battlefleetgothic-leviathan.com/
youtu.be/pkCOvIVbKug
youtu.be/vfdYl4vPyKA?t=39s
youtube.com/watch?v=gBMkbAM1qiA
youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Baldness.

his own "father" implanted his geneseed on him against his will

This is Horus, right? Not really familiar with 40k stuff.

claws are retarded weapons.

This guy

when will your autism stop?

Did you mean to make that sound lewd

the real question is what are these guy's problem

I want to worship slaaneesh's penis

theres just a mouth there user... Try Khorne

is it true, that gork and mork shit all over the chaos gods and could easily destroy them, if they werent beating the shit out of each other all the time?

>papa nurgle has a problem at all

Here's your explanation, OP

>ywn be railed by Slaanesh for eternity

no

gork and mork don't even exist

Which one is which and what do they do again?

He's not pic related and he knows it.

Did they bother fleshing out Horus with a proper motivation yet?

yes

everything about that image is retarded

>claws
>mace
>fuckhuge pauldrons that block your field of vision
>cape and bearskin(how the fuck are there even any bears left in the 41st millennium) that hinders your movement

There's my bird boy!

Oh boy, there's his deep seated insecurity and inferiority complex regarding where he thinks (rightly) that he's unworthy of the title of Warmaster and that Sanguinius is in every way better than Horus himself (the former is just too humble to take advantage of that)

Then there's the stress of being Warmaster. He just HAD to prove his dad that he's worthy of the title (and that he's better than Sanguinius) so he overworked himself, getting paranoid, naive and stubborn. He started surrounding himself with Yes Men like who slowly corrupts him to Chaos by feeding his pride.

Then he realized his dad is a dick and tried to show the old man off but instead ended up justifying his dad's assholeness.

Horus is an ironic tragedy. If only he didn't try to be as great as everyone thought he is he wouldn't be so hated. And if he didn't try to "save" mankind by stopping his father, he wouldn't have doomed the Imperium and making his fears a reality.

But don't pity the man, like Kharn, he had many opportunity to not fall the deep end but didn't, despite whining all the way how he had no choice.

He was almost killed in a fight and was healed up by a wizard/acolyte/something that channeled chaos into him.

Wait, is Dorn in both dependent and OCD? Or is that a different Primarch in OCD?

Also,
>nails in your brain disorder
kek

that's amazingly bad, instead of falling to chaos he got it pumped into his ass

brava

that's what a cunningly brutal god would have you believe

Git a lod a dis humie

What game is this from??

That's Robot Gorillaman under OCD user, come on.

say that to his face fgt

pic related because you'll need one

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

not a game a preview on an animation film that look good as fuck it's on youtube

Horus lost any sympathy the moment he decided to stab his own children in the back on Istvan III, it's one thing to try to steal the throne from Big E it's another thing entirely to turn on the people who see you as a god because they're not blind killing machines.

He wasn't this guy.

What was this character's end game?

Topleft is Khorne, 'Lord of Skulls', God of blood, war and murder.
Topright is Tzeentch, 'Changer of Ways', God of change, intrigue and sorcery.
Bottomleft is Nurgle, 'The Plague Lord', God of disease, decay and destruction.
Bottomright is Slaanesh, 'Prince of Pleasure', God of pleasure, passion, lust and Cred Forums traps.

fuck gulliman and fuck his codex that transformed the space marines in a fucking robotic administration and what kind af asperge syndrom make you think that you need a bazillion foudings ?

He kept getting posted on Cred Forums

Lorgar realised that mankind fundamentally needed religion and gods to worship to be able to function, he tried to make a religion out of the Emperor but when the E wouldn't stop tipping his fedora Lorgar decided to go look for another religion and he found one.

Honestly, he's one of the lesser edgelords when it comes to chaos, the dude basically understood that a single society spanning the breadth of the galaxy required fanatic faith to keep it glued together, regardless of what the faith was in.

holy shit i was gonna kill myself today but now im gonna wait for this

Except Ultramar is literally the best place in the Imperium to be an ordinary citizen in, the smurfs are the closest to being humane governors in the grim darkness of the far future.

May as well get the rope user, no point living to see the disappointment of GW C&Ding the makers before the full thing is finished.

No user, that's what a brutally cunning god would have you believe

I was not trying to spit on the almighty ultramarines (even if the guy on this pic make me want to do kinda this) I was just pointing out that the codex astarte was a mistake

well good thing only Smurfs follow it then

>what kind af asperge syndrom make you think that you need a bazillion foudings ?
>bazillion greenskins
>bazillion xenos
>bazillion heretics
Some would say it was warranted, brother.

youtu.be/b6rkXGikuNA?t=27s

Once E-money gets off the throne or kicks the bucket.

Hopefully it squeaks through like that lackluster Ultramarines movie

well in this case you don't need a bazillion chapters you need one fucking army of a million bazillion space marines

Conflicting canon (as with everything else in 40k)
To quote Vegeta: power levels are bullshit.

I thought Nurgle was less about destruction and more about despair/not giving a fuck.

stop making me cry holy shit

Iz you tryin ta start sumfink?

No. Nurgle is Death.

based sanginius/vulkan

I miss khan

nope a lot of minor chapters follow it if the space furry's and the mongols of Khan think they are to much cool for this shit but a lot of chapter follow it like the fucking lectitio divinitatus

>well in this case you don't need a bazillion chapters you need one fucking army of a million bazillion space marines

Yeah, they tried that pre-heresy, it resulted in a civil war where half of the forces went rogue because of 9 people. The legions were broken up into much smaller chapters for a reason, decentralisation means any one army turning chaotic does less damage.

>minor chapters
no one cares about those!

Yeah, but chaos.

You can't have one guy in charge of that many space marines and ships.

Yeah, chapters are a legit good idea.

Lizen ere ya grot, theyz be brutaly cunnin every ork whoz an ork knowz tat

He's depression basically.

He controls other things as well as space marines. Cultists, daemons, sorcerers, etc.

He is death and decay, but worshiping nurgle is to accept those inevitabilities with open arms. Nurgle's followers are actually more jovial and happy than the average heretic, accepting death and disease as gifts from their benevolent father.

Seriously though, what the fuck was his problem?

You wot? Everywun knowz theyz cunningly brutal, you zoggin squigg-fer-brainz!

Why does GW hate money?

Orkz are a treasure

Nothing
Emperor did nothing wrong

>godlike being who recognizes the fault with religion and the dangers of making chaos well-known
>tries to create 20 primarchs to spread his will across the cosmos, make the universe a utopia of order for humanity where xenos are controlled or wiped out if control is impossible
>instead, his most trusted children turn on him, try and kill him, and 10,000 years later, despite his insistance to the contrary, humanity worships him as a god, making his entire crusade pointless

I'd be pissed too.

That's a wolf you idiot.

Horus was the primarch of the Luna Wolves chapter.
Hence the wolf.

>GW C&Ding them
But user, you're retarded. They actually gave it their "blessing". Basically giving it the okay.

Ask the chaos niggers

I'm Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an' I speak wiv da word of da godz. I'm bout to send da boyz to feed ya to da squigz

Damn that looks fucking cool

>(how the fuck are there even any bears left in the 41st millennium)
Space Bears.
Entire planets filled with 20 feet tall bears with adamantium claws and steel bones.

So Eternal Crusade seems to be out. So it is basically Planetside 2? But is it good? Honestly could not get into Planetside 2 much.

Magnus and Kharn got it the worst I think.

If the loyal space marines and primarchs knew what the Emperor was really like and how much he hated religious bullshit why did they let it get so bad and why do they still go along with it?

>the dangers of making chaos well-known

To the masses. He really, really should have trusted the primarchs with that information. I mean, when you tell everyone that religion is a sham and there are no gods but there literally are gods you're taking a pretty fucking big risk there.

>So it is basically Planetside 2?
No
>But is it good?
"Fun"

Slaanesh is the god of excess not just "lolsex".

Excess includes, pain, pleasure, perfection, greed, beauty, gluttony and even noise.
Anything taken to its most extreme is within Slaanesh's domain.

Its people like you who got Slaanesh squated in AoS.

The Emperor had terrible, TERRIBLE people skills, he was way out of touch and didn't understand how to work with his underlings. He created these demi-gods through genetic engineering and decided to use them as killing machines basically, when he could have had them work in all areas of Imperial administration. The Thousand Sons were born scientific nerds, not soldiers, he shouldn't have pigeonholed them into killing. Worse still

>Hey, one of my primarchs ended up as a child slave, was raised as a gladiator, had electrodes stuck into his brain to make him extra violent, now he lives for the pure bloodshed
>I'm going to make him one of my trusted generals, he's exactly the sort of person I want spreading the light of humanity

People are naturally inclined toward religiosity.

