youtube.com/watch?v=EjkB-EQ8Bxg
youtube.com/watch?v=0EVwamZgzeM
youtube.com/watch?v=_fviG7PG9qA
youtube.com/watch?v=7_Lkuf-ZmHw
youtube.com/watch?v=4b4VxLFlKiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pnBJk0mujac
youtube.com/watch?v=AUfdw1zXD0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

expansions on top of DLC on top of microtransactions of top of premium preorder content. game-destroyingly bad net coding and servers. uplay. dropping support a week after release for the next asscreed/tom kalanski's/etc title.

even in your own post you contradict yourself

how do you do that

Peer to peer

Rainbow Six Siege was well received despite its system of how you unlock Operators because it was quick and easy to get the whole roster.

Most likely they'll fuck up by taking that and making it so you get one free one for each faction and then have to spend more than a few matches to unlock the others despite the small roster.

Then they can have it so you can unlock more weapons for each class or buy them instantly. Unlock Packs for all characters and weapons. XP or Cash boosters.

like they always do sub 60 fps with stutters
see the crew i get 40 fps which goes as low as 20 on high speed with a gtx 1070 on 1080p
other ubishit games like assassins creed run on 50 fps
literally all benchmarks i ran show my pc is fine so

All good options

where?

maybe

I think equipment having stats is a bit silly even if they're minor
If I'm satisfied with the open beta or if they announce dedicated servers I'll buy it.

how would i contradict myself in someone else's post?

I liked this game until I saw that asshole posting webms of himself doing that cheap ass repetitious be all end all combo with conqueror, acting like he was any good at the game.

I mean, cheap combos were inevitable, but I hadn't run into any myself. Other than that, the game is pretty solid, despite it's rock paper scissors approach. The learning curve is through the roof.

it's an extremely avoidable combo, people just have a habit of not dodging sideways

and the rock paper scissors shit everyone seems to be spouting is giving me the impression that nobody has actually played the game and are just regurgitating shit they saw someone on Cred Forums say once

Everything I've seen so far regarding balance is that the Vikings are literal garbage, flails are worthless, and a "speedier" fighter cannot under any circumstances defeat a bigger, tanky guy 1v1. The obvious strategy being to gang up, but isn't possible because even teams.

Is the beta out yet?
I remember signing out for it and never hear a word after

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3VcVAHqQHw

heres a guy destroying people as viking raider for half an hour

raider has the best unblockable attack and quick stance changes during combos, and berserker can keep on throwing mother fuckers from wall to wall to with heavy attack inbetween

I'm sure you got all these ideas from a stream or two you watched, but you have to understand that people being dumb isn't a very good indicator of how strong classes are

alpha ended a few days ago, not sure when beta is

It will be no less of a fuckup than any Ubisoft game, but no more either. Just usual Ubi garbage

Honestly the alpha wasn't long enough for anyone to get a good feel of how balanced the game was.

Combat system is too nuanced, not too mention half the characters weren't in

It wasn't so much the fact that it was in the game, it was the same problem people have with Ryus that spam Hadouken, or Cervante's b.s. ring out move on soul calibur.

I didn't really run into anyone playing Conqueror other than the bots, so I didn't have much to worry about.

there are always people that are going to go for cheap shit for easy wins, that's just how videogames go, you just have to take joy in kicking those peoples teeth in

My 290x had it going 100+ on ultra settings without any problems aside from the p2p lag. I'm not sure how they would manage to ruin that.

/thread right there, you fucking millennial shitters.

He was listing different ways they could fuck up, meaning they can either drop support entirely or "DLC/Microtrans/pre-order content/season pass/premium content" it up the ass.

I love pretty much everything about the game, but I'd like to see some minor balance tweaks or at least the devs devote themselves to that post launch like with Siege, keep the patches coming and keep it alive.

Some kind of anti cheat, and the ability to vote kick people if they are lagging like crazy or being a cock.

Dedicated servers to get rid of the P2P nonsense.

Gear stats....ehhhhh I'd really like there to just be game modes without it. Have a version of every game mode that's vanilla, and any gear you wear is just cosmetic. I don't see this happening because buying/upgradings/swapping gear is a big money maker for them with whatever paid currency I'm sure they'll add.

Aside from all that I thought the Alpha was great.

