Cossacks 3 is finally fixed

Cossacks 3 is finally fixed.

Patch notes:

Critical (fixed):
- Multiplayer is now more stable, playable and clean. We are working on further improvements.
- Cannons and howitzers was unable to attack ships and units through walls. Which lead to problems in completing some missions
- Building gates and opening them no longer lead to crash
- Game now make deep check if you got DEP set to critical setting, that won't allow game to work properly. and it will show you warning message.

Multiplayer(fixed):
- Combo-boxes in game room, no more auto-close when you try to change values.
- Private (password-protected) rooms are now available in multiplayer shell.
- Bug when players could join in already full room.
- Creating squads in multiplayer game, in some cases led to unexpected result.
- Removed all cheats from multiplayer games
- Lot of server optimizations.
- Number of players and max players are now properly shown in sessions list.
- Lesser player random disconnects from server while in game.

Other bugs (fixed)
- After loading saved game, building was not shown on mini map.
- Achievements, not related to Campaign missions, no longer achieved while playing campaign.
- Achievements in Russian language added.
- Pressing ESC while placing walls led to lose ability to control game.
- Fixed situation, when player may put all his peasants in to ferry or mines, and game decide that players is defeated and destroy all units and buildings.

Patch make fixes in next campaign missions:
-Austria campaign, missions: 1, 2, 3.
-French campaign, mission 4
-English campaign, mission 2
-Russian campaign, mission 4

And achievements in Russian language added.

TASKS FOR NEAREST PATCHES:
- Issue, when users with display settings set to 125-150% zoom may have wrong mouse positioning and can't point buttons with mouse cursor.
- Continue of multiplayer fixing and server optimization (may solve problem, when friends was unable to find each others in game room).
- Fix of fish boats

lol have a bump op

Why would they even make this game when Stalker exists. Don't they want money?

Because the team that made stalker is largely disbanded and Cossacks is the better game.

So my units don't all die on game start anymore?

so is the game worth getting now?

It looks cool, but I don't wanna buy a broken ass game.

I'd like to echo this user, what do people think about this game? What's the content like?

They said they would consider going back to STALKER after this one.

That bug is fixed.

The game is still a bit buggy, but the online works now and the game breaking bugs are mostly fixed. And the fact that the devs are actively writing about their progress in the forums and on facebook makes me hopeful that they will patch the game up to a good standard over the next few days.

I'd say buy it on steam and test it, you can just refund it if you don't like it. It's generally an RTS based on building bases and strong enough economies to upkeep giant armies of multiple thousand men. The game is a bit more self-explanatory now then in Cossacks 1 (buildings telling you what you need to build them when hovering over them and stuff like that), but otherwise it is just a straight up remake. So you might just want to buy Cossacks: Back to War as somewhat of a test version since it is only like 4€ or so on Steam.

Hope this sells well enough for the studio to at least make another STALKER.

If you like games like Age of Empires, Settlers, Stronghold this is worth playing. It's classic stuff. For me it's awesome but I haven't played the originals and I don't know how much it could convince modern players.

I love it, its like age of empires on steroids

It looks alright. I've seen some comparisons to AoE. Does the game take place over 300 years like AoE? I like the grand time aspect.

Thats just silly. If they could fix most issues so fast, why in the hell didnt they just wait two weeks to release it? dont they have playtesters?

Cossacks or AoE friends? im in the mood

Cossacks has no real time aspect. You can make an important research in mid-game caled "Advance to the 18th Century", which unlocks new units, researches and an expensive 18th century barrack with very much superior units.

It is more about giant units and supplying them.

I think they mostly play-tested it themselves.

Thank you, anons. The original Cossacks series was one of those I never played beyond old PC Gamer demo discs, yet always wanted to. This does sound like it'd be up my street.

Does it have decent campaigns?

I haven't played the campaigns after the big hotfix patch tonight, but back in Cossacks 1 days (of which Cossacks 3 is a direct remake) campaigns were brutally hard, but generally fun. You will find yourself restarting campaigns over and over though because you just won't beat them on first try.

