gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/hotu_aribeth_romance_bug
youtube.com/watch?v=7mTz1yH0TAg
mega.nz/#!MZQjSQSD!5YUcEmqaxySYOvExHFyJpmbThXg0fjEInUU0nJFNyE4
bloodrawen.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope.

Bioware was never good

Not really

Replaying NWN right now. It's alright. For all its flaws, the aurora engine is probably the peak of cRPGs.

What are some good custom modules besides A Dance with Dicks?

>the aurora engine is probably the peak of cRPGs.
Only because of the amount of custom content for it. No fucking way am I ever going to say something that's consistently attached to shitty mechanics and is always clunky to control is good for anything other than that.

Bastard of Kossigan

yeah I loved me2

Base NWN and NWN2 are both shit borefests.
Only the expansions are worthwhile. I don't know what it says about muh bioware.

Neverwinter Nights is boring as shit and only good if you use player created content.

NWN2 wasn't even made by Bioware. Obsidian handled that game.

Yes.
Aielund, pirates of the sword coast.

dragon age origins was decent, and I'd say that is their last good game

>not resting a million times and setting a million traps to autowin with every dragon early on instead of actually fighting

It's fun to find exploits, but not actually use them.

>Neverwinter Nights (NWN) was conceived in 1997 as the ultimate pen-and-paper role-playing game simulation. BioWare's goal with the project was to try to capture the subtleties of a pen-and-paper role-playing session in a computer game, including a fully featured Dungeon Master with full control over the game world as it unfolds, and an extremely approachable toolset to allow nontechnical users to make basic content.
Why is there no ambitious developers nowadays?

That's not 'safe' user, publishers only fund stuff they know for sure will sell.

It looks like Larian is attempting something similar with DivOS2, though I don't know how well it will turn out.

didn't origins sell well? shouldn't that prove that there is demand for games like that? why was 2 and 3 "press a button and something awesome happens"-tier shit?

I'm guessing they were under contract for three games within a short period after releasing the first. They pretty much hold devs hostage like this nowadays. Same goes for Crysis, they made their baby and then had to do an additional two.

Has to work on consoles. That is the answer to everything wrong with vidya these days.

Ohhh I remember.

Hate to be one of those guys, but Bioware really was never good.

>Used 3.5 system
>Used 3.5 setting
The game was good because 3.5 was good. Any comapny could have made this.

NWN was 3E, not 3.5. You're thinking of NWN2.

Also, you're wrong about the other thing you said.

PCxNathyrraxAribeth OT3

>Bastard of Kossigan
Part Six translation never ever

What a terrible party, only one waifu.

>3.5
>good

youtube.com/watch?v=9dimWCJydo4

>Why is there no ambitious developers nowadays?

Well, name me another system that gives you an ability to turn all your party members into a bunch of ravening murderous psychopaths at the drop of a hat.

>PCxNathyrraxAribeth OT3
wait you can get them both?

4E

Like the user, said publishers don't like taking chances since there is bigger money on the line than in the past. Games are more expensive and one bad title could close a studio.

Agreed.

Origins was extremely hyped and well received. However, when players found out that they could play a different storyline according to the race and class you chose, but led ultimately to the same ending, they were disappointed.

Yes, and NWN was already on the downward slope.

>you are having fun the wrong way, it is only fun if you exploit the shit out of it.

Good meme XD

>Why is there no ambitious developers nowadays?
There is, but they either are: owned by a big publisher, who weeds out ambition; incompetent, so their ambition is worthless; or not successful enough to not have enough money to adequately realize their ambition, or being immediately bought by a big publisher.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but mentioning any of those usually starts shitstorms.

>wait you can get them both?
You can, but you need to fix a bug that causes the threesome dialogue to set Nathyrra's romance flag right but not Aribeth's, so you only end up with Nath. You can do it yourself, or there's an unofficial fix floating around somewhere.

>4E
There were Frenzied Berserkers in 4E? My group died in 3.5, so I honestly have no idea.
Inspire Deathless Frenzy is still the most fun ability in 3.5

>Well, name me another system that gives you an ability to turn all your party members into a bunch of ravening murderous psychopaths at the drop of a hat.
And how exactly does that make a system good?
Also, most other systems except stuff by White Wolf.
Murderhoboing is not exclusive to D&D.