It's already fucked up:

>third person
>p2p
>lock on combat
>moba
>blocking that's essentially a QTE mechanism
>catered for consoles & casuals

pic related will be the saviour of melee gaming

Orochi has a far too easy opener into their combo

the backwards dash into the dash attack is basically instant and a better counter than their actual deflect, and it can then be led into a free overhead

Uplay

That's it.

by your definition of QTE, every time you need to press a button in a videogame is a QTE

take your shitposting hat off for a second

I saw a bunch of webms of this game and it looked some like some korean f2p with the intrusive ui contast pop ups and xp shit.

That move needs to burn more stamina. Maybe they should also make it un-cancel-able. Once the Roachi starts to run at you they must commit, rather than stopping and going for an overhead combo with no stamina cost.

Probably DLC jewery
Can't see them fucking the gameplay up too bad. Despite the meme not all ubisoft games are shit. They do need to be taken with a grain of salt given their history of fuck ups though.

No my definition of a QTE is when the action you need to take is displayed on screen a short instant before you need to make the action. That's literally how the blocking works in that shitty game

That's true, but it's always disheartening to see and slightly maddening when you're trying to play in a way that doesn't accumulate cheap wins. It's more damaging to a community than anything.

shit just sux man

I just think that you get stunned for long enough for them to get an additional heavy overhead for free is ridiculous

that wasn't even considering all the mixups they can do with canceling the dash and then going into a guard break or dashing from the side or waiting for you to try and interrupt and then parrying you

This.
As someone who has played Peer to Peer multiplayer it is never a good time. They seriously need to have servers or they will be fucked in the ass long term by players getting tired of lag.

holy shit dude I just googled this looks amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA

the indicator just tells you what direction your opponent is swinging for

if you play like you suggest playing your guard will be incredibly unstable and keep on giving him the advantage, you still have to pay attention to your opponents swing speed and strafing

They already fucked it up by making blocking 3 directional instead of 8 like they had originally.

samefag

this is now a Mordhau thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=zx_GzGn1QYQ

Why do the devs treat their players as retards? Why can't they judge their blocks from the weapon animations alone? Is it because it's a game catered for console casuals?

That's the sort of shit that needs to disappear from videogames. It makes things less about fun and more about memorizing the solutions to stupid shit you couldn't have known about before dying.

First person is not a good melee system. First person will never have a good melee system. Get over yourself user and go make your own thread shilling the game you like.

Oh they already fucked up in the beta with all the connectivity issues. I can already imagine the initial release being a cluster fuck when the server is overloaded and you gotta reconnect after every swing.

Holy fuck just release the kickstarter already

youtube.com/watch?v=9-OHBsVcTQI

>8
what the fucking fuck
that's insane, do they have any gameplay footage of this?

>First person is not a good melee system. First person will never have a good melee system.

Wrong.

Source: best 1st person chivalry player vs best 3rd person chivalry player

youtube.com/watch?v=W0Tutxy9sCE

don't respond to me unless you come through with some facts/evidence otherwise you sound like a fool.

good lord this is an atrociously ugly game

Because some of the weapons are simply too quick to judge reliably purely from eyesight, not to mention you'd have a lot more confusion from attacks coming from the left but since the placing of the people is wonky it would appear as if it hits your right

not to mention that there's a feint system so the "QTE indicators" you're so eager to complain about are usually just used to fuck over inexperienced players who rely on them

That player is using the "runescape ini" which some comp players use to max out their frame rates or to make it easier to focus on the gameplay rather than the scenery

They can't get a free heavy, but they can get the double overhead light. I think that should be changed, let them combo it and try for the move, but it shouldn't be free, give the person a chance to block.

Unless you have a magical way to stop everyone caring about virtual points, yer fucked kiddo

>WAAA the weapons are too FAST >:(((

lol I knew For Plebs shitters were bad but that's embarrasing. Watch this chiv player read like 5 feints in a row

youtube.com/watch?v=EjkB-EQ8Bxg

is that video suppose to make me do anything but laugh

>implying the can't drop technical support and jew on microtransactions at the same time.

We all laughed when we saw it live so no I guess not

Looks pretty good. I do wonder why pc games never lock movement during attacks. It makes them feel less like specific actions and more like one ambiguous mess.

....this honestly looks preferable to some people. I don't care if For Honor requires less skill it doesn't look like hot dogshit, and I'm not talking about the background the character animations are atrocious.

>Judging a 2017 release to a 2012 release in terms of appearance

Compare it to chivalry's spiritual successor, Mordhau.

youtube.com/watch?v=0EVwamZgzeM

> I do wonder why pc games never lock movement during attacks

So you can re-position your strike and not hit team mates to create a higher skill ceiling. Why would you want a static attack?

