What do you think of Diablo I Cred Forums?

What do you think of Diablo I Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
youtube.com/watch?v=BODYxesJLVo
youtube.com/watch?v=B8klPYjS3ws
youtube.com/watch?v=XcVccWwJM-A
youtube.com/watch?v=mgI-zHLQt2c
youtube.com/watch?v=CdpBFsi2Gg4
youtube.com/watch?v=1cH8ZwL3A7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was fun

I wish I could play it on modern pcs with a controller

Fuck you it controlled well on ps1 even if it was a shitty gimp version

The only game of its genre I actually enjoyed. Great ambience and music.

had fun with it

the game or series?

Good music, art, FMVs. Terrible gameplay, a dumbed-down real-time version of the most boring major roguelike. Really outdated nowadays.

Couldn't play it, my parents banned it for religious reasons.

was amazing for its time. the sound effects and general affect of the gameplay are still worth studying/following by other developers. some of the most fun i ever had gaming, and the first one had a darkness and seriousness about it that was lost.

obviously some of the greatest game music of all time.

you can with steam controller

amazing memories with that game back in like '97 and '98

an acquired taste though, imo

Bestest atmosphere
Fond memories

Pretty sure that shit won't work on modern rigs

Love it

Diablo I - Rated NC-17
Diablo II - Rated R
Diablo III - Rated PG

new computer user, huh? just came fresh off the consoles?

PC doesn't lose games as time goes on. You can always play everything. Diablo is trivial to play. fucking battle.net is still running for it even

i must have imagined the dungeons full of bloody gory dead bodies in multiple locations in the game

battle.net is about to change :(

RIP blizzard north

it will still run for diablo and even if it didn't it wouldn't matter.

What was your first thought when you saw it?

>battle.net is about to change :(

What? What do you mean? Will this effect Diablo 2?

>Fresh meat!

CLOSE THE DOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think it's just getting rebranded. Not changed necessarily.

Don't like it as much as D2 or Nox

Still one of the best nostalgic games for me together with the above and HOMMIII.

I can't imagine a game like this coming out in this day and age without being labeled "edgy" and ignored by the masses entirely, no matter how good it would be.

>I can't imagine a game like this coming out in this day and age without being labeled "edgy" and ignored by the masses entirely, no matter how good it would be

what a stupid illogical opinion. as if "edgy" is a reason that people ignore anything

people ignore bad gameplay. trying to have an oldschool clout sounding opinion just makes you sound stupid as shit

DURR IT 2 EDGY, PEOPLE WUDNT WIKE IT

i like it a lot, i kinda wish that diablo 2 and its million clones were more like diablo 1 in the whole "pseudo roguelike" feel where the game was more about surviving and winning than later games in the genre which are basically fancy slot machines

Better than D2 and D3 because of exactly what said.

You don't get it do you? There's countless RPG's out there today, releasing a modern Diablo 1 would only have atmosphere and rogue-like as it's selling points.

You'll get countless morons screaming that they're just trying to be as "edgy" as they can and rogue-likes don't sit well with current teenagers.

That was my point.

Pretty great. The expansion broke the game though.

It does, all you have to do in Windows 7 is to leave the "Screen Resolution" window open while playing the game. Somehow it fix all the problems of colors.

Never played hellfire. What was it like?

Agreed, a modern diablo 1 clone that has the atmosphere and game design, with some fixed up mechanics and more stuff like more spells and items and skills would btfo every game in the genre.

I played it as rogue. Then I got to the catacombs, got swarmed by a million skeletons, and found out that you dont just lose money like in D2.

>and found out that you dont just lose money like in D2.

>not playing D2 on hardcore mode
>not dealing with the daily threat of lag leading to death
>not suffering like the rest of us

>lag leading to death
There is nothing remotely healthy or desirable about this kind of "challenge".

fucked drop rates to pad out the terrible new content

new areas made by a different team that doesn't mesh with the rest of the game.