If you don't give them something to worship then you leave a massive hole for chaos to fill.

He lost all sympathy the moment he took Erebus' word over of Magnus'.
>Hmm this Astartes has got to know more about the warp than the second most powerful Psyker in existence

Pretty sure chaos has done more damage to mankind since that shit took off than when the Emperor was keeping a lid on it.

Turok, as I like to call the emperor, treated his soldiers and troops and sons like toys, not like human beings.

He forgot this somewhere along the line and fucked them over

Why else do you think over half of them have daddy issues

Fucking this

Oi, ere dat ladz? Dis Nob iz impersonatin' da Warboss an' spreadin' dis humie filth.

Time fer a propa fight! WAAAAGH!

>So it is basically Planetside 2?
It was supposed to...
goddamn it

>The Emperor had terrible, TERRIBLE people skills

Yeah, because they now have the traitor space marine legions that he made.

It's true, I can't imagine how the golden crusade even lasted 200 years without the Imperium collapsing in on itself. Go read the Thousand Sons novel for an example of the absolutely appalling management that happened under the golden throne, I swear I don't remember the last time a book made this angry, I was fucking livid when I finished reading it.

Who has the worst plot armor in all of 40k?

lamenters

khorne is blood, war, murder, and honor. if you're going on a killing spree just to murder people who piss you off, you're honouring khorne

tzeentch is change, intrigue, and sorcery. if you're betraying those who trust you, deceiving to gain power, or generally being a dick, you're honouring tzeentch

nurgle is the lord of death, decay, and stagnation. Nurgle loves you, and those boils and pussy infections are his way of showing it. Accept that you're going to die and that life is suffering--that is the way of nurgle.

slaanesh is the lord of excess, not just drugs and passion. it isn't enough that you're fucking a whore, or blowing a rail of coke
you need to be getting fist-fucked by a space marine in terminator armor while blowing 5 kilos of coke and gouging your partner's eyes out to prolong their orgasm. seeking utter perfection, indulging in base pleasures in excess--the artful serial killer who sees his atrocities as beauty: THAT'S how you serve slaanesh.

>I'm already a demon Kazriman

The whole thing is shoddily plotted really.

The Emperor had tens of thousands of years to make his plan but then he just half arses it all at the last second and it falls apart.

or he meant for the heresy to happen

Lucius, easily lucius. He has had his ass handed to him multiple times and yet that bitch is still kicking.

Khan is also a candidate but unlike lucius he doesnt lose fights. Honestly that guy is just too brutal

Saving mankind from laws of nature defying, incomprehensible gods and alien threats by establishing a galactic empire isn't easy, yo

Khan is the true O.G

Nurgle is the god of cowardice. The other gods reward ambition and passion of some form, Khorne the desire to be the best killing machine in the universe, Tzeentch to be the best Machiavellian power player (or in a lot of cases he just feeds the natural thirst for knowledge in people), Slaanesh feeds the desire to hedonistically celebrate existence.

Nurgle? His method of recruiting people is to get those dying from infection and disease to beg for his mercy. If he decides to grant it, then in exchange for protection from his illness he demands his follows spread the rot to others, he's the god of passing your suffering onto others.

>emperor never showed love to his kids
>be surprised when horus gets assblasted against him
>obliterates his mind only when a couple of terminators get completely annihilated

if it wasn't for based sanguinius who exposed a weak spot we'd all be sucking multi-chaos flavored dick now

>eternal crusade launched today
>nobody is talking about it
>no thread even on Cred Forums
why.tiff

Cos its shit

>Khan
aww fuck it. I meant kharn.

Seriously, is there a novel that actually covers the battle of Terra and the confrontation between Horus and Big E?

All of them are gods of selfishness in one form or another.

It's why the Imperium is so obsessed with self sacrifice as a counter to it.

It doesn't look particularly interesting.

>Khorne the desire to be the best killing machine in the universe

Khorne is the god of "KILL, MAIM, BURN"

Not yet, there's a billion book long series that should be building up to the battle of terra though, should get there around 2030.

>hurr it's shit
>hurr it's interesting
Have you played it?
Just finished 3 attack\defense rounds on a 64player map.
Shit was insane.

Horus was just a douche from the start. When he was on his deathbed he lamented the fact that he and his marines were fighting for dirty civilians. He said that imperial citizens didn't deserve the safety that the marines granted them because they didn't fight and die for it.

oh

well Kharn is cool too

I liked that he wasn't a total fuck up like his brothers because unlike them he fell on a civilized world as a baby for a change and had a mother figure who loved him dearly.

>implying victory for chaos wouldn't have led to the inevitable destruction of the chaos gods

You clearly don't think ahead hereti- I mean brother.

>It's why the Imperium is so obsessed with self sacrifice as a counter to it.
You know, I never really thought of it that way. It does make sense though.

its no planetside senpai

>Horus
basically this plus >Curze
was doomed from the start

>Perturabo
Could've been avoided if the Emperor had actually let him do some Empire building instead of giving him all the shit jobs

>Lorgar
Probably beyond saving considering his upbringing but making him bow to the Ultramarines was probably taking things too far

>Alpharius
who even fucking knows

>Omegon
Still loyal

>Fulgrim
probably beyond saving

>Angron
should've been missing primarchsed

>Magnus
THE MOST RETARDED OF THEM ALL ALL THE BIG E HAD TO DO WAS TELL HIM HIS PLANS, IT'S NOT LIKE MAGNUS WAS GOING TO TATTLE ABOUT THE WEBWAY OR THE ASTRONOMICAN TO ANYONE REEEEEEEE

>Mortarion
Probably irredeemable

I have not really read up on the white scars. I started on Path of heaven but i think i should stop go back and read scars first.

he made a bunch of sons to share the power with them to make the empire easier to manage

then he withdrew all the important information from them and often treated them like shit

then half of them rebelled and his favorite son punched his dick out

Yes, and?
Who gives a shit.

The chaos gods backed the wrong primarch.

Omegon is dead, and even if he wasn't him and Alpharius comes as a packed deal, they share a soul, they are incapable of disagreeing.

The entirety of the Alpha legion is still loyal, but don't tell anyone.

It's going to be shit if they ever get there.
Remember, this is the series that had an alien conspiracy use an immortal human who was in every war ever to assassinate MLK to try to exterminate humanity via race war.

>What the fuck was his problem?

The Imperial Truth was a Lie.

>implying based lion would fall for the degenerative forces of chaos

Fucking lol

>IT'S NOT LIKE MAGNUS WAS GOING TO TATTLE ABOUT THE WEBWAY OR THE ASTRONOMICAN TO ANYONE REEEEEEEE

Emperor figured that Magnus would defy his orders and flirt around with the chaos gods, I imagine he didn't want chaos to know of his plan too soon. Of course, they knew about it regardless since they got Magnus to destroy the thing.

That's the charitable interpretation of what happened, the uncharitable (but more likely) explanation is that once construction was finished Magnus's role as the power beacon for the webway/astronomicon would require him to sit on the golden throne for all eternity as a living battery instead of having jolly adventures with his legion, something Big E knew Magnus wouldn't go along with willingly and therefore didn't need to know about in advance.

>this is the series that had an alien conspiracy use an immortal human who was in every war ever to assassinate MLK to try to exterminate humanity via race war
wait what

So is Cypher serving the Cabal or what?

I mean he's clearly not in bed with chaos but he seems to mostly attack imperial forces, it makes sense to me.

ADB needs to learn that Daddy issues is a terrible reason for immortal superhumans to worship evil gods and try to destroy reality.

They knew about his plan all along.

Where do you think the Emperor got his god like power from?

I'm dead serious.

Best Legion

Just pretend you never read that.

Magnus was literally supposed to help Emps with the webway stuff later. And he only made a deal with Tzeentch in desperation, partly because he didn't know shit about Chaos Gods because Emps didn't want to share that info with his fucking Psyker son.

What's the point of making a bunch of sons to help you deal with stuff and then never letting them deal with stuff?

Amazing.

>Sanguinius and his cup of scribble blood

>my name, by the way, is Inquisitor, but you can call me the Heretic-killer, has a nice ring to it doncha think ?

