I can't go back to Souls after playing this

I can't go back to Souls after playing this.
Souls is fucking dogshit

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/search/青い
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lel XD so epic

Be careful OP you trigger the soulsbronies

too late

It's literally the same game with a different skin. Your entire genre is trash.

Onimusha did it better

I mean, I get that you prefer Ni-Oh but does it somehow retroactively make the Souls series bad?

No reason to shit on the Souls games sans stirring up shit.

I am looking forward to it though. Looks good.

>it's another contrarian special snowflake hipster episode

Phew, I hate reruns

While I don't agree with OP, I wouldn't say it makes the Souls Series bad, but I can understand it at the same time. Nioh does everything Souls does, only better with the addition of Stance Switching and Skills. And it's only made more CUHRAZY when you GIT GUD and get Double Flux Ki Pulses Down. The speed you can reach, and the combos you can achieve are just too advanced compared to Souls games. You could argue they have different gameplay styles, but the thing is, they play exactly the same, it's just that Nioh gets more advanced the more you play

just ignore the op and lets have meaningful discussions, chatting into the wee hours of new ideas of the higher plane

>muh CUHRAZY

Kill yourself.

Faggots like you are worse than any Soulsfag.

Shills aren't real guys i swear

How overleveled is this fuck

not sure, but way overleveled. I've heard some people played well over 40 hours in the beta

Look up the definition of shill, famalam.
You may be surprised

I love and played every souls game and bloodborne as well. Ive also played every onimusha. I played both the alpha and beta of this game. I couldnt get into it. The whole world design is just uninteresting and bland as fuck. Combat is OK.

So this is the next Lords of the Fallen?

I give it 2 weeks.

>. Nioh does everything Souls does

Nioh does literally nothing better than Souls. Not in its mediocre bosses, non existent level designs and especially not its "Slightly better Witcher 3" combat system.

>Falseflagging

Why are soulfags so autistic? Why can't you let people enjoy a game? Why shitpost about it?

You're the same retard that posts webms in every thread

>Cuhrazy
Your fucking fatal flaw to compare with souls using that meme

I played the beta for like 50 hours with 6 new characters, 10/10 would recommend

This to be completely honest family.

There is no need to have this kind of thread. Just make an actual Nioh thread if you want to talk about it. Though I suspect that's what you really want. Oh well, might as well salvage the thread.

Favourite Guardian Spirits out of the new ones? Sakon's and Hanbei's look pretty awesome, the dragon and lion dog thing.

Why is it
Every single post ever made about Nioh cannot

1. Talk about the game on its merits alone without comparing it to fucking dark souls and fostering this stupid fucking "my game > your game" mentality
2. Describe it without using epin buzzwords like CUHRAZY and even fucking GITGUD; the "If you liked memes there you'll like memes here!" argument

It's like they're actually fucking afraid that people can draw their own conclusions if the game is simply discussed, and smells like wet convulsing sticky shilling of the highest degree

>he's actually MAD right now that other people have different opinions
Jesus fucking Christ, man

Then don't. I never liked souls games so I have nothing to go back to. This game doesn't play anything like souls except for surface similarities.

>I only play le shooters and ebin sport games

>not combat
Shitpost
>not its level design
Shitpost
>mediocre bosses
Shoo shoo Nue Nue

Don't let the door hit you on way out :^)

There's not an opinion presented, and that's my fucking point you mongoloid. There's literal memes and a comparison to DARK SOULS!!1

>Shitpost
Not an argument
>Shitpost
Not an argument
>Shoo shoo Nue Nue
Not an argument

>I've never played any action/adventure games before DS

your age is showing son

Why are those the only two you listed?
I'm genuinely interested in the mental gymnastics that went into this one.

Top fucking argument.
Shill confirmed.

>All this salty shade from Souls players about Nioh actually having better gameplay.
Hang on, I'm gonna get some Popcorn.

This game feels like onimusha, with ninja gaiden fighting mechanics. I was actually surprised at how much fun I has with the beta

You can stop violently samefagging.

>Can't provide some information
>Shitpost back
Are you fucking retarded ?

Souls has always been dogshit.

You roll and then attack. Thats the entire fucking game.

>this game's darksign is literal seppuku

Nice.

