false and you just say this because your a fucking drone that would suck Miyacock for breakfast if you could.

3 was much better than 2

You don't need that much vitality to stay under 70% equip load. Especially with things like prisoners chain and havels ring

Posts like this make me think people are only remembering how much of a shitfit everyone had with DS2 being so different when in actuality, you break it down, it did a LOT of shit right that going back to the DS1 expansion pack called DS3, you can see just how much was missing because miyacuck is a prideful faggot that can't accept that someone besides him did things better

How many painted worlds are there?

>DS1 expansion pack called DS3
it's more of a remaster desu senpai.

Thats exactly what it is you fucking mong. You know who defines poise? The people who make the fucking game. Not your faggot ass. Yes the game doesnt have DS1 style poise because its not DS1 you stupif fucking faggot. How about you learn to play the game and stop being such a useless piece of shit.

Tanks are great duck my cunt.

It doesn't you are the idiot here friend.

Kill yourself

>I wonder when he's going to stop shitposting long enough to realize there IS 'DS1 defined poise' in DS3 because it's included on the enemies

It's always a sure indicator that someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about in regard to Souls games as a whole when they list ADP as a negative of DaS2.

Poise is in the game, it's just needlessly complex.

We only know of one thus far. Miyahacki states that this is a "different" painted world. Whether that means its an entirely different painted world, or the same one from DS1 thats somehow "different" remains to be seen.

You're right, it's better because it's not stupidly over powered.

I don't know if it's him being a faggot or if it's pandering to these loud mongoloids

I lean to him being a faggot because he also does retarded shit making bosses vulnerable to critical hits and fuck the multiplayer in every game he's made.

Why are Britcucks so shit?

>Gameplay in des is way faster than dark souls if you don't know this then you need your eyes checked.

Does this even matter when every enemy is slow as fuck?

Das has enemies and bosses that don't attack like slow shits.

You are seriously deluded if you think Des is fast paced when the only one that's genuinely a fast paced game is BB

Why did they spoil both DLC bosses before the DLC even comes out? I wonder if Bamco is forcing them to show off everything. From kept pretty quiet when it came to BB and spoilers started coming only after things were released.

Why do you think im british? I'm puertorican.

>doubting e-celebs

How ignorant of you, user

Oh then nevermind. A 3rd worlder's opinion is irrelevant, but it does make sense why it was so horrible.

i actually bought bloodborne even i dont have ps4

What a fucking fraud.

>being this assblasted that you can't wear Havels and sit there and never stagger from anything ever anymore

Honestly you guys should be embarassed. I can see all of you wearing you Havels with your greatshields and dying to rats because you cant be a turtling piece of shit anymore. Whether you guys like it or not poise is in the game and it works. It just doesnt turn you into a god anymore like you useless shits clearly need. It's just sad. I'd tell you to git gud but if it hasnt happened by now, it wont. Just fuck off all of you. You should be ashamed.

>dark souls 3
>bad
Well off ya then cunt 1v1 you in the kiln bitch

No listen for one second. If you compare des and das gameplay, des is faster. Jesus Christ you are thick as fuck.

Nice try I guess? I live in the U.S., speak better english then you, and exclusively fuck white women. My opinion matters more than yours by default. Retarded and backward ass U.S. laws ensure that my opinion will always be more valuable than yours.

>How dare they tell me apple juice comes from apples!
>I'll show them. I'll just passively aggressively flex my superiority by saying that orange juice comes from apples and that my taste buds are better than everyone elses. There is no WAY they can refute me now!

Make me ya doss cunt. I'm Scottish I want my claymore and my heavy plate. You should be ashamed for playing like a wee pussy English man who can't fight like a man. I would give you the glesga kiss you stupid cunt.

You have to speak English to post here.

Look at this french cunt hahahaha he probably plays with a rapier hahaha

>parrying, rolling and backstabbing
All absolutely terrible. Caestus meta, roll spam with dumb iframes, backstabs can't punish estus chugging.

>weapon upgrades / infusions
Refined or Hollow, that's it. A massive step down from the DaS2 system.

>reallocating points
Limited to five per playthrough for some reason. Again, a step down from DaS2 where ascetics meant you could basically respec infinitely.

>variety (despite rehashes of earlier games)
High Wall, Cathedral and Lothric Castle all share enemies. Cathedral, Irithyll and AL all share enemies.
Crabs are in Crucifixion Woods, Farron Swamp and Smoldering Lake.
Skeletons in Settlement and Catacombs.
Slimes everywhere.
Farron and Demon Ruins share Ghrus.
Profaned Capital and Archives have Gargoyles.
Archives boss run reuses High Wall enemies. Again.
Thralls. Fucking. Everywhere.

Weapons are functionally identical, with only a few unique WA's. One weapon generally outdoes everything else in the class, so there's no point in using a Claymore over a Hollowslayer, for example.

Armour all looks like shit.
Faith is shit.
Magic is shit.
40/40 or Hollow.

No fun.
Straight swords only.
Final destination.

Negative. Rapiers are for pussies. I pretty much exclusively play with ultra weapons and use poise to my advantage. As God intended.

Pog mo thoin

I'll play DS2 with you friend

What does than mean?

>ultra

Tiny dick then? Aye? Aye.

Look it up. It's Scottish Gaelic.

>Didn't even bother looking up te correct orthography

Gaelic is more dead than Latin. Why even bother?

My brown dick is actually quite large. Ive never had any complaints. I just prefer to play video games like a man and get in the face of anything that threatens me and smash it into the ground. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Yeah I prefer French to be honest. I swear in French next time. Thanks for your feedback.

>people who take the PvP in das seriously and play like a thousand hours of it
You're all cancer and need to be purged. The combat in DaS for duels has always been shallow and shit. I wish From would stop trying to appease you fucks completely and just focus on making a better core game.
DaS3>DaS2
And any reasons you might have to disagree that have to do with the PvP are irrelevant. Go kill yourselves.

My dick is pretty good. At least I'm not a nigger. Enjoy your discrimination.

the game is still slow as fuck adding on top of slow enemies which das doesn't shit out for every single one

Dumb animeposter.

Fuck who even cares at this point why the heck am I on this shit hole. Waste of a life.

>brown
>nigger

A little mentally challenged there? At any rate being brown (and not a muslim) is great. Women view you as "exotic" and lust after your dick.Stupid ass American laws make it so my opinion. and vote, matters much more than your average white man. Honestly being an intelligent brown guy in the U.S. is easy mode.

Nigger Muslim you are one in the same. Now go make me my curry.

Let me finish fucking your girl first.

I don't live in America so unless your dick can extend across the Atlantic then that would be pretty hard for you to do. Also did you just assume my gender?

From even say that they don't know where to go anymore with Souls and DS3 shows that perfectly.

Despite that: The only thing that really pisses me off is the shitty PvP in DS3

>Mfw Beat DS3 all solo, no shield
>hard as fuck but I did it
>doing Bloodborne now
>can't fucking seem to get the mechanics down and getting royally wrecked by every enemy

I don't understand

Don't underestimate my dick and I never said anything about your gender you fucking idiot.

s-sorry senpai
forgive me then fuck my slutface

Bloodborne is the hardest souls game so that snot unusual. Youll get the rhythm down soon enough.

Sand Niggers are so uncivilised it's time to put you back in shackles Ahmed. I identify as a British harrier fighter jet.

I would say I am a pretty hardcore player of From Softwares signature franchise. The only game that I find myself drawn back to in Dark Souls 1. There are so many variations and combinations you could use. The gameplay is fun as hell and its easy to miss or screw up one of the NPC quests. Quite frankly, the game has more depth than its two successors.

The Fatboy/Slim fight is still the best boss battle in gaming. Hands down. I beat them at SL1. That....was an accomplishment.

Sweet profaned greatsword though

good argument

When I heard how short it was a lot of my hype was lost.

The reason DS3 isn't discussed is because of Bloodborne. It just feels so unnecessary after Bloodborne to go back and make more DS games. I think everyone, FromSoft included would like to play more cool new shit, like Bloodborne, instead of being chained to the one series.

If left to his own devices Miyazaki would have made several more new IP's by now, but they're contractually obligated to make a trilogy because Capcom saved their asses a few years ago. It's pretty clear thats the only reason DS3 and it's DLC exists, the FromSoft team are in their element when they're passionate about a novel concept, and they seem to just do the bare minimum when they aren't passionate about it

Nioh will save the Dark Souls genre

this. Miyazaki has a hardon for lore/worldbuilding and aesthetics, but it's clear Natoshi Zin is the real strength behind the souls games. he's been supervisor since King's Field, and he was a lead designer for the DaS2 DLC and Scholar in general.

curiously, he is absent almost entirely from 3. And 3 is the worst souls game.

Coincidence? I think not.

Depends on what you like.
Miyazaki is responsible for the general gameplay design. Natoshi Zin as a producer is responsible for the overall design of the games. Be it for the lore, the way balancing is supposed to work and general presentation.

In some ways I actually like DaS II better than III. II at least has a unique atmosphere and feel from the other games, had the best pvp, and introduced dual wielding and power stancing, which are fantastic additions to the gameplay, and almost any weapon is viable. With SoTFS, it has a colossal amount of content and some actually good stuff.

