Dear From Software

Please quit doing fantasy themed Souls games, and start doing cyberpunk. You've done fantasy themes for like 4 games now and it's gotten old, we're sick of it. If you do cyberpunk you can get way more creative than you could with fantasy, especially with environments, character customization and designs, and weapons and combat. Think of all the crazy guns and shit you could have!

So please, no more fantasy, just do cyberpunk from now on.

Signed, GAF(Gamers Against Fantasy)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHAW39GXFqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

op is right, dark souls is played the fuck out, they need to do some new shit

I agree, real sick of this generic ass old castle, bad swamp, evil forest aesthetic.

No they need to add some new gameplay mechanics. souls is only acceptable gameplay wise because it is multiplayer focused. You can't do any combos, cancels, or other stuff that enhances your abilities. The closest I can think of is turning with your greatsword swing in Ds1 to make it hit earlier.

>souls is only acceptable gameplay wise because it is multiplayer focused

What?

>souls is only acceptable gameplay wise because it is multiplayer focused
>You can't do any combos, cancels,
You might want to actually play the game for an hour or two before you spout any more embarrassing and ignorant bullshit.

Souls games have no real combos.

Miyazaki said it's over you fucking retard, only last thing are the dlcs coming out for DS3 but that's it, it's done

He said no more Dark Souls game, doesn't mean he can't make a new Souls like game like Bloodborne and it's gonna happen

He meant specifically the Souls franchise is over, he still plans to make "Souls-like" games.

Good, he can move on to sci fi and cyberpunk now. Sick of that sickdark fantasy shit he kept peddling for years.

Oh no, it's that Cyberpunk faggot again.

No one is saying that they have combos like a street fighter game where you can do two light attacks and a heavy and throw a fireball out of your nipples. You can, however, chain your basic moves together (which to be fair in PVP is often not extremely useful), or throw in a different move during a sequence of attacks. It's basic, but it's still a combo.

Actually he said he won't be making them anymore, but if B-team keeps shitting them out he won't stop them

>No one is saying that they have combos like a street fighter game where you can do two light attacks and a heavy and throw a fireball

In other words souls games have no real combos, like I said.

Can they shit out some cyberpunk souls games then? No one wants more dark fantasy shit, it's played the fuck out.

>tfw no big cyberpunk openworld city game

I actually agree. I'm not against fantasy in games but for Souls game a change of scenery would be welcomed

That's my point, he can move on to other settings now and he probably will considering how Bloodborne was

>GTA: cyberpunk edition.

#Rekt

A combo not resulting in some flavor of special move at the end does not make it not a combo. I can't really think of a better term for a series of attacks chained together. I can't really imagine SF-like combos adding much to the game, either. I'd much rather they do something like make the weapon arts in 3 not near-universally useless.

>this faggot again
Cyberpunk is garbage. Literally every environment is just "rainy city with neon lights."

What? Do you want to play Dark souls: Ultimate ninja storm edition?

fuck your cyberfuck give me armored core back you fucking coons

Fantasy is garbage. Literally every environment is just "castle in dark forest with torches"

> triggered

He's already said that one of the 3 games From Software is currently working on is a new Armored Core game.

You're late.

Even if DS did combo, you have like 3 attacks and they have a recovery time that spans wider than your mom's asshole. It is not even relevant. DS combat is shit. And I'm saying this after 4.2 souls games. It got boring.

From Software here.

OP is a fag.

Does it trigger you that e very souls and bloodborne vid I see the environments and characters all look the same? I can't even tell the difference.

>Literally every environment is just "rainy city with neon lights."

That's only because the majority of people who do cyberpunk are creatively bankrupt hacks that just rehash the visuals of the Blade Runner movie completely unaware that that was supposed to be capturing the feel of film noir, not cyberpunk.

You apparently tried it, so do tell us how the combat worked.

So they can fall in line behind Cyber Punk, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout, Borderlands, Portal, Dead Space, Crysis, Halo, Doom, etc, etc, at being a totally original game set in the future.

Holy fuck that game looks badass as fuck! This is what we need more of.

>Please quit doing fantasy themed Souls games, and start doing cyberpunk.

How do you know they'd be any good at fucking cyberpunk? Fuck off.