>I don't care if For Honor requires less skill

Ladies and Gentlemen: Neo-Cred Forums.

you do understand that "read" implies prediction, not reaction right

your video demonstrates nothing but mindgames, which for honor has aplenty

Netcode was really bad in the """"alpha""" (aka post gold public demo), to the point where players on console were getting booted out of every other match. pc was slightly better though.

also
>peer2peer
that just kills it. it kills any sort of competitive design they were going for, it kills the longevity of the game because in a year when the game's dead, the eight people still playing won't be able to play with each other.

that said i'll happily rent it from a redbox, play 40 hours over three days then return it without wanting to touch it ever again, like I did with the division.

>the game is bad but I'll sink 40 hours into it over the spam of 3 days
interesting

>downgrade the game on release
>extremely buggy and glitchy release
>mass amounts of DLC and preorder content
>bad net code and laggy servers
>or peer to peer shittery
>dropping support altogether
>repetitive gameplay and cheap combos

Any of these are possible with Ubisoft.

You can gamble-read feints in chivalry but good players have trained themselves to block as late as possible, no need to predict.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fviG7PG9qA

See the first 10 seconds of the above

I didn't say it was bad, just the netcode is awful. the game itself is great fun and I bet the campaign will be pretty cool, cause the AI used everything it had access to.

Just, the online was totally fucked, and there's no way they re-design it's entire netcode in 5 months.

holy shit this looks clunkier than dark souls combat. at least for honor looks polished, let's see if it stays like that in the release though.

>Rainbow Six Siege
>it was quick and easy to get the whole roster.
I cannot fucking believe how cuckolded you "gamers" are ever since League of Legends. You retards have somehow been brainwashed into thinking it's okay to PAY MONEY FOR A GAME and only get 2 or 3 characters, with the rest gated behind grinding currency or a cash shop. But it's okay goy, you don't have to buy the characters outright, you could always just purchase a 7 Day Coinz Boost for $5.99!

The worst part is people defend this fucking lunacy to the death with shit like "it's not that hard to grind currency! quit complaining and play the game!" and "wow, you're so entitled! if you don't like it, don't play it!"

Fucking pathetic lmao

This is a downgraded combat version of Dark Souls 3. It's clunky as shit.

>at least for honor looks polished

[citation needed]

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be able to drastically reposition a heavy attack.
Also I'd argue having to actually aim your shit correctly the first time requires equal or greater skill compared to being able to correct on the fly.

steel is gotten through contracts and shit, best bet is that it'll just be steel, but you'll be able to buy steel outright with cash.

If the price on heroes is only 500 steel, that's a day at best. the 2 dailies, plus 2 or 3 contracts is easily 500 steel. I'd unlocked every single hero, and had blue level 8s on orochi by the end of the alpha, and that was just 3 days.

>Also I'd argue having to actually aim your shit correctly the first time requires equal or greater skill compared to being able to correct on the fly.

I mean you could argue that but then you'd be a retard. Are you a retard, user?

>yet another shitty indie game where armor is purely cosmetic and have zero gameplay ramifications other than maybe a lazy -10% speed +10% HP

simply epic

Odachi fucked it up already

p2p based

it's already fucked senpai

>purely cosmetic
>speed and health stats

Underage detected.

>completely cosmetic
>except the stats they offer
lel
like berserker or peacemaker then? They both have the same deflect orochi does. git gud.

Black vikings or samurai or knights. Black anything, and you autists will sperg out.

Real games simulate armor physics and thickness (Exanima, any game with tanks), this is just boring lazy shit

I guess I must be because I replied to (you)

I bet you haven't even played Siege, stupid white kid

peacemaker wasnt in alpha and i never had a zerker pull off those retarded unblockable counter attacks or dodge like a shittfuck and attack at the same time. What did zerk have, i dont remember, when he blocked he like auto guardbroke or something which was nothing compared to the block and insta unblockable attack odachi had. It was retarded as fuck.

>is retard
>is underage
>is a weeb also

Colour me surprised.

Okay, but you should try to learn english mister shitposter.
"purely cosmetic" then saying "except these things that aren't cosmetic that are also on the armor" is a retarded statement.

they don't?

berserkers deflect leads into a guardbreak, and you don't even know what peacemakers looks like

and not to mention that the deflect is hardly orochis problem, it's the instant dash and ridiculous mixups it can pull off

Berserker got a free guard crush that lasted the same length as a perfect parry, meaning free heavy attack/leadin to the almost infinite attack cycle that berserker had.

