When are we going to get more news?

When are we going to get more news?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-OCoGxtu28
gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-discusses-scale-compilation-changes-more
youtu.be/XxPeVWxT6d8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait after FFXV hype dies down, they cant have two powerhouses running at once.

When they decide to change the genre again to turned based FPS racing MMO.

The 20th anniversary for VII will be next year.
And the 30th anniversary overall for FF.
Something will happen.

Next year

Hopefully soon. XV is taking so long I almost don't care anymore. VII remake will be far better.

I love angry faggots like yourself, suck a dick

Thats gay.

Quite observant of you. Detective Dipshit is on the case!

Im not a detective.

Why were fans clamoring for this shit for 10 whole years? They've already confirmed they're going to change the story and gameplay to pander to people who never liked Final Fantasy to begin with, and probably will still never like Final Fantasy even after this, all the while alienating their own fandom who they've been shamelessly exploiting for the same amount of time.

so far nothing has been changed. it will be the same exact story maybe with the prequel/sequel stuff added and thats it. how is that pandering to people who never liked final fantasy?

>Action RPG
let it die

The fanbase is so stupid that they will buy it regardless and then cry endlessly about it. They deserve what they get.

>maybe
They confirmed it ages ago.
Paraphrasing from memory since I can't post the screen cap, 'We tried to include characters from the compilation where they fit. So might might not see all of them, or the more obscure ones, or you may just see them mentioned, but we want to respect the compilation stories people have come to know.'
Also they'd be using the original game as a jumping off point and 'modernize' the game for contemporary audiences.

that was a nasty zinga, my dear dude

youtube.com/watch?v=C-OCoGxtu28

Do us a favor and kill yourself, fucking disgusting faggot.

They've already confirmed that they're changing the story to make room for compilation bullshit.

gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-discusses-scale-compilation-changes-more

>If there are any areas [from The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII] where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing,” Kitase said. “But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.

Basically they're going to pander to kids who think the original FF7 was boring and overrated but praise fucking Advent Children and Crisis Core as masterpieces. Remember in the original story when Cloud was void of all comical relief and had absolutely nothing to him at all besides acting he like wanted to kill himself, or when Gackt was buddy-buddy with motherfucking Sephiroth and appeared in various memorable scenes while contributing absolutely fuck all to the plot and/or development, or when Zack the retarded puppy met Aerith the exact same way Cloud did, or when Aerith herself acted like a brainless bimbo instead of the mischievous and cunning girl who convinced Cloud to dress up like a woman? Well now you can, and it's all thanks to this remake!

Would've been better if they used the X-2 battle system.

i'm not complaining about the added stuff, so that's great.

also that's not telling me anything about what i asked. you just repeated what you said in your previous reply without giving me a reason as to how it will pander to people who don't like final fantasy.

I want XVI and a new Tactics to be announced next year

you're basically just saying it's pandering to them because of the changed combat. that's not an issue with me.

Who the fuck cares? It doesn't erase the original, it still exists. Go play that again.

how the fuck did you extrapolate any of that from what he said. you are getting way too huffy based on something we barely have any solid information about, the same type of stupid faggot who thinks XIII versus was going to be "so much better" than XV even though all we had to go on was a sub-10 minute slice of gameplay and a single magazine article.

Not just the combat.

Way to completely miss the point.

Because they explicitly said they're going to change it.

I have more than a page full of bookmarked versus articles and xv looks like complete dogshit doesnt take much to be better than that you shiteater shill

Imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if this Remake got canceled. Holy shit

can't wait to see a megacorporation try to breed a dog with a prostitute again

There already was a shitstorm when Square announced it being episodic though.

Also that would be nothing compared to XV turning out shit.

>Cloud is voiced by pic related

What did they mean by this?

XV fans are casuals and fanboys they either wont care enough to start a shitstorm or defend it even if its shit. Even in the threads now you can't say anything bad about it without that one autist or his ilk jumping down your throat calling you a shitposter.

This is just what I was saying in Dragon Quest threads. I told them Dragon Quest was garbage and the game is full of backtracking and fucking boring ass shit. How many times do I have to go to an island and then back to that same island where it's still the same ugly fucking garbage and easy as shit battles? Easier than any other Final Fantasy game I played.

They told me I was shitposting, wahh, only because of my different opinion. I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XV.

>There already was a shitstorm when Square announced it being episodic though.
I haven't been paying too much attention to the early news on 7 RE, but when they say "Episodic" do they mean something like dot Hack, or is that just another way of saying multiple disks like the original?

You really need to work on your feedback, mate. If you can't express you criticism better than that, then get used to being called a shitposter everywhere you post.

They've got the guys who made .hack working on it so you can guess what they're planning.

It basically means they can start cashing in before it's finished and it can be used to seamlessly skip huge chunks of story from the original.

Ive noticed a few xv fans that atleast admit it doesn't look great but are still looking forward to it for some reason but the moment you start discussing its flaws people start crying calling it a shitpost thread and waahhh why cant we have nice threads like they had anything to discuss in the first place seeing as the last few atrs just show the same boring horrible camera shit and areas.

