Nintendo orders 10 million NX units from Foxconn

digitimes.com/news/a20160922PD207.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>Foxconn has undertaken trial production of the NX, a new Nintendo games console, according to industry sources

Announcement anytime now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never ever

that's a pretty rad uniform they're wearing

Totally doesnt look like the kind of job thatd make me commit suicide or anything

It hides the bruises well.

Don't you love videogames? Don't you want to make videogames?

They're going to announce NX today?

>no suicide netting

Fake and gay

They don't even give them a pillow? I would rather stand and work than sit in that shit piece chair

>Foxconn
>made by children, for children

inb4 someone describes that pic as 'comfy'

No, but possibly in the next couple weeks. Unless a foxconn employee gives us leaks first

Kek

>10 million units

So how many suicides will it cause? Whats the suicide to unit ratio for consumer electronics?

I'm filled with despair by just looking a this picture.

1-1

B-but vidya.... vidya would never hurt anyone....

Something tells me that the hire ups from Nintendo was planning to announce the NX earlier but forgot about it assumed they already did and nobody else wanted to informed them because of HONOR.

higher-ups

>10 million
Jesus christ, think about that. Even if they have 10 thousand factory worker (which they probably dont), each worker would have to build 1000 NXs

At the end of the announcement they will say "already on stores!"

>some chink making 20 cents a day knows more about the NX than you do

yes

Conformity is bad *Tips fedora and unsheathes katana*

>no spring floors

it's like they don't want the collapsing workers to pop back up

I have an amazing thing to tell you about an amazing invention that kickstarted the industrial revolution called the assembly line.

How is that what you pulled out my post? Slave labor has nothing to do with "conformity"

Go away underager

A man chooses, a slave obeys *tips fedora, unsheathes golf club*

Mathmatically speaking, wouldnt each of their work equate to having built 1000 NXs?

yes and foxconn has 1.3 million workers, granted many don't work on assembling shit together but still

>spoonfeeding this guy
The fact he thinks all corporations have 10.000 workers should have been enough of a cue

well yeah laughed to the thought of 10k people making most electronics in the world but when an aspie sees something wrong and know the the answer the aspie has to answer

FIVE

>MFW it's going to leak before Nintendo even confirm the remotest of details on the thing

Weren't Foxconn embroiled in some kind of controversy about poor working conditions and suicides?

And? Everything gets leaked now.
Scorpio? Leaked.
PS4 neo? Leaked.

>10 million

Wew.

Nintendo are still working through their initial 15 million WiiU shipment (rumoured 5 mil basic, 10 mil pro) as well as the 500,000 WW bundle. They must have reduced expectations for the NX

Pretty sure Nintendo is in business with scalpers and resellers at this point so even if it does sell well, they don't give a shit.

In China, yes. Not in other countries. And anyway, all big vidya companies work with foxconn.

>10 million

THAT'S IT?

Oh my God, it's a big fucking tablet.

yeah i think thats the plant that puts netting underneath the windows so their employees stop jumping and killing themselves.

that could be another plant tho.

no way

where have you even gotten such thoughts from?!

foxconn doing something scummy? not in this world

We knew that Scorpio was a console. We knew the Neo was a console.

The NX? We don't have fucking clue what it even IS

this is just a typical asian thing

just read on reddit that in korean schools they block access to the roof during exam time in case some gook realizes he's failing and decides to do a back-flip from the roof

It's pretty obvious by now that it's going to be a handheld which can connect to a tv.

kek

do you believe everything you read

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

>THAT'S IT?

There's this thing called "diminishing production costs".

They make 10 mil, sell it over 2 years, and after 1 year, they make another 5 mil or so when the production cost for the thing drops by 10-20%.

The problem with the Wii U was they made 15 million of the fucking things in their first year, thinking they had another Wii on their hands and ended up never benefiting from the reduced production costs of later runs. The Wii U would probably have received several price cuts and hardware revisions over the last 2 years if Nintendo didn't have a blackhole of 8 million x $300 for production of the Wii U

JUST SHUD UP AND MAKE MY NEW GALAXY

You can reject reality because it's unpleasant, but it's still going to happen. Nintendo wants the smartphone crowd but they can't drop the console crowd so we're going to get the worst of both worlds.

