>you won't get to play them

>freedom from desire
>bad

>not coming back as a ghost to haunt gamestop

>wanted to kill self
>think about all the games ill miss
>dont do it
Im pathetic

did you read your babby's first book on buddhism and think that you're hot shit or something
it's possible to enjoy things without blindless desire
also, ironically, your wish to die is literally a desire for non-existence

Not killing yourself to prove your own point.
Edgy hypocrite

Then do it, you won't be around to feel sorry for yourself or bad about it anymore.

Lead by example neckbeard pussy

>man will ultimately have to leave earth in search of resources
>you won't live to be a space miner toiling away on a distant planet and looking into the sky and seeing earth appearing no bigger than a penny

mark my words videogames will die with me

>Stem cell research could potentially elongate our lives indefinitely.
>You might not live long enough to see these breakthroughs.
>Your grandparents definitely won't see these breakthroughs.

>Your grandparents lived from the time record players, to the time of cloud streaming.
>They'll only get a taste of future technology before they're going to die.
>They'll never get to see virtual reality, waifus.

>we might not see such a breakthrough in fifty years

Come on now, the chances are pretty good

>good video games will keep releasing

But didn't good video games die in 2007?

the video game industry will be gone soon enough

This.
What a worthless thread

[citation needed]

Chances are very slim. Technology doesn't advance quite as quickly as we predict. A lot of people thought we would have robots and flying cars by this point in time. But we don't. We simply didn't figure out how. Robotics are coming along. But imagine all those people missing a leg in the 60s, who thought that shit would be a reality in the 90s-00s.

we're all gonna die soon in a global pandemic followed by nuclear annihilation

so don't worry about missing out

I'd be happy if there were good video games being released BEFORE I die. Then I might mourn the potential good video games released after my death

Come on, don't make me order psvr now.

Robotics are exactly where corporations need them. Literal mindless drones toiling away 24/7 for free. No need for advancement from capital's perspective.

Most of those people were just delusional and influenced by shit like Blade Runner and 2001 who told them that the 2000s would be something very different and unrealistic

Just because we didn't invent flying cars or fully functioning prosthetics doesn't mean we haven't made a extraordinary leap in the past ten years that hasn't been matched through the 1950s-1980s

Considering stem cell research has been conducted for years before this and is still continuing, again it shouldn't be ridiculous to say they can't make a breakthrough in fifty

I dunno if I'm just repeating points

We made great breakthroughs in computing. Figured out how to make chips smaller. Figured out how to keep machines cool. Figured out how to make them do a bazillion calculations in a second. That's all well and good, but there are still things that hold us back. Like battery technology. Batteries are still fairly shit, for what we need them to do. And that, in a way, is holding potential technologies back.

But who is to say what the stem cell breakthroughs are, and when they'll come. Maybe it'll be very soon like the technology to make chips tiny. Or maybe it will come later, like battery life.

>implying there will be good vidya in 60 years time

>no need for advancement in robotics

Not while there is still people to replace

>it's possible to enjoy things without blindless desire

the fun of video games comes from desiring and purchasing them, not playing them. hence steam sales, bundles, hype campaigns, vicarious enjoyment via streaming. the actual games are purely vestigial. there is only desire.

Don't worry. You'll have more pressing things to worry about at your time of death, like the Islamic and Chinese invasion.

Not everyone in the world is this much of a dumb goy though.

>not a single good game released since 2010
>i'm probably gonna live about 40-50 years from now
>implying that good games will magically appear then

>fun in games comes from wanting and having, not playing

Maybe for you, but there are people in the world who are actually heterosexual

at the rate the industry is going we're not going to be missing out on much

Lucky bastards. They will be long gone when humanity hits the bottom

>hundreds of thousands of years of human civilation are already dead and will never get to experience their waifus in VR

>hundreds of thousands of years of human civilisation didn't have waifus because they had sex

>games aren't worth playing now
>and they won't be worth playing after you're dead

>implying creativity in vidya has died and hasn't just hit a roadblock
Don't worry user, we've yet to reach the Renaissance of gaming.
Right now I'd say we're in the Dark ages.
right??

No. The current state of industry is final, because it's most logical, convenient and lucrative from the point of view of game developers and producers.

Being dead takes up a lot of your free time you know, you'll be too busy with it to care.

>purchasing them
>fun

how do i know im not actually god and when i die, so does the rest of the entire universe ?