>humans wouldn't bring terran animals with them when settling the galaxy

>Omegon is dead
Probably, but it's ambiguous as to who died at Pluto, whether it was Alpharius, Omegon, or just an XXth Legion mook surgically altered to look like Alph

>implying GW knows or cares either and isn't just abusing the 'I Am Alpharius' meme

I think it's more likely that Alpharius is genuinely working to make Grammaticus' vision come true, and Omegon was always full loyalist, didn't want to go along with the Cabal and is trying to sabotage the Legion's attempts at sabotaging the traitors by pretending to be traitors sabotaging the Imperium

The Devil is not Mocked

>criticising Saint ADB in any kind of way

if this was /tg/ you'd be run out on a pole

with every force he takes on, he gets closer to the golden throne, delivering a message

what's his message?

either a message of empircal ressurection

or
total system failure.

He's a fine writer, easily the best the black library has these days; but I think his characterizations of the primarchs and the emperor fall flat. His marines and regular humans are much better.

The fucking cabal ruined legion. Bronzi and sonica were awesome, even john gramaticus had some cool moments. Alpharius should have just butchered the cabal when that meeting was set up, bunch of xeno fags.

>what if Blizzard owned Warhammer

I have, it's shit.

The Cabal is obviously the hand of the Old Ones.
And that's rad.

fuck off pls, GW has done retarded shit in its life but don't say such horrible things

>corruption and redemption stories everywhere

Mortarion's problem was being even more retarded than Angron and Lorgar combined. He could have been easily manipulated by others just like how Lorgar did to Horus.

How is Khan schizotypal? How is Ferrus antisocial?

I mean the artstyle of that particular pic.

ur a faget - love tzeentch

in a twist, it was actually written by Cegorach, the Deceiver, Trazyn the Infinite and Eldrad Ulthran to make the Emperor get so mad he would reincarnate as the star child and return to the world of the living

just as planned

Ferrus probably from the Iron Hands memes, the person who made the image probably forgets that he hated how his Legion fetishised augmetics and wanted them to stop after the Crusade was done

Yeah, it's pretty weird to apply mortal morals to nine foot tall demigods. You'd think the Primarchs' upbringings, especially the ones from Death Worlds and other shitholes like Deliverance and Nostromo would prepare them for the odd bit of ego trauma. Curze not having a dad or anybody to talk to would surely prepare him for Emps being a bit of a dick to his kids sometimes.

It seems like nobody can agree on whether the Emperor is a tragic figure who didn't foresee the Primarchs attaching familial importance to him (when he came out of the sky and shouted I AM YOUR FATHER to like half of them), or an egomaniacal autocrat who didn't care. The only actual character portrayal of him I've liked so far is The Last Church.

What is the best Imperial Guard regiment and why is it Krieg?

I don't know
They both seem pretty stable desu

Ferrus didn't want his chapter to turn into flesh hating marines, but look what they're doing

He also was busy making cool shit

Based Khan well I dunno lol

>Alpharius/Omegon under PPD
If you mean as in inducing others with paranoia then you'd be right

Kurze is literally Coldsteel: The Primarch.

It's funny because Corvus has very similar backstory, but didn't grow up to be a massive suicidal asshole.

>not Scintillan Fusiliers

Don't you have grox shit to shovel, peasant?

wonder what Lorgar thinks of imperium using his book as a bible

ah ah no

But Lion was the first to fall and entire Dark Angels and successor chapters are secret heretics trying to prevent the Fallen to report them to the loyalist forces.

Khan seems the opposite of schizotypal, he was very humanistic and had a grounded, naturalistic worldview. It's also driving me crazy because I count 18 primarchs but can't find Lorgar.

Have there been any Imperium Planets or Space Marine chapters that have left the Imperium yet haven't fallen to chaos?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JESUS YOU CUNT

delete this

Magnus did nothing wrong

He only wanted to help

I never really liked how similar the two were either. Night Lords are basically Bizarro Raven Guard right down to chapter tactics

The ones that were peacefully assimilated by the Tau.

Khan, Vulkan and Sang*(not really fair because everybody liked him) Would make excellent friends.

>Implying any Space Marines would join the Tau.

[USER WAS ABDUCTED AND TAKEN TO THE ROCK FOR THIS POST]

[...FOR TEA AND BISCUITS AND A QUIET CHAT WITH ASMODAI, FIRST CHAPLAIN (NO SPECIAL TITLES HERE! THE FIRST LE- I MEAN, UNFORGI- I MEAN, DARK ANGELS CHAPTER AND THEIR SUCCESSORS ARE THE MOST DEVOUT FOLLOWERS OF THE CODEX!) OF COURSE]

[F-FOR THE EMPEROR!!]

I like how you pointed out everything that is cool with that image and then tried to make it sound like a bad thing.

Thought he knew everything about everything, when he learned he fucked up royally he decided to have his entire legion killed by the wolves as aw way to prove to the Emperor that he personally was stupid rather than a traitor.

Maybe he didn't look like a Korean boyband member but his ego was just as big as Fulgrim's.

You know with a name like Angron, your career options are fairly limited.

I don't know about you guys but out of all the chapters, dark angels are some scary spooky shits

Well, it's from a goofier GW era, when they wanted to make an edgy sadist Batman who is also a huge reference to Apocalypse Now (down to being willingly killed by an assassin called M'Shen, get it???). I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean, I miss the goofy stuff sometimes.

I miss when the Noise Marines had sonic guitars and when Ork Rokkas were a thing.

Piss off you highrider bastard. Slavery is not a career option, E-money is a tryanical cunt who had it coming.

s-spookily loyal, right brother? Or do you mean the diminuitive figures who follow us around carrying our stuff, because they're not xenos or anything...

I do too, but it's symptomatic of the identiy crisis GW faces in trying to sweep the goofy stuff under the rug. Some of it's so deeply ingrained in the fluff as to be unretconnable. Lion is named after a gay poet, leader of a legion named after a gay poem that bases out of a fortress named after a gaybar. Like said there's a dude named fucking Angron who is really angry all the time. Genghis Khan is a demon prince.

He should have worked in Imperium HR

They are cunningly brutal and brutally cunning.

Is he even real?

Yeah.

Also I lost it hard when I read that "Jonson" in his name is supposed to mean "forest", as he's a "son of forest".

>meet me in the jonson later

REPENT MOTHERFUCKER

>Alpharius Omegon (also known as the Aleph Null, The Hydra, the Threefold Serpent, The Final Configuration and the Last Primarch)
based as fuck

>A Bunch of Orks somehow made it into Khorne's domain
>They see it as fucking Valhalla.

the 1d4chan article on the lion makes the point that in the Calibanite dialect, Lion means Lion, Son means Son but El'Jon means forest, so what the fuck is happening there

>OI BOSS, WE'Z GOTTA KOMBINE!
>TENGEN CHOPPA GURREEN LA-KAN

the whole chapter itself, I'm fine with the adorable little things carrying our stuff

>the 1d4chan article
That's exactly where I took it from.

Every time I see this picture I'm mirin this gitz' dakka.

Thank Emperor its Asmodai, any other "chaplain" would have done the job efficiently instead of just bashing my head in.

Probably upset that the ridiculous armor he's wearing doesn't let him reach above his head.

Tuska Daemonkilla has everything an Ork could possibly want. The only Orks luckier are the Octarian Empire

>Fight Tyranids forever because neither of you can break the stalemate because you both get stronger the more you fight
>Know you're eventually going to win because Ghazgkull is on his way, and when you do you'll be the biggest Orks in the galaxy led by the Prophet of da WAAAAAAGH!!! and yer gonna krump gitz by the zogload

Why are the Night Lords the best legion?

>best Legion
>Primarch gets killed by a fucking Callidus
>Legion gets fucked almost as hard as the Emperor's Children, loses tonnes of marines and splits into warbands never to unite as a legion again

Because they're a traitor legion who loves fucking shit up but doesn't bother with all that icky chaos crap.

The end of the ADB trilogy shows them uniting again to go fuck shit up. Also yeah, the ultramarines and successors did fuck em up good.
Thats what makes em so cool.

>this is what Space Wolves fans actually believe
Yuck!

>that hype as fuck dawn of war 3 announcement trailer

>looks like fucking dota 2

Deathwing please be good

I remain causally optimistic about DoW3.

Grit is good. especially in 40k, but readability is incredibly important in RTSs, so the developers aren't completely full of shit.

Have you played Battlefleet Gothic Armada?

>tfw space wolves are your favorite but everyone shits on them

I 'm loving it. I hope they put all races.