>Fuck you it controlled well on ps1
The fucking game had input lag, even with those graphics.
Aiming was an utter catastrophe.

well with hardcore you know youre getting fucked up bad if you die. If I knew the game would force me to load I would've been a lot more careful or at least save more often

Panicking, running away, being chopped up by the butcher, turning off the demo, and not touching it for a week.

When i first played it as a kid it actually scared me. It remained forever my favorite art style in a fantasy game. I wish we had more games that look like this instead of the same cartoony garbage we get. The music and atmosphere are godly, i doubt we will get anything close to this these days. Designers just don't have the passion they used to have.

>memories of your body on the floor and the butcher still swinging the cleaver intensifies

Why did my parents let me play that?

A lot of holy shit fuck panic crap scary NOPE that I can't fully remember. But it was a major highlighted experience for me in the game.

How may I serrrrrrrrve you?

Wasted my puberty on this game back then and it didn't age well just like me.

>You now hear the sound of the hacking hitting the air or missing
>Hauh
>Hauh
>Hauh

Aged liek shit.

I will always fucking hate Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 for ruining the Diablo 1 atmosphere.

It was this perfect blend of Gothic and Christianity. You have a King, a Prince, an Archbishop, and the Devil.

You have skeletons, Holy Bolts and Norman looking weaponry. Classes were simple, Warrior, Rogue, Wizard.

Now you have fucking faggot "The light" yellow spells everywhere, Angels that are actually in the game and are just faggoty floating pieces of armour. Demons that aren't scary but scream of PG-13 budget.

Diablo should be fucking gory not "NEPHALEM"

Whats the general opinion of POE among you vets?

I've only just tried it and have never touched a diablo game.

This whole Nephalem memery in Diablo 3 pissed me off. They tried to create a whole world by stretching the minimal plot elements from 1 and 2.

First time i heard
>Ahhh fresh meat
I almost pissed myself
Shit is so cash I sometimes replay it, great atmosphere

Pretty good, only the modification of items with orbs is RNG af.

They added 1 new classes Monk (staves) and 2 unfinished classes in the files that you had to activate (Bard (can dual wield) and Barbarian (does not have Mana but can one hand carry double handed stuff and gain +1% resist all every level)

2 New dungeons (Hive and Crypt)

Couple of news quests, broken as fuck vendors who sell +stat potions, and a couple of new items type and spells.

It's worth it to play through it, but it's a broken expansion made by Sierra.

PoE is not very comparable to D1 because it's a gear-focused game about murdering million of mobs rather than surviving. Still, many of the skills are cool and I really like the passive tree. I found the 4th (final) act to be weak as fuck, but the game is mostly about endgame maps anyway.

great music
great atmosphere
good story
great voice acting
*click*click*click*click*click*

i still love the tristram town music

The best. The butcher running after you, and the almost haunting sounds of TristramĀ“s theme.

they had a lot of backstory in Diablo. Like skeletons were awoken by the hatred of mephisto. Even though mephisto never is around in the game itself. The story was simple but good. The problem is that they made it a lot more intrusive. In 1 you had the questgiver you had to listen to, but other townspeople, books and the instruction booklet were all optional and had some nice story elements. Same in 2. It doesnt force you to wait for some retard to introduce the butcher, no, it just suddenly lets the smith run at you. Yet again the stuff was optional. Only intrusive elements were the CGI parts inbetween. In 3 they had more CGI and slowed you down a lot more for exposition.

>tfw modern "horror" indie games blatantly try to imitate Tristram's theme

They retconned the sin war storyline in diablo 3. That trigged me the most.

I don't like it. In my opinion, pretty much every aspect of the game is a mess. It has all the negatives of Diablo 2 and none of the positives.

Yes. That is a cow alright.

My brother and I want to play this multiplayer over the Internet, last time I tried that I couldn't find a good way to it, what's the best way to go about that Cred Forums?

>PC doesn't lose games as time goes on.
No, you just have to spend a weekend finetunig Dosbox (if it's not some AAA game everyone wants to play with tutorials how to run it on w7+).

