How were you supposed to know that you had to take the stairs from Firelink Shrine and go to Undead Parish...

How were you supposed to know that you had to take the stairs from Firelink Shrine and go to Undead Parish? Why did they give you full access to the Graveyard and New Londo knowing damn well your ass was going to be shreaded?

It's called exploring, user.

Sounds like DS3 is more your style if having the ability to not use your brain is what you want

metroidvania

That and you're kind of told to ring the bell of awakening. From the look of the world, the nearest building that resembles a bell tower is up the stairs.

I think you mean dying 20 times before you realize this game is a trial-and-error type of thing.

You were supposed to by walking around. There's places to go you have not been to. So why not look around and see what they have? And as for why they are there.
Why not? There's items you can grab on both sides without dying if you simply git gud. You can even go to the catacombs just fine right away if, again, you simply git gud and have a blunt weapon to fend off the skeletons.
You are not meant to, but you can if you want a challenge that rewards you with random cool items from the start. What's bad about it?

No he means exploring and being cautious

The stairs to the Undead Burg were the first thing I noticed when I played Dork Souls for the first time.
I didn't even know about the Catacombs and New Londo until way later.
When people were talking about dying to skeletons near Firelink, I just thought they meant the hollow guys on the way to Undead Burg

because fuck you

>Hmm, I can't seem to defeat these skeletons after everything in the tutorial died in two hits, and if I do they just reassemble.
>And I can't fight these ghosts at all, nor enter Blighttown...
>Ah, this stairway path takes me to a level full of the tutorial enemies and few environmental obstacles! THIS must be the way to go.
Basic fucking problem solving, more or less.
Shit-eating retards like you are the reason DaS3 had a total of one fucking path through the entire game and why DaS2 doesn't become difficult until halfway in.

It's to make you learn to explore .

If one area is kicking your ass your instinct should be that maybe that isn't where you're supposed to go.

So you explore and find the other routes. This isn't rocket science.

I died quite a few times when I first played dark souls because I kept trying to go to the graveyard at first. Then I found out you were supposed to take the stairs up to the parish instead, and from then on the game was fairly easy

artificial meme difficulty to give off the "DUUUUDE SO HARD" reddit impression

>at firelink shrine
>obvious straight path to the next zone
>get gangraped by skeltals
>DUUUUUUDE SO HARD WOAH OMG
>find tiny hidden path around the mountainside to the burg
>DUUUUUUDE EPIC LEVEL DESIGN BRO

honestly, dark souls was just jam packed with meme design choices that would only impress an eight year old - and yet it managed to impress 99% of Cred Forums. really makes you think, huh?

I actually went deprived and did the graveyard + catacombs first. Blunt is OP against skeletons. I didn't see the stairs to the Undead Parish until beating Pinwheel, then attempting New Londo.

You only die that many times if you're bad honestly, once you learn the moveset of your weapon and how to dodge/block efficiently things become super simple. You shouldn't die to any of the enemies, some bosses excluded, before learning their movesets and how to kick their asses and counter them with your own moveset. I feel like Demon's Souls, my first souls game, had a better starting level and because I cleared that game I had no issues with Dark Souls. Also listen to other anons, if you can't handle that path look else where to go.

Are you seriously blaming the game because you didn't check all three starting paths and couldn't figure out which one had the easiest enemies? I felt like the biggest dunce after seeing the path to the berg after climbing out the catacombs.

This post is an artificial meme post

If you have to die 20 times before you tie together you are not going the right way in DS, it may not be that the game is "trial and error".

You may just be retarded.

Largely this.

Also backstabs and parrying are easy mode if you can't git gud at your move set btw.

>meme
>meme
>reddit
>meme

DSP is that you?

How were we supposed to know that we aren't supposed to attack a knight in the firelink near bonfire
This one was real bullshit

Why do you keep posting Nioh webms in Souls threads?

Fucking Gen Z is complaining about exploration. I'll bet if dark souls guy carried a sniper rifle, OP never would've made this thread.

It looks like fun, but the human enemies seem too spongy for humans. I totally get monsters and shit having tons of HP, but not human enemies.