They could only do so much. Most of the loyal primarchs were dead by the end of the Heresy and so were their space marines. The legions were absolutely crippled and you have a few thousand men against the untold trillions of humans who decided to worship the guy with golden armor, a halo, a flaming sword, unbelievable powers, and who just happened to die in the process of saving them all from literal, actual demons.

There's enough of the old marines left to be counted on one hand. They can't change the Imperium's beliefs if they wanted to, and honestly, they probably know that their faith in the Emperor is all that keeps the Imperium from falling apart.

Emps was kind of a fucking idiot trying to abolish religion when he was for intents and purposes a god himself. Styling himself as the image of one didn't help either.

I just want a co-op tyranid campaign where you and 3 other admirals try and delay the tyranids long enough for some dues ex machine to come save the day

There's actually a mobile game called Battlefleet Gothic Leviathan which as far as I can tell a 1:1 port of the tabletop with the IN against the Nids.

battlefleetgothic-leviathan.com/

How is Battlefleet Gothic? I was interested in it when it came out but had no funds at the time, I've a got decent amount saved up now, worth getting? big 40k fan

It's a really fun naval combat game (and it is naval combat because both the game and the fluff has spaceship battles function like age-of-sail ship combat in 40K).

Visuals are great, the fluff is fantastic, the soundtrack isn't varied but it's good for what it is, the campaign is decent enough. Go for it.

good fun, I got 36 hours out of it

you spend 5 hours on the main campaign
5 hours for elder multiplayer
5 hours for chaos multiplayer
5hours for ork
5 hours for marine

altogether pretty decent gameplay and a still relatively large playerbase

probably the better 40k games i'ev played, but only get it if you want multiplayer, the single player is fun but the ai is simplistic

Khan was literally the sanest primarch

Not really god of excess, more god of sensation.

He is the god of inevitable death, as in the inescapable end everything must face through dying, rotting, weakening.

>Not worshipping REAL Gods

How hard is it to learn how to play? Seems confusing and a lot to understand/remember

all you need to really know is positioning and micro management of your ships.

Also, planning your movement ahead is good as well.

>Slaanesh, also known as the Dark Prince, the Prince of Pleasure, the Lord of Excess, the Perfect Prince, and even the Prince of Chaos
>Lord of Excess

Slaanesh is the god of excess in its most purest form, just like Nurgle is the god of stagnantion, Tzeentch is the god of change and Khorne is the god of conflict.

like Gork and Mork?

Can you play against AI with marines and orks if you dont want to play mp?

> relatively large playerbase

nigga really

2v2 was fucking dead every time i checked and that's my favorite mode. sometimes i get paired with a handful of the same people again and again.

the introduction of ranked really killed the game for me.

Sanguinius was just the perfect being

We had a few threads in these days, all devolve into aknowledging the game has launched too soon and the thread returns into fluff territory.
it has actually drastically improved with the launch build compared to the latest 2 patches, running smoothly and having way more balanced engagements all around.
youtu.be/pkCOvIVbKug
it's a shame it's going to die young, really, it could become really good.

bikes confirmed being worked on by chinamen, terminators confirmed coming in a few months

Shit nigger all you had to do was literally read one paragraph of fluff on the God. You couldn't have done that one thing instead of making a post without that slightest bit of knowledge on the topic?

yeah in skirmish mode

500 players in game currently, it's not a lot but enough for a European player to find a game in a few minutes

>perfect
>his geneseed is prone to causing madness

There's this bit in The Emperor's gift where the MC and his grey knight buddies scoff at some successor chapter for actually believing the Emperor a god

Am I loyal enough, Cred Forums?

>valve does a warhammer cosmetic thing for dota
>expect it to be based in fantasy due to it being a collab for total war which kind of limits the stuff they'd be able to make
>doom gets a set that basically makes him fucking kharne

>dat angel and candle
Sangbro

Sensations weren't the only things the Eldar went to the overboard with. Even concepts like spirituality, pride, mastery of skills was done in extreme excess.

Also the codex literally calls Slaanesh the lord of excess.

>Have a character called Chaos Knight

>Doesn't give him a Chaos Knight set

Fucking really?

He looks very chaos knight-ish anyway.

Eternal Crusade would have turned into a damn fine game if it only had another year of development

The Eldar birthed Slaanesh with their debauchery but Slaanesh is more than just its origin.

>He is the God of Obsession, the Master of Excess in All Things, from gluttony to lust to megalomania. Wherever mortals are ruled by their own unquenchable desires, the Dark Prince of Chaos is there in the shadows, whispering, tempting, and feasting on a banquet of souls. But this is true in all things, not just carnal pleasures. Those who desire to indulge in the finest culinary delights, the most beautiful artworks, even the most sensual clothing, could all be amongst Slaanesh’s disciples. Just as importantly, Slaanesh is also the god of perfection. The singer striving for the most beautiful song or the warrior who seeks the perfect fighting techniques, both could be devotees of Slaanesh.

Except for the Pleasure Cultists new age Goddess who was Slaanesh revealing himself to reality the prefall Eldar were mostly atheistic iirc. Dark Eldar only acknowledge Khaine anymore and he's really only worshiped by the Incubi cause they're !Aspect Warriors. The Empire had completely degenerated into a horrific state in the days before Slaanesh' birth. People were killing and eating each other in the streets. Even the fucking Dark Eldar were like "Okay, yeah maybe we should just hang out in this space port for a while, see if things cool down"

So they made Ollanius not a perpetual yet?

No, he still is

everything regarding the primarch's after they were scattered is pretty bad
mostly because he would tell his adult sons not to do something, but unlike a regular person would not explain why.

Why are the Space Wolves so fucking based?

One could even argue that the Emperor of Mankind contributes to his existence by seeking to perfect Mankind and have them assume total dominance of the galaxy. Ironically this means that while the Inquisition poises themselves as the ultimate enemy of Slaanesh, they are perhaps one of the biggest contributors to his power.

Not enough Chaos

>Fenris is about to get fucked by Imperium forces in the fluff
You won't be yiffing for much longer, Wolfboy

to be fair to ADB, if GW didn't like what he was writing he wouldn't get to write so many books. So if anything blame GW

>Slaanesh can see his hand at work across the galaxy in countless ways. The joy a parent feels when a child is born, the pride a commodore feels when his fleet executes a cunning battle plan, the stirring of a lover’s heart when in the embrace of a paramour, the heady rush of relief that reminds a soldier how good it feels to be alive after an unexpected skirmish—all of these sensations, on some small level, are pleasing to the Master of Delights. They are not enough. Though the decimation of the Eldar and his pursuit of the remaining few of their race is a source of great joy to Slaanesh, he has much, much grander desires to fulfil.

Slaanesh, much like the other gods, are present in all things to some extent.
Humanity feeds the Chaos Gods simply by existing.

Gork and Mork's only purpose is to act as a counter to the C'tan. That's why Orkz can weaponize anything and can't ever organize. They're literally designed to be lore canon canon-fodder.

Best case scenario the playerbase present now it's enough to keep it up for one year of updates and additions.

>player driven campaign mechanics
>terminators and equivalents
>large scale PvE
>multifactions engagements (PvPvP, PvPvE, PvPvPvE, PvPvPvP, PvPvPvPvE)
>techmarines and equivalents
>actual elites
>bikes

worst case scenario it goes f2p trying to get players, fail to get incomes, doesn't get updated and dies a miserable death.

>implying Leman Russ won't return before this happens

>nails in your brain personality disorder

IT'S NOT A DISORDER! I WAS JUST BORN THIS WAY!

They aren't though. The Greyknights are personally helping defend Fenris alongside the Space Wolves while the Dark Angel lead a Crusade force to purge the daemonic incursions from the surrounding planets and Fenris itself.

It's Wolf Time mother fucker. 40k end times is happening. Russ is going to emerge from the Warp and Lion is going to wake up in The Rock. Then they're going to meet on the battlefield and fucking hug it out.

more like huggin' fug

'cause one is gay and the other's a furry

I hope the plot actually advances

Didn't they already do that with Fantasy and literally everyone despised it?

goddamn it.

Why do they have to make everyone a special fucking snowflake.

JUST MAKE HIM A FUCKING HUMAN WHO FACED HORUS WITH HIS JUST HIS BALLS OF STEEL DAMN IT.

I love to think about the highly unlikely scenario of the Old Ones children all teaming up and becoming the unstoppable army they were designed to be.