>good video games will keep releasing
>Implying there are good video games that have been released nowadays

inb4Soulsfags

>the fun of video games comes from desiring and purchasing them, not playing them.
Almost got me there, jew

Cred Forums as FUCK

pretty sure most people here enjoyed videogames more when they were a clueless kid without a sense of money or a source of income rather than a person with a sense of money and a source of income, be it autismbux or real job

Lose weight, eat healthy, be less sedentary and maybe you'll live to see HL3/ a proper Metroid game/ Nintendo region unlocking games/ cash grab mobile applications replace all AAA games

Move, or better, create a heavy object (like, a wardrobe) using only the power of your thoughts. If you succeed, you might be on to something.

i'm glad i got to play rocket league before I die

Obviously I turned off my godmode before incarnating in this mortal body

>dying
don't be a pussy, user

So if your mortal body dies, there's no risk of the world dying with it, you'll just return to your spiritual form. Checkmate Atheists

you don't need to be dead to experience that

Do you actually believe what you wrote?

Nobody can resist Kellogg®'s Honey Nut Crunch®

But you see I bound my godhood to this mortal form because I'm a collossal retard

If you had bound your godhood, you'd have powers. You said you turned off your godhood. If the universe didn't cease to exist then, it won't when your mortal body dies.

That being said, I'm glad you're around. It's good to know there is a higher being that created and runs the universe.

Btw. since this is first confirmed conversation between a human and a god since 2000 years, I'd like to clarify something: what is your opinion on fags?

this is false. the industry still wastes resources on the production of elaborate and useless software called "video games". the future will bring more focus on the direct monetization of desire, like star citizen and its virtual spaceships.

fags are the pure, original form of humanity before the disaster known as the female

Im only 23. Video games will be long dead before I

I think this with the majority of posts I see on Cred Forums now. Every day. I don't know who's sincere and who's trolling anymore, and I've come to the point where I assume no one believes what they're posting until proven otherwise.

>you're at the perfect age where you'll be far too old to care about video games by the time they are officially ruined by people putting up with developers and publishers completely fucking over the consumer base, and then blaming the player for the game not holding up to expectations
>you'll be on your deathbed when you hear everybody asking 'what killed the videogame industry?'

the way things are going...nah, probably not.

Wew

By the time our generation dies of old age, video games will have been outlawed for years.

>I've come to the point where I assume no one believes what they're posting

you're doing it backwards then. the sane thing to do is to assume everyone means what they say, because it makes absolutely no difference if they don't. if you say X, that makes you the person who says X. your secret inner feelings don't matter at all. "trolling" is a silly idea and caring about it will make you worry yourself into idiocy.

I fucking hate when girls put their sleeves over their hands like that

Trying too hard to be cute

or they just have cold hands since women have figuratively 0 bloodflow in their hands

>good video games will keep releasing after you die

I seriously doubt that.

No fuck them

>MFW there's already more good media to consume than there is time for me to spare
>MFW even if production of everything was over, I still wouldn't be able to go through all the media worth my time within three lifetimes

video games died a long time ago

Sort of

Even if a game is good it's waiting months and years of hype to finish it in a couple of days if you're lucky. Then once you're done that's it back to the old waiting grind

It's simply not enough anymore and multiplayer isn't as fun as it used to be either. Maybe I should pick up a real hobby

That's OK. The golden age of gaming was 1990-2005 so you wouldn't be missing much anyway.

Our atoms will eventually disperse into new shit, maybe even another human, so you might get to play them yet.

I literally don't know how

Hey everyone! What if I told you that it didn't matter if all people in the gaming industry dropped dead right now, because there are enough good games in the world RIGHT NOW to last any person their whole lifetime. Not only that, but good games will still be made in the future, and it doesn't matter that they'll be in the minority, it'll still be more than plenty.

What if I told you that you should re-read the OP question

If that's true then why can I enjoy a game without having any knowledge of it beforehand? Just because most of the modern vidya industry is founded on autistic hype doesn't mean that video games are inherently unenjoyable

Is that pic real or from Until Dawn?

What if I told you you were a fucking nigger.

Are you planning to die soon? Because it's highly probable video games, and humanity as we know it, will disappear as soon as we reach singularity in the next 30-40 years.

emma stone is cute

You won't see earth as the size of a penny, if you are on the moon it is to big, any object further away further and you won't see it at all.