There is a 4e game it's call world of warcraft.

>Never winter
>baldur's gate
>Kights of the old republic
All used a d&d system, all used setting not made by devs, all great games.
Bioward dident make NN great.

How can Bioware be redeemed? What kind of RPG would you like to play?
>totally not a Biocuck

good one
drop social commentary and focus on epic adventure
And there must be following things:
>Waifus
>Dragons
>Necromancers and skellys
>Orcs and goblins
>usual mix of elves, dwarves, and other classic races
Also, there cannot be:
>trans characters
>faggotry in the open
>microtransactions

>Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but mentioning any of those usually starts shitstorms.
Who are your favourites, user?

>And how exactly does that make a system good?
It doesn't, I'm just rusing you for replies to bump the thread.
>Also, most other systems except stuff by White Wolf, murderhoboing is not exclusive to D&D.
I know, but I meant mechanically. Never had as much fun as I did playing a Frenzied Zerker, especially if you can manage Inspire Frenzy > Deathless Frenzy >Inspire Deathless Frenzy.
Like Inspiring Frenzy in the middle of peace talks, or doing so and having the party slaughter itself because nobody makes their will saves.
Unless the DM is a dick and forces you to be unable to make Balance checks while frenzied, then it's just underpowered.

>You can
interdasting, i was thinking of replaying nwn games, maybe ill do it with the 3way

Basically this in the order it was listed (good waifus at the top, of course, because that's the most important)
Really, though, they would just need some self-awareness about what made their old games so good and where they went wrong in execution or idea; as well as being less willing to include something (especially ideas/pandering) just because one of their writers thought it'd be a good idea - an actual editing process, especially with regards to character writing.
So never, basically.

>interdasting, i was thinking of replaying nwn games, maybe ill do it with the 3way
You definitely should, at least once (it's the best ending, after all).
I'll see if I can find it for you, otherwise I'll reupload it.

Waifus need to go. They bring cancer.

Is cancer a new meme for money?
It worked for overwatch.

And overwatch is cancer.

Only SJW cuckolds hate waifus

If you're gay, nobody gives a shit about your """"alternative"""" lifestyle

This If I can't play a big tited barbarian in bikini armor and slay dragons what's the point?

It's the waifus that brought the SJW audience, and the subsequent pandering. You can't have them in the current climate without bringing the wrong audience and attention. Games need to be just games for a while.

>gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/hotu_aribeth_romance_bug
Fix is posted by Hickory, third reply down. It's a zip, comes with instructions on how to apply it through the toolset.
Remember, you want Persuade and enough Charisma to even be able to talk them into it in the first place.

I disagree. Pandering specifically for waifus (especially how weird and 'SJW-appealing' they are with it these days) is what brings the cancer.
Waifus when done properly should descent from good, memorable, cute characters; it's just Bioware's fixation with focusing on the waifu part instead of the character as a whole that makes it as shitty as it is. Not that they would be able to do anything better with their increasingly oversimplified dialogue/character interactions in general.

>It's the waifus that brought the SJW audience, and the subsequent pandering. You can't have them in the current climate without bringing the wrong audience and attention. Games need to be just games for a while.
This I can kind of agree with, though.

hands of muh Aerie you pleb
but seriously, in-game romances are optional and should not take focus from actual plot

it is not waifus that bring SJW audience
Thing that brings audience is good known title, and SJW basically have no "audience" because SJW do not actually play vidya

writing in old games were not always very good, but it was captivating. Stories started with
>find water chip
>somebody killed your father, run!
and ended with
>Some mutant master want to destroy wasteland? not on my watch
>I AM CHILD OF BHAAL FEAR ME FAGGOTS

In 2016 "stories" are mostly used in walking simulators with no gameplay elements, great, great shame and loss.