Eldar leading, planning and sneaking, Orks shootin and choopin and Jokaero building their weapons.
Even the Imperium wouldn't stand a chance.

>That legendary event after the Battle of Terra where the Lion pierced Russ in the Heart with his sword before disappearing was actually a metaphor for the two of them confessing their feelings and falling in love.

Well that's some fucking Heresy right there.

There are ways of moving forward without stumbling into a vat or rancid shit.
But after AoS I don't trust GW to be able to do it.

They have daddy issues because they all grew up basically within their own separate cults which enforced that their way of doing things was best. So when their dad asks them to get along they argue like you would expect a bunch of people with different religious backrounds to act.

small benis :DD

Well they don't need to reset the whole universe

Where does Malice rank here?

Incredibly minor God that only serves as the occasional Thorne in the side for the Chaos Gods. Pretty sure they have Great Daemons more powerful then he is.

That's what makes Chaos so much fun. They are the quantum force of the WH 40K universe. On the surface they look depraved and insane, but beneath that illusion they're the truest representation of the universe. Space Marines look fairly "normal" because they;re designed that way, but how is their modification by science any different than modification by Chaos? Both are methods of controling the natural outcome of something.

The Mask is kind of a good representation of what Chaos truly is. Unconventional to be sure, but it can only ever reflect the desires of it's user.

>Want to try eternal crusade
>Don't know how long it'll last
How is the game right now? Is it at least fun? Is it easy to group up with friends?

That thumbnail makes it look like you gave The Emperor nekomimi.

i think the perfect end for 40K would be the Tyranids main tendrils arriving and just snuffing everything out. How can a story be anymore grim dark than fighting against intangible psychic entities and horrifying xenos for millennia, all to come to an end when the biggest baddest xenos to end all xenos invade your galaxy?

Blue Armor is just a flag in WH40K for "Special Snowflake" syndrome.

Swooping Hawk is the funnest EC class. Prove me wrong.

Sorry, that's SS

it ends with chaospocalypse tho

fuck off shill, threads that get more than 5 replies usually turn into hate threads about the game

this

hawks are fags, it just looks comfy to fly with

But what if the blue "special snowflake"'s gimmick is that they literally all look the same?

>the tyranid scout tendrils have already made a shadow in the warp
>Already as big as pic related
Chaos is a non factor

>Free Expansions!!!!!(even though they were supposed to be available on launch as we announced 3 fucking years ago)

>being a sneakcuck
>not flying with Baharroth
This post is just full of all kinds of WRONG

But user, haven't you heard?
The Tyrannids aren't invading, they're running away.

When whatever they're running away from shows up, that's when shit will really get real.

That fan theory is thoroughly disproven. Sorry.

Stardock said the same thing in Sins of a Solar Empire, and that's a no-show.

Merely a RUMOR

This is what imperials tell themselves at night, it gives them hope.

user the Shadow in the Warp is just the Hivemind's incessant chatter blocking anything else from being heard. It doesn't actually nullify the Warp the same way something like a Necron Pylon does. It can and has been breached before by powerful psykers and astropaths. In fact some Eldar and Inquisitors are already looking into methods of shackling the Hivemind to their will either directly or by indirectly influencing it's actions.

how does a rumor even work in this case? some guardsmen heard a lictor talking to a zoanthrope? "yeah joe, this planet sucks, too little biomass, but a nid gotta do what a nid gotta do, can't let THEM catch us"

How the hell would that EVER be considered a hopeful thought to anyone?

The strength of the hivemind isn't negating the chaos gods powers from manifesting in real space, it's preventing them from corrupting a single hormaguant. Chaos is fucked.

The RUMOR that the Tyranids are running, (which is a meme) the Tyranids are just doing what they have always done. They suck a star system dry, gain biomass, and move on to the next.

Well if it will atleast be a few millennia before they arrive. Everyone you care about could have a potentially happy life.

But Tyranids can and do become corrupted when exposed directly to the Warp. It's just that Hives are able to breakdown and dispose of these corrupted individuals quickly and just remake them.

Real talk, does anyone actually think their is a single infantry soldier equivalent to a Adeptus Astartes besides CSM and Elder AW?

>Everyone you care about could have a potentially happy life.

I kinda doubt that.

And that's why chaos is fucked.

No. Astartes are horrible human-esque mutants that spit acid and have steel like breastplates instead of ribs. The toughest mortal is like the toughest 5th grader to a space marine.

>breaking down and disposing of individuals
>only to remake them
Sounds like the Tyranids entire tactical doctrine

How does that harm Chaos?

New sisters content never.

Chaos exists in the warp, but they are fuelled by the actions of sentients in real space. Most of them can be corrupted if they dissent. But the Tyranids, KEK. They will never control the hive mind, that is a hive minds inherent strength. All they can do is send legions to die against a innumerable wave of perfect organisms.

I said Eldar.

Harlequins aren't aspect warriors

Dark Eldar Kabal warriors qualify too

As do Ork Nobs

and Tyranid Warriors

And Necron Lychguard

Sisters are such a self-perpetuating cycle. They don't get updated because nobody buys them, and nobody buys them because they don't get updated

GW just said fuck it and introduced a whole new playable faction/army (Mechanicus) while skipping over any real Sisters reforms. Though this isn't necessarily bad because the Mechanicus army is based as fuc.

There's rumor that the new Black Templar supplement will include SoB formations and maybe even some new rules.
Unlikely, but I have hope.

Whos more warped, fucked up and creative with murders?

The Night Lords or the Dark Eldar?

That makes absolutely 0 sense.

Black Templars are the LEAST likely to be involved with sisters ally wise.

Why can't they just give them some Forge World shit?
It seems like a perfect fit since SoB player are already to paying bullshit amounts of money for their models.

How the hell hasn't GW shut this down yet? They're one of the most fan-project-shutting-down-y companies on the planet

The forces of Chaos are literally infinite but gain nothing by trying to corrupt Tyranids. Tyranids are obsessed with collecting Biomass which is something fighting Chaos provides nothing to. There are sentient populations of humans and xenos residing in Daemon worlds in the Warp already.

Dark Elder literally live off of it. Its no contest

Hes not making money off of it as far as i know so they're letting it be

The problem with sisters is that it's very hard for them to have a concrete purpose for players to really identify with. At the end of the day they're just a cheap female equivalent to marines.

If players want to play the imperial fodder then they've got the guard. If they've got the elite they've got the spess mureens. Sisters just kind of awkwardly hover in the middle. Another problem is heroism, because as bad as all factions can be they usually have some element of them that can put them in a good light.

However the Sisters represent the ecclesiarchy, and the ecclesiarchy is THE GW go to for an easy target for being corrupt and inept and bad. There is basically nothing redeeming about the imperial in most fluff, they're just crazed religious idiots that get in the way of what everyone else is doing. To give Sisters more relevance the ecclesiarchy would first have to be built up a bit more in the fluff beyond its usual role of spanner in the works.

>we'll never have a dark eldar vs night lords fight

curse it all

The supplement (Angels of Death) supposedly contain Black Templar, Blood Angels and Imperial Guard.
I've heard it rumored that SoB are included too, but it's unlikely.

You're retarded. They are the reason why Ork souls aren't consumed by chaos gods when they die.

Why did the Emperor kill the Second and Eleventh Legions along with their Primarchs?
Were they even traitors?

Seriously. They're not even "gods" they're effectively bizarre aliens fueled by emotion.

"There are creatures in the warp, they have a lot of power and can affect the real world. They're not gods, they're powerful psyker aliens fuelled by actions we carry out in the materium. They're tricky and intelligent and have their own plans. Don't listen to them and try to stop people worshipping them."

Heresy averted

Because fungi, dogs, and filthly xeno don't have souls only glorious humans do so don't masturbate or demons will skull fuck you forever
praise the Emperor
Basically for you can make your own founding legion/chapter

The Sisters are the religious extreme of the Imperium.

They are representative of that major aspect of the Imperium which is what makes them stand out.

The overzealous shit of the SoB is so much more interesting than the SM bullshit.

Lion didn't destroy his world. Lion's problem was that he wasn't a people person and didn't understand the effects his actions had on Luther.

plus
>hot grills guns with nuns

In a flat out fight Necron Warriors might be able to one to one a Space Marine.

Nobody knows

Nobody ever will either, GW is insistent it remains a total mystery

>The overzealous shit of the SoB is so much more interesting than the SM bullshit.

