Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-Q2djOnNSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thanks

i need to find a station for my suit

does anyone know the nearest?

There isn't any way to fix the weird and wonky mouse aim without manual hex editing is there? It mostly works with the resolution cranked up, the framerate only in the 300s, in game sensitivity maxed, and DPI on my mouse maxed but it's still weird between aiming and walking and not at all fluid like I'd hoped. Is Dead Space 2 a smoother PC port or the same shit?

Can we get the captain to ban this Unitologist rock-worship bullshit already? We're here to mine planets, not have a bunch of prissy fops masturbate to a stone

>the framerate only in the 300s

dead space 1 literally flips out if you go higher than 60, mouse view control goes out the window. add that on top of already enormous deadzone mouse input has in the first place and its a recipe for disaster. your best best to cap fps to 60 and adjust sensitivity in settings.txt as best as you can.

>combining western and asian influences in the lore
>literally just western aesthetic with some gook names

Why bother? Just call it the USG Johnson or someshit.

Alien does the same shit and it's even dumber there, at least the Dead Space armors look kinda eastern.

They go so far as to say that, in the future earth cultures are gonna blend together this much, but everyone is white, and everything look like it does in the west, but then somehow everything is named the fuckin ChingChong co. Gozirra Blaster, and shit like that.

>log into my designated store station to pick up some more rivets for the new construction near engineering
>some faggot used my ID and bought all of the plasma cutter batteries my account allows

fucking faggot engineers I hope they fall into the tram and die

I found the mouse tolerable after disabling vsync.

It mostly works, shitty mouse aiming aside, no weird physics other than webm related with the bodies which shadowplay oddly fixes because it hitches for an instant and this stops the physics sim.

>everyone white

Ellie wasn't.

if you leave in game vsync enabled the game locks itself to 30fps

Hammond certainly wasn't and neither was Corporal Chen

what, the second guy you see, along side a women, is a black guy.

and of course Kendra who is pretty cute, everything else aside

Or the black chick in 3, and Serrano sure as fuck sounds hispanic, unless the guy was a spainiard. But he's dead before the game starts so who knows.

There's a pooinloo in the wii game IIRC.

5/10 face
9/10 tits

Did ya ever get the feeling you only hate Dead Space 3 cause you're supposed to?

She's aight.

The ship was named after the scientist who invented the shock-point drive, the setting's faster-than-light technology

Dead Space 3 is an okay game.

Dead Space 1 Issac > Vandal > Dead Space 2 Issac > Nathan

Extraction was actually pretty good on the PS3

8.5/10 ass

you can fix the mouse with the config file, google it

Also, never played the game with headphones before so it's nice that all the previously mostly indistinct chattering is actually fully understandable whispers and the grafiti is all legible. I'll see you on the crew deck for some z-ballin'

*wrench falls somewhere*

Dead Space 3 was fine, there I fucking said it.

I played through it for the first time a few weeks ago knowing nothing about the game other than remembering people here had problems with it, but I didn't remember any specifics. I enjoyed it quite a lot, I only played single player though. The thing that bothered me is it was clear that co-op was the priority, and you clearly felt this when playing single player when Carver would appear and disappear at a whim, and how even though you wind up together you inevitably separate and somehow magically reach the same destination (such as the end battle).

Overall though it was still a very solid game that felt just how I expected another Dead Space game to feel. Was it as good plot-wise as 2 and 1? No, but it was still alright for the most part.

The one thing that really pissed me off though were those stupid massive Alien necromorphs in the alien city, just stupid ass bullet sponges, poor enemy design honestly, especially that segment where it sends 4 of them at you at the same time.

She's the type of girl that lets you raw dog her because she says on the pill but really isnt.

all I've found is fucking around with hex editing as a solution. I guess that works.

What is Iron Man doing in my game?

cap the fps to 60 with rivatuner and youre fine. still isnt perfect but its perfectly doable. that said DS2 works perfectly.

there was also this gem and a few instances of necro bodies flipping the fuck out but I can handle that. Why do people cuck themselves to only 60fps (the main reason is only having 60hz screens of course) but if you have a faster panel, and especially in older games like this, get dat butter smoothness.

you guys just made me re-install dead space

I get the urge to play Dead Space every time I'm in one of these threads but then I remember that I'm in the middle of a DS2 hardcore run and I've died like 3 times to bullshit about 4 hours after my most recent save

>tfw you will never be the biggest planetcracker of its class.