NWN1 Class Tier List

>God Tier:
Druid

>Top Tier:
Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Shifter

>High Tier:
Champion of Torm, Black Guard, Bard, Weapon Master

>Mid Tier:
Paladin, Harper Scout, Fighter, Red Dragon Disciple, Dwarven Defender

>Low Tier:
Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Pale Master, Arcane Archer, Shadow Dancer

>Trash Tier
Barbarian, Assassin, Purple Dragon Knight

you got it all wrong faggot
I facerolled entire game with monk, he is easily top tier

>M-M-MUH SJW BOOGYMAN >:'(

Another thread ruined by Cred Forums

they are right here, and you are a faggot
enjoy your
>Do you wanna ride the bull

lolno monk is utter garbage in NWN1

kek you are retard if you think so
and weapon master is god tier, and where the fuck is fighter on your list, it is top/god tier
Your list is dildoes

When we gonna get a 5 edition D&D game?

>Posting worst NWN

Who /jadeempire/ here?

NWN was utter fucking trash, i know you probably have fond memories of the thousands of online ERP custom modules but that doesnt change the fact that the game and the entire engine it was based on was pure shit

waifushit and sjwshit both need to go

sawyer was right

>i know you probably have fond memories of the thousands of online ERP custom modules

Its funny because its true.

the original campaign was bad, but the expansions were pretty good.

You don't have to be Cred Forums to hate sjws user, that's just part of Cred Forums's Cred Forums-is-Cred Forums rhetoric.

Im sorry but you just dont have a fucking clue.

Learn2Neverwinter

Fuck off Cred Forums

But I told you I'm not Cred Forums. I don't even like Cred Forums.

i understand the level of monk, but why champion of torm?

Nobody cares, druidfag

Good free feats, good synergy with other classes, access to Smite and Divine Wrath, and high BAB.

I just wanted another NWN from Bioware
>Fuck you EA

>translation

>tfw no mod to go full /u/ in hotu

This. But also they weren't this bad as they are now.

Either this is bait or you are literally clueless about the game.

>I never will play a game where I make a character who is too small to wield a weapon accidentally ever again

So many memories from that game
Divinity Original Sin reminds me alot of NWN and until I can play NWN I will play DOS :(

Why did paladins always suck in BG/NWN/IW? In actual table top they're fun and feel like they have a place, but in the games fighter/cleric can do literally everything paladins can but better.

Great engine and expansions, but I can't imagine being hyped for the original campaign back in the day. Lots of fun today though.

Aielund Saga, Swordflight

Fuck you

They can't use Holy avenger and having an Inquisitor in bg2 make the game piss easy

Baldur's Gate II was the peak. Origins was their last good game. Everything after has been awful.

>people here think NWN was good because of its ruleset
I've always felt like D&D games were good despite their rulesets or real time with pause combat. There are RPGs before and after them with more intuitive rulesets that are also deep.

>speaking filthy French
If I wanted to learn a language to appreciate literature, it'd be Russian or German, you filthy decadent
Really though I'm just too lazy to learn, I suck with other languages
Pls tell me about Les Lions Diffames, Frenchanon. Is the plot good? Do you get to bang your waifu, Alex? Will Fabien ever stop writing books and finish his last module?

It's really a missed opportunity. If only I wasn't so bad at modding.
>tfw WotC made Obsidian remove the literal perfection /u/ romance in MotB

But they're great in BG and both NWNs
>fighter/cleric can do literally everything paladins can do better
Untrue for nwn, and so?

You can cry all you want, it will never make monk good.

>tfw tried to remake the .hack//GU games in the NWN toolset based on what story I could find on youtube because I enjoyed the original games so much but couldn't find GU for sale anywhere
I was not the sharpest crayon in the box.

>You can cry all you want, it will never make monk good.
Are you sure? Well, maybe monk isn't good, but at least it'll bump the thread

>tfw WotC made Obsidian remove the literal perfection /u/ romance in MotB
Elaborate

Because video game climate has changed. There was a recent attempt at NWN, along with offering its MP and Toolset capacities. It flopped so badly devs went out of business.

SCL was an attempt to cash in on it that was in no way as good as NWN's toolkit or DM mode were.

only game with actually good ruleset adaptation that didn't liberties was temple of elemental evil

I still feel that 2E makes for an at least playable game. 3E, on the other hand, can go fuck itself.

It wasn't pure shit though, it just wasn't as good as bg2 but what is?

Also for me the online experience wasn't EPR modules but simply persistent gigantic maps that basically turned the game into an mmo with admin events and all.