Nioh is a great game that has amazing combat. The stance system is amazingly innovative and makes different play styles even more varied allowing for amazing replayability of even the alpha and beta. This combined with the Ki system makes sure you stay grounded in the combat and pay attention to every sword slash. The enemies have been done amazingly well and none attack wildly with no tell. You can watch a shoulder holding a weapon and be able to tell when an attack is coming. While pulling multiple enemies is hard it is not impossible to defeat a large group using all the tools like parrying and different weapon styles and abilities to your advantage. The combat is hard but if you die it is almost always your fault and not a fluke a shoddy hitbox or something else. Another positive is the amazing hitboxes and lack of i frames
The character design and voice acting so far have been top notch and the story seems to involve many famous people from the time period it is set in and they all seem very entertaining from what we have seen.
The bosses have all been very different from one another and been engaging and challenging in their own way. Nue for example requires a head on approach of hitting him right before he attacks to stagger him but if you try that for the flying succubus boss you'd get wrecked.
The setting is very atmospheric and while the graphics aren't good they use what they have got well. There has been a very large variety of yokai enemey so far and the twilight versions of levels has provided an even greater challenge. On release twilight bosses will have new updated move sets instead of just more HP and more adds.
And the biggest telling factor of why this game will be good is the amount of responsiveness to use input and paying attention to what the people who your game think.

Why's it always the Slavshit games that get the most paid shills on here?

This piece of trash isn't better than Souls. It's not even better than Demon's Souls.

Why is everyone pretending OP isn't a false flagging autist?

>Slavshit games
hahahahahahahahahahahahah
that's cute

They're not.

How do you even defend Souls combat? You can't say "Oh it's an RPG so its combat isn't supposed to be that great," when RPGs like Dragon's Dogma and Nioh exist. Seriously, Souls combat is slow, clunky, dogshit relying on roll mechanics. The only thing I can say that is good about it is its build variety.

>jap developers
>jap background
>western weeb samurai mc

>slavshit
Wait what?

Why the fuck should I defend anything?
Because you dislike it and spout random bullshit that even doesn't make half sense?

>that unmatched warrior of the west theme

Seriously one of the original compositions I've heard in a game in YEARS. shit was Hans zimmer tier

Sounds like dark souls 1

not an argument

*one of the best

Man I just walked into this thread and tabbed the window. This is some good as salt. Best (You) I've recieved in a while

Is your reading comprehension below that of a grade-schooler?

I want sonyponies to leave

Is it actually explained why his hair is white or did they just want him to look like Geralt?

Wonder how leveling Guardians works.
Hope they change appearance like in the manga.

>blogs about current action while violently protesting too much
Did you not get enough (You)s?
Cause man I just tabbed back in too after running 10k to see your classic memes haha

>anybody with white hair is Geralt
>any action game is a souls ripoff

God I hate you kids who just started playing video games

They call him blond in the trailer and in the manga.
Japanese just can't tell the difference, like they can't tell the difference between blue and green.
jisho.org/search/青い

>PS4 gets Bloodborne
>PS4 gets Nioh

How can this keep happening? Why do they get all the games?

Also he's a blondie.
So literally the only similar things are that they have long hair and kinda have the same jaw structure. That's it.

No, but your reasoning is.
I could sink to your level and go on about how DD is shit and Nioh isn't even halfway there because of its shitty twitchy combat relaying on bad ki mechanic. Now go on, start defending.
But I won't bother because I wouldn't get one coherent and well thought out sentence out of you anyway.

Stop sperging out, I just asked a question. You can't honestly tell me he doesn't look just like him.

Sorry senpai but this is a souls board.

The same reason PS and PS2 got all the good games

>2 games
>all the games

Nioh actually has combos and magic and shit. DS combat mechanic is literally just run around, hit once and roll.

Niohs fighting mechanic is infinitely better than any ds game

No they don't explain, you only get very little bits of story in the alpha and beta

Can't wait 'til the game comes out and gets a general so every one of you faggots can stop with this bullshit.

Who ever hired you as a chill made a great misstake, 2/10

There's nothing to defend. Souls combat is objectively less complex than Nioh and has less mechanics. Now, obviously there is an element of subjectivity in this that will never be overcome by a soulsbabby in order for meaningful discussion.

The samefagging in this thread is absolutely disgusting, shills need to try harder to blend in god damn.

You should go.

I don't like Nioh as much as soulsborne games. I guess it just feels needlessly complicated with the stances and ki stuff.

Not that guy but.
It's this kind of arguing that turns me the fuck off. I played the alpha and the beta. >you can do more combos
Is not an argument for "objectively" more depth than souls combat. Overwatch is not as technically deep as tf2 because it has more characters who are capable of more moves. It's as weak and as fucking retarded as "souls combat is LITERALLY dodge and hit once!" it's dumbed down, it's lowest denominator to try and "win" your argument while telling nothing of the actuality of the game's combat.
Adding soulsbabby in there is meme tactic, of course
As is the comparison of the two to begin with.

It doesn't NEED to be more complex.

This is now an Old Hunters thread.

Just started a new character after my pure arcane run, thinking of going BLT and grabbing the Reiter and the Evelyn up until I can get to the bloodletter.

But jesus christ Ludwig is tearing my gunslinging asshole apart five ways, and it doesn't help that this is NG+4. Any tips? I gave up and summoned last night, but everyone died.

jesus christ the salt. is it impossible to have a discussion ?