No, it's not. The SM have all kinds of flavours to their zealotry, backed up by the massive weight of history and the struggles of their ancestor chapters and fed through the lens of a different viewpoint to the rest of the imperium.

Sisters are one-note WORSHIP THE EMPEROR AHHHHH. There is no nuance or depth to them at all.

GW only cares if there is money involved because it sets a bad legal pretense in the future and something like that already bit them hard in the ass early in the companies history.

>hot

The Sisters are at their best when they're as fucked up as possible.

Custodes 30k faction when
Thunder Warriors supplement when

Thunder warriors are all long dead.

Custodes would work better as individual leader units than a faction. Hell they're geared more towards stealth and intrigue.

thats hot as fugg user
E Money used to lead them during his Crusade days just make them kinda like Grey Knights but in 30k

The Marines will always just be skins put on top of the same old shit.

The SoB have depth, its just not as overexposed and convoluted as the Marines.
But then again what is?

Their extreme nature is their appeal.

>the SoB have depth

What depth? The SoB are just the most recycled elements of the rest of the imperium factions. Everything you criticize the marines for the sisters are worse for it.

most people forget that what was planned at first got booted because the devs who made all these plans got fired\kicked away for being dreamers
they planned too much unachievable bullshit, and their error was to sell shit to attract founders and guillable idiots
now when they made a big U turn on what is possible and what is not, founders started to cry like toddlers because what they bought the game for wasn't going to happen until 2-3 years at max
that's why most of the forums of EC are plagued by idiots constantly shitting on the game, while it is actually a fun game after all
>guyse we're going to make a PIZZA CAKE
>wait we can't do that, lets just make a pizza
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHERE'S OUR PIZZA CAKEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING DEVSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEY STOLE OUR MONEYYYYYYYY BAAAAAAAAAAA SHIT GAME :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

>E Money used to lead them during his Crusade days

No he didn't. He used them in the conquest of Terra, and he only had a handful. The crusade came much later.

>thunder warriors
oh man they would shake up 40k so much

thats not a sister of battle, thats a fucking inquisitor for the IG in dawn of war 2

Why are you trying to defend the sisters while posting an inquisitor?

But Marines aren't cute

The Sisters have an aesthetic that is unique among the Imperium forces.
The faith thing is something that exists in all the factions but almost entirely in fluff while its mechanically relevant for the Sisters.

True, I just picked a picture at random, what a better one.

Neither are the Son O' Bitches.

He had them as a kind of honor guard when he was out getting planets. I'm pretty sure they're there when Horus almost gets killed by giant orks and Papa E has to step in

Well of course the guard aren't cure but what do they have to do with anything?

If the Tyranids consume the Galaxy (which they will) chaos is powerless and will cease to exist

Beakies r cute.

user that's an inquisitor

>>Fulgrim
>probably beyond saving
No probably about it. The guy is as much of a hardcore Chaosfag as anybody. His Legion is a strong contender for the title of most universally hated faction in a setting where everyone hates each other.

Especially after the angel exterminatus events

What a piece of shit

Beakies are for Assault

he's written terribly

No those were the Custodes

What the actual fuck was their problem?

I think a SoB, witch hunters, and maybe some Inquisition codex could be cool

I'm talking about the Sisters Of Bitches

>No those were the Custodes
Yeah thats what I was saying
3 of them even died and Emps had their names adorned on his armor

Do the japanese like the Tau at all?

This again highlights the problem with sisters.

They have no real identity of their own. Elite soldiers? Space marines.
Mass human army? Guard.
Religious fanatics? Inquisition (which they are not part of mind you) and to a lesser extent, marines (hell even guard can go here)

This is why they get bandied around and thrown in and out of the Ordo Hereticus armies. GW just have no idea what to do with them because they were made as an afterthought.

They need real attention and detail given to what they bring to the Imperium table.

Oh I thought you were talking about the Thunder Warriors, my bad

Chaka only exists because sentient races in the Milky Way fuel it with their inate psychic potential. The Tyranids are the solution to this. Inumerable. Uncountable. Incorruptible. They will cleanse all.

>90% American

Custodes aren't Thunder warriors user.

I wouldn't mind if they retooled the SoB as a new Witch Hunter Codex.

Fuck, even if they decided to combine The Inquisition with the SoB and Grey Knights and that one Ordo Xenos IG army into a single Inquisition codex I would be happy.

That will depend on the order of events. Many of the Hive Fleets have been making bee lines for Terra. Which is bad because if the Emperor dies reality collapses in on itself and the Galaxy the Nids are trying to consume devolves into formless warp stuff.

Beakies are for Sneakies.

Its a misunderstanding
I was referring to Custodes as the 30k faction and all discussion following

>Religious fanatics?

That is the SoB, the Inquisition are not all zealous, only the Ordo Hereticus is and even then many of them are level headed.
The Inquisition fills an entirely different niche.

Even long before the HH series kicked off it was canon that other Traitor Legions have a standing shoot-on-sight policy towards Emperor's Children specifically, because nobody wants to have anything to do with them.

He's hypocritical, and in fact no better than the religious zealots that he despises, the only difference being he fights for his belief in the common man rather than the religion he serves.

Read "The Last Church" if you want a good deconstruction of his character.

user, they're called Bolter Bitches. Come on.
And you're right. They aren't cute.

They're fabulous

And the unfathomable amount of Tyranid's outside the the Galaxy are safe and sound.

There's puritans in all branches of the inquisition user.

Puritans literally fulfilling the religious nutjob niche. Yknow, characters like Tyrus and Osma.

what we know canon wise is They were expunged before E found Corax, He said he'd tell Corax later, but like anything involving the primarchs E failed.
All we know is the remainders of the legion were shoved into the ultramarines, so it was probably a problem with the primarchs and not the entire legion.

IRL it's because GW wants to keep some of the mystery alive

Friendly reminder that no matter what happens or anyone does all that will eventually be left is hot Tyranid on Ork fightan action for all eternity.

Relatively. Waste of Biomass though.

The Inquisition are small elite forces that investigate potential issues within the imperium, with a wide range of attitude that differs entirely based on their Inquisitor.

The Sisters is a elite force trained from birth to give all to the emperor, their lives, their bodies and more, to purge the heretic with no remorse or mercy.
The Sisters are a reagious tool that inspires faith as much as the inspire fear when they descend on a world with he holy trinity of Bolter, Flamer and Melta in hand.

That is something entirely different, if you don't like them fair enough, but they fill a niche that none of the other Imperium forces do.

Why she has fleur-de-lis on her tits?

Unification Wars global campaign RTS WHEN

>all that will eventually be left is hot Tyranid on Ork fightan action until the Orks go extinct.
FTFY

>GW wants to keep some of the mystery alive
Hahahaha, no. Really I'm surprised they haven't made books describing Russ' killing them yet. All the mystery and conflict of the Horus Heresy is going out the window and everything else is being forgotten in a corner

Literally everything you just said applies to marines as well.

Look, I'm not saying I hate sisters. I'm just trying to point out reasons why GW treats them like they're fucking contaminated or something. They just don't know what to do with them.

It's the symbol of the Adepta Sororitas.

They are French?

Oui Oui

>and then you realise that's a dude.

The Marines are an Elite fighting force
That's what define them, they are almost unsurpassed in battle, they have the best technology, they have the best soldiers and the best tactics.

The Sororitas are the opposite, everything they do they do as a part of some ritual or sacrifice.
They wear tit-plates because they are above all else an ornamental force, they don't care much for the tactically viable options only for what ever shows their faith.

Have you seen their mechs?
The mind break "sinner", pump her full of drugs and then staple her to the OUTSIDE of the mech.

Marines are fanatical warrior monks that belong to a quasi-religious fraternity and are essentially the sons of god in the eyes of the average imp citizen. They are figures of myth and legend, they go into battle adorned with purity seals and parchments and relics.

One of their major elements is the Chaplain who basically tend to the emotional and spiritual purity of their flock because marines are powder kegs of psychotic hormones that need to be guided less they go full chaos.

It still all applies. It helps that Marines have so much focus and fluff that they basically cover all personality spectrums anyway.

GW love space marines, so as far as they're concerned they may as well keep focusing on the armoured crusaders they actually enjoy.

The marines are nowhere near the fanaticism of the Sisters.

Like discussed above some marines scoff at the fact that the emperor is being worshiped as a god. The sisters, and sister, would purge someone on the spot for even suggesting that.

The Marines are the best of the best, that's their thing, they wouldn't sacrifice tactical prowess.