Diablo 2 still had a lot of great art and atmosphere and saying it silly

remember about belzebub mod

D2 had some great gothic parts but at other parts it wasnt as cool. Best parts were:
>sisters catherdral
>harem
>corrupted cathedral in act 3
>act 4
Most of act 3 and 2 were terrible. Instead of dungeon crawling dark action shit it was open and light and big

Every monster in this game has an oddly satisfying death. The noises, the animations, I never tire from the Scavenger's death rattle.

Also
Pleease! no hurt, no kill! Keep alive and next time good bring to you!

>the first one had a darkness and seriousness about it that was lost.
I thought 2 did good in that department too though

Hamachi and LAN?

>oh look, it takes effort to play old games on new machines but it's doable (opposing to consoles)
>bad thing
hah, peasants

member hd

Diablo 2 also had some serious drums in so many song.

youtube.com/watch?v=BODYxesJLVo

It was the first major game you played with all your buddies online

The atmosphere was amazing.the Dupping glitch improved the game, TK meant town killer

I'm not the milkman

Hamachi I think.
Both of you need to play warriors. Projectiles don't discriminate friend from foe so rogue and sorc will fuck up the warrior.

That moment when drums and howling guitar starts
youtube.com/watch?v=B8klPYjS3ws

Matt Uelmen moved on to Runic Games and composed Torchlight 1 and 2. And he's working on Hob too from what I know.
Torchlight 1 town
youtube.com/watch?v=XcVccWwJM-A
Torchlight 2 Camp Dawn
youtube.com/watch?v=mgI-zHLQt2c

Moo.
I said Moo.
Look, I'm just a cow, okay?

Enjoyed both of those games. Shame multiplayer in 2 was so wonky at times.

In diablo 3 i had to have a playlist with the D1&D2 ost. Fuck that game that shit on so many levels.

youtube.com/watch?v=CdpBFsi2Gg4

Funny thing is, there is actually a Cow Level in Diablo 1 and the devs did a great job to deny it.

Yeah, and in hellfire you can get the bovine armor.

Only really good thing about that expansion.

Why didn't they kill him?

"I lost my dolly! Please find my dolly! The monsters too it over there"

Woah tits

There is no actual Cow level in Diablo 1. There is a Cow Quest though.

So they could kill him off in 3 by a boss taken out from a power rangers movie.

>So they could kill him off in 3 by a boss taken out from a power rangers movie.

Too soon user.

D1 was fucking fantastic. The atmosphere sound design etc is all godlike. The gameplay was fun as hell at the time and still holds up for me. I really wish the series would have taken more directives from d1's direction, but that's just life I guess.

The Hell is a pretty fun mod for it if anyone cares.

>There is no actual Cow level in Diablo 1.
Look deeper.

Sitting up late night, with a pair of headphones back then, and this beings to kick in as you descend below Tristham

youtube.com/watch?v=1cH8ZwL3A7Q

horadrim fucked up the three prime evils. So when they got back in power they felt that letting him slowly die was the least they could do

I got it for PC when I was 10ish and it was really hard, I barely got past the butcher.
Couple years later, friend told me about D2 and the expansion, got pretty into that with him.

Can you show me a video of the cow level in Diablo 1 ?

I remember seeing the cover art in store shelfs. Pretty sure many kids got turned down by mom and dad, that day.

Poor kids. My mom loved d1, but she was a big coward and everything scared her so she had trouble progressing.

Not sure why on earth my parents let me and my brothers play that shit. It fucked me up for life.

Tha-thanks mom!

It was fun. Great atmosphere at the cathedral and the inferno, the caves are shit.

It's in my top six.

Most atmospheric game I've ever played.

Shit's straight up claustrophobic. I love it.

How so?

>not having a christian father that supports you killing demons.

ItĀ“s like we are back in 1997 again. Now we just need the fake cow level picture to show up too.

