Sunless Sea

>Home waters, Zailors dawdle at rail, watching for the lights of London

Someone has been shilling because Ive seen this game mentioned a lot recently. Drumming up interest for the upcoming expansion, huh?

It's a good game. I've even started playing Fallen London again recently.

an expansion is coming out?

Yeah, sometime next month. It's called Zubmariner I think.

It's gonna be spooky.

Don't know about everyone else but i tried because of a recomendation in a lovecraftian games thread.
I'm quite pleased.
how do i reduce fear, being in london should do it imo
how do i repair my ship, i'm not seeing that option

What has changed since release?

you can ask the Admiral to fix it or go to the shops and have one of the dudes fix it.

can someone give me a rundown of how to successfully play this game? ive had it for a while and i really enjoy it- the atmosphere is great! but i just dont feel like im playing it correctly. i think dying in it is okay but it seems like no matter how cautious i am, i never really make any progress.
im a huge lovecraft fan and i really want to get into this

Give reports to the admiral for big bux.
That is really the only sure fire way to get a shitload of money and fast. Avoid ALL enemies until you have a much better ship than the one you start with.

trade mirror catch boxes until you can afford something durable

or cheat like everyone else

Obviously remember to keep your lights on in the dark. Exploring further from shores causes you to gain terror faster. Docking at london does redeuce terror I beleive, or it used to. You can also spend the night at your quarters in london to reduce terror. Getting better engines makes you go faster, which means you spend less time in the dark and thus get less terror.

You can also go to the surface to reduce terror, but the sun doesn't really like you anymore. It's much easier to prevent getting terror than to get rid of it. Sunless Sea's biggest problem is how unforgiving and slow paced it is. You can screw yourself pretty badly.

I'm like you.
I'm on my third captain, and i think the key is to explore and memorize the locations.
I found a location where you can apparently gather some items that are really valuable, but i need mirrors.
Next captain i will choose to have lots of mirros.
Also learn to navigate with your lights off.
My first two captains i went with them on all the time and apparently it consumes gas much more faster with them on.

>memorize locations

Doesn't the map change with every new game?

not if you pick the option to keep the map when you die.

I see they're in no rush to make all the placeholder items useful.

I've been told only the smaller islands.

I ended up building a FUCKTON of cash doing supply runs in the EA version by running salt between London and the Sphinx. Issue is that was in EA so Im sure they nerfed the events at port. The best option is to discover a route that gets a consistent amount of money and grind that for a while until you get a good ship

>Fallen London is amazing fun
>it has an energy bar system
Fucking retarded desu, I'd throw them twenty bucks for unlimited turns forever but they're not getting a cent out of me for a subscription that only doubles the amount of turns you can store.

where's the sphinx?

I like everything about the game, except the gameplay.
Way too boring or frustratingly hard.

git gud

I wish the developers of this game would git gud and put an actual learning curve in.

There is one, you're the faggot that decided to brave the open waters with your dinky ass boat. Stay on the coasts until you git gud.

This isn't rocket science.

>stay on the coasts
>run out of money for resources because there's like five places to visit and you've exhausted all opportunity to make money
>LOL GIT GUD

>stay on the coasts
>run out of money
I see the problem now. You're a retard! No amount of getting gud can fix that.

this game hates me.