DaS III introduced no good new mechanics, ruined heavy weaponry, made armor and shields worthless, doesn't have anywhere near the complexity of Bloodborne, has the worst PvP, and just feels like a Souls checklist.
>souls ruined castle area
>souls poison bog
>souls high castle area
>souls spoopy dungeon
>souls ice level
there isn't a single unique, captivating area. Dark Souls III only really beats II in level design and vanilla bosses, but even dark souls II is way better in world design. III is so fucking linear it hurts.

>Lawrence
ITS L A U R E N C E

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've always found the Pthuemru Ithyll chalice way harder than defiled. The defiled bosses have the most abusable AI in the game, but ""le shotel HMPH HMPH man" and headless buttfucking beast will absolutely devastate you..

headless blb is ezpz m8

Shut the fuck up u little rat cunt, I will strangle u.

>II has a unique atmosphere
in much the same way that garbage has a unique, pungent odor, I agree with you

>DaS3 ruined heavy weaponry
>DaS3 ruined shields
>DaS3 introduced no good new mechanics
no

Why is there a thread every day shitting on DS3?

It's almost gotten to the point of obsession.

You're literally delusional if you think that heavy weapons aren't the worst they have ever been in das3. 90% of them are strictly inferior to dex weapons.

The problem with DaS III is that it isn't as fast and complex as Bloodborne, but all the weighty, tanky defensiveness that made DaS feel good is fucking gone too. It's a lukewarm middle ground.

DaS2 fans trying to start franchise wars

if you seriously think that heavy weps are bad in DaS3 you need to git fucking good and learn2hyperarmor you shitter

the only unambiguously bad weapon type in DaS3 is the greathammer class, but if you think that greathammers are synonymous with all heavy weapons you're retarded

Beat every boss solo with a heavy weapon. Literally git gud you fucking shitter.

>mfw first runthrough with Vordt's Greathammer

mai weaponfu

I was thinking that. DS3 is pretty good. Don't know why people hate it so much. But I don't know if I would want this instead though.

have they released a price yet? I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet.

I don't want an hugbox but it's also gotten to the point where a group of faggots every day make the same shit and make the same asinine complaints. And for whatever reason, most of them seem to be DS2 faggots. I don't know if Cred Forums shitting on DS2 has gotten to them so much that now they're trying to shit on DS3 or what.

yes
>>DaS3 ruined heavy weaponry
it did. they changed hyperarmor so that it only activates halfway through the animation, and in general, they do only marginally more damage than spamming r1 with a fast weapon. the game is balanced around r1spam.

>>DaS3 ruined shields
they did. almost everything behaves like a bloodborne enemy so they spam their attacks lightning fast, making parrying and sometimes even blocking, a poor strategy. and since stamina consumption on fast weapons is low, (and they dont bounce off like in 2, requiring a guardbreak) you can just r1spam till you break someones guard then riposte them.

>>DaS3 introduced no good new mechanics
name one. Weapon Arts are so poorly implemented that there's no reason half of them couldnt just be Unique movesets on their own, like the dragonslayer spear, or Fume ultra GS, which they ruined. half the WA's are so unimaginative that it's a wonder it's a mechanic at all. (and most swords having a shield break WA further kills shields as a viable option)

mana is subjective, since its both good and bad, but having to now balance TWO flasks is just clumsy as fuck.

what other mechanics did it introduce? if anything, it REMOVED them. you can no longer upgrade armors, for instance, and bonfires dropping when you beat a boss, makes for retarded situations like the Dragonslayer Armor Bonfire being literally just the next room over to the archives bonfire

Not him but my first playthrough I did it with a straight sword then I did NG and NG 2 and a NG to prepare for DLC with heavy weapons. Greatswords and Ultra greatswords. And I have to say the game is much harder with it.

Fighting Pontiff with a claymore is just harder than with a straight sword. Honestly greatswords are shit but ultra greatswords/axes are really good still. Greatswords have the same damage output as straight swords with half the speed. At least I can stagger bosses with anything ultra.

15 bucks in Canada I think.

You can get the season pass for 25 .

>learn2hyperarmor
they ruined that too though. unlike DeS or DaS2, where hyperarmor started at the beginning of the animation and ended when the animation ended, it only starts halfway through the animation. and it can STILL be poisebroken like in DaS2, by fast weapons, while the damage is only marginally higher than a fast weapon spammed a few times.

Hardly. Hang out in /dsg/ for a while not now, though: for real and you'll see people shitposting about DaS2 all the time. It's still the easy target of the series because of the graphics and soul memory. Moreso now that Miyazaki seems to have completely discarded the ground it covered in favour of DaS fan service, invalidating it in the eyes of a lot of people.

Jesus christ they the DLC just looks to be a bunch of DS1 and 2 areas just slapped together with enemies obviously taking animations and movesets from Bloodborne.

I was at least hoping for some drop of originality from the DLC but it looks like DS3 really is just a fucking hacknyeyed cluster fruck of every Soulsbourne game haphazardly thrown together in a single entry with little to no regard of originality and whether or not it even fits the setting.

>1428 upboats

Use the Hollowslayer: best windup with diminishing HA activation frames with successive swings.

That's DaS3. Except the areas were also taken from Bloodborne.

Yeah I don't even go on reddit unless I'm looking for sports streams and what not but I was just wondering how the souls reddit looked compared to here. Polar opposites. But there is just plain trolling on DS3 here like it is the worst game ever.

It's weird that From seems to want to disregard DaS 2 when a large part of the lore in 3 revolves around ending the cycle which was Vendricks whole deal in 2 and was reinforced heavily with Aldia in scholar.

I'm still enjoying the games but it's just going a bit stale for me. I really wish they'd take more risks to improve the series instead of rehashing the same thing over and over. I'll still play it, mind you, but the hype is not here anymore.

If only they'd try to improve the AI or something like that, it could really give the game an other dimension.

Why would you pay more for the season pass?

All solo with no shield is the de facto way of playing, man.
Good job, though.

Save 5 bucks I guess. Both DLCs are going to be 15.

what PS3 game is this?

>hardcore Soulser

>what is tower knight and every other boss there in his area

Like the false king?

Tower knight is ezpizi but it's only the 2nd boss in the game and souls wasn't obsessed with "OMFGSOHARDCORE" back then.

I really like the atmosphere and lore of DeS but I think I prefer DaS overall.

They keep on shitting up the pvp and making it anti-fun. I'm sure the dlc will go further down this hole. Still gonna buy it like a good little cucky though.

Save 5 bucks pretty much.

I got it cause I know I'll play both anyway.

>it did. they changed hyperarmor so that it only activates halfway through the animation, and in general, they do only marginally more damage than spamming r1 with a fast weapon. the game is balanced around r1spam.
you sound like the type of person who complains that sorceries in DaS1 were too OP because spamming soul arrows was the most efficient way to clear the game. Just because something isn't the most absolute efficient way to clear the game doesn't make it bad. In DaS2 heavy weapons sucked balls in pve when compared to a buffed and infused rapier.

>DaS3 ruined shields because I can't passively turtle like a faggot anymore without getting BTFO, I actually have to use strategy in blocking
I'm so glad that the game doesn't cater to shitters like you. Uninstall your game.

>Name 1 good mechanic introduced in DaS3
ashen estus is a good system. It's not any different from swapping between spices and grass in DeS, only now you can't stack 99 full MP restores and make yourself have infinite casts.

forcing specialized builds to get huge sorcery/magic damage is good, because quality builds with offhand +5 ascended flames or WoG was dumb

>implementation of a concept discounts the concept itself therefore WAs are a bad idea
wew lad

upgrading pyro flames and catalysts/talismans/chimes with titanite was good

weapon memory does the same job as SM but in a not retarded fashion

I'm pretty fucking mad that it seems Aldia and BoTC won't get a look in at all.
Painted World and Londor don't seem like the kind of place either will show up.
Speaking of Londor (which absolutely has to be the last DLC), I'm not looking forward to more of the dreary Gothic castles that seem to be so prevalent in DaS3, but I can't imagine it being anything more than an overcast New Londo.

>Aldia

source of the most pretentious dialogue in the entire series? Nothing he said makes any real sense, it's just nonsense made to sound "deep" and fanboys eat it up as the saviour of DS2's shitty story

>BoTC
literally who

this isn't /dsg/ m8

Jesus Niohposter, you're fucking dedicated.
Not only are you all over /dsg/, you've got Cred Forums covered, too?

Aldia was suspected to be the scholar influencing the Lothric twins but it's debunked to be the Pontiff I'm pretty sure.

It's a shame . Saying fuck you to the fire and the curse to me would be the ultimate end of the series. And while one of the endings does this it isn't fleshed out well.

I seriously doubt you've played either of these games.

Both? I only saw one DLC?

>I'm pretty fucking mad that it seems Aldia and BoTC won't get a look in at all.
user, who do you think made the Unkindled and the nu-Bell of Awakening?

Look at what an unkindled is:
>undead
>cannot hollow no matter how many times they die
literally a mass-produced version of the Crown's spell

Don't forget the garbage world design.