All the games you listed are superior to fantasy shit. Fantasy needs to be phased out for sci fi, we've had enough of shit like WoW,

i wont believe it until i fucking see it and not more fucking dark souls bullshit

>How do you know they'd be any good at fucking cyberpunk?

Well they aren't any good at fantasy yet that didn't stop them from churning out 4 of those shits.

Hey, a GTA set in the future might not be such a bad idea.

Fuck, I think that's what GTA VI is gonna be actually.

A Musou game adjusted for pvp.

That's the only way Cyberpunk should be handled.

>WoW's influence is heavy in the industry, and that can be kind of annoying, because that aesthetic is pretty bad imo. But Wow's fantasy looks almost nothing like Dark Souls's fantasy.
Jumping onto future-fantasy, isn't going to be more original per se. We already have a lot of it.

>Fuck, I think that's what GTA VI is gonna be actually.

Unlikely. Rockstar is incapable of producing anything themselves, they just recreate what they've seen in movies and TV, and there's not enough future shit for them to rip off to create an entire GTA game.

Souls fantasy is just as bad, replace giant retarded pauldrons with fountains of energy spraying out and replace it with generic brown n bloom medieval clothes with boring weapons.

Holy shit you're a massive retard, I did not even understand what you just wrote.

Dunno why I greentexted that. Strange.

Dark Souls grounds things in realism, so when it does present you with absurd imagery, it stands out even moreso than it would in other games.

>Dark Souls grounds things in realism,

Yeah that must be why they have shit like blood red skies with fucked up moons just because, real grounded in realism

Is this cyberpunk faggit gonna post this thread everyday?

You're as bad as the Ni-Oh spammer.

Why must you be so taxing to talk to?

no this guy is actually worse, he contributes to more elaborate shit posting.

Speak for yourself fucci, I am still waiting for a dark souls sequel or an instance based souls mmo
until then sci fi can sugdig

This is why Cyberpunk faggots don't get shit.

Sci Fi is the future. Witcher 3 was the phase fantasy was being phased out, Dark Souls 3 was the deathbed, and WoW Legion was the Doctor finally yanking the plug. Fantasy is DEAD. Cyberpunk is the future. Cyberpunk 2077, Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Huh? Are you accusing me of being a cyberpunk fag?

>Sci Fi is the future
legit talk but consider this. Fantasy may be at the deathbed but so is sci fi. None of the games you counted matter as they are all basicly vaporshit while dark souls being actually really unique albeit generic in its locations. Ramp up the locations and you are set be it sci fi or fantasy so the discussion is how we fix creative use of levels locations and the lore instead of scifi will fix all fantasy bad

Cyberpunk only works as Crime dramas and nobody cares about the story in crime drama games.

Cyberpunk works well as arena combat games too, it just hasn't been done yet. Imagine a cyberpunk moba.

no.

>moba
No.

>moba

noooooooooo.....

So then you're calling the person who I told is taxing, a cyberpunk fag?

yes.

Who is we? I'm not sick of anything.

I'm just waiting for that one fantasy game that uses pre-hellenic Khorasan/Hindu Kush/Indus Valley as its aesthetical inspiration.

The only reason mobas suck is lack of creativity, directly due to them being so fantasy based. They all make you fight in a fucking boring ass forest, and most of the characters are always generic fantasy shit like elves and buff men with swords/axes, and faeries and dragons. Imagine a cyberpunk moba where you fight in fucking badass rainy cities at night, and factories and shit. And the characters are badass robots, cyborgs, aliens, space marines. Cool shit. And the items are cool stuff like laser rifles and energy cores and capacitators, not fucking "mana stone" and "heart of health" or "shield of dontdie".

OK, I think I get where you were going with that comment now. You're alright with me.

>B team shitting it out
Miyazaki shit out 3, stop praising him for fucking up the 3rd game.
please let the DLCs be good

>Dark Souls grounds things in realism
???

>cancels

Fuck off.

>cyberpunk moba

That's not fully using the potential of Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk always involve urbanised shitholes, laced with hightech as well as dubious east asian corporations.

mobas blow ass because you're a fucking CRIPPLE until you farm for gold until you get can your build up and running.

Only then do you feel like every other fucking videogame character at the START of their games.

They intentionally hobble you in order to increase the timesink factor of their game.

????????