Because that's not conducive to getting more money out of your customers for minimum amount of work invested. You've basically given your players this ultimate tool to create their own content natively. What can you sell them now? To be fair, like user above said, climate was simply different back then and people stuck with games for much longer. It helped that Bioware really did support NWN1 marvelously, both which patches and expansions as well as premium modules later on. It was simply the perfect storm.

ToEE is a good adaptation of a fucking awful ruleset. If someone would've came at a better game like Earthdawn or Runequest with that level of dedication the resulting game would've been much better.

NwN is actually one of my all time biggest hype letdowns. The graphics weren't that great besides the much lauded real-time shadows, there was a jarring lack of voice over, the game's structure was just enclosed mission hub after mission hub and it was too combat oriented to allow any serious roleplaying.
It essentially felt like Bioware wanted to artificially recreate the Counter-Strike mod-lightning and have the players create the game's "legacy", so the campaign was just a barebone showcase of the mod tools capabilities.

That box was super cute though.

Saddest thing is ToEE was still Troika's best selling game simply because of brand recognition. It's a goddamn shame neither its engine or ruleset were ever again used for anything else.

it's not just you. there was tremendous disappointment back in the day over game not really living up to bg2. then people realized multiplayer and modding was where all the fun was at. then persistent worlds happened and everything went off the chain.

Well, both love interests in Mask of the Betrayer were meant to be bisexual - with Gann, it's just because he's a hedonist who likes the pretty things. Standard stuff, whatever (his romance is pretty shit anyway)

With Safiya, though, - who is already one of my favourite vidya waifus/romances ever, and I'm a /u/ enthusiast - it makes perfect sense why you'd be drawn to each other, even if she hasn't liked girls before. After all, you were quite literally made for one another.
And it was going to be cute and perfect so of course, WotC demanded Obsidian cut it, because no homosexuals in muh Forgotten Realms

NWN 1 and 2 are better than IE to be honest even if they are rougher around the edges. The toolset lets you do way more than you ever could in BG and the large number of high quality modules is proof of that. NWN has a better dialogue system that allows for all kinds of ability and skill checks and a good module maker can do lots of stuff with scripting.

man, I feel like I really missed out on NWN multiplayer i did the same thing with warcraft3's custom scene

>Implying that most of the greatest, most well designed games aren't primarily played on console.

>jarring lack of voice over
REEEE NORMANS
NWN was Bioware's last good game because everything after had shitty voiceovers you have to sit through and "cinematic" dialogue cameras.

>Also, there cannot be:

Yeah, fuck Edwin and all that.

>WotC demanded Obsidian cut it, because no homosexuals in muh Forgotten Realms
What a bunch of faggots

Edwin wasn't trans

Frenchanon pls
If you get back and see this, answer it anyway because I'll see it in the archive
Also Erine best girl.

>What a bunch of faggots
Fucking right.
>A-at least I can dream...
>At least someone wrote some qt /u/ fanfiction for it

1990-2004 was the pinnacle of Canadian gaming. Canada was pumping out solid games, creating entire genres. Jagged Alliance 2 is still the best tactical RPG ever made and it's almost 20 years old. NWN is still, even if due to rose-tinted glasses, one of the best D&D platforms on PC ever made. There are so many good Canadian games, Canadian voice actors. Hell, 30% of Hollyweird's royalty are secret Canadians.

On behalf of Canada to the rest of the world, I'm so sorry about the quality dip in our games.

i actually never played the modules but heard they were good, can't stand the ui and gameplay of nwn

kys

>There still isn't a successor to NWN in two thousand and fucking sixteen

I moved a campaign I was running oveer to NWN a few years ago because the nature of the game lent itself well to NWN and it was the best decision I ever made. Combat didn't slow games to a crawl, players were more into their characters because they were looking at their party, not a bunch of friends around a table, people were able to hop on to the server and play out side stories with one or two members of the party, and we were able to move up from 4 people and a DM to 8 people and a DM and the pace of the game did not suffer at all because no one had to do fucking book keeping for their elf waifu's character sheets, it was just right fucking there and all anyone had to care about was who was talking, what was being said, and where everyone was in the world.