The sisters are all about that shit, they torture themselves and each other to show penance, they are not the emperors angels, they are his preachers, his brides and his wrathful hammer on the unbelievers.

Are you seriously suggesting that pic related looks anything like or act anything like a SM force?

post ec characters

>Read "The Last Church" if you want a good deconstruction of his character.

that was some of the most depressing things I've read.

>comparing ork nobz to generic space marines when they're closer to terminators
>necron lychguard being a generic infantry soldier for the necrons
I'll give you the other two, but user...

When are they adding a PvE mode?

That's actually a girl

Did they end up doing the thing where Free to Play players get to be the Orks?
Or was that scrapped.

>The marines are nowhere near the fanaticism of the Sisters.

not him but

nani?

there is a pve mode already

Zog me dat boyz got an ugly gob.

Would they disrobe, tear out their own eyes and rush out into the battle field in hopes of redemption for crimes of simply not believing strongly enough?

They may be zealous, but nothing comes close to the Sisters.

I like that church organ artillery in Dawn of War

They Sisters are so fanatic that they actually manifest their fanatism into an avatar of the emprah.

I think a marine's fanaticism can be more accurately described as fury, zeal, and hatred. The Sisters primarily fight for what they believe in.

It's probably the best unit in the entire SoB codex.

Unlike puny mortal sisters, marines never lose faith for even a moment.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

It's not like half of all marines are traitors actively working to undo the Emperors work or anything.
Silly me.

WHY IS LITERALLY EVERYTHING THEY CAN FIELD A VARIANT OF A RHINO?

Marines are mortal too, user. I think the term you were looking for was fearless.

>some marines scoff at the emperor being worshipped as a god

Yep, but some of them (usually more recent foundings do) are right on board with the imperial cult.

>marines are best of the best, they wouldn't sacrifice their tactical prowess

Depends on the chapter. The flesh tearers for instance are famous for being loyalist khornate berserkers.

>they torture themselves to show penance.

If you read any of the actual fluff and books you'd know marines do this shit all the time. Imp Fists and their successors in particular have massive fucking hardons for it. What do you think penitent crusades are?

>his brides

And marines are his sons

>are you seriously suggesting that pic related looks anything like or act anything like a SM force?

Yep. Let's see you've got... power armoured soldiers. A dreadnought equivalent. A jumppack troop equivalent, and everyone is covered in purity seals.

Worth noting is a bunch of the things there are inquisition units, not sisters.

The shit responsible for that literally happened thousands of years before the Sisters were even formed. If they had existed back then, you could bet your ass there'd be a chaos variant of SoB.

They also have my favorite mech in the game.
I mean it's not good, but its cool.

>primarchs and whole chapters of space marines get corrupted whole sale
>barely a few cases of bitches getting corrupted

the chassis is cheaper to make
both in-universe and in real life

The forces that be corrupted the Primarchs. The Primarchs in turn corrupted their legions. Also, this .

Whoops, meant to quote .

>his brides
His Daughters you heretical Apostate. Speak not of him who shamed us.

>Nails In Your Brain Personality Disorder

The only Inquisition units in that image is the Witch Hunter and that's not suprising since it's from the Witch Hunter codex.

Lots of marines are extremely faithful, but the Sisters literally use the faith to manifest holy powers and avatars, that not comparable.

They operate on a different level, an idiotically fanatical level.

Do you think they use some sort of "holy oil" for some of the "stuff" they do?

It's bad. Believe me when I say I want it to be good but it's not. It's a huge disappointment for a game that had so much potential. It's dead on arrival.

That's true, I forgot about that actually

Fair enough

Imagine how disgusted Big E would be if he saw this shit. He'd order an exterminatus on Terra just to wipe out the Ecclesiarchy.

Funny thing. You can pretty much substitute 40k SoB for 30k Word Bearers and the result would probably have been the same. They'd be shunned by their own Emperor and would have likely turned to Chaos. The circumstances were different back then.

You need to know the match ups and the favors mostly

he'd say "damn that's kinda hot"

I'm pretty sure the Sisters are all chastise.
No way they'd give Slaanesh even a hint of a chance.

Though there are wings of the Sororitas who's mission it is to manage social structures in high society, which includes making sure lineage isn't tainted by mutation.
So maybe those, but they wouldn't have the armor so it wouldn't be the same.

Speaking of, does anyone actually know how to pronounce "Ecclesiarchy"?

I can't make it sound not wrong.

>idiotically fanatical level.
It's not idiotic if it works and damn does it.

He'd kill all the high lords of terra first

Then those crazy bolter bitches

Then he would disrupt the tyranid hivemind by some super magic psychic attack

Eck-lee-see-arkee

Too bad the saint unit is shit.

Chaste yes, Celibate maybe, maybe not. There are in fluff examples of Sororitas having relationships and even of some younger Sisters flirting with Commissariat cadets

Ee-clee-zee-arch-ee

>tfw my favorite hero got the best set

I mean it works, but they go through sisters at a rapid pace, not tactician would ever approve of the Sororitas practices.
It's not very smart on a personal level at least.

>Greater Demons of the Imperium
:^)
I fuckin hate Orkz but you can't deny Axe got the best set

>have a centaur in the game

>should we make him into a Centigor?

>Nah, that'd actually make sense

Listen to the sisters in Soulstorm.

youtu.be/vfdYl4vPyKA?t=39s

pretty sure they're insanely popular overseas.

>Saint Celestine
>Shit unit
I7 would like a word with you.

>but they go through sisters at a rapid pace
How do you figure? They're still a highly elite force.

he had about as much daddy issues as a whore in detroit

Even better they are not even gods but beings WE primarily created with OUR emotions. There is no reason to worship them because without us they wouldn't exist.

How the fuck do you get in Warhammer 40k, I see it on Cred Forums all time and it looks cool

Not all of them.

The Repenita, Penitent Engines and Arco-Flagellants are all purposely left as defenseless as possible and as such don't have a very long life expectancy.

Even the Proper Sisters wear a highly ornamental power-armor which is clearly not optimized for combat.
I mean they are still wearing power armor so they'll outlive any IG or equivalent, but their tendency of self punishment and love for selfless sacrifice makes much less likely to survive when compared to say an marine.

Marines are functionally ageless.

I'm watching videos right now and there's grinding for gear. Just like Planetside.

Why is it so fucking hard to just give us every weapon so we can customize our own loadout and just play with people without having to grind end-game fucking gear?

Just let me fucking pick a class, give me all their shit and let me run in without having to grind for this bullshit.

God, they're just giving the fucking licenses to any fucking retarded company. And the goddamn companies are all worried about SJW, idiot journalists, and making fucking micro-transactions to give a fuck about making a good game. I will pay $200 fucking dollars for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory in Warhammer 40K. And this is not it.

I started by reading the Horus Heresy series, Gaunt's Ghosts, etc plus random pages on the wiki

Play Dawn of War.
If you're not super into RTS play DoW2 Retribution.
If you want some kind of bland TPS but with the great 40k atmosphere then play Space Marine.
If you do like RTS but want more micro and also space, play Battlefield Gothic.

There's a bunch more but those alright.

If you want to play the games just grab one of the RTSs or one of the other games like Space Hulk.
if you want to get into the fluff you can swing by wh40k lexicanum and just read shit about the Horus Heresy and hop from page to page from there.
I dunno about tabletop because I never played that. /tg/ has threads about tabletop all the time.

>no slaaneshi generals on /tg/ ever again
>tabletop autists kill every thread

I hear Tabletop Simulator is a great way to try out playing 40k, though I guess you'd need someone who actually knows how to play to be playing with and on skype.

I started with Lexicanum a long time ago

lmao

>>no slaaneshi generals on /tg/ ever again
Honestly, thank fuck. They would get shitted up by NiceDaemonette's roleplaying.

>tfw Slaanesh is your favorite ruinous force
>tfw you like the disturbing perverse some of the Slaanesh stuff has
>tfw that's literally the only thing people ever focus on when talking about Slaanesh

>Worshiping Slaanesh is suffering
>It's also pleasurable, but for unrelated reasons

Loken beat him. He stuck his ass on a rhino's dozer blade. I'd say he lost that fight

At first I thought she was grabbing his ass, but then I saw she was just resting his hand on his hip.

>t
what the fuck are those flying things supposed to be
some kind of cherubim?

Thanks,I'm gonna do all of this. Except tabletop simulator. fuck that.

Yes, The Imperium style their servitor to look like Cherubs when they have holy duties.