I mean I don't know about planetcracker but I just took a shit that might be the biggest toiletcracker of its class

shit game for shit people

Did they ever fix that 'locked at 30FPS' and mouse input lag issue on PC?

>youre on the ishimura and this guy slaps your gfs ass.
What do you do?

I don't understand the plot of Dead Space.
Maybe because the lore doesn't really make it clear how far Humanity has expanded, how many colonies they have, what the overall population is, etc.
But one of the main points of the series is that humanity has "run out of resources," which is why they created the planet crackers in the first place.
I don't understand how you could possibly run out of resources. In our own solar system, there are billions of asteroids, comets, etc. Not to mention the moons of other planets that have resources on them. In Dead Space, they have FTL and can travel around the galaxy to other star systems that have been untouched, gather the resources and return. I just don't understand what the problem is here, even if humanity expanded very rapidly, there are more than enough resources in our own solar system to last humanity for hundreds of thousands / millions of years.

Also, while I liked the brethren moons stuff for its Cthulhu vibe, I still felt it was kinda cheesy.

Disable vsync

its not hard to see the writing on the wall

china's economy is catching up with their population, their influence will expand

Dead Space began life as System Shock 3 before becoming an original IP. Not sure how I feel about this, gameplay overall is much more resident evil 4 than Shock but I can still feel some of the flavor in there with the design (also heavily influenced by Alien of course like SS2 is itself) and the logs and store and upgrade system and how you're constantly sent around a ship under orders of an NPC who dishes out objectives and unlocks stuff for you on their side.

and cap the fps to 60 or force vsync through AMD Catalyst/Nvidia control panel.

If you disable Vysnc it causes a bunch of mouse input lag issues.

What I had to do the first time I played the game is used a third party program to lock the FPS at 60.

I never saw it as humanity being out of resources as there is extreme income inequality, it's basically a cyberpunk future.

But I never paid too much attention to the lore beyond the fact that earth gov wanted to use the markers for limitless zero point energy

Can't wait for October. Gonna go through RE4, Silent Hill 1-3, and Dead Space 1 and 2 again.

Although I'm not thrilled about the prospect of enduring the asteroid section in DS1 again.

>Dead Space began life as System Shock 3
You sure you're not confusing it with Bioshock?

>Get excited about this thread
>Want more Dead Space
>Remember that EA won't allow more and they killed off everyone in 3's DLC

>mfw playing that section with a controller
>HUB CRITICAL
>HUB CRITICAL
>HUB CRITICAL
when i got the game later on pc not one asteroid managed to hit the hull

EA had unrealistic expectations, they wanted dead space to be the next resident evil and literally set 6 million as a sales goal. I think they wound up doing an insanely respective 3 mill in sales?

Or was it a 3 mill target and they only hit 1.5... point is rhe series sold well but not enough for EA

>that section on Impossible on 360

Playing the original with a mouse is almost cheating

>Ellie is certain to be alive bro
>mfw Dead Space 4 stars Ellie

nope, EA was one of the holders of the SS license kerfuffle before Night Dive managed to get ahold of it all. Bioshock was a spiritual successor from the beginning, never a direct System Shock game

I looked it up. Target was 5 million in sales.

As of August 2016, 3 years later, dead space 3 has sold... .99 million

It was a huge flop

you can do it!

Kind of funny how dead space mirrors the alien franchise

As a result I predict the next game will come years too late and will be pretentious, confusing, and only be tangential to the source material

Making good games is a hassle. Why try making a good game that might sell well when you can just market any shit game and sell billions aslong as it has Battlefield/Star Wars/any sports shit on the cover.

One thing I never got about dead space is the markers drawing people in with the promise of an unlimited energy resource.

Do they not have solar panels in this setting?

I'm not sure if they ever say just how many people are living on earth or elsewhere, and it takes places in the 2500s so by then I'm guessing we've exhausted the resources closest to use and have to make deep space trips, or that planet cracking was the most efficient way to gather resources. Also Aegis VII supposedly had a lot of rare minerals, maybe another reason to make the trip.