I hope I'll enjoy it and not try to play it like Souls, it seems much quicker, which is good because I like faster paced action games. With Souls I like to take it slow though, whatever looks fun. Release when?

Because they don't attack you first. Jesus.

February 2017

Su Shuang Shuang comes home one day to find that someone has moved into the apartment next to hers. When curiosity gets the best of her and she goes in to meet her neighbour, a handsome guys comes out of the shower? And he calls the police?

They figured players were smart enough to know that if one way doesn't work, they would explore other alternatives.

They were wrong.

The guy right next to you at the shrine tells you that you should start by going up.

>hmmm, these swarms of skeletons are killing me in 2 hits while I have to hit each one 12 times to kill it
>maybe just maybe i'm supposed to go this way later with upgraded weapon / when I level up
Never crossed your mind?
>trial-and-error type of thing

OP here,

Jokes on you guys. I was just pretending.

To give you choice in exploration and plotting gameplay. For example, the skeletons in the graveyard can rape a new player, but persistence and learning their attack patterns can give you easy access to a relatively large number of early souls and a few very good items, like the zweihander. Clever players can also exploit these alternative paths at very low levels to acquire the ideal loot for certain builds or just for the challenge, and so on and so forth.

Fuck you, I'm the real op
Stop pretending to be me

Wow this looks bad and clunky, batman arkham asylum combat looks more fluid than this

You're supposed to figure out from the skeletons in the graveyard kicking your ass not to go there first and to not go into New Londo from the invincible ghosts. That just leaves the Undead Parish path where the enemies are actually at your level. It's up to the player to explore the game's world and figure things out for themselves.

>not getting the zweihander and mask of the father first

not everyone reads a guide for their first playthrough

>using meme builds that literally everyone who has ever played PvP can counter
please don't embarrass yourself any further

What I was getting at was, why wasn't their a more distinct direction that you should probably go up the stairs instead of fucking around and wasting your time? I'm not asking the game to hold my fucking hand as I play the game, but I think it is common sense for their to be at least something telling you to 'start from here' and work your way upwards. Dark Souls was a fairly straight forward game but Jesus Christ.

>pvp

*tips fedora*

In OP's defense, if all you hear about Dark Souls is how fucking hard it apparently is, then getting killed by the Skeletons doesn't tell you "oh I'm not supposed to go this way" it's just the game meeting expectations

there'll probably be another beta demo you can try out
it's extremely fluid

Is every fucking weapon in nioh a goddamn samurai sword? Even that PS2 game Onimusha did this better.

>I'm not asking the game to hold my fucking hand as I play the game,

That's exactly what you're doing. What did you want, a fucking quest marker

I did something like this. Don't remember the path I took but when I told a friend who had many runs through the game, he said I essentially went through it backwards.

Actually, I take that back. Dark Souls was about as vague as learning English from a group of chinamen.

The dude sitting there talking to you tells you not to go down from Firelink and to start going up. Shit nigger, the stairs going up is also the thing that's immediately in view too from the Firelink. Anything more would actually be asking the game to hold your fucking hand.

No, but the katana is the coolest weapon and you're a pleb if you don't use it

no, as of the most recent demo there are Katanas, 2kat lmao, Spears, axes, hammers, bows, matchlock rifles, and cannons
they have 25 weapon types planned and each has an extensive skill tree

If you have 3 different paths available and you don't even try the rest but break your face repeatedly on the skeletons in the graveyard for a long time maybe the problem isn't in the game.

>The dude sitting there talking to you tells you not to go down from Firelink and to start going up

maybe i would have understood if every npc didnt talk in fucking riddles

>Basic fucking problem solving
Normie gamers don't have the brain power to do this.

>20 times
Are you literally retarded? On my first blind playthrough I pieced together that the skeletons were too strong, and the ghosts were unkillable in my first trip to both places.

I guess English isn't your first language.

Onimusha still did this better and had much better detail... and that fucking game only had 3 weapons and the matchlock in the entire game lmfao

no, english is my first and only language
only i learned real english, not memespeare nip engrish

Not everyone is as skilled in gaming as you losers. Literally, the 'git gud' meme is said by fat asses that literally have no social life and think that, by being good at Dark Souls, it's an accomplishment that should be on their, already empty, resumes. I started playing Dark Souls by being blithely unaware of the ass-kicking I was about to receive. If someone isn't good at a game, don't get triggered. Be helpful.

