Where were you when the infinite heaven mod helped make MGS V even better than it already was?

Where were you when the infinite heaven mod helped make MGS V even better than it already was?

>Has several hundred configurable options ranging from Subsistence mode for all missions, replay side-ops, Mother base invasions with multiple attack helicopters, Skull attacks in Free roam, Free-cam, skip heli rides, customization of enemy and mother base gear, foot, heavy vehicle and heli patrols in free roam, and more.

This combined with the hardcore mod, have completely reinvigorated the game for me. It pretty much fixes everything wrong with MGSV save for restoring the phantom plot. If you wanna have a great time in the missions, fuck up mother base, or just wanna stealth it up in free roam, this is now the best game on the market.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/52orl8/is_there_a_mod_for_mgsv_that_allows_you_to_call/d7m8e9k
steamdb.info/app/287700/history/
nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45/?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF
youtu.be/bWcASV2sey0?t=33
unknown321.github.io/mgsv_research/motions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kafjLfvAifI&list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF&index=49
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds cool, sadly I have MGSV for PS4

wasnt aware anyone was modding this game

I remember reading the changlog for this one time. All it does is add a bunch of annoying things in places that don't really matter.

There's also a mod that removes the eyepatch from snake, not a big mod but Kojima actually left the left eye animations intact in the game

tex stop shilling and go to bed

Is there a mod that will add in the cut content?

Yup! I didn't find out either until a few days ago. it's been a pretty great ride, since i really liked MGS V, but felt it was lacking in some key areas. While modding can't fix everything, it has made the game much closer to what i expected.

I disagree. Even if you don't like the additional content, the quality of life improvements are amazing.
>no more helicopter rides
>no opening credits
>You can shut kaz up
>you can properly limit yourself for challenge runs, or make yourself more powerful.

The definitely use an abstracted system to tell a character "look here," and then that system controls both eyes at once. It would've taken extra work to make the left eye not-move

I wish. But even the cut content wouldn't have saved the story. The best thing to do is focus on what was good, which was the gameplay.

They should make a mod that fixes the online mode, because it is a bit COD-ish

I would love that, but I'm pretty sure it's already fucked. No one's gonna be playing it in a year, and custom servers aren't a thing

I played it on the PS4 and the netcode was shit, why the fuck would kojima hire a LA studio to make the online? Americans always ruin things :(

The only mod that fixed that was one called "uninstall.exe" at least I think that's what it was called.

I wish there was something that added afghan rebels to the maps somehow

I've already spent 200 hours without the mod, I don't feel like playing this game again.

ai soldiers cannot fight each other

reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/52orl8/is_there_a_mod_for_mgsv_that_allows_you_to_call/d7m8e9k

Can I still move snake around in free cam?

I want to make some cool vids

kek

That mod is the bodyslide of MGS V, it adds a bunch of sliders that ultimately don't do this anything to actually make the game better and the challenge added is the equivalent of turning off scope tagging when the game's been designed with that feature in mind

Original plan was to actually have more of an emphasis on Mujahideen as a potential opposing force, it wasn't just going to be "Snake vs the Goddamn Reds" like it ended up being (Presumably it was going to expand on the thing MGS4 was trying to do in Acts 1 and 2), but Kojima opted out of it fairly early into development after thinking it'd be a bad idea due to all the shit going on in the Middle East at the moment.

It is absolute kino.

Real convoys are a good addition too.

>70% of the image is 100% black

I think somebody will figure it out eventually. The feature's not in the game by default because the gameplay didn't need it. But there's no way of predicting what kind of access a modder could eventually get.

Do you have something against black things, you filthy Trump supporter?

we're 100% black

Lore-wise he still has his eye so it'd make sense it would move.
Technical wise thats still pretty cool.

me too

You'd think they would remove it to save memory, but it is cool that they left it there

Yes user, that one fucking eye is going to bog down performance so much.

You forget the game came out on the PS360, that it had a draw distance where Snake's feet touched the point where vegetation started popping up, that it ran at 20 FPS, and at the PS Vita's native resolution, 960x540.

The way people mod MGSV doesn't allow to modify the AI and any other stuff since that's part of the way the engine works.
You'd need all the FOX Engine editing tools to do that, and you'd need to write it from scratch.

Sounds like a GPU problem not a ram problem.

lol

I wanna give it a shot, but I'm too lazy to backup everything, download it (along with the manager and Man Who Sold The World), and then spend an hour configuring everything.

will it get me banned from online?

are you unknown321?

i see on xentax some bruhaha about stuff you seem to have done yourself already.
i've glanced a bit at your mgsv dump github stuff when i was browsing your waifu data thing, but im not actually a modder so im probably getting that wrong

maybe you should tell them about your stuff because they don't seem to know lol

No since no feature from it works on FOB stuff.
Not to mention that the bans here work on a report basis, so even if you had them, you wouldn't get banned unless you got detected, or you did something suspicious like infiltrating a FOB in 10 seconds.

