Bioshock 4

So apparently 2K wants to make another Bioshock without Levine and it's in development right now.

moviepilot.com/posts/3817117

Thoughts? Hopes? Dreams? Nightmares?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PrVdpjA8I7M
strawpoll.me/11287768
youtube.com/watch?v=6WUt5dEMt_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=snDNJdmSSHc
wired.com/2016/04/ken-levine-twilight-zone/
pastebin.com/Rbrrw7Wr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump for discussion.

its just beating a dead horse. expect a shitty FPS.

If Levine is out and 2k Marin is making it there's hope.

I want a Columbia game much more akin to the 2010 trailers, or a pre-war rapture game when shit hasnt hit the fan yet , yeah I've played burial at sea.

Could be cool, but where would it take place? What would it be about? If they're making it, we know nothing about it until they reveal it proper.

if its good, sure i want it.

make it more like the 1st game with some metroidvania aspects to it.

create some new and original ideas with a memorable setting and youre good.

well I'd like it if they didn't set it in Rapture or Columbia.

If they had the balls to make their own setting, I'd play that shit.

Bioshock has cool gameplay and I'd like to see more of it.

Just let the series die peacefully for fuck's sake

Bioshock has always relied on coop locations to grab attention, and there's really not many really cool settings left that could be as extreme as under the sea or in the sky.
How about an underground city near the Earth's Mantle? It could be hanging upside down from the bottom of the crust and they could really play with glass floors and shit.
I think it'd be pretty cash.
As long as Levine has been shot and then hanged I think the game will turn out fine. Maybe a little worse than BS2

Give me real creature designs and make setting make some sense and sure, it's not like Levine brought anything good to the table.

At this point in time it's best to stop using the BioShock title and use a new one.

I hope it's just a lazy, bland sequel with reused assets and a forgettable story.

Just think of all the dank memes Cred Forums could come up with

Bioshock 2 is the best one prove me wrong so I'm excited.

Bioshock IN SPACE

that's a poor decision financially.

Why bother building a new IP from the ground up when it's going to be the same gameplay of Bioshock?

So, System Shock.

BS2 was made without Levine and was the best one. So sure.

I guess it can't hurt now that Infinite exists and they can actually learn how to put proper gunplay in it. Shit I wouldn't even mind if it was just a cashgrab like Bioshock 2 but in Columbia because I loved Columbia so much I wanted to dream about it.

I don't expect the story or characters to be as good, but that's a given when Ken ain't writing.

I really only want the game to have Columbia, multiplayer, wallrunning, a bunch of new vigors, and gunplay good enough to be playable alongside Destiny.

Or some kind of co-op. Jumping around the xlouds in the clear blue skies with other people, gunning down racists or niggers, whichever you prefer.

Yeah, that's the stuff.

Oh, and figuring out a way to bring back the genius mechanic of altering the actual environment in real time using tears would make the game a blast. Tears are still one of the most original and ingenius mechanics of the last generation.

Please keep it dead

Don't pull a Dead Space 3

Just keep it dead

Bioshock in a post apocalyptic world, mostly unarmed combat. Call it YOUWASHOCK.

It's best to just let it die after the trainwreck of Infinite.

>If they had the balls to make their own setting,
That doesn't take "balls" user, that takes creativity.

Something increasingly less developers possess.

How bout we skip this and hold out for the new System Shock?

>make two good games and a meh game

Fuck you, I want more.

multiplayer Infinite would be pretty cool.

I wish there'd be a Co-Op mode too.

Yeah, like that it's better than the proper games. It always helps filter out the tasteless retards.

Bioshock has awful gameplay.

No user, he didn't say a good game.

Man, Infinite lacking multiplayer was one of the biggest tragedies of the seventh generation.

I understand that it would have cost even more money and time to make, Infinite is a towering achievment in video gaming and I can only imagine all the hard workmthat went into that game without multiplayer.

But still, you know.

Bioshock UNDER THE EARTH

It'll probably be way better than by Ken "I just put in some science stuff into my game because it makes me feel dumb" Levine

Oh you people will be assblasted as fuck about System Shock 3, trust me.

I like the idea.
However the design would probably look exactly like rapture except undergound.

I don't see how they can keep the formula fresh after 3 instalments. I think they should make another spiritual successor, like how they did with System Shock, so they can bring in a new IP and get creative without being bound by "it has to be a Bioshock game"

1 > Infinite > 2

>overwhelmingly positive reviews, rated one of the best games of the generation
>3 back-to-back financially successful games with DLC

Even if you didn't like it doesn't mean it was a trainwreak in any sense of the word.

After the gigantic turd that was Bioshock Infinite, I'm not excited in the slight. Infinite showed their competence by failing to build upon what the first two games laid out.