Definitely cheesy, but it wasn't horrible and seems plausible in the universe. I really like the idea of convergence. Also if they ever did release another game, they could always have the first scene write off the invasion of earth as a hallucination and have you preparing for the inevitable attack, or convincing people it will happen.

but eventually we'll get a top tier followup that gets the feeling of the original down perfectly?

Something that hasn't happened in either franchise.

DS1 is such a boring game. And second has too much action but it's still my fav. The third is a wreck. And all three games are not scary at all if you don't count jumpscares.

At the end of Dead Space 3's DLC its implied that everyone on earth is dead

But Im sure EA would pull something out of their ass if they actually want to

>EA make a new IP
>it's awesome
>sequel comes out
>more action based but still fun
>another sequel
>its utter shit
EA in a nutshell.

Dead Space came from that wierd brief blip where EA suddenly went WE'RE TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF GUYS. WE'RE HIP, WE'RE WITH IT

Dead space was the only IP out of that phase to go anywhere and that lasted all of.. what, two years before EA went back to being terrible?

kinda reminds me of the end of Hitchhikers where Adams just says fuck it, rock falls, everyone dies.

Ellie wasnt on earth yet wasnt she? she wasnt on isaacs ship either

I remember that time, they were also Valve's console publisher and got the Orange Box and Left 4 Dead distributed. Mirror's edge came from that period too

Mass effect 1, Dead Space and mirrors edge all came from that short period.

Alien Isolation nigger

>EA make a new IP
>it's mediocre
>sequel comes out
>more action based and actually good
>another sequel
>its utter shit even more than the first one

In fact I remember people everywhere, here included, being confused as fuck about EA acting nice.

>le alien isolation was bad meme
It was fucking great and it captured Alien better than anything else made has

Yea, seems like an reaccuring theme when writers run out of time or just dont feel like coming up with an explanation

Has been some years since I played it, but Im pretty sure everyone but Isaac and his dudebro were on earth

Where else would she've been ?

Which franchise? Surely cant be Mass Effect or Dead space because the first games were objectively superior to the sequels.

It blows my mind that people can love Dead Space 2 and hate Dead Space 3.

DS3 is more similar to DS2 than DS2 is to DS1.

dead space 3 is fine.

I was comparing it to the film series, not the games

1. Tense pulpy horror with some action, cult classic
2. Well produced action thriller with some horror elements and over the top sequences
3. Weirdly done half horror half action thing that ends on a downer and kills off the main cast and is universally regarded as the weakest entry

This leaves alien resurrection, a piece of shit, and Prometheus, a pretentious and confusing piece of shit

All downhill from here comrade

Add Dragon Age Origins to that list.

I started playing coop dead space 3 and aside from all the forced, long as fuck animations (in the menu, crafting guns, jesus christ) it's a pretty solid game

Don't forget the cheesy over the top hollywood action sequences

The analogy doesn't work since games are never part of a film franchise's main series.

>Dead Space
80% horror 20% action
>Dead Space
50% horror 50% action
>Dead Space 3
>20% horror 80% action

Is it not understandable that people want horror in their horror genre games ?

Dead Space 1 is a piece of absolutely boring shit with same fucking monster appearance pattern. Wow Isaac go to another part of ship to turn on another button to go to another part of the ship to turn on another button all that while necromorphs appear from vents in almost identical locations. Was it your first """horror""" game?

>Dead Space
>Horror

Dead Space has never been scary

welp, forgot the 2

im tired

Would you mind defining horror for me?

My first horror game was either clock tower or the first alone in the dark game. Cant remember which one.

That might be your subjective opinion, but it falls nevertheless under "survival horror"

not gonna lie this was pretty intense

Cmon guys, are we really having this conversation or am I getting trolled ?

I'm not trolling. Tell me what you think horror is, and I'll tell you how either DS3 had it, or DS2/DS1 didn't because none of the games were scary or ever felt like survival horror.

I'm playing through this for the first time and I'm about 2 hours in

Is there a weapon I should be paying particular attention to? Call me autistic but I don't want to find out that the 4 nodes I spent on the Pulse Rifle went to waste

Has any game done Zero G and vacuum as well as Dead Space? It was a shame that there's basically no space fighting with regular necros in DS2 because the free floating was awesome and done really well, I expected it to be as common as gravity boot segments were in 1 and it was a let down because it was such wasted potential. Been years since I played 2 but didn't it also really cut back on vacuum sequences too compared to 1?