I actually discovered Diablo 1 while going to the library. I open the computer to go on the internet and see that weird demon icon on the desktop. I ask what it is, and the girl just says, "click on it, you'll see"

And that was my first encounter with Diablo 1. Got my parents to buy it after that.

The game? I loved it as a kid. It was scary as fuck, I still remember the feeling of playing it. The dark halls, the spooky skeletons and the greatest fucking ambient soundtrack ever made. I wish they could make something today that had the same sense of dread.

>make k-on image
use 2 of the 3 worst girls
why

So do i. But i really dont wanna see another Diablo or warcraft RTS out of Blizzard. They lost touch with the legacy games they made.

>So do i. But i really dont wanna see another Diablo or warcraft RTS out of Blizzard. They lost touch with the legacy games they made.

At least they didn't fuck up StarCraft 2.

I unironically enjoy playing current Diablo 3. It's a good game. I hope they learn from the mistakes of early D3 and announce D4 at this blizzcon.

My favorite game of all time. Played it since I was in elementary school all the way to college. Now I need to pay it again. Thanks, Cred Forums.

All keions are terrible.

A game in the vein of D1 would be possible but it will either end up as shitty 8bit style or cartoony like all the other ARPGs (torchlight etc). Hardest part would probably making shit look grotesque without being overly gory with good graphics. Usually the grainy raw sprites of old games work better for that. Also light radius would be tough as it will likely feel too dark and too slow

I dont get why people dont like the cartoony look of Torchlight.

> diablo 1 series
what?

It's fine for what it is, but it doesn't have 1/10th of the atmosphere d1 did.

D1 is a happy accident. It was supposed to be a Claymotion Turn based RPG.
But cartoony does not remove the atmosphere. Same with light, you dont need to be in full darkness all the time for the game to have a great atmosphere.

It's generally harder to have a more scary / intense atmosphere with a cartoony artstyle. And no you don't, but torchlight doesn't have a great atmosphere in my opinion, it feels bland.

Because it's not all that graphically impressive with how they scale back detailed texture and model work to double down on the cartoony-aesthetic style. Most of the foundation of the genre was built on a diametrically opposed visual style too, which doesn't help much.

If you weren't 100 % on board with that style, and prefer something darker, or wanted something more realistic looking you had other games that would look better. With D3 coming out months before you could also argue that there was a better "Top Gun compromise" to appeal to those who wanted some stylized cartoonish aesthetic while also hitting moderately dark tones and atmosphere.

I feel that atmosphere and just "dark" is not the same thing. You can have a great atmosphere with a cartoony style, and the big benefice is that replaying a cartoony game 10 years later is much easier than a "real" one.

Look at Diablo 3. It look pretty bad for a 5 year old game.

>>Look at Diablo 3. It look pretty bad for a 5 year old game.
because it didnt push graphics at all. Blizzard makes games that run on toasters, not eyecandy

Yes, but it still look pretty bad, even for a "cartoony" game. Diablo 1 and 2 are also both bad looking compared to other ARPG of the era.

I agree with you, today everything can't be truly horrific like Diablo III, the graphic is everytime cartoonish and everything is full of stupid meme cit. for the players.

>make game for toasters
>yeah but it looks bad
yes thats my point. They made it look bad so everyone could run it

There are tons of games made for toasters that look still good even 10 years after it was made for toasters.

Looking bad =/= Performance
Torchlight 2 run on toasters too and it look much better.

About Diablo 3 - everybody says that Reaper makes the game great. What does it actually add or change? I have only played the base game on PS3.

Diablo 1 is absolutely beautiful, still one of the strongest atmospheres of all time. I too was mad for a while when Diablo 2 came out because it wasn't all gloomy death dungeons anymore, but only for a while, because, as we all know, Diablo 2 is still the best hack&slash / arpg of all time.

Reaper added an Adventure mode that make the game replayable. You do quests in random order, and different ones everytime. So everytime you play you do something a little different. If you clear an act of the 5 quests like that, you get a chest with good items and a bonus one if you went for the right act.

It fixes problems with loot, stats and ect. It's still not great, but it's good enough to play.