Bioshock 2 ended the series on the high note. Normally, I would've been excited for a sequel, but Infinite fucked up in so many ways I have absolutely no expectations for a possible Bioshock 3 to be good.

He's probably just a racist dickhead, you won't convince him Infinite is good. Him or his ilk.

I can't think of another distopian setting besides the ones we have already on past Bioshock games. What else is out there other than 'drug yourself free' underwater city or trump's flying kingdom?

Didn't Infinite's sales cause the developer to shutter?

I will never understand you people. Bioshock w was a piece of hot garbage while Infinite took absolutely everything that didn't work in Bioshock, and ever streamlined it or threw it the fuck out. And what it threw out it replaced with stuff that was actually good.

Yet you idiots just keep on insisting that it's somehow inferior. Blows my mind how you people can be so stupid.

youtu.be/PrVdpjA8I7M

here

Nazis in space, with neon everywhere and Synthwave.

Bioshock: Blood Dragon

>prove me wrong
I can't dude. Having 40% of the game be horde mode sequences was really the direction Shock games should've been headed all along.

>Don't pull a Dead Space 3
Infinite already happened user.

No, Levine left so 2K just closed the studio down because 2K Marin is all they need to make another one.

There's no reason to keep them around now that thier job was done.

Just do Bioshock again with improved gameplay, new enemies and a new story.
Just say its in another universe.

That's the ss1 remaster you dumb fuck. ss3 comes after.

Infinite probably sold 20 000 000 copis by now.

Irrational shut down becuase
1. Making Infinite was obscenely difficult for everyone involved and Levine believed that he could not physically and emotionally bear making a game even better than Infinite.
2. He wants to make a game with a branching, replayable narrative where you can effect the story in multiple ways and it plays out vastly differently, and he can't keep a team of 200 people on a payroll doing nothing while he figures out where to evdn begin making a game like that.
3. Nobody else at Irrational had any ideas what to make otherwise.

Not the sales as much as the fact that it had so many scrapped builds that it'd never really be able to be profitable

>without Levine
Thank fucking christ. I doubt it will be as good as 2 though.

>Bioshock: 4 million copies sold
>Infinite: 11 million copies sold

man what a failure of a geame :^)
fucking no quicksave though

>Bioshock 3 happens
>Bioshock Infinite is declared non-canon

>sequel to BS2
>we get to play as a big sister who, after the downfall of Sofia, regains her self
>or we get to play as Eleanor
YESSSSSSSSSS

Cant be worse than the nkand crap that was infinite

Bioshock in space mite b cool

>Bioshock in space mite b cool
user...

Horde mode sequences with dogshit gunplay and terrible level design, don''t forget that!

Man, I wonder why liking Bioshock 2 is a troll opinion, it's the perfect game!

>play as Eleanor

YES SET IT IN SPACE WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

This is too fucking good. I genuinely believe you might be this ignorant.

Lots of racists ITT.

stay mad

select all that apply

strawpoll.me/11287768

>Thoughts
I'm happy for any FPS that doesn't play like fucking CoD at this point.

>Hopes
- They don't go back to Rapture but instead do a new setting so as to preserve the integrity of first two game's stories
- They declare Infinite and BaS in particular non-canon so as to preserve the integrity of the first two game's stories
- It has good gunplay, fun powers, and lots of shit to play around with in the environment - to an even greater extent than you could in the first two games

>Fears?
- It's Infinite 2.0 and not only plays like fucking ass but is also written like shit and fucking retroactively further ruins the story of the first two games.
- It plays like CoD

>Nightmares?
- It's Infinite 2.0 and casuals once again fucking adore it

Next one to be underground, particularly near the mantle of the earth. Check em.

I hope they lose the arcadey shooter gameplay and bring it back to a more explorative slow paced sort of brooding experience. I guess more like system shock, really.

What's sad is that there actually are a handful of people on this board who are just as tasteless as you.

Maybe they can finally make this game?
Wish it wasn't canceled
youtube.com/watch?v=6WUt5dEMt_Y

You just have shit taste.

What did infinite do better

Certainly wasnt plasmids

You just called it bad without using facts to support your opinion and that's why it's bait.

>casuals once again fucking adore it
No, that's Bioshock 1. You know, the game that stripped System Shock 2 of all difficulty, RPG elements, enjoyable combat and failed to provide a functional horror atmosphere.

And casuals loved the fuck out of it, you're living proof.

Don't even get me started on Bioshock 2, that game took Bioshock and somehow managed to make it worse.