The Emperors Children love to mock the Imperiums holy symbols so that's likely why they use them.

A Repentia is pretty much a Space Marine initiate that the Convent can get some use out of. Either her faith is weak and she dies and was never truly meant for sisterhood or it's strong and she's brought back with even more zeal then before. In close combat they are monsters and serve a battlefield purpose that they're sinful state makes them perfect applicants for.

Power armor is power armor and runs off the rule of cool. Even Space Marines armor has a clear bullet trap heading for their neck, though these were "fixed" in fluff, not every marine gets the new armor. Sisters will selflessly sacrifice themselves for their faith but will not do it unnecessarily. A Space Marine will do the same for the Chapter. It serves for the greater good. No not that Greater Good.

Who /malice/ here

The Repentias are punished sisters who seek redemption, this is from the Codex:

>Confession and prayer are as much a part of a Battle Sister’s everyday existence as bolter
drills and military discipline. Those who fall short of the Sisterhood’s rigorous codes are
subject to many punishments, but in the more serious of cases the transgressor may be exiled
from their Order. These warriors, known as Sisters Repentia, are each cast out with only a
handful of rags, a hood to cover their face and a ceremonial eviscerator with which to strike
down the Emperor’s enemies.

That is not even fucking close to what a Space Marine Initiate is.

Ahh that makes sense, no wonder everybody hates the emperor's kids

Not literally like just like Space Marine aspirants. In the sense that paths of repentance are a method of weeding out the unfaithful and unworthy. Similar to the purpose of Space Marine trials.

Not how primarchs work.

Initiates are Trainee, almost no Repentias ever escape their fate, its not meant to do anything other than to punish.
Here's some more info from the codex:

>The Mistress judges each exiled Sister’s deeds and occasionally, at battle’s end, she may declare her sins atoned for. Although extremely rare, those few who return to the fold of their Order are held with great esteem by the Sisterhood.

Its meant to purify their sinning souls, it has no tactical purpose at all.

>if this was /tg/ you'd be run out on a pole
Hahahahahahahaha
No. The master of mankind threads alone disprove this.
Shut the fuck ABD.

No, a Repentia's purpose is too die in battle to absolve herself of her past sins. Survival allows re-introduction into the main sisterhood.
Penitent Engine pilots are a more extreme version where there's no chance of survival.

Get Soulstorm if you want the best RTS. I enjoyed DoW 2, but a lot of people hate it because it's less of an RTS than the older games. Retribution is the best version of DoW 2 if you want to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=gBMkbAM1qiA

Yes. By punishing themselves for trespasses of faith they weed out the weak and test themselves. Most die, some live and are esteemed. In doing so they provide the army as a whole with a fearless squad of highly trained and ruthless melee fanatics who are simultaneously completely expendable. It's not hard to find a tactical purpose for that.

It's not a mechanism for producing elite warriors. It's similar to IG penal legions. The number of people who get pardoned is so tiny that they're irrelevant.

It's not a mechanism for it. Still does it.

>Retribution is the best version of DoW 2 if you want to know.
I respectfully disagree. I find chaos rising way better.

It's meant as a final gift for those unworthy sisters to get a chance at martyrdom nothing else.

No one in ecclesiarchy sat down and said, "How can we make the SoB fight harder?" "Oh I know, we strip them bare and throw them onto the battlefield to die for any perceived lack of faith!"

It's not something that's there for tactical value, what little value it does carry is something that has little to no effect on the Sisters a a fighting unit anyway.
How you can possibly stretch to have the Repentia be anything even close to the SM Initiate is beyond me.

Yes. In such tiny numbers that you get one or two people here and there that might be known as badasses. You don't get squads or platoons full of them.

Repentia put their faith on trial by exposure to combat and deadly situations. If they die no big deal, if they live Heroine of the Sisterhood.
SM initiates put themselves through trials via exposure, combat, and deadly situations. If they die no big deal. If they succeed Hero of the Imperium

Pretty straightforward.

I never said they did. I likened them to Initiates on their trials after all. You may have a thousand human heroes of Olympian physique and mental capacity yet perhaps not even one will survive to become a Space Marine.

One is a training program, the other is a near absolute death sentence as punishment.
There couldn't be two more different things.

From the codex:
These Sisters’ maniacal fervour inevitably means that they martyr themselves fighting gainst the most hopeless odds, finding in death the absolution denied to them in life.

Not him, but wasn't the original argument more about the extent at which each aspect takes their faith. Its like comparing your average US soldier to a Muslim jihadist.

>tfw Eldar have barely any cosmetics
>tfw the ones that do exist are not worth it

Where is he?

in my ass

>Genestealer cults not Battle Brothers with the Tyranids

What is this bullshit?

>The marines are nowhere near the fanaticism of the Sisters.
oh?

Night Haunter quickly adapted to the teachings of the Imperium, studying the complex doctrines of the Legiones Astartes under the Primarch Fulgrim's tutelage. Night Haunter was soon accepted as the leader of the VIIIth Space Marine Legion that had been created from his genome, which he named the Night Lords. Although he and his Legion excelled in many theatres of war, a tendency soon became apparent. It never occurred to the Night Lords to use anything other than total, brutal and decisive force to achieve their goals. Over the first few years, the Night Lords were molded by their Primarch into an efficient, humourless force, possessing the fanatical thoroughness of Witch Hunters. Night Haunter encouraged his Legion to decorate their Power Armour with images designed to inspire fear in the enemy, a tactic that proved incredibly effective. Soon, rumours of the impending presence of the Night Lords would cause a rebel star system to pay all outstanding Imperial tithes, cease all illegal activities and put to death any mutants and suspected Traitors.

they sell very well

i think tau is the second best selling race, after sm of course

Read the thread.
The sister's level of fanaticism is on a whole other level, every single thing they do they do because it has some sort of religious significance to them, actual tactical practicality is unknown to them.
The Sisters seem to kill more of their own ranks than the enemies because they are obsessed with purity and insane levels of faithfulness and will practice self-mutilation and self-sacrifice on a daily basis to get that across.
Sq strong is their faith that the can actually manifest it on the battlefield.

No one else even comes close to the Sisters in terms of fanaticism.

holy fuck shes pretty

Hands off user, no one but the emperor himself may lay a hand on the Sororitas.

Are they legit chastise?

No, he is wrong. There is no celibate and they are not sterile.

Like the sisters would ever allow Slaanesh a way to taint their holy order.
The Sisters allow themselves no pleasures, they live completely in service to the Imperium, sex would not fit into that narrative at all.

And besides, they're nuns.

Everything you said its wrong.

>thinking simple pleasure would open themselves to slaanesh

if that were the case, simply scratching your ass would allow you to be tainted by chaos.

There's a Celestian in a Ciaphas Cain books who bangs a dude, drinks, and plays cards pretty damn well.

So you can fuck right off with that shit.

>Not scratching your ass until you have crab claws and 6 tits

I remember an user went on about a Sister coming out of a guardsman's tent in a book once. Probably fucked a bunch of dudes. Whether or not their celibate varies by order and individual battle sister, I'm sure.

can you imagine how satisfying that scratch would be?

>eldars have curves
>the curves aren't big enough for their frame
If you're going to go with an aesthetic, go with it fully.
The thighs are thicker than her ass.

It is canon that Sisters of Battle are not required to take vows of chastity, but most of them do to show their devotion to The Emperor.
Remember, Slaanesh is the Goddess of EXCESS, not simply pleasure. It isn't enough to have sex once or twice, it is to have sex in an orgy over the course of multiple days while you're snorting cocaine made of human bone and some weird plant you found in the underhive.

But that's wrong. The rules say that Genestealer cults follow the same ally chart as Tyranids. Since you're always a battle brother with yourself, Genestealers are battle brothers with Tyranids.

Doomrider is easily the single most RADICAL character in 40k.

>rides around on a motorcycle chopping heads off
>comes screaming out of warp portals, fucks shit up, and then vanishes into the warp again

According to /tg/ and 1d4chan they are in fact Allies of Convenience, with the rationale that Tyranids will generally just eat cultists on sight.

>there are still people who wonder which 40k faction is the most metal
>when doomrider exists

Doom Rider vs. Ghost Rider fucking when?
Especially if this is the theme: youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0

Don't forget about wazdakka gutsmek

I wouldn't trust 1d4chan. I'mf rom /tg/ and we don't put much stock into it.
Also, I play Genestealers and Tyranids. The rules state that they have the same allies chart, ergo, they are battle brothers.