Which is worse, Blighttown or New Londo?

Which is worse, Blighttown or New Londo?

Hardest? New Londo
Annoying and fucking bull shit level design? Blighttown. It's first grade thinking, OP.

You can just run past new London easy pz

Blighttown there is this fucking log that always causes you to slip and die.

Although you can skip blighttowwn very easily

I think that Blightown is great, New Londo with no_clip enemies is just lazy

Why skip? There are some pretty superb items down there that you can get. And besides, you need to enter that area to defeat Mildred and then defeat Quelaag.

Bitchtown
>mosquitos see you from halfway across the map
>only way to not be poisoned is gargoyle halberd and full thief set with rusted iron ring
>super dark
>took me three tries to find the bonfire
>had to return to firelink 4 times because of blowdart faggots

And Daughter of Chaos doesn't show up on warp menu so I have to walk from firelink if I have business there.

Blighttown

I never had much trouble in Blighttown, but the poison dart fags and the risk of death by falling forces you to go really slowly if you don't want to eat dicks. At least in New Londo all the ghosts die in like 1 hit anyway, but that might be because I did that area last.

Poisonbite ring, nigga

>log that causes you to slip and die
What? I've never met a log.

I get through Blighttown pretty easily and quick. It's not a good or fun level, but if you know what you are doing you rarely die and can also grab all items you want. New Londo on the other hand always gives me headaches. Those ghosts are just bullshit.

The pitch black giant skeleton cave. There's no worse area in video games.

I remember when I first played Dark Souls, I just fell down and lander five meters from the bonfire.
Luck must be on my side.

valley of defilement

>three boss souls worth for one map
Easier to just use remedy

Be safe, friend. Don't you dare go Hollow.

>skipping content

>tfw I didn't know that sending him down there would make him go hollow
I'm so fucking sorry, Laurentius
You were my best bro

You can still get invaded by Mildred an fight Quelagg by using the Master Key --> New Londo --> Valley of Drakes shortcut.

I like Blight Town. Toxic dart fuckers aside shit's fun to navigate and it's neat to look out over the swamp as you progress closer and closer to the bottom.

new londo is worse because of how god damn long it is
new londo is boring as fuck so i just sprint through it, but if you die once in new londo you go back to the beginning
blighttown on the other hand is just long and has poison

New Londo for sure

Blighttown would not be so bad if it weren't for the inexplicable performance issues

Blighttown: The poor performance ruined my initial run with the game.

Post your worst souls moment
>died with 12k souls and 1 humanity at Burg (before kicking down the ladder)
>hit a wrong key and walk off bridge just outside bonfire while fighting crossbow+sword hollows

Valley of defilement

Actually made my skin feel nasty and gritty

Just grab the spider shield from the depths first, poison never really troubled me at all in blighttown (apart from the swamp but you can just sprint and jump along the right path without too much trouble).

The mosquitoes are pretty fucking annoying though since you really do need a weapon with some kind of horizontal sweep to get them and they just take fucking ages to actually come at you from where they spawn and it's only one at a time as well it seems. Very irritating to kill one and then see another making its way towards you, it's just slow enough to be boring to wait for but just fast enough that I wouldn't want to risk moving from a safe spot just in case they come up behind me while I'm dealing with another enemy or something (at least that's on earlier playthroughs, mostly now I skip blighttown to save time unless I specifically want a weapon or item from the level).

>only 12k
come back when you've lost 300k+ with full humanity

new londo
blighttown is fun, new londo is just shit with a million ghosts coming though the walls everywhere

>Playing DS1 for the first time
>Helping at Queelag to fulfill the quota to lower the faith requirement
>Decide to try something during the battle
>Stunlock Queelag by shooting arrows into her torso
>Summoner kills her uncontested
>Check his profile
>Some old dude that was 60+

It was his first time fighting her, too.
I felt like I robbed him of the experience, and felt worse when I learned he was old because I felt like I was patronizing him.

>several million souls when i was fucking around in PVP then totally forgot I died once with fingers up
>also 99 humanity
Luckily it was just my shitty cosplay build and I was already at the level I wanted

I've grown to like them both, honestly. But the long path for Blighttown is still a shitfest with annoying blow dart snipers, obnoxious ladders, and terrible framerate.

Blighttown is a lot better in concept. The idea of a diseased, locked away place whose residents have been warped by rampant disease and filth and live on rickety wooden platforms above a swamp teeming with all sorts of nasty shit is actually great. Absolutely annoying to navigate, though.

New Londo's ghosts are incredibly annoying, but really not a threat. More than anything, the atmosphere there is amazing. A dark, flooded city filled with the souls of the damned, hiding the Abyss at its center. The ambient sound with that eerie clanging in the background was good sound design. And draining the water at last and exploring the lower area filled with piles upon piles of dead bodies, decrepit, dark buildings filled with Darkwraiths.