I love stealthing beside a boss and waiting for them to die

Dark Souls 3 is the worst details and mechanics from previous games put together:

>Guaranteed two hit stunlock on other players, a Dark Souls 2 thing
>Recycling a bunch of Dark Souls 1 stuff, something Dark Souls 2 did
>Useless heavy weapons, Dark Souls 1 thing
>Infinite rolling because stamina is endless, Bloodborne
>Fast moving and fast attacking enemies, Bloodborne
>Estus is now Blood Vials, Bloodborne
>Backstabs and parries making PvE trivial, Dark Souls 1
>Useless armor, Demon's Souls
>No poise, Demon's and Dark Souls 2 (the poise system was so shit it may as well not even be there, don't kid yourself pretending DaS2 had any poise)
>Gameplay is centered around mashing R1 with a quick weapon, ALL of these fucking games

So yeah, they never really tried. Maybe this game really was made to please Bamco, and the REAL games are gonna come out later. DaS3 is just boring and bland, and the DLC seems to be on its way to becoming the very FIRST DLC for these games that ends up being bad.

Even fucking Dark Souls 2 had amazing DLC. That should tell you how little of a fuck Miyazaki cares at this point, and he shouldn't. He's basically the new Kojima in that he's forced to keep doing shitty Dark Souls games over and over, when he wants to work on other things.

>least linear and most diverse souls world
>garbage

Howling
Get back to linear brown souls 3 fanboi

>Get back to linear brown souls 3 fanboi
DaS2 fans really are the biggest shitposters in this whole franchise, aren't they?

Aldia in SotFS was trash and I'm glad that he's being forgotten.

Next one is coming out Early 2017. I bet is on April

>pretentious
Christ, that gets thrown around way too often. What pretense were the writers operating under? That the continued linking of the fire is pointless, and that there might be a better way to go about dealing with things? It's entirely natural that someone added that to a series that operates on a black and white dichotomy: bet you think KoTOR 2 and the Star Wars EU were pretentious because they wanted to do more than Good vs Evil.

BoTC is literally the Bearer of The Curse, you tool: did you even play the game? Emerald Herald says it every time you talk to her.

>least linear
Stopped reading.

of couse DS1 fanbois will think the most deepest and philosophical character in the series is trash. You can't comprehend it

Eh, I wasn't impressed with DS3 overall, I might just wait and see what the next DLC looks like, this one really didn't captivate me.

>DaS3>DaS2
When I replay DaS2 I'm almost immediately given the choice to go all sorts of cool levels and find tons of cool stuff.

When I replay DaS3 I'm forced to go through the exact same path every time with no rewards found in the levels because your starting gear (long sword) is always better.

Dark Souls 2 is better

i enjoyed every game

>dark memes 3 is literally a straight line from start to finish
>le stop'd le reading xdd

how fucking dare you speak ill of BASED MIYAZAKI he is a literal genious

All men trust fully the illusion of life.
But is this so wrong?
A construction, a facade, and yet…
A world full of warmth and resplendence.
Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?

>this
>not pretentious

KEK. Back to r/darksouls2 with you fanboy

>Bloodborne has a MASSIVE leveling problem
Only for retards with literally no self control.

You could always just NOT level up. It's not that fucking hard.

>most deepest
This has to be b8.

So glad I sold it when I could still get $30 for it, dlc seems even more rehashed than DS3 was.

*tips fedora*
truly pretentious good sir, 'tis indeed no match for the epic writings of BASED MIYAZAKI

>cool levels
>DaS2

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark…
…what could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably…
Such is our fate.

woah... such meaningful dialogue... great character...

>DaS2 early game
>cool levels
every single level that isn't FotFG, Gutter, and Lost Bastille is fucking trash. Choosing between the different paths to Drangleic Castle in DaS2 like getting presented with the control, synthesis, or destroy endings in ME3. Yeah, they're "different," but they all suck.

>tons of cool stuff
yeah, like the grand total of 0 hidden secrets and shortcuts present in the levels (with the exception of the 3 listed above). Plus, playing through these levels is a chore because the pve of DaS2 sucks balls.

>never use anything other than the longsword because it's the most efficient
t. someone who only ever picked sorcerer as his starting class in DaS1

everyone in dark souls speaks like this, i don't get it

I was pretty excited to think that Aldia was Lothric's tutor with the SAoul Stream connection, but that fucking statue of Lothric with the Profaned Greatsword really threw a spanner in the works.

The Usurpation ending doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, but it will probably get touched on again with Londor, and there might even be new endings added with the DLC, just like DaS2.

another *tip* for you gentlesir

>immediately assume that I'm a DaS3 fan boy

Fucking kill yourself.

Huh. I never made that connection, it would pretty cool if we get some evidence for it beyond inference, though.

You mean underwhelming level design. Das was a corkscrew, DaS2 is sprawling and DaS3 is a straight line with some branches.

>somebody actually wrote this dialogue

AHAHAHAHAHA

its better than dialogue where people keep laughing every fucking 5 seconds

>usurpation end
the addition of all those dark sigils hollowed you out. literally hollowed you out, you're like undead swiss cheese at this point.

you take the first flame, and physically stuff it in the holes that are your dark sigils. you even see your character do this exact thing. the flame darkens because it's now harbored inside man, and the cycle ends with a permanent age of darkness.

except the thing is, DaS2 had managed to make everything balanced. you could run ANYTHING and it would be viable. DaS3 is back to meta faggotry

>DaS3 ruined shields because I can't passively turtle like a faggot anymore without getting BTFO, I actually have to use strategy in blocking

its like you forget what shields are for. parrying is just a bonus. they are meant for blocking, and they are just not always good for that either. this isnt bloodborne you faggot, Dark Souls was always about slow and methodical combat. that means slowly turning a corner with your shield up. not having to dodge a flurry of a thousand hits from 15 basic hollows who break your guard

>ashen estus is a good system. It's not any different from swapping between spices and grass in DeS
and theres a reason it changed to spell counts. it streamlines it. you want more casts? equip a second copy of the spell.

>implementation of a concept discounts the concept itself therefore WAs are a bad idea
if the concept is such a failure why implement it? most of the WA's for twin weapons could just as easily have been dual weilding movesets like DaS2. and again, the other weapons, instead of having a greatsword with a generic moveset to another greatsword, why not just make that WA it's unique R2? DaS3 got rid of unique R2's and duel wielding in favor of a mechanic that could just as easily still have been those.

>upgrading pyro flames and catalysts/talismans/chimes with titanite was good
it was irrelevant. you could still upgrade them before. changing the material to titanite just means more grinding for titanite
if you dont have the right ashes.

>weapon memory does the same job as SM but in a not retarded fashion

debatable. because it only takes into account your highest leveled weapon, not the ones you have equipped

The only thing I hated about Das2 was soul memory, and I didn't hate that until I put loads of hours into the multiple entertaining pvp modes.

I liked a lot of them
The Hallway was the only really shitty one

But I've been a fan of FromSoft since King's Field (US). Dark Souls 3 was great for the first playthrough (I liked the amount of illusory walls) but it needs to give players more options. The dlc and balance patches could help with that but I'm currently pessimistic. I'm still going to get the dlc because I want DaS3 to be good, so we'll see.

>>you can't be a turtling piece of shit anymore

Lol are you retarded? I have personally 2-handed havel's great shield and dominated every manner of build with it while just sitting there unable to be hit. I didn't even have to be good to do it either, I literally saw the video showing it off and tried it out to see if it was legit and it was the easiest shit ever

Woah..........
So deep.........
I'm glad that Aldia and his garbage boss battle was added to the game...........

It is, you can have around 9 bosses as your first boss, iirc.
>Vanguard
>Rotten
>Old Dragonslayer
>Dragon Rider
>Last Giant
>technically The Pursuer
>Executioner's Chariot
>Skeleton Lords
>Scorpioness Najka

Outside of the Asylum, DaS let you have
>Taurus Demon
>Capra Demon or Gaping Dragon (by exploiting a jump, but still)
>Pinwheel
>Quelaag
>Gargoyles
>Sif
>Moonlight Butterfly

For DaS3, outside of Iudex Gundyr, you can take Vordt or Dancer.

Some actual info on the DLC
>4 new spells
>4 new full armor sets
>15 new weapons
>2 bosses

The second DLC will continue the story of this DLC.

Both are trying to go for a more gothic feel.

Now before people go
>2 bosses kek

Remember that the DS2 DLC's only had 2 bosses each, unless you count the extremely shitty "co-op" bosses which were just NPC characters or reskins. And still Dark Souls 2's DLCs were the best content in the game.

You sound like a queer to be honest

>Was game so bland that everyone quit?

>DaS1, play like a madman for a total of 250 hours, all achievements

>DaS2, 350 fucking hours, all achievements and a fuckton of glorious PvP

>DaS3, force myself to finish, PvP is crap, lore is fanwankery to the first game instead of being its own thing, single path through the entire game

Jesus. Yeah, it was bland. Got 64 hours out of me and those felt mediocre.

It makes perfect sense in the context of the world and the character, and Aldia's voice acting was incredible.
I think Greirat is the only other performance in the series that is delivered as well.

>except the thing is, DaS2 had managed to make everything balanced. you could run ANYTHING and it would be viable. DaS3 is back to meta faggotry
if you're having trouble clearing DaS3 with a heavy weapon you need to get good, sorry. My first blind runthrough of the game was with a great club and it wasn't even that hard outside of Champ and NK.