Fuck, it let me give the Rogue his own little stealth mission which shut down security around a not-Hogwarts for the rest of the party to progress through, AND IT FELT AMAZING, NO ONE HAD TO SIT STARING AT THEIR FUCKING PHONE FOR AN HOUR WHILE THE ROGUE DID A BUNCH OF SKILL CHECKS, HE JUST WENT AND FUCKING DID IT

I can never go back to actual, physical tabletop, and now getting people to install something as dated as NWN is all but impossible. NWN2 would be great if it wasn't for the editor being way more in-depth, which on one hand is good, but it makes crapping our small dungeons or quick sessions so much fucking harder.

That's okay, user, to each his own
If ever you want to try them though, they're fucking great. You can be a medieval knight/rogue superspy mercenary, sleeping your way across Europe and beguiling yourself with politics, it's really fun.

>implying he wasn't the best character
youtube.com/watch?v=7mTz1yH0TAg

wait so how exactly did it work anyway? did you have to use the editor to design locations and stuff? sounds like a pain

It took a lot of effort, but it paid off. Built up the little fortress-city the campaign centered around, then started filling in buildings, shops, inns, etc.

It was only slightly more tedious than doing it the old fashioned way, keeping notes and tabs on god damn everything, but I knew I had done the right thing when I had players literally just walking around the streets of the city at night, looking for clues to a murder that was initially just a little aside to indicate that part of town was bad news.

Wizardry 8 still has the best character building system in any RPG imo.

Neverwinter sort of does that. It's not as in-depth as NWN but it's probably better than nothing.

Almraiven, Shadewood.

Nah, I tried it, but you can really only make lineart one-off quests. Last I checked, it didn't even let you put in bosses or organize mob move sets.

It's cool for what it is, jsut wish it wasn't totally ruined by being attached to that company.

BULL

D&D seems to have fallen out of favor so you're probably stuck with games like D:OS that have an editor.

The min/maxer in me creates a feeling of uneasyness or slight annoyance. Like I'm going through all this trouble when the other option could be doing x thing easier.

I love the archetype of "holy warrior smashing stuff with righteous fury", but when it comes down to it, I'm a function over flavor kind of guy. The inability to have both irks me.

Yeah, Hasbro has been holding its cards close ever since that huge string of botched 4e games. Most people don't even know there WAS a PSP game.

Hopefully the popularity of RPGs recently will bait them into licensing some new stuff in the NWN vein to a competent developer this time. Fucking SCL never stood a chance.

Noâ„¢.

The inquisitor kit was always odd to me. You're basically playing a fighter with with better saves and worse/less HLAs, but custom built to dismantle the most difficult encounters in the game. Meanwhile, Wizard Slayer, the actual fighter kit meant to dismantle mage encounters is ungodly horrible.

But he could be.

>tfw your qt paladin get Blacked

>my face during second part of this module

Paladin have the same HLA as fighter + summon deva

Daily reminder that Aribeth was mind controlled and did nothing wrong.

They went to shit after they got bought by EA, and dropped the dragon logo.

How much time take battle with some trash mobs in actual tabletop session? Do you throw dices for every goblin?

They really should stop making RPGs, they suck at that. Maybe try and do another MDK game.

This game sucks ass.

However, it was quite a good framework for some really nice user-created content. And the expansion packs were pretty good.

The game didn't really suck ass if everything but the original campaign is good.

The nature of 3.5 means that even fighting one goblin is going to involve someone rolling at least 3 dice and probably going to be glancing at their list of feats/spells/etc. at least once. In comparison, combat that could take a whole session to resolve at a table might take less than ten minutes in NWN, which is a really big plus.

I would recommend making the jump for EVERY type of game, but for some it works well.

Yeah, that's why i'm asking, in NWN PC does all the work.

Couldn't remember the table desu. 100% sure they get less HLAs though.

Bought out by EA and ruined as usual.
It really is a shame, they were the only RPG developer who could consistently make good games with nothing more than simple intuitive mechanics and a great story.

They get divine might and divine shield and high saving throws. Paladins are EZmode.