And if you didn't want to deal with the counters, maybe stop spamming such easily countered attacks?

>don't even know what peacemakers looks like
so you didn't play in the tech test?

easily countered attacks he says, nigger everything could be countered by a good player, what do you think you should do, nothing but guard breaks vs odachi or something? He will just dodge out of the way.

I've played in them both

are you just here to lie for (you)s or what

so which playable character is black in this game?

It might as well be purely cosmetic if you're just shuffling numbers around, you fucking retard. Final Fantasy 1 in 1987 had armor you wear that changes your stats. It's fucking 2016 we are well overdue for some actual armor simulation (dents, shearing, piercing)

Once again, if the only difference in this game between someone wearing full plate and someone without a shirt on is 10% damage reduction and -10% speed it might as well be fucking cosmetic because that's not a real simulation

You're jerking off over a fighting game like it's realistic in any way lmao

>got a free guard crush that lasted the same length as a perfect parry, meaning free heavy attack/leadin to the almost infinite attack cycle that berserker had.
Oh I didn't realize we're discussing mechanics with someone who has literally never played the game

>muh realism

Don't you have Battlefield 1 threads to shitpost in?

Uplay, microtransactions, P2P

no, quit using fucking regular light attacks and heavy attacks against an orochi.

OROCHI. you stupid faggot who didn't even play in the alpha. OROCHI. Use the warden shoulder bash, conq shield bash, raider sidesweep, berserker overhead, kensei overhead. ANY of those force a movement from the OROCHI, and they can't be deflected, only parried. And if you're getting parried using those attacks, they're just straight up better than you.

Microtransactions and pay 2 win DLC, just like Rainbow Six Siege.

It's a damn shame they keep killing good games with jewery.

lol u are so butthurt by misspelling, i bet all you did was play ODACHI. Everything you said could be easily dodged by an odachi

So you're an orochi player, eh

>if you're getting parried for using incredibly slow moves they're better than yoo
???

>uninformed retard is uninformed

In mordhau different weps will have differing effectiveness against certain types of armor, alongside speed and hits to kill. And you mentioned realism, not us. Come back when you're 18 mmk?

No, I played warden, and shit all over orochis because every single orochi neglected the fact parrying existed and ate shoulder charges. Know what I did after I hit them if they kept trying to bait an attack? Walk the fuck away. In duels the higher HP% wins after timeout, in conquest you can just fuck off and they'll be forced to come after you.

Every single one of their moves is straight up blockable as they have NO unblockable, except the counter, which you can avoid ever giving to them by not running up and using attacks that they can fucking deflect in rapid succession because you're too stupid to switch it up.

holy fuck Cred Forums you're full of shitters today.

>every single orochi neglected the fact parrying existed and ate shoulder charges

Ok so you think its balanced cause you played against shitty players. Fuck off

everything you've said works against absolute retards only

I assume you were fortunate enough to never actually fight an orochi, or dumb enough to think the orochi you were fighting were good

You are a fucking moron, every character was good, the only op character was the one with the coubter i cant remember his name, and even then you could just outplay them and toss them off an edge or into spike or fire

jesus he's just fucking people up

DLC with African warriors when?

>Because some of the weapons are simply too quick to judge reliably purely from eyesight
If those are so fast, then make them weaker, basic balance stuff.

Most of it stems from the lack of knowledge that you can parry the unblockable attack

it's incredibly hard to dodge out of so people get caught trying to do it from every direction

that's some quality balance right there, make weapons impossible to block reliably so you make them do less damage, not seeing how irritating that will be for every player

the feint system make the indicators an incredibly untrustworthy thing, I assure you that casuals didn't get carried by it

Well, its already on Uplay so i'd say they're on the right path to shit.
Shame to be honest, game looks pretty entertaining imo.

what makes Uplay any worse than steam or any other DRM you currently have on your computer

It doesn't even fucking work properly.

You can already pick black skin colour

First of all the PeacekeepePeacekeeper wasn't in the test, so someone not knowing what she looks like is understandable.

Second, the Zerker deflect gave you a free light or throw, but not a free heavy, if you used the throw to push them into a wall for a stagger then you get a free heavy. If they are any good though they will keep away from walls and your throw misses the target a lot anyways. Plus if they go for an overhead heavy they can't combo. Has to be a weaker side heavy to start the chain or a light attack.

Any of them if you want, or none.