>getting guardbroken while shielding
do one or more of the following things:

1. pump more END, it has other uses than governing amount of rolls
2. upgrade your shield
3. get a bigger shield

some shields aren't meant for facetanking, they're meant to block the initial strikes and thus give you the opportunity to roll out of the rest of the combo. Others excel at facetanking. Learn how to be smart.

>streamlining inherently equals good design
get out of here, Todd

>changing upgrade mats to titanite is irrelevant
it forces you to choose between upgrading your weapons and upgrading your magic casting gear. if you want both, you pay for it by grinding.

>it only takes into account your highest level weapon, not the one you have equipped
are we going to pretend that on-the-fly inventory changing midfight isn't a thing? this was very perceptive.

>someone who only ever picked sorcerer as his starting class in DaS1
Nah
Magic was great in DeS and DaS but everything else also feels viable. It's possible that they patched it by now, but this is not the same feeling I had with Dark Souls 3. They added in Bloodborne enemies without speeding up magic and heavy weapons to work with those enemies.

Well there were parts of DaS2's level design that made zero sense, like the elevator into a lava fortress thing. I also despise the NPCs and lore of the game.

Only because DaS2 has more pointless bosses like the Old Dragonslayer.

>a permanent age of Darkness
Oh, didn't pick up on that. Sounds like a prett shitty ending, really, but there probably aren't too many more options considering the situation. That's what I liked about DaS2's canon ending: it implied that there was another way without actually elaborating on it, which is exactly the kind of thing lorefags get such a huge kick out of. It makes sense because, if anyone has an idea about properly breaking the cycle, it's going to be Aldia.
It neatly bypasses the problem of having written yourself into a corner with the binary "link the fire or don't" thing that DaS started.

This pretty much.

I did one playthrough solo on DS3, and then did another to introduce my friend who bought the game to the series.

My first character I had about 60-80 hours on, and our rush characters we made together we did two NG+ and I put maybe 40 hours into them.

DSII dlcs cost $10
DSIII dlc cost $15

>I wish DS3 would stop leeching off the success of DS1 and dare to be it's own game.

DaS2 did its own thing, and people bitched like no tomorrow. It had an infinitely more compelling lore than the third game.

DaS3, in comparison, felt like pure fanfiction. Ends up that appealing to the fans is fucking stupid, and that Miyazaki wasn't the lone genius behind DaS1 being great.

Because Souls games were never meant to be PvP based you literal faggot.

Co-op and working together, yes, but PvP was supposed to be this incredibly minor time-waster, not some super-meta bullshit that autists use to measure their dicks.

Miyazaki and FromSoft hate every single one of you PvP shits.

$10 each

why do people always say this? are you just terrible at timing your windups or something? too scared to trade?

I've found that the only thing that really makes heavy weapons builds hard is low END, did you take a look at how many times you could roll with base END and never level it like how you'd be playing BB?

Fucking this.

>DaS2 has compelling lore

>nigger facebook maymays

time to fuck off back 2 reddit

>ganksquads with unlimited stamina again

Thanks!

The point isn't the quality of the bosses, it's the accessibility of the areas from the moment you're dropped into the game outside of the tutorial area.
Last time I played DaS2, I knew I wanted to roll a sorc, so I went down to Black Gulch, got Great magic weapon and left without fighting The Rotten.
Come to think of it, if you have the Cat Ring, you can get the key to the OIK DLC from the start, and the Dragon Talon is also in Black Gulch, so add 2 more bosses to the list.
My friends took their characters to Shulva from the start because one wanted the Puzzling Stone Sword (extremely basic requirements, S Dex Scaling, iirc) and one wanted the DrakeBlood armour.
That's a massive amount of variety available to you from the start of the game, so it's anything but linear.

I would start typing up all the awesome points of the lore in 2, but I already did so for a lot of Cred Forums tards and usually they didn't even bother to try and continue badmouthing it.

DaS2 emphasized heavily on what made DaS1 popular but not why it was so good.
DaS3 was just an entry in the series where they got pretty much tired of the series/gameplay and it's very straightforward. In 1 people would actually discuss about locations and the bits of lore while 2 is retarded and 3 tired of this shit leaving no room for discovery.

Not him but what was so compelling about the lore of 2? I mean, I can see the idea of what they wanted to do but in the end it's just meh

I completely disagree with you with regards to the lore of DaS2. It's by far my least favorite, with DaS3 being my second least fav. I mean, they literally had to rerelease the game with new item descriptions and characters in it to make it serviceable.

That's true, could have solved Iron Keep by just having the elevator go down. Some anons rationalise it by saying that geography in Drangleic is like time in Lordran, which explains how you can get from an overcast forest path in the middle of the day to a stormy midnight castle scene by way of a short tunnel. Not sure if I subscribe to it.
As for the NPC's, there were some standouts, and some pretty lame ones, but that's true of all the games: no one really likes Griggs or Irina.
I personally love the lore of this ruined Welsh-esque kingdom that resorted to some pretty awful methods to deal with the curse while they were fighting a war they started against a bunch of angry giants.

So did I you fucking idiot, that doesn't change the fact that most heavy weapons are strictly gimping yourself.

god forbid you not use the absolute best weapon in the game every time

I cant really be hyped because DS3 didn't even try to stand on its own. It rode DS1's tailcoats the entire time. Maybe if this DLC actually brings something new to the table I can get interested in the game but as of now I just cant get into the game.

Neither of the sequels did. I almost wish that each of these games were their own game. The almost ruin the lore of DaS at times.

what compelling points?

the part where they insert the completely retarded reincarnation of souls gimmick everywhere?

the part where they completely drop the gods vs man conflict that was set up as one of the prime motivators of the villains in DaS1?

the part where you spend the whole game chasing after literally who giants who look nothing like the giants from the first game, because for some reason they've got the Kiln of the First Flame maybe?

the part where they almost completely dissociate Humanity from The Dark? Where Dark Magic is presented as a type of sorcery infused generically with emotions instead of a manifestation of the caster's inner humanity? Where the Abyss is never seen as an all-consuming, voracious corrupting force that is slowly spreading across the land, it's just some dumb skeleton bitch who comes out of left field at the actual last minute of the game? Where the Abyss/the Dark are never presented as reflections of humanity outside of minor allusions in the dlc (lol)? Where the Abyss is relegated off to some side quest that doesn't matter at all? Where human effigies replace humanity as the means of reversing hollowing?

Was it the part where Chaos was completely ignored outside of a sidequest in the DLC that has no bearing on the overworld in general or the game's overall plot/setting?

Was it the part where they introduced tons of weird concepts like "primal bonfires," only to drop them all without ever mentioning them again or explaining them?

Was it the part where they vomited the concept of Milfanitos/Fenitos over the player and expected you to take it seriously?

>That's a massive amount of variety

There isn't as much variety as you'd make it sound.

Also DeS and DaS1 are more open.

DaS2 relies so much on teleportation and they just made a bunch of interesting location without putting the effort into putting them properly.
They just could've used more things like the ship, where the point of entry to a location would be some means of transportation, like a train or something. They used the ship once, so I don't understand why they reused that idea.

What's wrong with Griggs or Irina?

The story ideas are very nice in DaS2 but it's just that it could've used more time.

There's the lady with the scythe, the giant guy with a Lordvessel, and a fight with the big wolf and that NPC in the arena.

*tips*

I think scythe lady and lordvessel crown monster are the same boss, just two phases.

>the giant guy with a Lordvessel
that's not the Lordvessel

you fight scythe girl while bowlguy is still tied to his chair in the background, you can see him kneeling over his bowl in the background of the video during the fight clip.

presumably, after scythe lady goes down, bowlguy goes nuclear and breaks his chains

I'm thinking it's more of a Throne Watchers situation, where you fight them and then it goes into another boss right after.

They aren't.
You can see them both in the frame in the trailer, with the crow guy lying down while you fight the scythe woman.

I think it's likely that you fight the scythe woman first, and then come back to the arena later and fight the crow, sort of like how you come back to the cathedral and fight Lawrence in the old hunters.

>Lawrence

>getting triggered over spelling
back to plebbit

what if DaS2 giants were normal giants that were corrupted by chaos?

Think about it
>have a tree motif, like Chaos
>even go so far as to turn into trees when they die
>flesh described like petrified wood
>race of pyromancer shamans
sounds like chaos demons to me

DARK SOULS 2 IS JUST A FILLER.

Dark Souls 2 giants are golems made from arch trees.

I doubt it. If that's true and they're just remote-controlled golems, then why do they drop their owner's unique souls?

No one cares anymore. The "vague lore" bullshit outstayed its welcome. It's boring and when the fucking writers don't care, WE don't care.

The fact that they don't solidify even ONE thing in this series is just straight up lazy.

why didn't from use superior BB animations for ds3 weapons? copy pasting DES animations AGAIN was a stupid idea.

They're not remote-controlled any more than Vendrick's golems are. Golems in Dark Souls 2 are just non-living stuff with souls put into it, same as the Ancient Dragon corpse with the giant's soul and Vendrick's golems.

Sometimes OP you just realize how tiresome it is to jump on the latest information of a game to give your fresh hot takes like they matter. Sometimes you're just like "Oh, that's happening" and you let it go into the wind.

It's not like anyone is paying us for our fucking opinions which are worth jack shit anyways.