In first game? Plasma cutter.

It was sort of a waste. The cutter is the best and only weapon you really need, everything else is flavor and fun and carrying more weapons only makes the ammo you get spread thinner, and the ripper has a bug that makes its ammo really disproportionate.

DS2 weapons have more distinct purposes and better alternate fires, I wanted to do my first run of it cutter only but the javelin gun was too fun.

I never stray from the cutter. But if I feel like having some fun I bring the ripper. The pulse rifle can bring the most dps of all weapons in the game fully upgraded. But its a boring as fuck weapon.

always always keep 1 node in your inventory for doors, you usually get another one inside the rooms to replace it anyway and the shit inside is really worth waiting on an upgrade

Shattered Horizon.

All weapons can work if you max them out. I always go with the cutter and then pick another each run for fun.

Max damage and width line gun is easy mode

>Want to replay DS
>Remember the meteor shooting

And then I just reinstall DS2.

Dead space 2 usually does that. DS1 usually doesnt have nodes in those node doors. But the stuff you find is usually worth more than a node if you sell most of it. Like Semiconductors and stuff. But yeah it's also worth it for the weapon schematics.

m8. Prometheus inspired Dead Space sound pretty tite.

I wanna cut the limbs off the origin of humanity and accidentally create the first marker.

Every weapon is viable even the flamethrower if you're a bad enough dude, though the force gun is invaluable at several points, and if you keep the contact beam in your inventory you can sell the ammo drops you get from it for 1k each.

You turned the camera around after crash landing on the Ishimura, right user?
I remember talking about the game with friends and online and being astounded that they thought you had to beat it to see Isaac.

One of the most boring repetitive games I've ever played.

what does this symbolize?

>the shit show that is DS1 flammenwerfer

glad they made it fun in 2

youtube.com/watch?v=m-Q2djOnNSE

my life

>4 nodes on pulse rifle

I have some bad news user, literally the only useless weapon

Flamethrower is useful for those little skittering spider things. That or force gun to squish tiny bugs, cutter for everything else.

>meteor section

You literally just have to burst/single fire them when they pop up in the distance. You start to fuck up when you try to follow them with the cannon when they get close. I never had a problem with it on impossible.

>all this blur
Why

That's a depth of field effect rather than motion blur. They use it during the in-engine cut scenes where you get commincation with video to highlight the comms interface.

no its not you idiot, its the dof effect from the reshade he is using.

>Dead Space 2
>50% horror 50% action
I fucking wish. More like 75% action.

You say it like it was any percentage of horror in any DS game.

I'd say the first game had a decent amount of horror until you realize almost all of the enemies come from vents.

Or from "dead" bodies

That worked on me like once before I just started putting a pop into every corpse I came across.

user I'm a complete chicken and all ds games were not scary at all except for jump scare. And I thought RE remake was pretty unnerving.

>see dead body
>kinetic

>if it works, its safe
>if it doesn't, aim for the arms

This too

That and basic corner checking/room sweep

You forgot the last part when EA blames it on the dev studio and shuts it down. True, it didn't happen with Visceral, but they got really close to be the next victim.

mass effect and dragon age were both well into development before EA bought bioware

>>Dead Space 2
>50% horror 50% action

LOL.

DS2 is just as much action as 3 is, stop kidding yourself.

Man he was a chubbs.

He leaned up being kept on ice for so long in 2.

Anyone have a gif or webm of him getting his engineering suit on for the first time in 2?

His face is all like "Oh it's on now, motherfuckers."

The only way I can see anyone having a problem with that is if they use a controller

And who the fuck would use a controller for a game with heavy emphasis on aiming?

Pulse Rifle is the best all rounder in the entire game. Its definitely not a waste.

Dont listen to plebs who play on easy who go "muh plasma cutter". They're utter idiots.

Pulse Rifle in 1&2 is godtier.

Reminder if you're a unitologist you're officially a cuck. Altman was a lying scam artist ans you all bought it dumb fucks.