If anything they're going to be padding these games, retard.

>It basically means they can start cashing in before it's finished
A sound business decision...
>it can be used to seamlessly skip huge chunks of story from the original.
...why is this an innately bad thing? I don't really think anyone expects Cloud getting raped as well as every notable female in the game almost being raped by the Don to be in the Remake. From what we've seen, this game is going seem more grimdark and wry like the compilation was.

My feedback needn't be anything more than what I was referring to, which was the actual arguments in those threads. Dragon Quest is silly garbage and panders to people who like boring barebones turn based combat.

hype?

youtu.be/XxPeVWxT6d8

Wonder what they'll decide the starting and stopping points will be. I can't really think of any good places other than all the disc endings.
GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT 6 YEARS FOR THAT INFO.

Shit I can't wait for this game.

I like FF better in its modern stylish form than its old early 90s jRPG form. It feels way more unique, plus series like DQ and BD do a fine job of being spiritual successors to the early FFs

We'll get news at E3.

Nomura said that we won't have any news until after World of FF and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 are finished.

God this game had so many good ideas that tabata just shit all over. What a fucking waste.

You're right about DQ, but FF isn't any better. They've always been mediocre at best games that are just presented very nicely. And don't even get me started on the teen soap opera faggotry.

>teen soap opera faggotry
I don't know what this means. Sounds like some infant insult.

Final Fantasy is better, Dragon Quest is garbage.

>teen soap opera faggotry
I agree that its too much when it completely taints everything else around it. Looking at you, fucking FFX and the latter half of FF8

>Sounds like some infant insult.

That's pretty funny coming from the user who unironically used "fucking boring ass shit" as legitimate criticism.

And FF13 too.

What does FFX and VIII do that correlates with "teen soap opera faggotry" and what does that do in terms of quality for the person playing the game?

Reminder that its not incest if you jerk off your brother while wearing a gauntlet

As in both those games are centered around teen romance and brimming with melodrama just like something out of a teen-oriented soap opera.

>stellanoctis.jpg

I see what you did there nomura.

>And FF13 too.
Not really, it just suffers from some incredibly bad directing choices as well as localization fuckups with characterizations

There was no teen-romance-driven shit like "oh no, I'm not sure if she likes me in that way or not"

>as well as localization fuckups with characterizations

That's literally every other Final Fantasy too. Did you know Squall never actually says "whatever" in the Japanese version?

>That's pretty funny coming from the user who unironically used "fucking boring ass shit" as legitimate criticism.
What is this exactly? Are you just saying that it's funny I made a criticism that was equally as informative as yours, or it's funny that that you are making this statement in a way that seems like you are making a point towards something? I think it's funny that you're a complete moron.

Romance? Oh, so stick with the gameplay and don't mind the story if you don't like that.

Yeah but that actually added to his character so it wasn't a fuckup per say but just a specifically different characterization

Lightning's character was fucking trashed in the western versions and literal plot lines were cut from LR

>Romance? Oh, so stick with the gameplay and don't mind the story if you don't like that.
No FF game has gameplay that good.

Nope, most of them have great gameplay. If you don't like it, sucks for you, don't play them.

I think it's funny you're both a low-functioning autist and a hypocrite.

>Oh, so stick with the gameplay and don't mind the story if you don't like that.

That wouldn't be a problem if not for unskippable cutscenes.

Guess you'll have to see a doctor for those aspergers lmao

>Nope, most of them have great gameplay
You're delusional or haven't played nearly enough games. Most of them have decent enough gameplay but its far from the selling point of the franchise.

After they finish shrinking Tifas tits and ruining everything you ever loved about the original.

>After they finish shrinking Tifas tits
NO

But you are also a hypocrite, as you've tried to use your shitty criticism and mine as a point towards anything. I could call you "low-functioning" as an insult as well, but that furthers the fact that you are very shitty at explaining anything and resort to mostly internet lingo insulting.

That's too bad.

It's in combination with the lore and characters that everybody gets accustomed too. The gameplay in Final Fantasy is also memorized by the widest audience as the staple of turn based RPGs. Which is why so many asspained bots scream over the gameplay changes in recent games. I have played many games. My opinion is higher.

>shrinking tits and making a girl feel less attractive
That's oddly a fetish of mine is there a name for it?

>My opinion is higher.
But you literally just contradicted your previous statement to feel smarter

Oh but when you use criticism like "fucking boring ass shit" it's totally okay. Meanwhile "soap opera faggotry" is somehow beyond your comprehension.

Maybe you're just pretending to be retarded for laughs, I don't know.

The game got better the minute Nomura left.

People were hyped because they thought it would remain faithful to the original little did they know it would be episodic shit with kingdom hearts gameplay

I do not think so. Just expansion for increasing size.

You can't say that without stating it, it makes you look like a fucking idiot.