Tldr; Good concepts. New Londo executed it better than Blighttown.

>raped by poison bugs or raped by pointy ghosts

Don't feel bad.. Old people have no business playing video games. That's just my opinion. They should be busy enough writing their wills and ranting about politics at their weekly friday-night bingos.

Blighttown for me, New Londo is fun, good times farming titanite from dickwraiths

I like the atmosphere of New Londo more than Blighttown.

They're actually both great, you dork.

It's near the sewer cistern where the firekeeper soul and the fetishes are. You have to go over to it to get that red plague doctor set.

Blightown top part > new londo > blightown bottom part

I just wish New Londo had 2x as much content, because I really liked the atmosphere

shame that they ran outta budget

I was level 12 and 12k was three boss's worth. 300k post NG is meh mate.

No forget that shit

The atmosphere there was spooky as fuck, these things were genuinely unnerving. Thank god there were only a couple and they were easy to kill.

I invaded the same guy like twenty times in a row.

I'm not even sure how the fuck it happened, it's not like I only played it last week, so we were the only ones playing it, this was like a month after release, so there were still thousands upon thousands of people in each zone with humanity up, and near instantaneous summons and invasions.

I felt like I was bullying him. I know I made him lose a shit tonne of souls too, because when I invaded him another time, I killed him on his way to the area I killed him at before. Eventually I started cheesing him by using Dung Pies and Poison weapons. After like the 20th time when I finally didn't invade him, I checked his profile. He was a 14 year old kid, and he had quit the game after that. I kept checking his profile for like the next week, but I never saw him play Dark Souls ever again. I feel like I robbed him of something, and in the end, I feel like people like me are the reason why Dark Souls PVP kept getting more casual as the games kept progressing.

What has stunlocking her have to do with faith
Why is it important that he's old

>several million souls
How and why
You could buy, upgrade and level up everything by then

died to manus sl1 when he was one hit from death and i hadnt taken damage the whole fight

Neither, Tomb of the Giants it's way worse.

It was a cosplay build.

I was pretending to be generic Gladiator with my Pike, that giant round shield, shirtless with those weird pants and that hat. I didn't use anything else, and since it was just something I used for fun, the extra upgrades and souls and whatnot meant nothing to me.
I got so much from helping people and PVP'ing. Mainly PVP'ing. It was easy as fuck to get Souls in Dark Souls 1 by being at least a little good in PVP.

>not just going to Lost Izalith and getting the Sunlight Faggot first

haha

this is why when i kill the same user for the second or third time, ESPECIALLY if its a low level/twink build and the host never summoned, I just wave, black crystal out, and leave a white sign where i waved.

It's probably half bad luck that that happened and half down to the timing: the time taken for you to get back to your world and begin searching for another place to invade was just long enough for the guy you kept invading to respawn and reach a position where he was available for invasion again.

New londo had ghosts that could attack through walls
That was some of the gayest shittiest design ever.

>looking everything up instead of just winging it

I got drunk on the power, user. It felt so good hunting down the same guy over, and over. And it wasn't even a twink build. It was cosplay Marvelous Chester using Poison Throwing Knives because we don't have Bleed Throwing Knives. Eventually I got bored of my Crossbow to headshot him over and over and used a whip for fun.

It's always kind of hilarious to show a friend who's familiar with souls, but not the PvP, one of your PvP builds, and how utterly worthless souls end up being. I died in a fight and then got memed on on the way to pick up my souls (about a million, my friend's highest character was around level 60, so he'd never seen near that amount in his game) and my humanity (what I actually kind of cared about).

Dude flipped his shit about how much I lost, and was confused as fuck since I was only slightly miffed about losing the humanity.

It was pretty annoying but it was cool to see the whole going through walls thing you see with ghosts in movies and cartoons put in a game as a mechanic

Top of Blighttown is probably the best area in the game if you manage to run it at a playable framerate and you don't fall from that shit tree branch

>GFWL is dead

Do I have to buy dark Souls again on steam??

Both are great areas I unironically enjoy going through every time.

Lost Izalith on the other hand can go fuck itself.

If your GFWL was linked to your Steam, it'll be available on Steam. Pretty sure there was a limited window for retaining your game saves though, so you probably lost those. Same with achievements.

I always wondered what those pillars in Blighttown were supposed to be supporting. In my most recent playthrough, I realized you can see Blighttown from the Firelink graveyard, so I guess the pillars are supporting that. The way the world is put together still amazes me.

New Londo due to no bonfire making one of the toughest bosses in the game have an incredibly annoying run.

Oh thanks. I'm downloading it right now.

You don't even need master key, just get to valley of drakes through the darkroot basin shortcut

Who else go to the graveyard first on your first run?

Admit it.

Yup, and found the Zweihander. The rest is history.