>There isn't as much variety as you'd make it sound.
You have about 12-15 different areas worth of gear, spells, weapons and upgrade materials available from the get-go.
Can't speak for DeS, but even with the Master key, DaS was less open: Izalith, Nito (and by extension ToTG) and Duke's/ Crystal Cave were all locked off, practically if not literally, by a mid-game McGuffin. That said, it's a considerably smaller game, so it's kind of okay.
For DaS3, you can fight the Dancer if you want a few chucks, armour sets or boss souls, but once you beat Lothric/ Untended, you can't progress into the Archives because you need to kill 3 Lords of Cinder. Your first real brach that isn't a sequence break is Cathedral of The Deep, but you need to finish it before you can progress past the next area, anyway. From Irithyll, you can go to AL or The Capital by way of Dungeon, but both are short as fuck and don't lead anywhere.
You're painfully limited in DaS3 compared to the first two games.

but if all the butthole giants that we see in DaS2 were just giants who had their souls forcefully stuffed into golems, then why does the Giant Lord have an assface, even before he was conquered?

You're retarded

They were basically extinct by the time Dark Souls 1 happened, maybe the remaining ones figured they might as well put the souls of their dead friends into everlasting arch tree sculptures.

>people trying to argue that world openness == better by default
did we learn nothing from MGSV?

>the Giants were basically extinct by the time Dark Souls 1 happened
prove it

>only two bosses
Please no, endgame is already boring since its just Princes, Nameless and SoC

Vendrick learned how to make golems from the giants.
In Dark Souls 1, the Iron Golem has a hole in its chest where its soul supposedly goes.
Vendrick's golems have a hole in their chest that absorbs souls to animate them. Dark Souls 2 giants have a hole in their faces, and their "corpses" turn into trees.
We know giant's souls can be put into other things to animate them, like the Ancient Dragon.

Sure, there's no concrete proof, but the theory doesn't make any less sense than "giants just have vaginas for faces now".

But the giants that invaded Drangleic all have those same hole faces.

Its options you retard. The levels are all confined and not open-world. Its options to collect the gear you want, and face the bosses you want early game.

It's been a while since I've played DaS2/SotfS but it's bigger than DaS1, there is not contest.

From my memory there a few branches but you can't get further once you get to a certain point, then it gets straightforward and the DLC areas offer additional branches at that point of the game.

DaS2 has many flaws and it really is a shame. It's my least favorite souls game but I can see what it might have been.

If it's done properly, it's pretty good.
I also never really understood what's wrong with the maps of MGSV, I don't even get the hate, so I can't really see your point.
I don't see how people are arguing that world openness equals better in the first place.
People are discussing how the worlds are different and also adress their flaws.

It's also been done so many times people are tired of it.

>A hardcore Soulser

I don't get your point.
Why would that be a problem? It doesn't have to be a recent thing.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING PATCHES. THIS SORRY ASS DLC WAS THE EXCUSE FOR NO PATCHES> BUT NOW THAT WE KNOW ITS SHORT WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY BALANCE PATCHES

Lordran is the land of the giants.
The only giants that exist in Lordran in Dark Souls 1 are remnants stuck mindlessly operating a fortress of traps, and a single blacksmith in an abandoned cathedral/castle.

>the part where they insert the completely retarded reincarnation of souls gimmick everywhere?
How is it retarded? It was interesting from a lore point of view, if not very well handled thematically (Gwyn's soul probably shouldn't have been in OIK, for example).

>gods vs man
That was never the conflict. Kaathe was just stringing along any Undead that managed to wake him up going off the legend (doesn't matter if it takes millennia and an age of Dark, he's basically immortal) and tricking him into filling the Lordvessel. Anyone could have done it, Chosen Undead just had the willpower to see it through.

>the part where you spend the whole game chasing after literally who giants who look nothing like the giants from the first game, because for some reason they've got the Kiln of the First Flame maybe?
Different species. And the giants in DaS never removed their helmets, so maybe they're not so far removed. Doesn't matter, though: that's a retarded point: there can be more than one race of large fantasy creatures in the world. Hell, the Onislayer greatbow even hints at giants in The East. The DaS2 Kiln was the Throne of Want: same concept, different form.

>the part where they almost completely dissociate Humanity from The Dark?
Nashandra and her "sisters" were fragments f Dark, AKA Manus, who was himself pure humanity.

>Was it the part where Chaos was completely ignored outside of a sidequest in the DLC Chaos was something that, for all intents and purposes, was exclusive to Lordran. Note that there were no Demons in Drangleic, and that there were regional variatons on existing enemies like Basilisks with Small eyes/ giant bodies.

>Where human effigies replace humanity as the means of reversing hollowing?
And? Embers replaced effigies, what's your point?

>Milfanitos/Fenitos
What's wrong with Milfanito's/ Fenitos? It's just another fantasy race with a vague origin and dumb name.

I'll give you the Primal Bonfires, though.

I'm not saying DaS2 is perfect: before DaS3 came out, it was my least favourite. But that's not to say I can't recognise where it got things right, and where DaS3 is weaker in comparison.
DaS2 is a flawed gem. DaS3 is a raw gem (see what I did there?).

>bowlguy
He's a cereal killer

nah here's the secret leaked boss

>DaS2 is a flawed gem

kek it's a piece of shit

>fighting notSif and notMariaPriscilla
>another ice area
I want to be optimistic but I'm worried it will disappoint. Here's hoping its not as linear and bland as I fear.

*unzips*

Off the top of my head, DaS3 solidified Gwyn's Firstborn, and the fact that Creighton was in fact a knight from Mirrah.

DS2 at least tried to establish its own thing with only having small references to DS1. DS3's entire story felt like it was built around DS1 and they took every opportunity to go "hey remember DS1, we know that was everyones favorite game!"

DaS 3 is a flawed gem, DaS 2 is a polished turd.
See what I did there? :^)

It has the best level and world design, the best move sets after BB, and the best atmosphere

It has tons of faults but I love it the most after BB desu. I still think DaS1 is probably the worst but it's still fantastic

To be fair everything in DaS2 kinda sucked dick aside from Nashandra and her sisters (and Nashandra had like 30% of her lines cut).

youtube.com/watch?v=8B_tdzkixgw

Seriously why the shit wasn't this in 2? Its on the soundtrack CD that came with the game.

>It has the best level and world design, the best move sets after BB,
These are both outright lies.

Okay, by what metrics?
Soul Memory wasn't great, but beyond that and some muddy textures, you don't really have anything that doesn't have an equivalent in DaS3.

I don't, actually. There's no subtlety or double meaning. Apply yourself, faggot.

>world design
Isn't it just a series of teleportation pads like Bloodborne, only without the interconnected world?

It's sad but I'm probably gonna skip this dlc too. Like I skipped das1's dlc.

Maybe I'll end up buying the goty edition with all dlcs when it's really cheap and i can trade my old das3 copy.

>There's no subtlety or double meaning
There is though, remember where you get the Drang set in Dark Souls 3.

Good stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4

I guess that is kind of clever, then.
Mine's still better, fuck you.

Used to be the only franchise I gave a shit about anymore, like I was literally the biggest fucking fanboy only 5 months ago. I would hear about people being burned out and wonder how the fuck that happened to them. Now I'm so incredibly bored with the series after DaS3 that even seeing it makes me shudder and depressed. Plus the DLC looked pretty much creatively bankrupt on all levels; I've seen it all before. Might've been interested if it was the Abyss or Londor

I second tried Pontiff and thought v was such a bitch because I saw u fags memeing about him for so long.

I honestly thought Pontiff was so easy for me because of my Bloodborne experience. I first tried almost every boss in das3, not bullshiting. Only bosses that required a few included champion, soul of cinder and nameless king. Meanwhile bosses like defiled watchdog wrecked my shit for ages on first playthrough.

That isn't the point, the point is that 90% of the STR weapons are strictly worse than 90% of the dex weapons, this is objectively horrible balance.

but they're all viable so who the fuck cares

don't tell me you're a pvp faggot

*I mean I skipped das2's dlc. Stupid phone

Maybe if you're retarded

If you tell me that DaS1 is better in any of those regards I'm going to laugh in your face

Yeah I meant world design more in how things looks, the lore and all that jazz. And how each world changes as you go through the levels

It is, in both regards.
The only thing Demon's Souls has on Dark Souls is atmosphere and nostalgia.

pvp is worthless, the point is that all the weapons CAN be used to beat the game, but most are vastly underpowered compared to DEX weapons. In Dark Souls 1, STR was balanced out by doing a shitload of damage and how good heavy armor and greatshields were. DeS had great heavy weapons, and in BB heavy weapons are great because they usually have a secondary mode that's fast, and there's no equip load, on top of having hyper armor and doing stupid good damage. Dark Souls II had good armor and shields, and fantastic heavy weapons that you could even dual wield and powerstance for insane damage.

Face it, they fucked up balancing in Dark Souls III. It's still a fun game, but the balance is an absolute joke. It took them THREE MONTHS to nerf the dark sword and barely buff faith, and straight swords are still king.

I would say DeS' level structure gives it points too. DaS interconnected world is more impressive, but it's really awesome how in DeS you can get basically anything right at the start due to having the choice between each area.

This has been a problem since Demon's Souls. They gave up trying to balance big weapons.