As much as like this following feature, some of the paths were very fuckin hidden. To me it's a turn on cause you're constantly stumbling upon new shit. But it can cause for some confusion. Trial and error is the name of the game.

I personally think it could've helped if Dark Souls kept the message "Beginner's should try this area later" from Demon's Souls

>Well, listen carefully, then…
>One of the bells is up above in the Undead Church, but the lift is broken.
>You'll have to climb the stairs up the ruins, and access the Undead Burg through the waterway.
somebody call the fucking pentagon this guy is talking in code

Good to know that you're literally too stupid to understand your own mother tongue and that it isn't a language barrier thing.

These threads would still get made even if that message still existed, although I guess it would just add more evidence that people like OP are retarded.

co-op?

There have been 4 weapon types in the demos so far
>Sword
>lol2kat
>Spear
>Hammer/Axe
There's also 3 ranged weapons, but they all function pretty similarly
>Bow
>Rifle
>Cannon
And apparently we're getting more

>HURRR GOOD TO KNOW DURRR

kys

/thread

>i have a life unlike you so i'm not as good at videogames
Pathetic excuse for brainless actions.
>If someone isn't good at a game, don't get triggered. Be helpful.
From the tone of your post it's pretty sure who is triggered around here.
If you spent any time in old /dsg/ you'd know there was shitload of helpful people.
Just don't expect to be spoonfed the absolute basics anyone with 3 living brain cells can figure out for himself.

If you can't even figure out a simple thing as the beginning of Dark Souls, I wouldn't want you to handling anything that actually mattered in the real world user.

>>game is too hard for him
>game is solely advertised in the west as the most hardcore game ever
git gud

if you're this much of a pussy casual bitch, it's time to leave

I'll take Hammers and Axes any day of the week over any other weapons

You can't compare other video games to Dark Souls since it is considered to be one of the hardest games ever made. So that's my one point. My other point is, at least 80% of the posts here are by triggered cunts who clearly have no communication skills other than yelling at their mother to make more pizza rolls. It's called constructive criticism. Instead of calling someone retarded for being ignorant, correct them on and show them the way. It's basic communication skills that are learned at a fairly early age. I understand that most of you who lurk on Cred Forums lack those skills, but please, spare me the rage. There are counselors that can help you. That, or you can simply throw yourself off of the nearest bridge.

you blew it

>How was I supposed to know that dying 20 times to enemies that were too strong for me meant that I wasn't ready for that area?
Well maybe you should have tried a different area.
>NO THAT'S BULLSHIT STOP TELLING ME TO GIT GUD I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY

What is OP trying to accomplish here?

lol man, I'm shit at vidya and even I didn't have that much trouble with DaS

>since it is considered to be one of the hardest games ever made.
Sorry user, you have to leave the bait part for the finish.
No one will even read your post otherwise.

>GFWL is dead

Do I have to buy dark Souls again on steam?

Hahahahahahahah.
Try to be more subtle next time.

And you're also told you can go down to Blightown.

Wait, telling you that the game is about exploration and all that isn't correcting you and sending you on your way? Would you like me to coddle you and feed you your meals too? No wonder you wanted the game to hold your hand. Keep throwing tantrums though, I love it.

it's funny imo

>i'm so much better at being normal well adjusted human being then you lot
>fuck you for being trash
>oh, and sponnfeed me directions, i can't be bothered to play this hardcore shit i have a life
lol

no, dumb dumb.

>>maybe just maybe i'm supposed to go this way later with upgraded weapon / when I level up
>Never crossed your mind?

With the way people talk about how hard it's supposed to be, it's entirely reasonable for it not to given that. People aren't psychic.

I knew it before I even made this post that I will trigger you guys. I really do apologize. I didn't know words on a computer screen could do this much damage. I can literally say something as direct as possible and you guys will then switch it up as if I meant something else. Like I said, I never said I was good at this game.