Zerker overhead can be deflected, zerker doesn't have any unblockable attack.

>uPlay
already have

listen servers are ideal for co-op though
for pvp they suck donkey dick since the host has an immense advantage

If they keep it like it was in the alpha and add more characters in sold

Raider unblockable is easy to dodge if the situation is right. If you are on level ground and no walls or people in the way, just side dodge into the attack rather than away and you slip under the axe.

If you are higher up, surrounded by minions, blocked in by another player, or against a wall, then you have to parry it or tap them with a light attack to cancel.

All these kids crying about Uplay, it's no better or worse than steam you valve-cucks. Galaxy, Origin, Uplay, Steam...no difference. Long as you aren't using Bethesda's shitty manager you are fine.

I got into closed alpha

The fact it even touches uPlay killed it enough for me

also these

P2P

>retarded vikings vs samurai vs knights mouth-breathing autism story/plot if anything
>dumbed down rock paper scissors kick/tackle gameplay
what's to like?
mirage is coming out soon anyways

you can't just grab all the buzzwords at once

you gotta ration them out

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Lkuf-ZmHw
mirage is this with magic

I never got booted once in alpha. I'd recommend living in a place other than your shitty paid-for-by-disability welfare apartment.

>Indieshit that will never get past the demo stage.

>chivalry has 40k+ reviews on steam
>that's just people who felt strongly enough to review it
>still has hundreds of people playing it after 4-6 years
go back to povertybox lmao

Shit looks fucking boring

>P2W
>Siege

shitposter go home

>charging $80 for game then locking more content that isn't even DLC behind more $$$

that would be extreme fucking Jewry, I don't think even Ubisoft is that bad?

Chivalry 2016 is legit just a big cesspool of retards spinning around and abusing whatever is hot while screaming how good they are

how did they get the graphics to look so shitty lmao
>enter your config files and import these custom 16 bit textures into the game to make sure you can play at constant 120 FPS even if your computer is simultaneously running weather probability simulations
>increase FOV to max so that the FPS models get fucked for maximum play

srsly tho
>2 best chiv players
>both faggots just 2hand swording with knight class
chivalry was balanced like ass. Once people figured out if you got good with archer you could solo the universe it was ogre and archers were just banned/limited. Since it was the only class that could beat knights ;)

Nah, Ubisoft is at a point right now where it needs community support to avoid being taken over by a hostile french media company. They won't go full retard on anything until the crisis is over.

It's that plus the only people who play it now are the people who started playing years ago and make it impossible for new players to get in on it

I just can't get behind first person melee stuff.

The animations look clunky, there's no impact to any of your attacks and having the arms flailing out of your face like they do just looks terrible.

Wait, so it wont be on Steam?

>talking out of your ass
There was never 8 directions.

You only have to play 40 hours to unlock every operator in the base game, for only $5 you can unlock them in 8, are you seriously too poor for $5?

>It's that plus the only people who play it now are the people who started playing years ago and make it impossible for new players to get in on it

Could you not say this about any online game with a moderate skill ceiling?

true, it's still fun though if you avoid those cancerfags and just play normal games
the balance is garbage though, archer > knight > MAA = vanguard

for honor looks like a fun introductory casual game to the 'melee combat' genre that will appeal to wider audiences and expand genre dong
The whole "left/right/up" block/attack shit is far too simple for my personal tastes especially since they force it down your throat so even babies can figure it out despite the fact that the animations are right there in front of you. Making it third person also reduces the intensity of it since you're not right there having to look to your left/right/up to see the attack to block/parry it. Mordhau is spawned from people who are dissatisfied with the potential but lack of realization for chivalry's competitive potential
Mirage is going to be a nice halfway point between casual/hardcore with meme magic it seems, like what chivalry is now
but I wouldn't pay more than 20 dollars for for honor personally, with how simple it is vs how much dlc/paywalling there is inevitably going to be cuz >ubisoft
has ubisoft even made a good game recently?

>QTE combat
>"revenge" mode
>LOCK ON system
>equipment having stats
>P2P servers

already dead on arrival

>2016
Are you seriously too poor for $5?
>2018
Are you seriously too poor for $10?
>2020
Are you seriously too poor for $15?
>2030
Are you seriously too poor for $50?

>You only have to play 40 hours to unlock every operator in the base game, for only $5 you can unlock them in 8, are you seriously too poor for $5?
>pay to grind less in a pay to play game

Nope

performance was much better in the alpha with settings maxed than i get in any of the other ubisoft games I have

the multiplayer maps are not that big though so the campaign may be harder to run

the only major problem was the shitty p2p matchmaking

none of the things you've implicated are inherently bad

Or you can just leave your game on overnight grinding for renown and unlock everybody the next day like I did.

