Do people hate this game for anything other than the music? I've never seen anyone complain about anything else from it

Do people hate this game for anything other than the music? I've never seen anyone complain about anything else from it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc
youtube.com/watch?v=hYB8nGP_HtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I've never seen anyone *talk about anything else from it
fixed that for you.

It's a generic JRPG with a Sonic skin. There's nothing TO talk about. Your thread will turn into a general sonic thread if someone doesn't turn it into a bad music thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

I hate it because of the Sonic characters. :^)

there's other reasons to hate it, it's just that the music is the most offensive

>battles are just EBA-lite
>character art is traced from Sonic X for the most part
>the overworld is laughably bad
>currency is limited
>ends on a cliffhanger, followed up by Sonic and Tails jerking off Bioware
>ignited the you-know-what

youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc
cannot comprehend how bad this is. What was the reason? They had to rush it out for Christmas? They didn't care? Someone accidentally deleted to files?

>ends on a cliffhanger
I always assumed Sonic Unleashed continued it

Something something the license for the soundtrack got bork'd a couple days before launch and they had some rando office guy rush it.

Level design was awful, ended same way every sonic game does now, super sonic wins.

But this music is good

>By far the best healer in the game is Cream
>She gets 1 move per turn when allies can have upwards of 3
>She has these long ass action commands that if you screw up even once, you get literally nothing and lose MP points
It's not just her either, it's any healer. Pretty much any skill will also do trash-bag damage if you miss a single prompt.

>ignited the you-know-what
The what?

tl;dr ex-Archie Sonic comic writer tried to sue everyone because Chronicles was very loosely based on "his" work. He got fuckall out of it other than his donutsteels but Archie had to soft-reboot the comic in order to spite him further.

maybe if it was shut during the Pong era

Oh yeah, I heard about that story, now I remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYB8nGP_HtE

IIRC this sums it up. Outside of the music I think what was majorly brought up in it was how the combat was shit and it's really hard to attack properly because it wanted you to do specific and flawless motions

Losing 20 years of history sucked, but the soft-reboot (as well as the redesigns) were probably one of the best things to happen to the comic since Ian and Tracy first got hired

Shade the Echidna was apparently a rip-off of Julie-Su

they haven't done dick with the reboot except the unleashed arc though
and now they're gonna do more genesis nostalgia pandering

They dropped so much of those shitty back stories, like Eggman once having been a robot from a different dimension that got turned human by aliens

hardly any of the backstories mattered by the time the reboot happened

git gud