It's always better to use a quick weapon with a buff on it, and I'm not even talking about the huge advantages of that in PvP, just PvE. The reason they can't do anything for heavy weapons anymore is because they'd have to make them faster or more powerful, and then all large weapons will become the best, turning quicker ones into useless garbage.

It IS possible to "fix" them, they just won't do it. From has incompetent programmers and designers and Miyazaki can't oversee absolutely every single thing at all times. I've been a heavy weapon user since Demon's, and for Dark Souls 3 I just had to give in and turn into another generic R1 spammer with a longsword. Because it works.

It wasn't greatshields and armor that made strength weapons great in Dark Souls 1, it was poise. And even then, they weren't as great as a fast dex weapon with a buff or just dark magic, but they at least weren't as glaringly flawed as they've become since then.

Dark Souls 3 has pretty fun twinking. Just get a Raw DSA+2, pop Lightning Resins and go to town.

Poise comes from armor.

Wrong.
Bbs bosses had no new mechanics that could kill you
If uve played 1 more souls game its super easy.

Dark Souls 3's FUGS turns the entirety of PvE into easy mode, though. Actually, weapon skills benefitted heavy weapons most of all.

Its simple: reduce their stamina consumption

That's literally all they have to do. Right now they are slow, have at most 200 more AR, weigh more than entire armor sets, have very limited movesets (looking at you Greataxe class) AND are cost too much stamina.

At 40 END+RoFaP+2, they average 4 swings per bar, but that 4th swing puts you into negative stamina. Meanwhile the 440 AR longsword can be swung 10-12 times, and at double the speed.

If they reduced the stamina consumption so that 40 END allowed 6 full swings, they would be far more bearable.

The defiled chalice hotdog was bullshit

>Nostalgia
>For a game I didn't even play first

Nigga I played DaS1 first, then DaS2, then DeS, then BB, then DaS3 and I still think DaS1 is probably the worst and I've even gone back to play it multiple times

But hey if you want to have shit taste feel free

I love how the hype for this game just turned into one simple, general opinion of it:

>Man, fuck this boring game

It's hilarious. Hopefully From is done with this shit.

Lmfao, try doing this with FUGs

Infact try to kill the bosses in even HALF the time with FUGs

youtube.com/watch?v=u7D3f41XOqE&feature=youtu.be

Have you played BB? Despite what it may seem, I think it definitely has the best heavy weapons in the whole series. If you pop beast blood pellets, the kirkhammer can do 3000 damage each heavy attack, the whirligig saw turns pve into a joke, the logarius wheel is incredible for pve and pvp, ludwigs holy blade is incredible, all str weapons are godlike.

BB really has the best balance in the series. Skill is great, Strength is great, and Arcane and Bloodtinge are just OP enough to be worth the extra time and effort for their builds without being ludicrously overpowered.
>pic related, one kirkhammer swing to the hardest boss in the game on NG+

Gold Pine resin means going all the way to The Dungeon with a +2 weapon.
Definitely doable, and if you're a professional twink it's not a big ask, but still.

>Infact try to kill the bosses in even HALF the time with FUGs
Stack up buffs, equip an useless buckler and parry whoever's parriable, in one or two parries whatever you're killing should drop dead, what's your point?

I'd rather they made it so the DLC's break up the linearity and monotony of the world, and they balance the PvP so it isn't the disgusting mess of a meta that we've had since launch.

Its really not bad at all, bosswise you only have to kill up to King Skeleton if it is an issue. Or just get someone to help you move gear from one character to another.

>BB really has the best balance in the series.
This. Literally any sort of character you could want to build has viable weapons available, and only really goofy gimmick stuff like Bloodtinge/Arcane hybrid builds feel underpowered.

My point is you're a retard to think heavys are the best PvE weapon.
>parry bosses with buffs
Ok go do it, you will still take longer than ccs+bleed for unparriable bosses, but you're too stupid to realize it. You're too stupid to realize how much you are gimping yourself. You are too stupid to realize what DPS is. You are too stupid to realize

this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc&list=PLW03xEr-pTeYgo2tfGM8_70cVAWnr4n-F&index=2

Is impossible with a heavy weapon

that's because every build is the same, the only difference is weapon movesets

You've clearly got no idea what you're talking about. Bloodtinge uses guns with bone ash marrow alongside their weapons and ARC uses spells more than their weapon. Their's also the fact that each BB weapon has over twice as many moves as in the other games.

you yourself called bloodtinge and arcane goofy gimmicks

Yeah, it's just that the generally the way difficulty is implemented that annoys me.
It feels like they emulate the feeling of DaS combat but punish you for playing like in DaS which leads to stupid enemies
Also the amount of weapons is nice but most of them aren't really viable

It's a start, sure, but they're not willing to do even that. I've had countless "how they should fix heavy weapons" arguments and none of the proposed fixes have ever happened.

Yours isn't even anything that would break the class or anything, just make it better, and they're still not going to do it. Hell, you're idea is goddamn fantastic, and I would be happy with just that. But no, they don't care.

Everyone's bored of dark souls. The gameplay is inherently boring, it's the progression and achievement of learning to get good at the game and beat bosses, as well as the atmosphere and characters/locations that kept people interested. It's run its course now, nobody cares about the lore anymore or can be bothered doing pvp.

Yeah every build is the same, Dex plays exactly like Arcane. Strength plays exactly like Bloodtinge.

dex plays exactly like strength and bloodtinge and arcane are goofy underpowered gimmicks

First off, that wasn't him, that was me. And I said a goofy Bloodtinge/Arcane hybrid build, learn to read.

>dex plays exactly like strength
Except, you know,visceral damage

>It feels like they emulate the feeling of DaS combat but punish you for playing like in DaS
That's true, but once you understand the knock-on effects of agility and how to suit your playstyle to it, there's a lot of depth. I don't like getting clipped mid-roll any more than you do, but the system behind it is fairly sound.
I get the weapon viability thing, but I'd argue that you're looking at it the wrong way: it just means that you're never going to be completely gimped unless you choose a blatantly shitty weapon. You might make things harder on yourself, but unless you're going for high-level meta PvP, you can make do with most of the weapons in the game. If you get creative with buffs and infusions, you can do some really dumb shit, too.

Your friend is wearing his nostalgia google.

That's not true. I'm on my third run of DaS this year (including an sl1), just finished every inch of DaS2 with friends during the summer and have about six characters in DaS3.
Thing is, I've only finished DaS3 twice, and it's not because I'm bored of the series, lore or formula.

>ranged parries
>health regen/rallying for a few second
>dodges have ds1/ds3 levels of free iframes

>>>>hardest souls game

This game looks like the Lords Of The Fallen devs tried to make Bloodborne but for some reason they decided to put it in a far less interesting setting.

Will anything ever top the AotA DLC?

>It had 4 (four) new bosses who were all some of the best in the entire series
>It 3 entire areas all with new enemies and secrets to find
>It added all the dark magic spells
>On top of that it added a PVP arena

Even the sunken king doesn't come close

>a hardcore soulser

you're a faggot and so is he

The Old Hunters was better than AotA. Royal Wood wasn't that good of an area.

Well, one of the areas was just a retexture of Dakroot, along with its enemies (it was a pretty extensive overhaul, though, so I guess it counts).
No one ever used the arena, at least not for a long while, which is a shame.
It was pretty great, though. Unfortunately, Miyazaki has apparently said that both DaS3 DLC's will add up to be about the same length as AoTA, which is klnd of fucking shocking, especially considering how long it's been in development and how much there's left to wrap up in terms of story. I mean, it's the last game in the series, after all.

>Unfortunately, Miyazaki has apparently said that both DaS3 DLC's will add up to be about the same length as AoTA, which is klnd of fucking shocking
I refuse to believe this, because each one is the same fucking cost as AotA.

I guess we'll see. I'm hoping it's not true, but the AAA industry doesn't surprise me anymore, and this is Bamco publishing.

>That was never the conflict
Buddy when you've got multiple factions in the lore all rebelling against the gods it's kind of a big conflict.

My complaint with the Giants and the milfanitos is essentially that the game says "no trust me they were TOTALLY there the whole time :^)" which is very sloppy retconning. The beast races don't have any explanation towards their existence -- in DaS1 when you see some humanoid monster you get a very clear explanation on who/what made it. Not doing so is lazy.

With the Abyss, you know that Shandra, etc are humanity monsters because you played DaS1 and thus understand the context of the Abyss, not because DaS2 emphasized the point. Compare how humanity, dark magic, and the Abyss are handled in DaS1 and DaS3 vs DaS2. DaS2 is wildly inconsistent, and it's because it's almost allergic to making these connections.

Plus, Chaos not being a faction in DaS2 is really lame, considering that it was built up to be an all-devouring wildfire that not even Gwyn could stop. Plus, it's heavy, irreversible connections to pyromancers in the lore.

>embers replaced humanity
Embers are literally just burning humanity sprites, look more closely at it

Old Hunters was better

>without bamco, FROM releases one giant dlc (The Old Hunters)
>with bamco, the same content is split between two dlc that both cost as much as TOH

The Old Hunters wasn't $30, was it?

The Old Hunters was meant to be two DLCs as well, they just got them done sooner than expected and wanted to move on.