Siege despite what some mememasters will say is one of the best recent shooters. The Crew is pretty fun for racing autists.

I've always believed that Ubisoft wasn't a bad company, just seriously misguided. They're slowly fixing themselves because they're going to be taken over by the REAL jews soon if they lose support.

Stop shilling, I already said I'd buy your game.

>I don't want mouse dragging, I want the skyrim mechanics in my fighting game!

ugh

>qte combat
it's kind of ubisoft's niche
but qte combat and p2p servers are inherently bad, you can't even justify them

>QTE combat
Shallow mechanic, lowers the skill ceiling, lacks longevity.
>LOCK ON system
Further reduces skill ceiling by removing the need to aim.
>equipment having stats
Preorder bonuses.
>P2P servers
Are you fucking serious? P2P is notoriously unreliable, vulnerable to cheaters as calculations can't be done serverside, and inferior in every way to a dedicated server.

fuck off shill nobody wants your indie shit I'd rather buy kingdom come than your chivalry 2: WANNABE EDITION

>game literally has an indicator telling you where to "block"
>revenge mode gives you an extra health bar in a 1v3 ( lol )
>gear gives you stats

Can't believe that console plebs are defending this.

except that indicator can be tricked by using feints, a core part of the game that means you can't just "point where it tells you to block"

>revenge mode gives you an extra health bar in a 1v3
woah its almost like otherwise you would have zero chance of fighting against a group of 3 people

Ah, the elitist Chivalry faggot. Insufferable as ever. You can hear the retard spamming his emotes like his autism depends on it in the video, too.

Your game and its "e-sport" scene is as irrelevant as you are.

And here we have the man that screams about consoles for no reason

>woah its almost like otherwise you would have zero chance of fighting against a group of 3 people

yeah fuck being better than them right?

You can be as good as you want, you're still getting that pussy pounded three ways

t. person who has never experienced ganking before

You can be better than the singular person but having to fight three people at once is a lot different

I wasn't aware that grouping up with people is now considered a "skill"

Why am I forced to look in a direction to block in that direction? I have peripheral vision, I don't need to stare at an axe to see that it's coming at me.

Why is the "block" a timed thing? Is there a reason I cannot guard a side the entire time?

Why do I have no guard stances to be in at all to attempt to have my enemy react in a manner I wish?

youtube.com/watch?v=4b4VxLFlKiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=pnBJk0mujac

git better

Chivalry isn't the same thing at all, where your movement is entirely free and it's easy to move around and fight multiple people

For Honor's movement is very limited and revolves around things that make 3v1s super stacked against the solo.

>because ganks are manageable in game X means that they are manageable in game Y
What the fuck dude, what meds are you on

>Posting chivalry
>Posting the most meta class
>Posting the most retarded combat

Your opinion has been noted and disregarded.

>woah its almost like otherwise you would have zero chance of fighting against a group of 3 people

How exactly is this shitter crutch a good mechanic? If your buddies and you gang up against lone enemies and proceed to fuck them over for not sticking and covering their team mates, why is it good that said lone shitter can fend off all attackers without using any skill?

>For Honor's movement is very limited and revolves around things that make 3v1s super stacked against the solo.

that's why the lock on "feature" doesn't work at all in a game where you aren't doing 1v1s all the time

salty scrub who ragequitted after 10 hours?

because numbers shouldn't determine a game

if someone on your team drops out, that's it, you lost, you can never coordinate with the remaining AI and so in most situations its 4v3, what a skillful game that is

surely someone even as defensive as you can understand that, not to mention that revenge isn't something that simply wins games, you still have to work for it

>Chivalry fag with a superiority complex

Every time. You retards meme yourselves.

that's called inflation

because kingdom come is easier than chivalry2 wannabe edition I bet
games designed for consoles almost default to being garbage on PC for being dumbed down trash to be playable with shitty limited 10 button controllers. Most mouses have 5-10 buttons on them alone before you add the 50+ that keyboards allow. Plus the allowance for player-precision is superior on keyboard + mouse. So yeah.
because that's where the part that kills u is coming from.
"but I don't need to look at a blade to parry it" go back to watching anime