>using the company that literally causes mass suicides to make your console
sasuga, nintendo

Well, they gotta unveil it soon, since a worker will leak it soon enough. I guess that correlates with the WSJ estimate that it would be unveiled by late September or October at the latest.

I dunno I'm starting to think we won't see it until January. They're shilling the mini NES and Pokemon pretty hard, can't have the background noise of a new console taking up the headlines around that

People always talk shit about sweatshops but these guys have a clean environment, probably air conditioning, and plenty of comfy natural light.

Have I been lied to by extremist Left media?

>Have I been lied to by extremist Left media?

always and everyday.

They are just cleansuits. Pretty much all electronic manufacturers use them.

They aren't as uncomfortable as they look, and I am pretty sure that isn't a picture of foxconns worst factory, since nothing seems all that unusual there.

>all those people jumping out of the building in 2010
This is why American factories barely have any windows

The industrial revolution predates assembly lines.

It's a manufacturing plant for technology, ofcourse it's clean you retard, why do you think they're wearing full body hypodermic suits?

Remember when all Nintendo products were Made in Japan?

no

the extra cost for 10M instead or 3M is ridiculous at this level. Also they are confident, it's good.

Leak when?

>10 million
That will last the whole generation.

Literally looks like a tyvek suit. Like they said before it's just a clean suit you toss out when you are done.

10 million, huh? Guess they want to get production of the entire consoles run out of the way.

>tfw you are financially supporting suicides in a chink factory

The whole thing is confusing, they just raised the wages and installed suicide nets as a response?

Suicide nets, it's as if they don't want to fix anything but treat the symptoms.

AL guy here

Yeah, we've been doing these things, but no idea what they are yet, I'm only having to worry about the battery components for now

>conformity is good
Asks to see the manager at costco *unzips louis vuitton purse*

stupid american lefist
china manufacturing is clean, there no suicide, that propoganda

you piggy fat brainwashed of idiot

In the XIXth century when they were making playing cards?

HOURS

lol

LEAK THE NX GOOK

heck I've worked with tyvek in many jobs and I'm still alive

usually the jobs where you need a clean suit you also get to do the fucking thing you are doing without anyone fucking with you

foxconn surely isn't out there to make hell for people but they're in a really competitive market, they might not be in a position where they can fix shit

Nintendo is still a thing?

whats cheaper?
>to give them 1 cent more per hour and to install some nets
or
>to restructure your whole business model so some gears can have "human rights"

>10 million NX units

LOL it won't even sell that many in it's whole life cycle

Dont they make assfuckshittons of money? They make products for a ton of mega corporations

if they gave all that money to the workers, each worker would get less than 1000 dollars

Don't forget the contracts they get made to sign

In America they block roof access 24/7. Why do you need to be on the roof unless you're fixing something or killing yourself?

Yeah it's pretty sweet. My job requires me to work in a clean room. Can literally go in there for hours and no one will bother me.

>asked employees to sign no-suicide pledges

lmao

130 billion bucks / 1.3 million workers = 100 bucks

>Nintendo profiting from slave labor

I'm losing my MIIIIIIND TELL US WHAT IT IS ALREADY

100 bucks / 12 = 8.333...

they could give each and every chink just 8.333... bucks a month extra and they wouldn't be making any money anymore

>kill yourself in ancient modern china
>government kidnaps your family and disappears them into unmarked grave
>try to quit instead
>huge powerful employer blacklists your name, and youll never be hired again
>lose house and starve to death on the streets

Honestly don't understand why people look down on china, it's like the usa with a smaller cost of living.

>the electronic industry profiting from slave labor
FTFY

and every other electronics / clothing / food manufacturer in the world

Your math is a bit off..

100,000 bucks

Is 10 million impressive or something? Does Nintendo think they've made another Wii?