>"no trust me they were TOTALLY there the whole time :^)"
It's an entirely different Kingdom, and the Giants themselves came from a different continent entirely. You could walk from one end of Lordran to the other in a few days: Drangleic is so far away geographically that only a few notable items from DaS showed up, often under different names. The point is, I can buy the DaS2 Giants and the Milfanitos because DaS only ever showed a small fraction of what's implied to be a massive fantasy world. That's one of the reasons I like DaS2, actually: by being so detached from everything else, it contextualises the whole world. If you need an explanation for the Milfanito/ Nito connection, just think of Nito like Santa Clause, but for dead things: nigga's busy all over the world, just like how there's speculation that the Forossa war God might be another aspect of Nameless King.

>With the Abyss, you know that Shandra, etc are humanity monsters because you played DaS1
Again, that contextualises things: you're going into a world that doesn't know these connections exist, but you do. They can misinterpret or be inconsistent with the lore because Drangleic isn't Lordran. It's like how there are the same archetypes for gods in different cultures in our world that all share a common root (a bad example would be the Romans repurposing Geek stories and Myths, but you get what I'm saying). The Abyss was smack in the middle of Oolacile, a region in Lordran, so of course there's not going to be a lot about it in Drangleic, god knows how far away to the north. Dark magic/ Hexes are tied to humanity, not just the Abyss, so it's conceivable that some other Dark-obsessed fucker came up with their own spin on it.

I'll give you pyromancy's connection to the Chaos flame being hard to reconcile, but I don't think it needs to be physically present for pyro to exist: the last Demon/ connection to the Chaos Flame dies in DaS3, but you're still able to use pyromancy.

this is long

>see a thread about DaS3 dlc
>it's over 400 posts of DaS2 vs DaS1/DaS3 vs BB shitposting
Holy fuck this fanbase was a fucking mistake. Why does this happen in literally every souls thread nowadays?

Exactly my point. TOH was 20 dollars, but they could have split in two, but they didn't. Now that bamco is involved, it is being split in two. This would be fine if each one was 10 or maybe even 15 bucks and they added to more than TOH, but that doesn't seem like it'll be the case.

To be fair if it had been two DLC packs we would have gotten an actual Astral Clocktower area.

But still I'd say it was overall the right decision to combine them into one.

I've replayed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2 many, many times. The rest are forgettable. Beat them once, never looked back. Someone bought me the DS3 season pass, and I don't even find myself looking forward to the new content. The formula is pointless if the world-building falls flat. You need an incentive to explore, interesting areas and characters worth caring about.

damn man, you named all 3 bosses I couldn't beat without /bbg/'s help.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

>this many replies

One more thing on Pyros: it's possible that practitioners of the art just migrated from Lordran or taught it to someone who did. That kind of thing happens, like how America sold Guns to the Japanese in the 19th(?) century.

>Embers are literally just burning humanity sprites, look more closely at it
And Effigies are just hollow(!) humanity sprites.
There's a bit more going on thematically with Embers, but the fact that they're not just humanity sprites again in DaS3 makes your whole point kind of moot.

nice meme sonyggers

>Dark Souls 2
>interesting world

fucking
kek

People like different things about each game, and they're drastically changed with each iteration. Hardly a mystery.

Of course, some people are just antagonistic shitposters.

>can't say anything good about nearly half the series or you're a sonygger
fuck off retard, first of all Souls was fucking born on playstation, and second of all, console war faggotry is the WORST thing on Cred Forums. I really fucking wish EVERYONE could play Bloodborne, I think it's the best one.

If you like Souls but only have PC, that's fine, it just sucks that you're missing out. Don't talk about games you've never played you fucking homosexual.

>I really fucking wish EVERYONE could play Bloodborne, I think it's the best one.
I really want to play Bloodborne and DeS, but I'm not buying a console just for them.

That's cool and I totally get that, people that can't play them that shut down discussion are subhuman though. If you ever get the chance to jump on a really cheap PS3 or 4 I'd recommend it though, especially Bloodborne. DeS is really good too, but my ranking is
BB>DaS>DeS>DaSIII=SoTFS>>>>DaS II

Dark Souls 2 had a diverse world like Demon's Souls, sure. Did it make any fucking sense? No. DeS had the idea at least to split it up into 5 worlds instead of just mashing tons of random areas together in an "open world" in an attempt to mimic DaS.

Literally your whole paragraph about why DaS2s treatment of the Abyss makes sense is using information that DaS2 doesn't tell you -- it more or less avoids that WHOLE theme entirely, and relies on your outside knowledge from DaS1 to supply even the most basic context. For a game in the DARK SOULS series to basically ignore the central themes and conflicts unique to the Dark Soul, is very fucked up.

And I'm not saying that Chaos needs to be present for pyro to work, I'm saying that it's a major player in pyro lore and that not including it is thematically and tonally off.

Furthermore, all of these explanations that are essentially "Drangleic is so far away from Lordran that the first game no longer matters" begs the question about why DaS2 is even a proper, numbered sequel to DaS1 in the first place. It's more accurately Dark Souls: Backwoods Country Spinoff Experience. A proper sequel continues and builds on the storylines, themes, and factions of the original, which all of DaS2s references and storyline very deliberately avoid doing

Why is sotfs after ds2. If anything it should be at the bottom with all its shit ton of enemies and annoying green tint added

>dark souls 2
>interesting areas
>characters to care about
endless kek

The logic of it didn't bother me in the slightest. It's a video game.

SoTFS looks better, contains all DLC, and made some cool changes, even if it did some mega retarded shit like ruining Iron Keep.

Vanilla DaS II is a worthless turd.

faggot

SoTFS changed nothing of note
level design is still bland, world still makes no sense, combat and hitboxes are still beyond fucked

can we stop the "Scholar fixed everything" meme now?

They might as well have gone for more interconnectivity since they didn't care much about cohesion in the first place. You can pick two of cohesion, diversity, and connectivity the way I see it. DeS had cohesion and diversity but not connectivity. DaS went for more connectivity but less diversity as a result. DaS2 just has diversity without making use of either cohesion or connectivity - lazy as fuck.

>There's a bit more going on thematically with Embers
That "bit more thematically going on" is what makes all the difference in the world, because it's what differentiates progressing the storyline and "lol let's just change things for no reason."

In DaS1 you pop humanities to restore HP and reverse hollowing. In DaS3 you use burning humanities to do basically the same. In DaS3 the humanities are aflame because humanity is being used as fuel to keep the flames lit, on account of all the Undead LoC throwing themselves into the fire.

In DaS2 there is no such link. It is sloppy.

It's not really an excuse, but DaS2 had a pretty troubled development and had to switch directors fairly late in the process.

I dunno. As someone who has played through every game with ultra weapons 2-handed, Dark Souls 3 is the only one where it's even slightly rough. In everything but Bloodborne and DS3, the gameplay is so slow that big weapons tend to have tons of time to rip up bosses. In DS2 especially, the combat is so glacial that shit like the greatsword absolutely dominates pve (while ultra greathammers can pancake damn near every normal enemy to death).

In Bloodborne, the "slow" weapons were just sped up to match the pace of the game. They don't even really feel like they're slowing you down, and it's hard to ignore the prevalence of ludwig's meme blade users in pve.

Dark Souls 3 stepped up the speed of combat, but didn't adjust the weapon timings. Instead you just get hyperarmor that ends up getting you killed more than anything else because bosses are designed to kill you in 3 mistakes. Trade your swing and eat 3 hits before you can escape because hyperarmor overrode the 2-hit-and-escape rule.

I didn't really have much trouble beating DS3 with an ultra weapon, but it was definitely more often a detriment than any other time in the series. I'd also argue that ultra weapons still fared much better than simple large weapons that had barely more damage than significantly faster weapons. I never thought a Souls game would make me look down on a Claymore, that's for sure.

I said in my post "it did some mega retarded shit like ruining Iron Keep". How the hell is that saying scholar fixed everything?

Scholar is the 2nd worst souls game, but it's better than vanilla because it looks better and contains all DLC.

So I haven't played it yet and I was wondering how the tracking was on enemies. Is it like ds2 or ds1?

dark souls 3 feels like a bloodborne mod where they slap your dark souls character in, make medium roll fast roll, and change nothing else to compensate for the quicker, angrier enemies.

Much more like DaS.

What are the grey lines meant to be ? Secrets ?

>fighting Dragonslayer Armour with Smough's Camera Blocker
>does 60% of my health bar in one hit
FUCK
Dancer pushed my shit in, too.

>It doesn't have to be well designed or make sense, it's a videogame xd! Not like we're talking about a series known for level design

Cool thanks

>sotfs looks better
How is adding a green tint, overdoing the brightness and bloom/lens flares in the game better.

frame rate was the hardest boss in BB

>white boi cant dance with dancer

not surprised.
Dancer is really easy, and fun.

>made armor and shields worthless
>implying they weren't just cosplay in all games

Also adding more enemies into the game because lol git gud is not in anyway good

In Dark Souls 1 armor defense/poise and greatshields made the whole game a joke.

Velka

I'm bad at reactionary rolling and her attacks always throw me off. I was also fighting her early.

DS2 had the worst pvp for months with fucking banana blades and forbidden sun spamming. Literally nothing was balanced until the dlc came out and invading was borderline impossible until ng+ at which point the only way to reliably invade was to be part of the blue covenant.
I feel the nostalgia glasses goes both ways for DS2, it was far from a perfect game

this.