It's a parry. it's a timed thing for gameplay/balance reasons.
>guard stances
what is a guard stance? is that where you press x and auto-parry/dodge all incoming attacks like a cooldown in an MMO?
dam son
lmao, spoken like someone who hasn't played chiv outside of some pubbie server full of level 1-5s but assumes they're great at it cuz >melee game

you guys realize the argument here is that for honored is dumbed down casual shit right?
You're saying you can't 1v3 in for honor because of the systems in place designed to negate player skill as a factor
"whoaa rock paper scissors up/left/right"
"but you can kiicckk!!"
"press E to kill the enemy!"
You can't win a 1v3 in for honor without an extra life bar because the system is so limiting it has to "allow" you to win in a 1v3
it's a dumb casual pos for dumb casual mouthbreathers desu famalams

>because numbers shouldn't determine a game
Why? Numbers are one of the most defining aspects of a fight.

>if someone on your team drops out, that's it, you lost, you can never coordinate with the remaining AI and so in most situations its 4v3, what a skillful game that is
The revenge mechanic is not exclusive to the team that's a man down. If all 3 of the team who lost a man gank 2 of the 4 man team, there is nothing stopping the revenge mechanic from kicking in and massively boosting the 2 against the 3. Yep, totally skill. And if someone drops out, it's up to the MM to fill the spot with another player.

>surely someone even as defensive as you can understand that, not to mention that revenge isn't something that simply wins games, you still have to work for it
My problem with it is that it's a dumb mechanic that artificially obstructs a legit tactic, and my problem with your argument is that the revenge mechanic is not exclusively beneficial to a handicapped team.

I'm sorry that the game doesn't allow you to go for the easiest wins possible by letting you gank everyone in your path with zero thought

dark souls 3 is going to get a DLC soon though, so look forward to that

By putting women in it.

american games have retailed for $60 for over a decade

fuck off retard

>Game prices have not stepped ahead of inflation
lol

>what is a guard stance?
the positioning of your body and weapon in order to protect yourself from an attack.

Are you an idiot?

>I'm sorry that the game doesn't allow you to go for the easiest wins possible by letting you gank everyone in your path with zero thought

I'm sorry your poorly thought out argument didn't work against the fact that the revenge system is not exclusive to a losing team or a handicapped team. I also pity you for liking an artificial barrier that further lowers the skill ceiling because you cannot win in the game without an extra HP boost when against multiple opponents, rather than using skill or technique to defeat them.

I've never played a DS game.

faggot

That's actually called pricing, not inflation
no desu I'm assuming you are and just want a defensive win-button.
If you want stances there's blade symphony, stances are a lot of work from a designer's standpoint for what is often an unrewarding payoff. Then you're talking about not just balancing individual weapons but balancing those weapons in relation to stances

>peacekeeper, valkyrie and nobushi are locked as female

Defend this

It's litterally impossible to survive in 1v4 without Revenge if the 4 others are not complete idiots.
Why do you think that the Revenge system was created?

>Because its easier

No because it's more solid of a game with actual thought and quality put into it instead of being a 1:1 ripoff of Chivalry you putrid retard

I bet you think Dark Souls is the greatest franchise on earth because LE DIFFICULTY

I think it's dumb but at least permissible considering Ubisoft never claimed the game was historically accurate.

>next tom kalanski's
rainbow six siege has had free dlc being added to it for almost a year now

>Why do you think that the Revenge system was created?
To cater to casuals.

valkyrie is fine but peacekeeper and nobushi being female only is fucking retarded

where are the male only classes? nice sexism double standard

except 15 hours into siege i had every operator, full equipment, and skins for all them
it doesn't take grinding it's just a fun bit of progression as you progress through the game
you act like it's something new

At a glacial process, which you also need to grind for hours on end to unlock. I know it's free, but they still want people to pay to avoid the grind for the free content, which is shitty.

source

stay small console cuck

>defending a game with forced lock on
>defending a game with P2P server
>defending a game with gear stats
>defending a game where you gain an extra health bar in 1v3
>defending a game with an indicator telling you where to block, instead of looking at your opponent's stance

Are you even trying?

lawbringer, shugoki and warlord are locked as male iirc

>catering to casuals
>in a game where you fucking have to learn to block, parry, deflect, counter, interrupt, feint, guardbreak, counter-guardbreak
Yeah no
There are one male-only and one female-only class for each faction, retard