Just don't expect a great presentation. The game has no cut scenes, just text windows with some crude pictures every now and then.

I like how it has some very light role-playing elements in the campaign missions. If you explore the map you might encounter some NPC or settlement where you get some flavor text and can select different responses, which might lead to other events and choices/rewards later in the mission.

If they had hired a marketing agency to just post this on Cred Forums once a day for a week or two this game would probably be a great succes.

>retarded governor runs from fight
>I stupidly tell them to just throw him in jail
>later mission has him throw open the gates to my fortress

I think for the most part there is a definitive "correct" answer most of the time that you have to guess on your first try, but maybe that is just my experience because I really suck at these campaigns and stick to multiplayer.

yeah you should have hanged the coward

bump

The minimap is not showing seen-but-not-in-LOS terrain, just the terrain that's in direct LOS.

Anybody knows if this is a bug or WAD?

It was always like that. I find it more realistic. Why would you see enemy movement when you have no units around?

In the 18th century (or with nations that don't have an 18th century upgrade, you can do it instantly) you can buy a balloon at the academy that unlocks the entire map, so aim for that.

How the fuck do you forget to make cheats not work in multiplayer?

I don't want to see enemy movement, just the terrain that I've seen but is not in direct LOS anymore (and maybe buildings), exactly like most RTS.

By not playtesting at all. The game was made by slavs on the budget of 10 vodka bottles and adidas tracksuits and inbetween fighting off russian invaders.

Then send out scouts. That's an important mechanic in Cossack's early game.

bump for winged husars

bump for post some pretty battle screenshots please
is it true that units still fucking hoard into one spot in battle even when they're set into formation?
CAUSE GODDAMN

Nah, there are noticable battle lines. It all depends on how you micro manage.

Who King's Musketeers here?

Take too long to build and to fire. I liked them at the start, but I shifted towards just hiring 17th ct dragoons and rushing the 18th century for the gunners there.

17th ct gunners are generally crap sadly.

>post-release fixes
Too bad that the first impressions at release make the later improvements seem nonexistant.

That's why I am shilling it now because I know Cred Forums would like the game and I want to play with you guys.

There are games that were buggy messes during the launch like New Vegas. But it's still loved by many despite all the fixes coming post-release.

Another example is Gothic 3. It is basically unplayable without the community patch, but still a rather popular game in its scene.
Dark Souls on PC aswell.

Make a Cred Forums Cossacks group on Steam then.

If New Vegas was released after the whole Steam review memery it would have been panned with permanent negative reviews aswell.

GOG release when?

GSC can't into playtesting
>stalker games on release

Yes it sucks, I guess they ran out of money and had to release early

>had to release early
They planned to release a year ago originally. There was supposed to be a beta in april. They did not release early

Is making 17c musketeers ever worth it? They take ages to build compared to pikeneers

all the greatest games were buggy pieces of shit at release and the devs had to spend 1 year fixing them or the community had to do it for them

prove me wrong.

They cost more, take longer to build and trade worth against pikemen.

Go pikemen, get cheap 17th dragoons from the diplomacy hall. Get gunmen in the 18th century barrack.

Nah, 90s console games mostly were great on release.

Well its unfinished as fuck and they are patching it

Yeah, but it seems more like they were lazy slav fucks.

Don't get me wrong, it is great how much they fixed it in just three days, but the development time could have been handled much better. For example by giving us a fucking open beta as they intended.

I still have a copy of Cossacks 1. Why should I play Cossacks 3 over it? I'm not interested in multiplayer.

Well MP is probably the number one reason to get Cossacks 3. I expected the updated graphics of Cossacks 3 look worse than Cossacks 1, but I think that they look okay

More and different campaigns.

Other than that there are some small details that make the came more convenient to play without tampering with the skill ceiling/floor, like showing you how many workers are gathering what ressources at all time, or colouring ressources you don't have enough of to build a certain thing in red.