What the fuck are you expecting out of a thread that starts "___ is fucking dogshit" without giving any actual points.

>that leg armor + topless
are you me?
its actually the only armor i really like if it wasnt so fucking heavy

i expect people to ignore the bait

>The guy who spams webms in unrelated threads and generals talking about wanting a discussion

Be the change you want to see, faggot.

>memes
>compares to souls without any valid points
>obvious samefagging

>Y-you're all just salty! Why is no one "discussing" this with me?

i've always hated wearing heavy armor in most video games

>cant even make your own character
Shit game, it's what stopped me from downliading the beta

damn dude that really sucks that stopped you from enjoying a game. the least you could have done was try it out for an hour or two

the game isn't about any random schmuck, it's about the Nioh.

I believe they plan to allow customisation for online play, but I don't think it's been clarified as to whether that'll be having your own character or just giving Ken-sama a haircut.

>new character
>NG+4

how can it be good if its not even finished?

member when nioh threads used to be chill?

Yup.

Everything on this board has to be a pissing contest.

we can discuss in peace here

You mean shill-kun with his same 5 repeated webms?

better in a nioh thread than other dark souls threads

I love Nioh but there's not much to discuss desu

There's fuck all to discuss. We discussed everything about the alpha and beta whilst we were playing, we've talked the survey results to death, and there's not much to be said about the release date and TGS content beyond, "I don't want to wait that fucking long," and, "Neat."

Webm-sama's just getting twitchy and baiting because anyone who would discuss the game with him has done so to death already.

yeah i guess you're right

More like no-oh

You can thank the faggot that posts the same 6 webms in EVERY SINGLE souls and BB threads for a few months now for ruining any chance of civil discussion. Now we all hate you and the game you are shilling.

>white samurai with blonde hair

Shit game

that was probably his intention, you can either give him that satisfaction or move on

If I wanted to play a game like dark souls... I'd just play dark souls

Soul games are designed for lock on combat

but the only way to git gud is by not relying on lock on, once you stop relying on lock on you get an inaccurate melee shit fest. I will go as far as saying witcher 3 would have better combat than the soul games if the enemies in witcher 3 aren't so shit compare to dark soul.

penis of rivia

This.

Good luck getting any decent discussion of Nioh the next few months because that fucking retard has guaranteed shitposts in every Nioh thread.

is shit!

so much better

I found enjoyment in souls. I also liked Ni-Oh as well despite that I didn't get to finish it.

I think that was the point, he posts a bit too consistently given the amount of flak he gets for it to just be because he likes the game.

The next few months would have been pointless circling autism either way, but the faggot will basically guarantee targeted shitposting in /nig/ when the time comes. I hope he gets bored before then.

It really took you some shitty Souls clone to realize this? Have you never played DMC, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden or current Monster Hunter? All of those games have combat 100 times more complex and satisfying than 20 FPS Souls.

are you an autist of some sort?

i felt the same way after playing nioh
after the beta demo ended i went to play some bloodborne and it felt so slow choppy and bad, it was my favorite game and i can't even play it anymore because i'll always compare it to nioh

>if it were ported to PC this same poster would be posting AHAHAHA PC WINS AGAIN and praising the game as the second coming of Jesus

or you know he enjoyed the game

> game
> 2 stages

stages
looks like someone didn't play the game

some people are completionists , they want every nook and cranny.

also there are different types of builds to try out

No fucking joke, Bloodborne feels like a game in slow motion after playing Nioh, I hate having to wait for this

Not an argument.

For fair comparison, let's have From make a Ninja Gaiden-like game and see how it is
Oh wait that happened and it sucked dick because From is a shit developer

I think I'll go with Katana build for the first p/t
It's just so good.

savage

UNATCO?

In fairness m8 it's not like Team Ninja's attempts at Ninja Gaiden without Itagaki have been worth getting excited about.

Played it at a friends house the other day. Most fun I've had in a long time with a game, definitely picking this up when i get my hands on a ps4 but holy fuck it made me rage sometimes.

same here m8, i played it like dark souls and died a shit ton

kekadoodledoo

3RE was a step in the right direction . I wonder how different things would be if that was the original game released

d-delete this

>Itagaki
Because Devil's Third was such a fucking masterpiece right?

Since you're retarded I'll explain it to you in a way that requires more depth than necessary. People often use comparison as a way to evaluate and provide an opinion, while also allowing them to explain what it's like.
Say for example if I was explaining the game play of blood to someone, I'd say it's like doom, wolfenstein or duke nukem 3d. I would also explain that I think it's better than the other 3 I listed.
If I told the average retard (you in this case) that blood was a fun game where you shoot demons and cultists, they'd think it was call of duty with monsters.
In this thread people are comparing nioh to the souls series because that's what they remember most recently, that's popular, and most people like souls.

thank you for saying this m8. i would've done it myself but i figured it wouldnt be worth my time