Darkest dungeon is a fucking joke

darkest dungeon is a fucking joke.
there come sometimes games like these, that assfuck everybody around because they're good enough to afford it.
i'm probably the least compatible type of player for this game, a perfectionist, so whevever i lose a hero through means other than dismissing him i just restart the campaign, but i fucking snapped when, after using a torch on just another one of curios in ruins, i got into a fight with shambler, without possibility to run, with lvl 0-1 party.
i mean, i know, it's klei, but fucking christ of this goddamn earth, is this game supposed to be played with walktrough in hand or fucking what.
ugh...
don't starve was the same, had to cheat the fuck outta it to play normally, cause "luck is an important skill too" so more than stategising or some kind of skill, surviving depends heavily on a fucking klei-brand lottery between 'you live another day' and 'oh hey, what's this hulking abomination over there? btw, this game autosaves, and there are permadeaths"

than you, makers of this game, and sincerely, fuck you for making me play something this unnerving during my supposed relaxation time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fuck you for making me play something this unnerving during my supposed relaxation time

Nobody made you do shit faggot, if it's not your genre of game why did you even play it.

>it's klei
it isn't
also kys

You do know that it's impossible to lose in this game, right?

well, i can't leave it when it's this good, now can I?
good response. people that can't think of anything better to say than kys make me feel so much better about myself when i feel bad
yeah, true that. still, my poor, custom named heroes... sob sob

>abloo bloo my hero got killed pls hug me

>Deliberately play a game in a way that makes progression impossible
>Blame the game

user...

At first I was somewhat like you, hated losing characters and felt like restarting everytime someone died.

I actually did restart once or twice. After having a pretty good run due to experience from previous rounds, I got to a point where recruiting and leveling up new characters became easier. I used lower level characters to do lower level quests, and higher ones for higher level quests. I lost a few here and there, but they were fairly quickly replaced.

So what if you lose characters? I assume you haven't played enough to realise just how replaceable they all are.

you heartless, cold blooded bastard :,D
not really trying to blame the game, i know that i'm simply playing it the wrong way. that's why I don't write some slander review about it, just bitch about it on Cred Forums
sounds nice =3=

I used to think like that too.

But if you spend enough time preparing and do missions patiently, then you will never lose a hero.

>:,D
kys my man

>send suicide squads with no provisions to gather free gold and heirlooms
>max out every building before buffing characters
>make a squad revolving around the same damage outcome(stun focused,status ailment focus,etc)
>???
>got gud
stop being a little bitch OP,it's just a game

The skill in those games comes from playing smartly so you can recover when you get fucked by the odds.

How do you make mad dosh after the slain party brought back no treasure?

This game isn't made for perfectionists that savescum their way into """"perfect"""" victory.It's for people that like to struggle for victory with the odds against their favor.Funny how stress is the most deadly factor in the game,it also affects the player in a good or bad way

>"luck is an important skill too"
No, luck is not a skill, but risk management is. A skill you quite obviously lack.

>i'm probably the least compatible type of player for this game, a perfectionist
No, you are neurotic. It seems you are completly unable to cope with your stressors and adapt.

Not to mention, there are several people who finished the whole game without losing a sinlge hero. I think I lost like 6 the last time I played, which is not bad either.

>fuck you for making me play something this unnerving during my supposed relaxation time
No one made you play it. Just play something that doesn't involve any kind of difficulty or challange, like Candy Crush or Fallout 4.

The game has a lot of flaws, mainly the grind, lack of enemy variety in champion dungeons and static dungeon design, but risk managment is not one of them. It's the core of the game.

I swear you are probably that kind of fag who thinks Texas Holdem is gambling.

>Funny how stress is the most deadly factor in the game,it also affects the player in a good or bad way
youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc

>raging this hard at the necromancer
>with three characters
>equipment still at level 1
>even if he killed the necromancer there were still 3 mobs with full health
wew lad

>sacrifice a torch for ruin

Or whatever the fucking thing says.

>end up with a party wipe

You were warned, retard.

>>even if he killed the necromancer there were still 3 mobs with full health
Killing the boss is enogh to "beat" the boos dungeons, even if the whole party dies and you don't get any loot.

That said, people like this simply misinterpret the situation. It wasn't bad luck that the necromancer survived 2 HP left- he was fucking lucky to get that far to begin with.

His party had shit gear, both his strategy and tactics were shit, so it's no wonder he failed.

Can you actually finish the game? What's the end goal?
Complete all dungeons at least once?

Complete all 4 quests of Darkest Dungeon.

I used to get to around turn 50 because I wanted to heal up, remove stress and add light. I told Cred Forums about it and they flipped their shit and said prolonging a fight causes stress. I thought it was bullshit and kept doing it like 6 times in different dungeon runs and it never happened. Not counting those times when I just needed around 20 turns.
Then one time at turn 20 or so everyone just got stressed for taking too long just like Cred Forums said and the rest of the game they just stressed normally from prolonged fights. I don't know how the fuck it didn't happen in those previous times.

The goal is to complete the darkest dungeon.

ugh.... like, ugh....

Were you playing on some old pre-release version of something?

Prolonging the fight causes stress and later enemy reinforcements.

I didn't know I just torrented the latest version I could find in kat

If you had any experience with curios whatsoever then you'd know that they can have varying effects and that they can harm your party.
The appearance of the altar and the associated description should easily be enough to ward off even a slightly wary player as neither gives suspicion of a good outcome, only that you'll get fucked if you do it and since you used a torch you rather obviously read the curio description.
An experienced or wiki reading player might elect to fight the shambler for loot but there is no reason for an unknowing and unprepared player to do this, provided they aren't retarded.

While there are luck based save-or-dies in this game that can be minimized with planning this isn't one of them and is purely on you since it can be avoided entirely.

I remember copying the game files into a different folder to "save" it so I can just paste it back when some bad shit happens.

yea its a shit game, and rng is used as a way to not balance the games at all, OH LUCK IS SKILL fuck right off faggot

>OH LUCK IS SKILL fuck right off faggot
Nobody thinks luck is a skill. Dealing with bad luck, however, is a skill. Apparently you lack it.

Are we being raided?

It seems savescumming is incurable.

Will this game be any good on PS4?

Platform won't make the slightest difference. You're either going to hate it, or you'll love it until the grind sets in.

Game ain't for you then. Also how did you not expect the game to be stressful when all the memes are about that, it's a central mechanic in the game, and all the reviews say how crushing the game can be at times.

>First dungeon
>First room
>Ambushed by spiders
>All four attack first, attack my cleric in the back
>She dies instantly from four critical strikes
>"Your turn"
>This happens to the rest of them
>Party is wiped next encounter after several failed attempts retreat and cut losses in a festering tide of enemy crits
>Alt-f4
>The gods of RNG do not smile on me. You should see me play Dungeons and Dragons.

As great as the artstyle and atmosphere are a whole bunch of the game feels reliant on chance instead of skill, which is fine I suppose, but it isn't really my thing. I feel more like I'm playing with slots than I am a video game sometimes.