They aren't.
Console game development seems to come down to someone saying "okay so we're stuck with shit hardware, a stupid gimmick we have to force in, and limited inaccurate controls. How do we make the best of a bad situation"
It's why you end up with shit genres like cover-based shooters being popular, because you can't move and shoot accurately with a console controller at the same time.

They're all on PC
splinter cell was good for a console stealth game though

Recommend me some good co-op modules for NWN2.

To be honest, SCL was a pretty bad game, it didnt know wheter it wanted to be a WRPG or a Diablo-Clone and the rules adaptation was barebones, they took so many liberties and omitted so much that in the end it was D&D in name only.

Yeah, fuck that, being limited by NWN's engine and dealing with the bugs inherent to it kills that more than the pacing issues inherent to 3.5 ever will.

my nigga

Pic related: my barbarian on the final fight - playing with some friends

dont you have armageddon to conquer or somesuch?

Have to kill these dragons first

>but for some it works well.
You mean core-only 3.5, which is regularly recommended against by anyone who knows anything about the game. The PRC Pack can alleviate a small amount of the sheer content difference but it's also buggy, finicky, and extremely difficult to incorporate into a module.

>MC
>Keldorn
>Vaylgar
>Korgan
>Viconia
>Yoshimo

ftw mate

It's the same problem as in Hollywood, the big publishers/studios can make more money on a few massive titles a year (titles they've already sold [CoD/capeshit]) as long as they market the hell out of it. There won't be a shit until those big titles stop selling well and they need a new innovation.

Not enough lewd modules!

Have you tried wink and kiss?

I'm not sure how one keep Keldorn and Vicky in the same party.

>in ten years there will be threads like this for CDprojekt

>CDprojekt
they are already bad

too young to remember. Bioware was awesome when NWN was out. They supported that game and the mod community. They were asked to stop because people wouldn't move over to NWN2 and the last patch added, visible cloaks, mounts, two new classes and a shit ton of bits and pieces to use in the mod creater.

Is that the based Haruspex?

>ywn be part of a Russian gaming company that sits around drinking all day, posting on Instagram and having your CEO hire strippers to sit in the background while he is interviewed about a game that makes feminists absolutely butthurt

I really wish the third module of this would come out, even though I've never 100% finished Almraiven OR Shadewood.

This is mostly because I have an obsession with playing sorcerer instead of wizard, because wizards are gay, and the modules have a custom reagent system and you almost never gain levels, so I end up with zero money from having to use scrolls all the time.

if you missed out on NWN multiplayer, then i feel bad for you

some of my best gaming memories are arena servers on NWN.

in fact, true story that no one will believe, but me and another player named Jen (dunno if it was a grill or not) developed the first dragon characters using druid. the build was later refined by others to include bard levels, champion of torm, ect, but we made the first one. i still remember people in jantimas server going nuts when i turned into a fucking dragon and shrugged off everyone but the most OP imba monk build attacks, which of course everyone then rolled.

one big downside to the first dragon build: it had shit AB. hitting anything usually required a 20.

howd you actually connect people now that the multiplayer system for the game is dead?

>exploits
>traps

It's just another way to kill a dragon, user. Like that peasant who killed a dragon by fooling it into eating a poisoned animal.
You're part of the reason why new rpgs are not fun anymore. Muh balance, muh exploits, no fun allowed.

And traps are pretty much the only way for pure thief to stay relevant in combat during late Soa and ToB meanwhile pure divine caster get fuck all

The most recent rpg I played is New Vegas, so find adversary somewhere else.
For me more fun was honest approach.

That game was great. Fun and easy to play.

Their last good game was da:o. Still upset that they were bought out by EA

Dragons are pretty fucking big, intelligent, magical creatures user.

I seriously doubt any animal could be poisoned such that it remained alive but somehow killed the dragon when he eats it.

And if the animal is dead and you poisoned the corpse, I'm pretty sure a dragon would be 100% suspicious if you showed up with a cow corpse as a 'gift'.

Its one thing when the peasants pay you tribute by delivering a live herd animal. Its another when they cart an already dead animal over.

I don't think D&D fell out of favor, after all it's still by far the most popular roleplaying game as far as pen and paper goes, but there's been a fuckton new fantasy IPs for video games rise in the last two and a half decades. D&D simply faded away from video games and some shitty titles like mobile games and Daggerdale, for example, didn't help.

