I only played fable 1

I only played fable 1
What are fable 2 and 3 like?

I only played a bit of 3, and outside of combat flowing decently, everything was shit.

>Hero weapon morphing as you leveled up was interesting, but out of direct control and permanent
>Less of a reason to use unique weapons yet not ideal since you can't control it
>Magic reduced to "shoot ball of X with X gauntlet" with some interesting effects based on combo elements + charge, but nothing as unique as the first game
>Emotes run into the ground, became longass animations you had to do to kiss up to everyone dispite being famous
>World map ugly and only in-person navigation is some useless breadcrumb trail
>Lackluster plot that makes the focus less on being a hero and more on being a monarch
>Game feels very linear, as if you're playing through levels, as opposed to taking on missions in 1

Heard mixed things about 2, but I know it was a lot better than 3.

Shit

2 is cool

Don't pick up 3

both are shit

The series peaked at The Lost Chapters.
Fable 2 has its moments, but it's not a satisfying sequel.
Fable 3 had a couple of cool environments and ideas, but that's about it.
>TLC> Fable 1 >Fable 2 >Fable3

any compelling RPG > Fable: TLC > Fable 2 > Fable 3

Fable 2 is Shit
Fable 3 is worse shit
Fable 1 was great

never played 3
2 is decent, it's a case of "two steps ahead, three steps backward"
some things like managing real estate and getting married are a lot smoother and more developed but the game lacks a lot of the charm and "comfy" feel of the first game and some things (like trophies and boasting) aren't in it
it also kinda fucked up the lore which i think is why fable as a series died so hard, instead of the great heroes guild from the first game you're a special snowflake and the "last hero" who has the uncanny ability to use melee weapons, ranged weapons AND magic
for real, a major part of the story is finding the other three living "heroes" who excel in one of those three things each and you're the last airbender or some shit who has the magical ability to use both a sword and a gun AT THE SAME TIME
i do recommend playing fable 2 if you liked the first one if only because you can probably get a copy for like 5 dollars and it's still pretty decent though not as good as the first

2 is a a lot of fun but has a "The Sims" feel to it. Not a bad complaint though as it does it quite well.
3 is absolute garbage. They scrapped everything that made the game good for crazy Molyneux ideas.
>What if the player WAS the inventory screen?
>What if the climax was just the beginning?
>What if the player could really INTERACT with NPCs?
>What if you could transform into a glorious angel or a demonic devil?
(No really, that's a thing)
>What IF we spent all of our budget hiring well renowned actors to fill minor rolls?
>What if social interactions with NPCs were dumbed down to 2-3 randomly selected emotes?

i haven't played fable 3 but to be fair user in the earlier fable games dialogue wasn't much more sophisticated than fart/"Shit!"/pelvic thrust
best part of the series imo familglia

And don't even get me started on how Peter rams "NOW YOU CAN REALLY HOLD HANDS WITH SOMEBODY" down your throat. Most side quests involve having to hold someones hand and pull them some place but the AI is down right fucking retarded.

I played this game while I had the flu and not even delirium could make me enjoy it

2 is kino

Two was pretty good.

If Ftlc was a 8,5/10 Fable 2 would be a 7/10-7,5/10.

Don't go near 3, it's just evil.

3 had a scene that was kind of un-nerving and that's all I remember about it.

Oh it's much worse than that. user. Now sometimes your only option will be fart/chicken and the NPC will like it. Now you can hold down and balance the emote (like manualing in Tony Hawks) to gain more points. So you have your epic hero carrying out a 40 second fart and the woman fucking swoons afterwards.

They fucking ruined magic in 3.

Just mix two elements to make a huge fucking tornado that kills everything.

IIRC it was mostly just choosing "positive" or "negative" emotes with no choice of which emote you did, and you had to hold it for a lengthy half minute.

2 is 2 steps forward 3 back.
3 is 2 steps forward 20 back.

I want a woman to squat and piss on my face

everyone who started with fable1 thought fable2 was shit.
everyone who started with fable2 thought fable 2 was pretty decent. (i started with 2 and i still like it)
But everyone agrees fable3 wasnt good at all.

Gameplay got worse and worse

What does Fable 2 do that's better than Fable 1? Is the story even more interesting? I thought the fairy tale charm and fairy tale level morality of the first game was just right.
Fable 2 tried to get all political and killed everything.

bugged

TRY TO GET YOUR COMBAT MULTIPLIER EVEN HIGHER

Fable 3 might be the worst RPG I've played.

If Fable is a 7/10, then Fable 2 is a 5/10 and Fable 3 is a 2/10.

Underrated post