What arpg from the era of d1 looks better?

ARPG wise, Secret of Mana for example, but for Diablo "clones"?
Darkstone is the earliest I could find and it's from 2000.

you think THAT looks better than D1?

Holy shit I forgot about Dark Stone, but neither of those look nearly as good as Diablo.

>I feel that atmosphere and just "dark" is not the same thing.
Sure, maybe they aren't. I'll give you that much, those words are used to ambiguously around here for me to know what they precisely mean.

>You can have a great atmosphere with a cartoony style, and the big benefice is that replaying a cartoony game 10 years later is much easier than a "real" one.
Yeah, that's typically the benefit of more cartoon, silly aesthetic games. They usually have lower poly count modeling and simpler textures, but it's supplemented by unique, silly effects that are not common in most games and are therefore refreshing to look at. The problem is that TL2 looks like a budget cartoon game at this point and I've found the abilities in there are hit and miss visually with some summons looking nice and others like placeholders you'd see in the alpha or beta of a game. One of the summons looks like a placeholder model from Paragon.

Sure D3 doesn't look amazing by today's standards, but I'd argue it still looks "okay" to "good" because there's still detail in the styling and it you can see where they were going.

TL2 in all the screenshots and videos I can find looks too simplistic in it's models and textures. It looks like an upgraded isometric Runescape at times. The characters are angular and blocky, as is the world geometry and the textures do little to add any sense of complexity or really show where the artists wanted to take the look. It just looks like they got half-way through and said "let's just stop here". There aren't crazy shading techniques used, there aren't really flashy effects on skills relative to other ARPGs.

Maybe I'm unintentionally cherry-picking here, I just grabbed screenshots off of google, but I'm presuming the D3 and TL2 shots are both at their respective maximums graphically (I think the 1st TL2 is from their website so it should be). I couldn't find many 1080p screens of TL2 that weren't just zoomed in views of personal player characters.

This doesn't look remotely as good as d1 man. Secret of mana looks pretty good but they're entirely different aesthetics and genres.

would be the best diablo if it wasn't for the painfully slow backtracking

best atmosphere
best music
best foreshadowing story
best difficulty

They are both ARPG's though. But yeah not the same goals.

having open areas were a nice change from diablo 1 but yeah, they overstayed their welcome.

I still think the gothic atmosphere was well done in d2. D3 on the other hand went full warcraft with big pauldrons, buff as fuck characters and colorful artstyle. I mean the base game didn't even include a knight cast in an rpg where you fight fucking satan himself.

>Harrogath.
The best fucking expac zone ever.
Fuck why were all the D2 act towns so fucking good?
>Lut Gholein desert comfy.
>Kurast comfy fuck the actual act itself though
>Pandemonium chillin with Tyrael before he was a nigger
>Harrogath home of the Barbarians helping them climb the mountain.
Fuck it was all so good.
I miss Cred Forums.net.

>Games will never have amazing in-laid covers BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL DIGITAL NOW.

>Paladin is white on the cover
What did tehy mean by this?

Not him, but how does purchasing new consoles somehow make your old console not work? You already have the game and the console, so what's the problem?

Is there any action hacknslash game like diablo, but you play as a 'bad guy' killing normies and soldiers?

Different user but I've been in a weird shitty gaming rut. Whenever I tried to play older games/emulated games I feel like 'what's the point' and that cause it's not 'online' or recent I shouldn't even bother. Help me Cred Forums.Recently I've atleast been able to finish SR: Dragonfall and just started SR: HongKong

I've been having the same problem lately
Maybe we're just not enjoying and need a break

the paladin isn't black anyway, he's south american

>>Only really good thing about that expansion.
bard

Real honest to god question: Are you a stay at home NEET who just plays video games all the time? No other hobbies besides video games? Are you in your early 20's?

Because all of these are signs of being a tremendous faggot, and you need to accept that video games aren't the only thing you can do with your life. Stop following video games, and just fucking play them from time to time. It isn't an accident that the most enjoyable experiences you probably have with games are during a period in life when you needed to make time for them.