Because Snakebite is a piece of shit and won't install this fucking mod no matter what the fuck I do and nobody knows how to manually install it.

I'm so fucking mad.

probably a stupid question but is there a way to do mods on ps4?

I looked at it some time ago, really awesome stuff, but I was too lazy to install it.

If I'm replaying the game it's gonna use Infinite Heaven no doubt.

You're right, that was a stupid question.

I am, thanks. I thought xentax people have their own dumps already (at least tex does).

I loved MGSV. Should i get a toaster just to play it with infinite heaven?

since mgg is dead, I'll post that here instead
New update is coming, probably more hats. Or maybe fixes for definitive experience, whatever.
steamdb.info/app/287700/history/

Does it give you some error?

WHOOOOOOOO
the headless snake-man

How many helis did you activate?
I set it to 5 because with 7 one heli used to spawn exactly where mine did.

looks good, congratz pc

>hey guys, I'm going to shill my mod
>but I'm not going to say anything about it

sure

>shill
>20,000 views

The Canadian strikes again.

It adds too much shit to write it in a post.
Besides, this mod is almost 1 year old.
nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45/?

you need to remove one of the xmls
Shitbite saves information about installed mods in registry and in some xml files as well I think. There is a fix included with some mod, but I don't remember which one. Of course snakebite it won't be fixed or updated, have fun.

Just curious, can you edit levels yet

You mean the map or missions?
The map is impossible without the Fox Engine editor, someone would need to literally infiltrate Konami, steal it and upload it.
And I doubt missions can be edited either.

oh that sucks.

Who will be the one to embark on this greatest of sneaking missions?

I used to stealth chokeout my brother all the time in his room growing up, perhaps I can be a candidate?

Is there a mod that makes it so that enemies will try to help other dying enemies? As far as I'm aware that's not an actual behavior the AI displays, but it would be cool if I'm using a sniper and intentionally hit a guy without killing him to create a situation where the AI will either hide behind cover or rush out to save the other guy.

AI can't be edited since it's part of the engine.

This is pretty amazing stuff. Shame I don't have MGSV for PC.

ocelot was never that bald in his whole life
delete this

Grab some popcorn:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF

youtu.be/bWcASV2sey0?t=33

I NEED A HERO

missions can be edited in some ways, enemy routes are definitely modifiable, but there are problems with route file format. I haven't looked into routes that much, but I think I got the idea how it works. Enemies are very bound to scripts, ie soldier #1 will always try to hide behind that one box ignoring other hideouts and soldier #2 will run to his hideout. Someone should record 2-3 videos about soldiers' movement while being attacked on some small outpost from different sides.
Technically AI can fulton player in FOB missions, probably they can fulton other game objects. I think it is possible, just look for healthy and dying soldiers on the field then send healthy one to dying one, make first one to fulton another like in FOB. It raises some questions - do soldiers have fultons by default, what kind of fultons do they use and where will be that dying soldier? Everything fultoned goes to motherbase, but I don't know where goes player when he is being fultoned on fobs.

I'll look into it later, or maybe someone will make a mod based on theory I just made.

Are you a mod developer, or just like checking out the files?

mod developer
unknown321.github.io/mgsv_research/motions.html

I have some more stuff on github, but MGO motions is the only mod more or less usable by people who don't want to spend half an hour installing it.

Right now I am working on MGO cosmetics.

Any chance at multiplayer?

One thing i'm interested in, could stuff from MG Survive be ported to MGSV?
I mean, they use the same engine and everything.
Could some weapons or something be ported into V?

Stop being such a jew

So, you are trying to port MGO stuff into MGSV?

>MFW The modding community may be able to fully render and create new lands and custom chapters with text dialogue to end the series appropriately

What?

I'd say there is a chance - you can play pvp on fobs, so why can't you do it on the other map, like afgh?
Some mgo stuff has been ported, but it requires you to replace character models and camos (see quiet mod by bobdole or whatever his name). All model mods on nexus are made like this, but I believe that you can replace models using lua code. It will save a lot of space, allow swapping cosmetics in real time and stuff like that. Replacing existing models is wrong and should be used as a last resort.

Man, not including the outfit customization in SP was such a bummer.

forgot to say about potential multiplayer issues. There is no matchmaking - you will be matched using fob system, so testing will be really hard (maybe use security challenges?). There are some checks on konami servers, will we be able to pass through while playing on other maps? How long will be the session? How do we evade fob bans?