Outside of the US, there's something called milliard between millions and billions.

Whats that got to do with what was written?

Nothing, I just wanted to be informative.

not only did I fuck the math but their net income is only 4 billion bucks

Slave labor is good though. What kind of life would teenagers have in a shithole like this otherwise? Doing illegal work or being dead from starvation. It's hard but oh so much better than the alternative.

aren't there chinese students that get their high school graduation or something held hostage if they don't do unpaid work time at these factories

>net income is only 4 billion bucks

Net income is after expenses and such, so its not like they can only pay their employees with 4 billion. And their CEO makes billions

>Nintendo announcing another console that we can all assure has next to no third party content, censored releases, or features locked behind amiibos
I can't wait!

That's a clever idea!

>be chink
>work your ass off for 5 cents a day on some console so some fat neckbeard can play mario game #14 or underage party quest 2
I would kill myself too

Don't all High Schools withhold your graduation unless you do unpaid volunteer time?

They also helped produce the PS4 Pro though.

How is that any different from working min wage in the us or whatever. You have to spend 2 hours of wages to buy a mcdonalds combo, or a days wages to buy a pair of pants.

a lot of min wage workers in the US want to kill themselves too

I hope they announce a single good thing along with the NX reveal.

It has been too long since I saw something from Nintendo that actually had me interested.

Yeah well the us is 3rd world too

>doesn't know what clean rooms are
What is the average age of Cred Forums, 15?

Wouldn't surprise me, months of unpaid work to "prove" yourself is apparently pretty standard in China.

We get a lot of Chinese immigrants trying to pull that crap over here but they know it's illegal so they only "hire" the international students and fresh immigrants who don't know any better. The government is always putting out alerts to those communities telling them to let them know when someone tries that shit.

>no samsung

hmmmm

Samsung's factories are more or less the same as Foxconn's. In many ways they are actually worse now because they haven't received the international attention that necessitated Foxconn cleaning up their act a bit.

their fault for being so tight-lipped for so long

>10 million
if this is true, Nintendo is fucking done

You're retarded.

It's an initial estimate, they will produce more once the first actual sales data comes in.

They've done the same with every console.

As a low wage earner surrounded by panhanders, hoodlums and dogshit covered streets, it really does feel like it!

They'll never announce it. It'll just show up in stores one day and when you buy it it's just a box with a slip of paper in it saying "more to come in the next Direct"

Nobody will buy 10 mil shittendo consoles lol.

>they installed suicide nets

Now reveal this console already before we get a shitty leak.

>You will never work at an assembly line inserting through-hole components
Life is suffering

Same. I would really like for the NX to be cool and have lots of fun games, but I can't get myself hyped because of becoming jaded by the Wii and WiiU.

>employee has enough
>angrily flings himself out of the building
>hits the suicide net
>sighs and walks back in and goes back to work

Huh, what are they doing in this room? Quality control?

You know wat to do.

Stupid dumbposter

Wasn't that the cotton gin?

they arent jumping off roofs to kill the,selves user they just want to play in the happy fun nets.

2/10

>when you open a new console and get the fresh Taiwan sweatshop smell

Nothing like it lads

>Quality control?
>Chinese factory
Haha, good one.

Aren't Foxconn really notorious for leaks?

This does beg the question, what exactly are the suicide nets for? Suicide attempts are still listed, and I doubt the employee will just be admitted back after trying to pull that. The company still loses an employee and gets it added to its suicide tally, so why even bother?

>PS4 and XBone at 40 million
>Hundreds of millions of mobile devices
>3DS at, what, 70 million? IIRC?
>Wii and DS had 100 million?

I get "diminished costs," no shit.
But it seems like if they REALLY thought this device was going to break into the market (not to mention the flak they've caught for past shortages), it seems like they'd have made a bit more.

At the very least they wont need someone to come clean up the blood.

Nintendo, why you no build NX in Japan?

It's like you dont like Japan or something.

Do you want be a Chinese?

So sad.