I all the games except for infinte, but I never really understood the story. Like I was just playing the game and I knew Ryan created the city but I didnt know who tannenbaum, lamb or frank fontaine was

So the reveal that Atlus was fontaine, I didnt really understand at the time

What did get me the first time was the WYK shit and killing Ryan or whatver

I did read the Lore on wikipedia last week and thought it was fucking amazing, all the characters and evrything was great and I fully understand what happens during the games

I havent played them in a while but I should play the remasters on PC

Would prefer what Bioshock initially did by being a spiritual successor to SystemShock. Just call it StaticShock or something.
It will depend on the developers but I doubt they'll try to make their own spin on the franchise, they'll just try to make another Bioshock. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's Rapture, yet again.
Don't get me wrong, I love Rapture but its story has been told.

How was the combat in system shock 2 enjoyable?

>tfw when your favorite is Infinite
I don't understand all the hate.

>muh system shock

I know and do not care.

Theyre not going to call it system shock again unless the dumb kikestarter game does super well

>implying SS2 had any difficulty or enjoyable combat in the first place
>implying Bioshock was even supposed to be a true horror game

the only point you have is that it stripped back the RPG mechanics

>system shock 2
>hard
Survivor is arguably more difficult than impossible SS2, but that's mostly due to spongy bosses. Both games become a cakewalk after the third level regardless. And don't try telling me 3-3-3-3 on SS1 is difficult in the slightest or I'll know you never played it.

>the remasters of PC
The PC ports of the remasters are a fucking disaster.

Play the original 1 and 2. 1 has sound issues that can be fixed by no joke just having something plugged into your microphone jack on your pc. 2 has random crashes that can be fixed by using DX9 instead of 10.

SystemShock had enjoyable combat? I love the game but the combat was not fun. Tense, sure, I'm guessing that was the point but whacking the enemy, let it wind the attack and back off is not shooting lightning, setting a trap, setting shit ablaze.

that does sound shitty, what if I wait until the recently announced patches?

>wrench spam
>enjoyable combat

the targeted issues don't even bring the remasters up to the level of playability of the originals.

i experienced 2 softlocks in my normal playthrough of the BS1 remaster, one in the second-to-last level, where if i'd been the type of player who relies on autosaves, the entire save file would've been broken.

That's what I'm doing. Started playing Surivivor, game crashes, get back into it, fucking thing set the settings to default. Hopefully the patches will correct that, and add more options.

Well, BioShock 2 was the best one and Levine had nothing to do with it. So let's see what they can do.

yeah every few launches i end up having my difficulty reverted to normal. if you don't catch it at the main menu's options screen and load a save, it nullifies your achievement eligibility (without telling you, of course)

That's interesting, I hope that does get fixed, at least it was free

The best part about this news is that the bioshock 2 team is still around.

I was thinking deep underground. Imagine giant cities and structures built into cave walls, dangling above endless chasms that go seemingly forever. Throw in some claustrophobic mineshafts and cramped living quarters and you're already got some great variety. As for plasmids/tonics/psy stuff, imagine if the stuff that caused/upgraded your abilities were minerals you could find and mine for. Like as you were exploring you find a glowing vein of... whatever and harvest it to upgrade your powers or unlock new ones. Not sure about story or anything, but I think it'd be cool.

Oh boy, where do I begin:
It's no longer a horror game, or a role-playing game, because Bioshock 1 proved that watering that stuff down only makes for a shit game. So it's an action game instead with all of Bioshock 1's "RPG elements" (if you can call it that) streamlined or removed because who gives a fuck. Things like streamlined upgrades for guns and vigors. Hacking being removed entirely because not only was it too easy but it made the game too easy. In Bioshock 1 turrets and security cameras weren't a threat, they were environmental advantages waiting to get expíoited by the player. Instead of hiding from them, you ran up to them and hacked them the first time you saw them and then they were instantly out of mind because they would never turn back on you. In Infinite, you actually need to ise Possession to take over enemy turrets, and not only can Infinite turrets actually kill you real fast (something Bioshock turrets couldn't do), but for most of the game, using Possession on them uses up half of your salts. So you need to use half of your meter just to take out one (albeit special) threat. THAT'S balance.

This leads me to my next point: Infinite is actually HARD. It's hard as balls in fact. What with the game being a proper FPS now (it had the best gunplay on the planet until Destiny came along, and there is still stuff Infinite does that Destiny doesn't), the enemy threat could actually be ramped up. I can't even remember how many times I died in Infinite, and I KNOW it was always because I didn't take full advante of the game's combat system (the dedpest, most complex combat system in FPS games to date - I played soooooo much Clash in the Clouds). All the stuff you can do in the game, the unique and varied vigors, the wonderful mobility options you get, the unparealleled GENIUS of tears, altering the battleground at your will on a whim and every area holding a myriad tactical possibilities! (cont.)