I'd wait for definitive edition before even touching multiplayer since it should bring some new stuff (or at least I hope so).

>I'd wait for definitive edition before even touching multiplayer since it should bring some new stuff
Lol no, it's just a repackage of the stuff that's out already.

How do you know how will they handle this? What if they fuse tpp and gzs together? Even that will be really great from techical point of view.

It would, but I seriously doubt it.
Then again, I see no reason why it's coming so late.

>How do you know how will they handle this? What if they fuse tpp and gzs together?

>what if they do all this extra work for no extra profit potential

it's called "Common sense" and "having played video games for more than one generation"

duhhhhh fuse them together

one of the dumbest comments ive read here in weeks desu senpai

Just a perpetual "installing mod" loading bar. No error, no progress, no nothing. I have to restart afterwards because Snakebite won't go away, not even through task manager.
I need something else user. Is this mod you speak of on the Nexus ?

The PS3 version did not run as bad as you're claiming, shut your bitch ass up

As I understood the subsistence missions were scripted and had specific weapon placement.

How does it work if you just change the options without the design?

How long have you tried waiting?
It once took me about 15 minutes to install one for some reason.

Also, have you tried running it in administrator mode or reinstalling?
I know it's very generic advice, but sometimes it helps.

Also, which version of Snakebite are you using?
Make sure it's 0.8.3

Remember - game was rushed and a lot of stuff was cut. After the launch a lot of kjpro people left konami leaving a bit of code monkeys. A year is long enough for 5 people to make something new from leftovers.
Play ground zeroes, finish main mission, wake up at the tpp hospital. Why wouldn't they do this? Engine is still the same.
maybe it was on reddit, not sure. Ask them there, I am pretty sure there was a fix. Don't use it myself.
scripted? Subsistence missions just skip loadout phase and change your equipment to None, that's it. Missions are still the same.

>Play ground zeroes, finish main mission, wake up at the tpp hospital. Why wouldn't they do this? Engine is still the same.
Nah, Ground Zeroes was originally going to happen in Kaz's flashback trailer right after you rescue him.

Latest everything. I've left it running overnight, came back to find the same result. However after restarting I found it on my installed modded list, but it wasn't active in-game even after following the steps to activate the mod menu and everything.

It's seriously fucking maddening: I get the feeling that either I'm one of the very unlucky few that just isn't able to make the mod work on their computer or I'm doing something extremely basic wrong.

There's an option that has the enemy soldiers drop items which helps.
youtube.com/watch?v=kafjLfvAifI&list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF&index=49

Honestly I pirated the game last year, and left underwhelmed and unhappy. Figured I'd never touch it again, but this is amazing.

Thank God for modding.

You updated .NET Framework too?

Where do you have snakebite installed? I think I remember some people saying installing snakebite somewhere else helped (or maybe doing that just reset some shit i don't know).

theres also a bunch of suggestions on the nexus snakebite forum.

Of course.

Then just try reinstalling Snakebite in a different location.
Also, verify your MGSV files in Steam so that all files go back to default.
If that doesn't work, then no idea.
But you could try asking in the Infinite Heaven Nexus page, the guy who makes that mod knows a lot about Snakebite too.

I first tried keeping it in the same folder as MGSV, thought it was it fucking my shit up and moved it to my desktop.

Delete it, and reinstall it somewhere else but the default location, I don't know, like the root of your HDD.
No need to keep it in MGSV's folder though, just reinstall it, and keep it in the folder you installed it in.

>MGO2 on PS3
>Sneaking game modes and tranq/knife and box wars servers were always active
>Team DMs always had groups of trappers and sneakers and that one guy who used KO'd teammates as bait

>MGO3 on PS4
>RUSH THE WALKER LET'S SHOOTS SHIT UP YO

Maybe. It most likely isn't the exact same build of the engine even when they don't hype it publicly with a fancy name. It's ongoing development process and things may break at some point.

Looks like a clusterfuck

I'm currently finishing up Peace Walker before I play TPP. Would you guys recommend to mod it for my first play through? I would assume not to and to get the vanilla experience first. However replay value isn't really my thing in games like this and I've gathered the game isn't THAT good.

I prefer to just do everything on one run through.

The things this mod does is make the open world feel a bit more alive, and it doesn't affect missions anyway.

>Just installed it
>Trying to setup random events
>Accidentally force trigger one
>Hunted
>tfw trying to GTFO of Africa with five helicopters and an entire continent of niggers after me

Almost makes it worthwhile to upgrade and spend 100 thousand fucking GMP every time you call in a heli.

Anyone here try out Shigu's camera mod? I wanna get it just for no camera cuts on CQC but apparently it causes crashes on counter CQC.