I've rolled a thief in every DS game. Fuck havels. Just using a light roll makes the game 10x more engaging

>For a game in the DARK SOULS series to basically ignore the central themes and conflicts unique to the Dark Soul, is very fucked up
I think of DaS2 as Dark Souls: Gaiden. Everything about it is used to inform the Dark Souls universe, not advance the plot (although I was hoping it would have had some kind of impact on DaS3). Just by existing outside of Drangleic, DaS2's new setting, characters, lore and explanation for why things are the way they are expands the scope of the series. Think of Shiva casually mentioning that he's from "the East", and the description on the Onislayer gear. It makes the world that much bigger than just Lordran/ Lothric in the same way that the original Fable did with its library books about shit that would never make it into the series. It shows the entire world in a new light.

>it's a major player in pyro lore and that not including it is thematically and tonally off
Can't argue with that, but I can reconcile it in my own head with travelling pyros. I know I'd have been more annoyed if they just left it out because Pyromancy didn't fit with the story/ lore they had established for the development.

>Furthermore, all of these explanations that are essentially "Drangleic is so far away from Lordran that the first game no longer matters" begs the question about why DaS2 is even a proper, numbered sequel to DaS1 in the first place
I've heard people compare it to King's Field, so I get that, but
>A proper sequel continues and builds on the storylines, themes, and factions of the original, which all of DaS2s references and storyline very deliberately avoid doing
I disagree, it's very much in the same world and has its connections to DaS, so it's justified in being a sequel, but like I said above, it's more an expansion on the world rather than a direct continuation. In a perfect world, DaS3 would have tied DaS and DaS2 together storywise, while introducing new shit of its own, but that's not the case.

Sorry for the essays.

The hitboxes are okay, but Dark Souls 3 is like taking a Dark Souls character into Bloodborne. It's an exercise in sadomasochism. Doable, but why. If you like Ghouls 'n Ghosts...

>having problems with Dancer
just slap her ass, you fuckers

Souls series was pretty niche for even like a year after DaS 1 came out, then DaS II had an epic cinematic trailer at the normie awards show and it suddenly fucking EXPLODED in popularity. A ton of the fanbase played Dark Souls II as their first souls game.

Dark Souls II PvP is only good for duel faggotry, the invasion system is an even bigger joke than in Dark Souls III.

its a shame that outside of hypercancer meta builds invading is borderline impossible for the average player, theres practically zero pvp in the game outside of shitty boring duels

Can we stop the "only DaS2 had bad hitboxes" meme now?
I've played DaS and DaS3 like a fiend lately, and they both have shockwaves and enemies teleporting you into grabs. Some hitboxes are amazing (like that DaS Black Knight gif), but none of the games are perfect with that shit. Seems like it's always the same 4 webms people post to start that argument, anyway.

If you think there's gonna be only 2 bosses in the DLC you are retarded.
Even in the Old Hunters trailer we only got to see Ludwig and Laurence

Dark Souls II is the only game that has obnoxiously bad hitboxes besides grabs, which have been shit in every game.

>bad at reactionary rolling
That's okay, just learn to time it.

And try to observe her attacks, the swinging and swaying motions if you can. Sooner or later, she won't be able to land a hit on you.

You're blind if you missed the 180 tracking and some enemies spinning on their heels DaS2 Salamander style.

HOLY SHIT

Demon Souls = Phantom Blood
Dark Souls 1 = Battle Tendency
Dark Souls 2 = Stardust Crusaders
Bloodborne = Diamond is not Crash
Dark Souls 3 = Golden Wind

DaS2 has by far the worst hitboxes. When you roll, your hitbox stays where you started the roll until the roll is finished. Funnily enough, the worst hitboxes I encountered in DaS3 were the four-legged mimics like DaS2's. Normal mimics were fine.

>more like
It's not perfect, I agree.

There was also fuck tons of infinites such as the bumblebee build and even the fucking using a broken straight sword in each hand. Dueling for cracked orbs was literal hyper cancer cause everyone just fucking chugged their super estus that instantly healed your health or there were havel mages spamming fucking estoc parries or greater resonant soul oneshots.

The only hard BB boss was the Orphan, and even he could be parry spammed.
Parrying in BB is stupidly easy
Regenerating hp on hit encourages R1 spam

Optional areas

Fuck the brotherhood of blood so fucking hard it's the worst thing ever.
>hmm some people like to invade not duel
>I know! lets remove the infinite invasion item and make them DUEL to invade!
>but what should the invasion reward be? after all, to invade you must use a human effigy of which there is an almost finite amount in the game, AND a cracked red eye orb
>I know! NOTHING!
>should the covenant have a cool unique armor set like in Dark Souls?
>fuck no!

Unfortunately the anti-invasion sentiments carried over to DaS3 in a big way.

>Soulser
Kill yourself please

Yeah, a few of DaS2's hitboxes were just broken, but it's not the only culprit in the series. DaS and DaS3 are a bit better about it, but they both have some real bullshit. Funny thing is, no one ever brings it up because the DaS2 hate train is too fucking strong.

>a few

Holy shit throwing spears. Too bad theyll be trash if usable because memezyaki hates fun.

Amazing, isn't it? Dark Souls 2 made you really want to invade but you couldn't. Dark Souls 3 lets you invade all you want but thoroughly drowns your desire to do so.

That's an agility problem, and I get why people hate it, but it's really a great system that just needed a bit more work.
>heavy armour characters tank hits, don't need to roll; invest in VIT instead of ADP
>mages get agility with attunement, they don't need heavy armour so investing i VIT is discouraged (soul memory fucked this, though), no need to invest so much in ADP to get agility
>dex characters spec almost exclusively into ADP, which balances with their heavy counterparts spending on VIT
>medium armour characters split the difference
In principle, it's genius. Just needed a bit more work, because the early game's a pain no matter what you choose.

(You)

So you admit yourself that DS2 had the worst hitboxes by a noticeable margin, and yet you're still confused as to why it's brought up more often than the others.

Yeah, I've read the post a few times now, that's what it says.

No, it's not. No matter how much you up your agility, the hitbox stays in the same place. You just add more iframes so you don't notice it. Even so, you shouldn't have to level up a stat to make your hitbox MATCH YOUR PLAYER MODEL.

>one good hitbox nullifies the myriad shit ones

not really. I invade a lot and, although it was pretty bad in the first month of the game simply due to the amount of players and therefore phantoms, these days I usually invade somebody there's like a 50% chance they have no phantoms, 49% chance they have 1 phantom, and 1% chance they have 3 level adjusted phantom, a friendly purple, and a blue phantom (in which case I bring them on a wild goose chase around the map and off cliffs with the cat ring and then black crystal out)

It's really not as bad as you might imagine it will be by just reading how it works on paper or if you only played during launch week.

Of course it does matter where you invade, though. Certain zones are gank-magnets. Particularly Crucifixion woods, Kiln of the First Flame, and to a lesser extent Anor Londo, but Londo is balanced by the endless stream of backup

>one enemy that is severely broken in other ways has good hitboxes
>THE WHOLE GAMES HITBOXES ARE FINE GUYS
Go up to to the mimic or boss in that area and check out those silky smooth hitboxes

Huh, maybe people finally figured out that you need to finger yourself to have any hope of being invaded solo due to the system. Still, it was horrible for the first couple of months.

Most DS2 hitboxes were good, there were just a couple enemies that had horrendously bad hitboxes that were easily remembered because of how absurdly bad they were.

Pretty much it was just Ogres and Giants that were just beyond shit. The human sized enemies mostly had good hitboxes. They were a bit annoying with the spinning in place thing, though

The hit boxes were fine, I think what happened was your hitbox didnt move till the end of your roll, which with low adaptability made it look like you were getting hit completely off your body. But any other time hitboxes appear to be great.

It's both.

There's good and bad in each. When they're good, they're amazing. When they're bad, people spam webms.
Can't post it directly, have a link
orig12.deviantart.net/2c4e/f/2014/094/4/f/reremake_by_aloo81-d7d2zxq.gif

>the hitboxes were fine on everything but the player character (the most important thing) until you invested a lot of levels into a stat that exists purely to unfuck the hitboxes
good design

>he doesnt realize that rapiers and other fast dexfag weapons were the ones that benefited the most from having a huge amount of poise in DaS1

People that want DaS1 poise in DaS3 never pvp'd before. Then again, 3's pvp is equally awful but for different reasons.

japs arent very smart when it comes to programming.

No? Can you read? I said that it had some shit hitboxes, but they're present in every game. Go back to my first post where I said I've been playing both DaS and DaS3 fairly intensely: over a few playthroughs, there's been some serius bullshit in terms of hitboxes and grab detection. We're going in circles because you're being obtuse.

Even if they have multiple phantoms you can usually outsmart them with enemies and knowledge of geography. I almost never see seed of giants, and in my experience a blue phantom is pretty much just a flask delivery service since they usually die like a bitch before even doing any damage.

I don't even think it's dried fingers, either. I think more people are just running the game solo now. There are barely any signs on the ground any more except in a couple specific areas

>the mimic
You're proving the point in .
That DSP gif has been spammed so much that it's where your brain goes when it thinks of Dark Souls 2 hitboxes. Good job.

It's only DaS2 that does this. You'd have to fucking purposefully make the hitbox go out of sync with the player's movement. It's not an error, it's a miscalculated decision.