>The nature of 3.5 means that even fighting one goblin is going to involve someone rolling at least 3 dice and probably going to be glancing at their list of feats/spells/etc. at least once. In comparison, combat that could take a whole session to resolve at a table might take less than ten minutes in NWN, which is a really big plus.

Yeah, but that's how it always is in roleplaying games because it's simply the nature of the hobby. That's why you usually have one or two battles, or maybe a big one that basically takes an entire session to resolve. Video games and roleplaying sessions at the table aren't structured the same way. People who want all combat all the time go to wargaming, for example.

pls respond

Cows have huge stomachs, you could throw some recipient in there, and maybe it will stay intact until the dragon eats it

Cows have CHAMBERED stomachs, four of them in fact. None are particularly large, and it would certainly take a fuckload of poison to kill a dragon.

>friends all have in character names
I have to fight to keep mine from going full murderhobo so I gave up and went with the meme flow.

You better to lower your standards for graphics and play nwn1.

I've already played NWN1. I know 2 has good modules I just don't know which are good for co-op.

>you'll never spend three sessions getting a village ready to repel impending greenskin attack, Seven Samurai style

Anyone got those animeish girl portraits for Baldur's Gate 2?

mega.nz/#!MZQjSQSD!5YUcEmqaxySYOvExHFyJpmbThXg0fjEInUU0nJFNyE4

>some people are resting after every battle and blowing through all their spells in every fight, so let's punish the fuck out of everyone
>also let's turn Kelemvor into Cyric for the lols
>not worst NWN

no

also a pic

thanks

>>some people are resting after every battle and blowing through all their spells in every fight, so let's punish the fuck out of everyone

Countering resting after each battle literally doesn't affect you at all unless you're one of the people who do it.

Never fails to amaze me how well that style meshes with the UI. I'm not exactly a fan of animu art, but this just works.

I wish Justin Sweet did more art for RPGs.

I'd rather have Larry Elmore portraits

It does if your PC is a Paladin and the only way to get around it is to eat souls.

Mechanically it's not that bad, but if you had even the slightest RP investment in being a Good (or certain flavours of Neutral) character it's total shit.

I'm playing a paladin/champion of torm right now and I'm wondering if some levels in fighter are worthwhile. How many should I put into fighter? I have a nasty habit of fucking with my BAB

Tales of Arterra.

Spell components. No fucking thank you.

Assuming the second part doesn't crash when you load a save and the fourth part doesn't fuck up recognizing your choices from the earlier parts.

I really wanted to like that series, but the bugs ruined it for me.

the resist hunger thing is sufficient, I never once ate a good soul, and only once had to eat exp points

what the heck are you doing that you cant manage hunger?

That's what I loved about it. The singleplayer was forgettable and nothing special, but I loved the customization of online modules and being able to play and dungeon master with people.

I've never given money to a shillstarter but if it was to make NWN I might well.

We all missed out on something for being stupid. I refused to buy BF2142 because of the ingame ads. Got it years later and had a bit of a taste of the fun people who picked it up from the get go got to experience.

who's the artist for these?

That game's toolset was vastly inferior to that of NWN.

nah

bloodrawen.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

bls respon

Thanks. Should I grab knockdown?

The singleplayer was great! It was a full D&D tabletop experience for people with no friends into D&D!

knockdown/imp knockdown are 100% required for any melee character i make

Same question as this user. But what are some FINISHED modules.

Wizards just needs to find a competent dev team to make games that had the same sort of impact as the Infinity/Aurora engine RPGs or the next Dark Alliance.

The devs they're working with to have games made don't really have the right thing. Daggerdale was shit.
Sword Coast Legends isn't bad, but it's lacking the tools that people thought it was going to have to make it the next NWN. Instead it's just a simple, competent dungeon crawl hack&slash.
Neverwinter MMO is interesting given that players can make their own modules and is more robust than Sword Coast, but the editor still doesn't measure up to the NWN editor. The gameplay is servicable, but pretty generic and the non-combat aspect is lacking.

Until then, it's Divinity Original Sin.

Aielund Saga

will grab then thanks