Se there are 3 paths and you don't even try if one of them is maybe a little easier? Really?
You just ASSUME the one path you picked first is exactly same difficulty as the rest and leads where you need to go so you keep smashing tour face against those enemies?

Haha, that the game allows shit like this is hilarious. I only tried attacking crestfallen on my third playthrough. Too bad he doesn't drop decent loot.

I'd hug you to ease your suffering user but I can't.
I'am really sorry for you and I hope you get well soon.

I'll give you an actual example of bullshit like this in a great game.

Han's Bar in Ninja Gaiden. Being a ninja it's natural to think "well fuck a ticket there has to be a back way or a way to get on the roof". But no, somehow you're supposed to know to go buy something from the blacksmith. I mean what was the intended method here? To run around trying to figure it out until you ran out of elixirs and went to buy more or some shit?

>I never said I was good at this game

I gathered as much. It's just surprising to find out you're not good in life either considering you're not having trouble with the game's mechanics or balance, but simple logic and problem solving skills.

Oh look it's you again. Don't you have anything better to do than post the same fucking webms over and over again? You must be questioning your life choices at this point.

yeah there is coop in nioh. I think there might be pvp as well

I see what you're doing. You are basically judging my life because of a mistake I made in the game. You've literally just proven my point that, not only have I triggered you and countless others in this post, but that your assumptions are illogical and you're lacking basic communication skills.

Not your mistake user, but your unwillingness to admit you made that mistake and instead blame the game for allowing the ability to explore things beyond your means and capabilities. Nobody likes a whiner and I hope your resume doesn't come anywhere near my place of business.

>because of a mistake I made
Not the guy you're replying to but it looks like we're finally got to 'acceptance' phase through all that whining how the game is awful.
Congratulations.

I didn't, but I don't blame people for honestly trying their damnedest to get through the graveyard early. It's honestly the most satisfying thing to do in the game, even thought I did it deliberately and I had no idea you could even go to the lower part of the undead burg until after beating pinwheel.

Fucking stay consious of your surroundings and encounters, it's retards like you why everything is a fuckin linear tube where your hand is held and spoon goes into your mouth without your own assistance. Dark Souls could've been the savior of video games, it became popular fast and it had the right setting for exploration and challenge, but people and devs saw it as a game where you die real easy. Sure, if you just sprint to your own death like a retard, but the game's not even hard if you just look around you instead of be blinded by handhelding and spoonfeeding.

Because what fun is a video game if everything is spoonfed to you

>and I had no idea you could even go to the lower part of the undead burg until after beating pinwheel.
Well at least you had a ok boss fight out of it.
Everyone else steamrolls Pinwheel when they return with Lordvessel and then they whine what a shitty boss he is.

You talk to the sad fucker at firelink. Also, you realize quickly you don't belong there as soon as the skeles kick your dick in.

Thanks for reminding why DaS1 absolutely annihilates all the other games.

I'm not retarded, but thank you. You have a good point.

Have a handy guide

HAHAHAHA!!

make same guide for NL ghosts pls

>Well at least you had a ok boss fight out of it.

Oh god no. Pinwheel is piss easy, easiest boss in the game by far, even if you do him way before the Lordvessel, the skeletons are way more threatening. Hell, when I first got down to the stairs after finally managing to clear out the graveyard the realization that the enemies down there will don't die when they are killed made me nope out entirely for a bit. You'd have to go down there with un-upgraded weapons to get an actual challenge out of him, and there's no way anyone'd find him tough as the shit you face on the way there while you figure out the catacombs. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Pinwheel is a boss entirely designed around fucking you in the ass if he manages to teleport away after reaching low health.
If he brings out the 20 clones at once you die.

He just doesn't survive long enough for that most of the time. Doesn't help that Leeroy does 800 per hit.

>You'd have to go down there with un-upgraded weapons
That's what I meant. Low SL and +1 or +2 weapon wasn't enough to kill him in one or two stamina bars and his magic hurt. If he did the clone thing and you ended up with 4 pinwheels blasting whole area with magic it was pretty intense.

Don't feel bad user, I did the same thing my first time, I didn't even see the stairs and the game obviously wants you to explore the area with the arches and buildings before the graveyard since those are the first things you see.