>At this point I have bough nothing but games on release
>yesterday I decide to get Link Between Worlds on the 3ds, made in 2013
>Go to Gamestop
>Go to 3ds section
>New
>40 dollars
>used
>40 dollars
>ask cashier if this is correct... it is.
>Go on amazon
>40 dollars
>Go on Newegg
>40 dollars

What the fuck is going on? Have I taken crazy pills? Have I been spoiled by Steam? If a game is more than a year old, it should cost half as much as the original price. Three years old? Shit should be less than 10 dollars. What's going on?

>buying 3ds games

The original DS was like this too. Good thing you can just get a flash cart :*)

If you have a problem with price gouging, just hack your console and steal it.

Other wise, it's only 40 bucks man, and it goes on sale like every few months

nintendo games suffer huge mark up because they tend to not print very many

this has been the case since at least the gamecube days (see how much eternal darkness tends to go for)

that's just a first party Nintendo thing.

I don't know. Here in EU ALBW is in the Nintendo Selects line and it costs 20 euro. I've seen some offers at 12 euro too.

Try getting a copy of Soul Silver with a pokwwalker or a copy of action 52, I dare you.

>he didn't hack his 3DS

good nintendo first party games always never go down in price.

I'm too damn scared to brick the thing (Not OP)

It's a Nintendo game, they've been doing this for years. They're greedy af with their titles despite the decline in gameplay quality.

I remember buying Pikmin 2 used back in 2010. It was rare and cost 30$ or more even though it was 6 years old at that point.

>Implying 3DS games aren't good

I have a New 3ds at 11.0.0. I'm fucked. Considering the price of the games, I'm better off selling it.

Plus it's fucking great. I'm playing through it right now and it's incredible how much stuff you can get done before even going to the 2nd dungeon.

This.

>decline in gameplay quality
What the fuck?

>pay 200 dollars for a system that can't be upgraded
>they come out with a new one every 2 years
>the games never go down in price
>they cost fuckin 40 dollars
>it's a fuckin handheld

you sound like a beta cuck

there's no way you'd brick your console unless your literally retarded and can't read directions.

the chances of that happening are pretty much none
you'd have to be a special kind of retard to brick it

Last time I thought about doing it, there was like 197366 steps and I just went nope. Did it get easier to do?
Do I still need OoT or that weird ninja game? /hbg/ up to date?

>Did it get easier to do?
Yes.

Too bad your shit out of luck now if your are on 11.0.

Should of done it last year like everyone else cuck.

I only bought mine a few months ago so I guess I'm a retard.

There are a good amount of steps, it will probably take 2 hours or so
The /hbg/ guide is up to date, and if you have questions during the process they can help you out
Also, you need to be below 11.0 to downgrade

Hah, still glad i've got the Link between worlds OST on disc from club nintendo which was available for just one day. Was checking the site every day before the store went down.

Good first-party Nintendo games are generally in high demand, with few exceptions (one being the games with miis, although a lot of those weren't good) so their prices are high, and they have good replayability.

Nintendo (more specifically, Reggie Fils Amie) actually commented on this at some point recently, but I couldn't find him saying that after 5 minutes of google searching and I gave up.

That's because it was added to the Nintendo Selects collection which isn't the case for the US.

Do you bitch on steam about call of duty being anything other than free given the age of some entries?

I guess he actually meant that you can pirate them through Homebrew. Of course most of them are good.

A Link Between Worlds really is great though, and if you'd have to nostalgia fag pretty damn hard to call the other games great while calling this game bad.