My first "no" should've clarified the whole thing.

Imagine fighting on a map that's a shithole city, with dark alleyways being the jungle and thugs being the jungle creeps. And each base is an evil corporate headquarters with multiple floors you have to take down.

>mobas blow ass because you're a fucking CRIPPLE until you farm for gold until you get can your build up and running.
>Only then do you feel like every other fucking videogame character at the START of their games.

That's an unfair comparison, Megaman, Samus, and Castlevania characters all start out weak as fuck until late game. Megaman has to kill 8 fucking bosses AND collect armor pieces before he can even reach his full potential.

Yep. Here's your starting class. The game's visuals start off fairly typical, and then grow to become absurd over time. You're a knight, in knights armor, and a standard longsword, fighting other knights in knight's armor, wielding standard longswords. The fantasy elements look more absurd by comparison, because it's like reality is being twisted. Unlike other games, where everything is oversaturated glowing colors, looking like happy meal toys.

Well I was still unsure, because the tone of the post was unclear. It kind of sounded like you were disagreeing with me. I feel like you could have replied to the other cyberpunk fag with that comment. Directed it his way, not mine.

No. Cyberpunk works best as GTA game with strong espionage elements.

>Unlike other games, where everything is oversaturated glowing colors, looking like happy meal toys.

More people prefer WoW's aesthetic to Souls. Legion's sales don't lie.

Theres a reason western studios dont just make 5 medieval fantasy games in a row.
Bioware did Dragon age, then Mass Effect
Bethesda did Skyrim series, then Fallout
CDPR did Witcher, then CP77

Talent in the studios get bored of the same thing, and consumers dont like buying same game over and over. Even ubisoft who did medieval focused game scattered modern day bs into it so its not monotomynous.

The first thing you see is a prerendered video about gods and dragons fighting in an apocalyptic hell-scape. You can also begin the game as a club-wielding, loincloth wearing shriveled corpse who cannot die. And the game drops a bus-sized demon on you within the first couple minutes of gameplay.

Real life can be quite colorful and pleasant and it often is, with glowing colored lights everywhere.

Exactly. Asians need to realize people are sick of fantasy, especially mmos makers. FF 14 looks like ass and so do all the korean mmos.

This isn't a popularity contest. My point was just that Dark Souls's style of fantasy is distinctly different than WoW's style. So when the user said "we've had enough of WoW", that doesn't really pertain to games like Dark Souls.

>. If you do cyberpunk you can get way more creative

>rainy street
>damp slum
>rainy skyscrapers
>dark alleys

yeah they can burst from creativity

WoW has been around for longer and so has accumulated a large fanbase.

>Cyberpunk isn't fantasy

???

You're limited. Try this in addition to what you listed:

>space station
>factory
>oil rig
>power plant
>steel mill
>underground science lab
>sewers
>highway
>aquarium
>japanese temple
>UFO crash site
>alien mothership

Meanwhile fantasy is just different variations of forests, castles, dungeons, and caves.

If they made it, due to its marketing it would be a western script driven cyberpunk game for western gamers, which is generally aesthetically shit.

The reason why its shit is because when it comes to cyberpunk the devs always copy the elements of blade runner, and sadly millennial crap like matrix as well, and intentionally get rid of those Japanese "cultural" aesthetics that originally were a lot in cyberpunk genre. They replace it with another shitty dudebro humors like yakuza bluh bluh and stereotypical asian figures in general.

Eventually it always ends up in another western cliches, dull modern american city based cityscapes and circumstances like CDprojekt one or Deviant Art tier shit art. So then, what if they make Japan based cyberpunk like GITS, snatcher, cybercity oedo and shit, of course NOBODY in the west would buy it except weebs.

Cyberpunk is science fiction
Mass effect is science fantasy

In the prerendered video, they present all the fantastical elements as twisted realities. The dragons look about as real as you can get considering dragons don't actually exist. But they're presented in a way that makes you think that perhaps they could exist.
The God is just a big old man with a white beard and rich clothes, backed by a bazillion of knights that wear armor one could conceivable craft, albeit a bit fancy with it's horns.

The witches are just chicks in robes creating flames.

Nito is just a big skeleton covered in other big skeletons. But the skeletons look to be proportioned like humans, they give the sense of proper anatomy, not like anyone is going to count the skeleton's bones or anything, but they appear like real skeletons.