Also, being a PC only fag will 100% kill all joy you have with vidya. Buy a goddamn console, loosen the fuck up, and have fun with turning into some nu-male analysis tryhard with everything you play.

They meant you should probably kill yourself.

No, I'm 21, with classes to attend and have a PS4 and PS2. Like, one year ago I used to play just as much as I do now and had fun.

This really.
I Go months without playing anything because i have to many shits going on, and dont feel like i should be playing vidya, then go entire weeks shutting myself from the outern world just playing vidya.

its kinda strange.
Try playing Boardgames with friends or go to the pub in the meantime, you will start enjoying videogames again.

>early 20's
There you go, user. So how about those hobbies? What else do you do?

better than d2 and d3
its slower
the build up is more fun
items are rare
every move counts instead of spam the shit out of this shit
brings new concepts to the table

enjoyed it more than anything blizzard

A little aged now, but it still has a god tier sense of gloom and impending doom.

Actually you're right about that, aside from just gathering with friends and chatting I don't have any outdoor hobbies, other than that I'm just learning a language and taking care of my animals, if that can be called a hobby

I installed D1 recently on win 8.1 and it worked fresh off the bat. Played until the Hell levels (back when I was a kiddo I was too scared to beat the Catacomb levels) and then realised I've become too casual to grind until I can beat Hell without dying every 2 rooms so I stopped. Guess I'll never walk through this fucking game. I love it anyways.

Taking care of animals is great, so long as you feel like you are learning and getting something out of it.

Honest to fucking god, pick up jogging. When you get bored of a game, and the weather is nice, just go for a jog. It's healthy for you, you start feeling alive after doing it for a few months, and for some reason it has helped me have more fun with vidya, for whatever reason.

You could also smoke weed before playing literally anything, but I'd totally understand if you wouldn't want to fuck with that route.

Best version is the PS1 version with swedish dub

That's not how hotseat works

no

the original MOUSE CLICKAN GAEM

No I work a part-time job. But that's about it and even then I still have loads of freetime I just waste away here. And I waste all my money on stupid shit cause I'm a very impulsive buyer.
I'm bored with part-time work though so I'm debating on whether I can afford some CC classes if I get another job or just enlist in the Navy

+ fantastic atmosphere
+ masterful audio integration
+ just the right amount of stats/roleplay/items
+ amazing visual tone

- tedious clickfest after a while

I played Diablo 1 on PS1 with my brother and my mom. We would hand the controller back and forth every time we died.

It's one of my happiest memories.

Imagine how much happier I was when we all got Diablo 2 and went through the game together for the first time.

My mom didn't get the point of doing it again on higher difficulties, though.

>Also, being a PC only fag will 100% kill all joy you have with vidya.
Elaborate.

Succubus

>Family could only afford one game but had two computers.
>Would play lan games with the game shared between computers but only one could get online.
>Dad, older brother, and myself all get through it by ourselves though. Brother got real into the ladder scene. Would always take up most of the game time.
>Dad beats it with a FotH pal, my brother and I both rocked Necros.
Those were happier times.

I like the "Huge labyrinth that gets more and more fucked as you progress" structure more than the other two.

Even though the gameplay in Diablo 2 is better, Diablo 1 has the best atmosphere in the series and to date it's one of my favorite games. It makes me sad to see how far Blizzard has fallen.

>ywn be bored one afternoon after school
>ywn hear that nostalgic music coming from downstairs and boot up your game to join your dad
>ywn be joined by your sister who wants to get in on the action
>never again will the three of you go demon slaying as a family

I miss those times.

[SPOILER]I had infravision cast first time I saw it

bestdiablo game

Maybe it's time to start your own family to play games with user.

Which would involve becoming involved with a member of the opposite sex or grabbing a regift from the orphanage. Doubt either will work out well.