I wasn't having an actual argument, I was replying to that fellow (or you) about shitposting. And now that the argument began with you, you are taking that as an example towards me not being able to denounce properly. Thus, you sound like a hypocrite because you also used a weak criticism. "Soap opera faggotry" doesn't amount to anything, but opinion, just like the one attack of mine you always refer to because it's your only rope.

After FFXV flops

Oh my fucking god, I'm calling you a hypocrite because you were calling me me out on using "infant insults" despite the fact that you were using them yourself ("fucking boring ass shit") how hard is this for you to comprehend? Are you really that fucking retarded?

>it makes you look like a fucking idiot.
Nah, it might have if I'd said something like
>My opinion is higher

And I told you here What is that exactly? And I replied to you here where you referred to "soap opera faggotry".

Are you this fucking tense that you can't even type properly and end up going around in circles? I'm starting to believe prepubescent mouth breathers constantly spew "retard" for the sake of it.

He put his foot down and stated this, so I stated that. There is nothing wrong here.

user just stop responding to him. He's trying too hard to act snooty.
Also,
Just because your opinion is "higher" doesn't make it any less shit.

>There is nothing wrong here.
Yeah, except for (You).

Oh look, there is the cut-in poster with his fedora image. Fits nicely, good sir.

>Just because your opinion is "higher" doesn't make it any less shit.
Did you mean to say that? I'll just roll with it.

Thank (you).

What do you mean

>FF8 fans

That's a top hat you son of a bich!

>Are you this fucking tense that you can't even type properly and end up going around in circles?

This is exactly what you're doing right now while purposefully avoiding the point every time.

>Are you just saying that it's funny I made a criticism that was equally as informative as yours

Well no fucking shit, Einstein. And you started this argument all the way up here when you called me out for something you yourself were guilty of.

I'm not avoiding any point.

You really don't seem to understand, and you think I don't. The point is, I know I was being a hypocrite. I even stated it right there in that greentext. You started it when you specifically called me a hypocrite, which was after I made that greentext. The entire argument was about you not understanding this and thinking I was arguing towards me not being a hypocrite. i literally had to explain it to you every time, but you kept going like there was something to achieve.

You really are fucking stupid, man.

Yeah you ain't even trying anymore.
Here's one last (you) for the road, honeybuns.
Reported

>Yuri Lowenthal voices Cloud
>Chopped up into several releases
>No overworld
>ACTION RPG system
>leveling is left to slotmachine (see Crisis Core)

Whenever you faggots said years ago, you don't want a FF7 Remake because they'd scew it up, I wouldn't believe it, but who could they have scrwed up on such a massive scope? Holy fucking shit!

And a jolly good day to you, cut-in poster. Here, have an R as well, which you would actually be striving towards, not me.

So then why did you bitch at me in the first place if you knew you were in the wrong the whole time?

>Yuri Lowenthal voices Cloud

What? No that's still Steve Burton.

>ACTION RPG system
>leveling is left to slotmachine (see Crisis Core)

[citation needed]

I wasn't bitching, you got mad at that post saying you are also a hypocrite because you are and then insulted me. Then proceeded with this post and said
>Oh but when you use criticism like "fucking boring ass shit" it's totally okay.
When I said previously to the post I mentioned above "Are you just saying that it's funny I made a criticism that was equally as informative as yours". But I replied to this properly with and then out of nowhere you say thinking I didn't know what you were talking about so I had to spoonfeed you here and then you uselessly replied with this stating that I called you out but thinking that I wasn't aware of it.

It was your failure to properly read and keep up. It was extremely ironic that you kept calling me a retard when you were retarded the entire time.

Must see the tits.

by the way last word

>I wasn't bitching, you got mad at that post saying you are also a hypocrite because you are and then insulted me.

And that's because you insulted me out of the blue here >I think it's funny that you're a complete moron.

Even though I in no way insulted you before that post, but now you're trying to play the victim card like I'm the one who did everything wrong when this whole argument was your fault to begin with.

And you somehow think you finally owning up to your hypocrisy somehow makes it less so, when all you've done so far is prove me right that you had no right to call me out on "infant insults" when you were guilty of it from the very beginning.

And you're still trying to accuse me of "failure to properly read and keep up" when you've been trying to avoid the point I kept trying to get through to you, that if you hadn't said "infant insults" we wouldn't be having this argument in the first place.

But please, keep going, all you're doing is making yourself look even more retarded with each post.

Personaly i think the episodic format can be "good" if they pull it off some how like hitman give you a very big slice of the game for part 1(my personal hope would be midgar up to say gold saucer) and have the mini games there tide you over for the next part.

Is this man made of spaghetti

They said there wouldn't be any more "news" until 2017.

I was kinda hype for this game, but then Yakuza 6 was announced for release in December.

I always wondered if whoever designed Tifa at the time was watching Jennifer Conelley in "Carrer Opurtunities" and thought, yeah fug it that will do.

Every single JRPG would be better as an Action RPG

0/10, not even for the reply.

>traditional JRPG
>you select an option, watch your character do an overly long flashy move and wait for the damage numbers to show up
>action RPG
>you actually get to pull off the flashy move through combos and button inputs
Please explain to me how action RPGs are worse