You initial undead visage appears to have realistic anatomy. You can see the muscles and other flesh.

It's all seemingly realistic things, that have been twisted and contorted into this absurd image.

Seen all those locations plenty in video games. In fact, a lot of those locations are in fantasy games. Even science labs.

>Steel mill, oil ring, factory

Ya real diverse m8

>highway, Japanese temple.

Your commmintment to this shitposting crusade is admirable but it's shit like that where you slip up.

>But they're presented in a way that makes you think that perhaps they could exist.
I understand what you mean but the reasoning is stupid. The Undead Asylum is made from plain looking bricks therefore Dark Souls is 'realistic'. That's silly, but whatever. I'm not going to tell you to stop liking things.

Don't know who this "we" is but I am certainly not sick of it and would very much prefer they don't join the garbage bandwagon of late trying to make futuristic games something cool, which honestly they ain't.

Mass effect is high scifi, not science fantasy. You wouldn't call Star Trek science fantasy, would you?

nah, thanks, but i'd take one about space

Just make a Dune Souls-style game. It would be exactly the same solid gameplay, but with much more interesting visuals and designs.

>CP77

Do you mean Cyberpunk 2077? That's not out yet. Besides, Bioware and Bethesda are considered shit these days.

Aliens looking like humans in costumes is fantasy.
Science fiction tries to ground things in plausible science where aliens have a evolutionary history and "magic" doesnt exist.

fuck me it's this retard again

agree, dark souls is the best first person shooter i've ever played, the best part is when you kill santa claus in a strip club

I didn't say Dark Souls is realistic. I said it's grounds things in realism. There's a difference. The very second sentence in the post where I first made the statement, is acknowledging the game's absurd imagery. But just because the game has dragons and gods, doesn't mean that it's of equal distance from reality as other games with dragons and gods.

Cyberpunk 2077 user

can't wait for Bloodborne 2 with a quarter of the inspiration of the original

Cyberpunk is more about the feel rather than aesthetics.

Yeah needs more rainy factory roofs while rich people observe a gritty deathmatch or whatever that thread was

>Star Trek science fantasy
Catgirls just screams hardcore scifi.

>aliens looking like humans in costumes is fantasy
Okay user

>It's going to have the same engine as the witcher games.

how do you feel about his?

cyber ninjas laser swords dude parkour and complicated melee and shooter mechanics dude

I'm alright with it, it's a good engine. They said they're revamping the tools for 2077 and shit. Blood and Wind already showed improvement over the base game regions.

Something like this. I wouldn't mind them basically throwing a new setting/concept and a few new gameplay gimmicks over what is essentially the same basic game every few years. Until someone starts doing their formula better and outselling them, they'd basically be printing money. And a new setting/gimmick was exactly what bloodborne was and everyone fucking loved it

If you dislike my interpreation it takes at least 5 seconds to google a 2nd more reliable opinion as to what constituted as scifi or science fantasy.

Alchemy isn't science. Tossing some beakers full of green boiling shit, vials of bat wings, and glowing orbs doesn't make it a science lab.

I never saw a highway in a fantasy setting.

But that's already a video game being made by the creators of Pauldron Souls.

Even the devs for CoD realized futuristic is cooler.

Warhammer 40k is the greatest sci fi cyberpunk setting of all time.

Science is a method. And the setting in which science is exercised, have their own tropes. An alchemy lab is just the same as a science lab. Both are the tropy places where scientists conduct their research.

Do you think that in sci-fi games, the green beakers, and the blue LED lights mean anything?

The green beakers are good for the environment and the blue LEDS help your rig run cooler.

Alchemy isn't science, it's based in bullshit. People used to think diseases were caused by tiny demons for god's sakes.

Well in a way aren't viruses caused by tiny demons?
And in a fantasy world, couldn't tiny demons potentially exist?
Look, the gist of it is that the theme is the same. You can call it Alchemy or science, but they both revolve around the idea of conducting scientific experiments in a lab.
Also, half of the stuff in sci-fi settings are bullshit.

>Gamers Against Fantasy
I wasn't aware such sub-humans are able to exist under Holy Terra's atmospheric conditions

>Also, half of the stuff in sci-fi settings are bullshit.