Greed is universal. I wish companies would manufacture in their home countries.

do you want your NX to cost $2.000?

They really need to smother Shiggy in his sleep One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest style

Human rights is the price you pay for cheap products, just hope it's not your rights.

>T. Some dumbass who doesn't jacksquat about business

THERE
ARE
PEOPLE
RIGHT NOW
YES, RIGHT NOW
WHO THINK THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION WAS A "MISTAKE"

if everyone buys n NX it will get more support and become something great, everyone pre-order one

reason whi wii u failed was because not enough people bought it and sales were low and developers jumped ship

the suits are paper and disposed of after a shift

you should try getting a job sometime

No, and i also don't think tech company ceos need millions of dollars in salary either. Although I am confident kimi and shigi don't make more than 2 mil most.

where?

Not buying shit before there's at least 5 games I want.

That's all they need to make.

Epic Coldsteel

Capitalism was a mistake. I really could not care less about business. I'd gladly give up my consumer electronics if it would make millions of other peoples lives better.

dumb hippieposter

Ready to die?

based on your conversational skills,
the dump
wal mart
mcdonalds

Pop Quiz Cred Forums

You either have to be a foxconn worker doing 16 hours shifts for $7 a day 6 days a week, or Anthony Burch

Who do you choose?

Luckily the installed those anti-suicide nets around their factories

Maybe you should join the dump... in a body bag.

someone doesnt fucking die

>$7 a
Eh, I dunno, seems like it...wait...
>DAY

Anthony Burch.

Anthony Burch. I then use my money to buy a gun and go shoot up a Hillary rally and then off myself.

Foxconn, at least it has a tradition of suicides.

They also get their food, water, and bed paid for.
Not that it's all of high quality, though.

I'm sure the long history of China killing off their peasants in the millions would change if you suddenly dropped your iPhone in the water, cocksucker.

with an edge like that you should work in customer service

So, you don't consider the upcoming new Zelda game good or interesting?

That was very rude.

best post in this thread. lol

I don't have access to the roof in my own apartment. Where the fuck do people live that public buildings give you access to the roof?

I'm not feeling the hype for that game at all.
I hope they win me over when they show off actual dungeons, bosses or bits of the story.

The thing with open world games is, they get really boring if it's just always more of the same stuff, and E3 saturated all of that for me at the moment.

Probably lower nowadays tbqh senpai

I used to work in a fiberglass factory in America, the ladder to the roof was unlocked, people would go up to enjoy the view or smoke

>loses an iPhone prototype
>gets beaten and his apartment searched
>mysteriously falls to his death from the company building
Things that make you go hmmm.

really makes you think

Why are chinese people so... inhumane?

Getting the chinese slave workers in line

Sometimes the people we think are least human are actually.... the most human

Majestic 12

actually the left defends and loves to suck chink communist cock

This has probably already been said but this shit will leak before it even gets fucking announced.

As in they're the most human for suffering the most?

Getting fired and blacklisted by an industry giant for attempted suicide is pretty much a death warrant user.

And?
Learn to see things from other people's perspective. Put yourself in the position of a factory owner who wants to make as much money as possible and don't care about anything else. Deaths don't matter at all.

The suicide nets may keep people from attempting, causing them to work more. The idea of no clean up also sounds reasonable.

If you had a spine you would boycott chinese products and support local products over chinese imports. But I bet you're one of those faggots who wants to help the world with someone's else money.

his point still stands though

>anything playstation
>implying not for kids

Good, we are aiming for a cheap system this time.

i work in a castle and they make me wear these disposable paper suits when i clean up any bird shit

castle's don't stay pretty themselves you fuckers

>why you no
Stop that

In fact, Cred Forums sucks chinese and russian cock because they have a hard-on for totalitarian systemd.

You can't commit suicide, they put up nets because of all the suicides.

That or it's going to be regional instead of world wide at launch.

I won't dispute that, Cred Forums thinks Putin dindu nuffin, he a good boy, when soviet defectors have straight admitted that Russia has always armed and taught muslims modern terrorism techniques, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.