PC gaming is a huge bait and switch. At first you are wowed and mezmorized at the good resolution and higher framerates. Shooters play a lot better once you get used to it, and RTS-like games are finally a thing. Not to mention Steam sales being sweet.

But once you get past the honeymoon experience, have bought all the games you would want for it, and realize that framerate/resolutions don't make games much better, you come to find that the lack of local co-op, the ease of plug and play, the simpler times of just playing a game for what it is instead of chasing frames/resolutions or graphical features was far more charming. Most people I knew growing up hit the PC route around 18-22, and all of them eventually went through their "PC master race" phase, just to get burnt out and reverting back to consoles around their late 20's when they realized being an elitist prick over vidya is tiring and isn't any fun.

Personal experiences, mind you, but consistent ones. Pic unrelated.

Give it a try. Don't be afraid to fail. Life is too short to worry so much.

>when you got your first set of plate and the graphic changed

orgasmic desu

Getting my Arkaine's Valor was way more orgasmic, especially when you're surrounded by the hidden ones.

That's from '99 actually and looks pretty good for that time. Sound design could've been better though.

I can top that
>The Grandfather drops and the Wizard just ran straight past it

Here's what I think about D3.

D1 and D2 are as close as vidya can get to perfection.

>playing with my little bro
>we get to the floor the butcher is on
>I stop talking and tell him to take the lead
>AHHH FRESH MEAT
>as soon as he sees the butcher approaching him he takes off running out of dungeon leaving me to die

Fuking fantastic game. Great atmosphere, visual and sound design.
One of my favorites of all time.

Dunno, didn't read.

Same here. I still played it in secret though. Yet they bought me Diablo 3 for my birthday though, go figure. Now I'm the one who bans Diablo games.

loved tha game, had my own clan, killing randoms on bnet, fun times, probably my first vidya addiction

Overrated edgelord trash with 3 bosses in total if you're lucky.

This explains a lot

>Butcher
>Leoric
>Gharbad the Weak
>Chamber of Bone
>Halls of the Blind
>Warlord of Blood
>Archbishop Lazarus
>Diablo

Okay.

I was born in 1992 in Poland and during my childhood consoles were an overfluous luxury while a lot of middle-class families were buying their first family PCs because it was this mystical "all-in-one" device. So I've had one PC or another for all my life while only seeing consoles (apart from Russian NES knock-offs) at my friends' houses. So I guess it's kinda the reverse than what you said for me, but I get what you're saying. I myself am put off by the mustard race dudes obsessing over muh FPS, OC and stroking their dicks over newegg confs. I just want a pre-built PC that will run the few games I'm really waiting for fluently and so they don't look as shit. And then after beating them I'm back to playing some nostalgiafag shit or other stuff that will run on toasters (CS, Mount and Blade, San Andreas etc). I want to save up for a modern console in the next few years but I guess I won't get the whole experience because I hardly have anyone to couch multiplayer with.

Masterpiece, the pinnacle of its genre. Diablo 2 can't compare, it should never have emphasized the mob fighting over dungeon crawling and atmosphere

>getting all those in one run

that's not how it works you little shit

Some are mutually exclusive, but you certainly get more than three.

Nigga diablo 3 had a fuckton of gore. Just starting the game you can look at the corpse of a woman that's been eaten by zombies, and just a few steps further there are the corpses of a family that have been ripped apart by zombies. Man, wife and infant child included.

Reaper of Souls was mostly bones and withered corpses, but it was pretty grim with the whole soul sucking imagery going on 24/7. When you fight normal human enemies you can even split them apart in ridiculously gory ways.

Respawning mobs when you leave an area killed Diablo 2 for me.

Is there no working cheat engine/save editor for Diablo II? I wanna play it again but I don't want to grind for shit again.

Tyranids appear for no raisen.

They only respawn when you reset the game or restart the game.

Remember in Diablo 1 when your warrior could learn spells. Fuck skill trees.

Pillars just doesn't have a compelling enough story (it gets better, but it doesn't suck you in right away). If you try the Torment early access the difference is night and day.