It's still based on plausible science. Some dude in an "alchemy lab" tossing a bat wing and eye of newt into a breaker of green liquid to create a healing potion is retarded and makes no logical sense. That would be more like if a sci fi setting had some "scientist" throw a gear, an LED, and a motherboard into a box and a fucking nuclear bomb appeared as the result.

I'm pretty sure that from their 3 upsoming games that one is a spiritual successor to Dark Souls like Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls and King's Field before it but that it'll actually use new gameplay mechanics rather than basing it on the Demon's Souls template again. Then there's a reboot of an old IP and a brand new IP that Miyazaki says is weird even by From standards. One of them has VR support and will release next year as well.

No, it's more like when someone types nonsense on a computer screen, runs the protocol through the matrix, and then eureka! They figured out how to put a stop the magnetic interference that's blocking the communication with the satellite.

>it'll actually use new gameplay mechanics rather than basing it on the Demon's Souls template again.

I hope so, they need to use platinum games style combat

>you've done mecha for like 12 games now

They made Armored Core before the Souls games, user. And there are way more of them.

yeah from soft really needs to try their hand at the mech genre

Not this dude again.

Beats generic dark evil castle in bad vile forest.

Why not both at the same time? Miyazaki wants to do it.

>Much of the interview, in fact, revolves around what sort of From projects Miyazaki might like to work on besides Dark Souls -- a new Metal Wolf Chaos game, for example, or some sort of new mech game mixing the design sensibilities of From's Dark Souls and Armored Core games.

>"You know, we actually released a Dreamcast game pretty similar to that concept, named Frame Gride," Miyazaki told Vice. "It's a mix of fantasy and mecha genres, both of which I love working on. I'd love to work on a game that evokes the same themes as anime series like Aura Battler Dunbine and The Vision of Escaflowne, but it would be incredibly difficult to do so. I want to work on a game like that, but other people at From Software would think that would be an impossible idea."

Sounds awful. Escaflowne was stupid as fuck.

I would be okay with this, but only if it uses either a horror, or Lovecraft inspired horror style like Bloodborne as the premise.

but those are the best kinds of evil castles

No, it needs to be sci fi, no fantasy show.

Skyscrapers in cyberpunk cities>>>>>>castles

Just stop souls.

Holy shit. Maximum shitposting.

Dear op.

Fuck you. Steam punk is for fucking neckbeards.

No, no one prefers fighting robots over demon

You can go fuck yourself, OP.

Sincerely,
user

>Cyberpunk 2077

>No, it needs to be sci fi, no fantasy show.

Horror isn't fantasy exclusive.

I've been saying the next gta should be in space. Plasma rifles, space stations, starships... Would be mayhem.

>Lack of creativity.

user Lol league has the "magic and technology mixed" aesthetic down pat. Pic related is a "brought back to life" cyborg useing necromancy and technology. And dawngate WAS original at least untill EA fucked them up the ass.

GTA always has criminal protags. Why the hell would they be on a Space station/Starship?

Cause its the future. Space criminals. Stealing valuable resources or some strange artifact. You're always some guy that falls back into a life of crime. It's really not that tough. Just gotta figure out how the mechanics for jacking a starship in space would work. I imagine a world similar to cowboy bebop.

Dark souls in a gigantic space station dead space style would be great

Fuck you op i want dark soul 4 with extra meme

>In other words souls games have no real combos

And why do you want 'true' combos in the first place. May as well have one player breakdance while the other sits and watches.

I expect that Space piracy would be part of the side quests.

What if 'magic' does exist though? Why should it matter genre wise though? Nobody knows how a dilithium hyper-drive would work.

this one looks interesting gameplay wise but i really don't like the artstyle. One of the best selling points of the souls series (and bloodborne) is the amazing and weird artstyle and monster design. This looks too bland and generic, i would have preferred something more like Blame! for a futuristic setting

surge looks ok. I feel like something is missing though

>90 thousand future sci-fi shit games everywhere
>RTS and 4x have been consumed by future space bullshit
>Shooters are all future aliens shit
>Not even dark souls, the only single fucking game where you can fight using a god damn pike is free from futuristic annoyance

Go play literally anything else, leave souls as it is

Please don't weeb up my dark souls