Holy shit look at the bigger picture for a little bit, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the game you're suggesting will be incredibly boring

the for honor you're suggesting will just be 2 groups of 4 people each running around from point to point trying to pick off anyone who strays from their group, and when the two groups eventually clash the fight will be nothing more than a clusterfuck with zero thinking from either side, just who has the wider swings and hits their teammates the least

revenge is a deterrent from that sort of boring ass behavior, because the 1v1s in this game are actually fun and that's what the game is trying to make you participate in the most

honestly it seems ok
I don't mind gender locking if they're not in retarded bikinis myself, just worried they won't be able to choke up on the shaft of those naginata/spears for close in fighting.
so because it's easier

the worst part is all the moba NPCs use swords and shit instead of spears like they actually would

it wasn't a grind though
the game is fun and has good enough replayability, that by time they release dlcs most players can afford the operators
it probably takes 5 hours of playing to get each new operator, they've added (6 over the course of 10 months)
which isn't a grind, since it just happens while you play and enjoy the game normally

>Didn't say a thing about For Honor negative/positive
>You still spout bullshit and scream about it and consoles like a fucking baboon

You should probably kill yourself for being such a massive, projecting moron.

but it is

>>in a game where you fucking have to learn to block, parry, deflect, counter, interrupt, feint, guardbreak, counter-guardbreak
"Learn" Fucking lol, yeah you really need to learn when the game prompts on what buttons you need to press to defend, the game prompts you from what direction the enemy is attacking from, the game prompts you on what type of attack and from which direction he is attacking.

Sure is a high skill ceiling with much to learn.

but chivalry is an awful game designed for first person
the games with the best melee combat are third person

I don't know about you guys but I'm gonne rekt some noobs with the valkyrie

fake lagertha sounds cool af

not him but do you know why people play video games?

It seems pretty futile to argue against someone who saw a 10 second video of for honor, never played the game and thinks he's an expert

but here's your one final (you), free of charge

>post-gold public demo
>5 months before its release

You're a faggot that knows nothing in the vidya development process.

>the game prompts on what buttons you need to press to defend
no
>the game prompts you from what direction the enemy is attacking from
yes, in order for you to counter with the move you want in the appropriate direction
>the game prompts you on what type of attack and from which direction he is attacking
stop repeating yourself

>chivalry was balanced like ass. Once people figured out if you got good with archer you could solo the universe it was ogre and archers were just banned/limited. Since it was the only class that could beat knights ;)

lmao knights are far from OP
>vanguards with heavy weapons will stamdrain you and 3 hits ( 2 with polehammer )
>man at arms are unkillable in duel
>archers are archers

Polearms represent

How would it be a defensive "I win" button? as you can see you're only protecting a single area from where you could be attacked. There's nothing stopping anyone from attacking from another direction, or from that direction in hopes of breaking through your guard. The stance is only there to be ready from that position, giving you an easier ability to protect or attack from that direction, while making it harder to do so from another.

For Honor has a bit of the stances in their game, the animations your character does when switching from one of the three directions are all stances, and tell people from what direction a person is about to attack or is more easily able to defend from.

So why does a shitty console game made by money grubbing faggots have even a semblence of this important part of real life martial arts but games that fans always say are more realistic and complex drop it in favor of universal quick time block mechanics?

fair enough about balance, It's been a long time I don't remember it well.

I hope there's a Lucerne head for the Lawbringer.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUfdw1zXD0o

For Honor needs Kendos tbqh

it's just so slow and clunky and awkward to watch and play.

When they try to balance it, they'll fuck that up for sure.

chivalry doesn't make things look desirable, the game is too awful

it's balanced though, just tell them not to

Don't have to I'm not a AAA grade autist, so I don't give a fuck.

What game?

I've never been good at playing big heavy slow characters, but that massive fat fuck shugoki looks too cool to pass up. I want to throw on the most insane Oni mask, gear up my studded for her pleasure kanabo and hammer some deus vult fags into the ground.

Those backbreaker executions like fucking Bane, ohhhh boy. You guys can dick measure about skill levels across other melee games, but this game is fun and that's why I play games, not to memorize and hone some OP meta like an idiot savant.

> I want to throw on the most insane Oni mask, gear up my studded for her pleasure kanabo and hammer some deus vult fags into the ground.

You are my brother in arms.

For some reasons I always found the hanging stance balling as fuck.

I would generally favor high, protecting my head and levering my (hopefully) greater strength in a downward strike, or go for a low guard, since a fallen fighter is a dead one.

But High guard always looks so goofy, so low for style points.

Nigga ubisoft and fucking shit up is like bread and butter.

Lawbringer looks so fucking cool

Fixd