This, a new "-Shock" game, but not a new Bioshock. We've had enough.

>play as a handyman

Maybe have it take place during the 70's? You'd need a good name for plasmids though.

Wish Infinite hadn't cut some of its coolest concepts.

but then, it turns out...

THE ENTIRE GAME WAS IN A MOONBASE
10/10

Please let the main character be a powerful black womyn who don't need no man.

hurry up

>(cont.)
based user, 10/10, saved, etc.

I SEE IT

FUCK

>tfw they were in a bottle the whole time

Side question, was Kevin Levine supposed to make a Twilight zone game or did i misheard that?

I honestly don't know where they could go with this, since Burial at Sea basically brought the whole thing full circle by setting up the first game.

That being said, I liked Bioshock 2 a lot (and I was probably one of the few people who liked The Bureau: XCOM Declassified), so it'll be interesting to see what 2K Marin does with bioshock now that they own the rights.

Honestly, I really just want to play as Eleanor

>Something increasingly less developers possess

Why is this so true? You'd think there's tons of creative people out there. How hard is it to find them and bring them together?

Why are so many video games lacking in inspiration or creativity these days?

>without Levine
>Nightmares

theres always a man

theres always a city

theres always a lighthouse

except in bioshock 2

They should make Bioshock Legends a moba hero shooter for the normies.

Plasmids to cash shop

>Twilight zone game
How the hell would that work?
The only thing coming to mind is some interactive story like Telltale, which just sounds boring.

Bioshock can only be saved if they drop the booker caused every dimension to have a bioshock event storyline.

Put it on the dark side of the moon.

What if it was built kind of like Tokyo-3 in Evangelion? Like hanging from above, with parts that move to the surface. Maybe that could play into the story too.

It will probably be better than Infinite but not by much

Hope it takes place underwater again.

Was really weird to see Infinite still be called Bioshock when bio means water...

>Bioshock 1
>Bioshock 2
>Bioshock Infinite
>Bioshock 4

???

>Infinite is actually HARD

>theres always a man
Subject Delta/Mark Meltzer
>theres always a city
Rapture
>theres always a lighthouse
The endings have you resurface near the lighthouse.

which is also the best game

really makes your skull gravy percolate........

I do lament that there weren't more horror elements in Infinite after seeing the early videos. Loved the imagery of people going on about their business in a decrepit sunny environment.

youtube.com/watch?v=snDNJdmSSHc

Bioshock Infinite has the best gameplay of any FPS on Earth (even if Destiny is more addictive). It's just so endlessly (Infinitely) complex that I STILL haven't mastered it. Meanwhile I don't need to explain to you what a piss-easy and flat out BORING game Bioshock was.

Special mention should go to te enemy and level design. Zipping around from ship to ship, using a Skyline or Charge? Nothing else like it. And the enemy design, with those cultists, robot Patriots and sufferring, pleading Handymen (who are a much better enemy design than Big Daddies, but I'll get back to that)? Nothing in FPS gaming beats them. Only Destiny's Taken are a more challenging and vatied anemy to fight, but even they aren't better designed.

Then there's the story, the world, and all that. Now it's a given that Infinite is beautiful and Columbia is a gorgeous place, and I personally found the feeling of walking around Rapture akin to exploring a never-ending subway station, but to each their own. No, Infinite's story is objectively much better.

To a certain degree this probably has to do with me being european (continental, none of that UK bullshit) and finsing the very concept of economic libertarianism laughable (cultural libertarianism is another matter entirely of course), but I never really "bought" the ideological dilemma of Bioshock. To me, Andrew Ryan took capitalism, championed its failings, made it exponentially worse than it already is, and then I, the player, am expected to consider it a tragedy when his society collapsed rather than the logical outcome of zero social sensitivity in a civilized society. Andrew Ryan isn't simpathetic, he's wrong on everything he says, and the story of Rapture's collapse is subseaquently less interesting as well as mysterious. (cont.)

Well, this is all fine and dandy, but here's the real question:
Did you like 'Clash in the Clouds'?

That's what I had guessed. Going full circle as a spiritual successor and making a utopia in space gone wrong.

>(cont.)
THE MADMAN

Well the last 2K Bioshock was also the last good one so I have more confidence in them then Levine.

reposting, trends are beginning to form

strawpoll.me/11287768

Creativity makes publishers shit their pants. They don't want something that is new or different. They want content that has been made and can be proven to lead to sales. Why do you think we still see sequel after sequel?

Just give me Beyond Good and Evil 2.

If they do make another Bioshock, what are the chances of its release date being anywhere close to System Shock 3's?
I can picture it now: hordes of normies all complaining that SS3 ripped off Bioshock.

If it doesnt have levine it might actually be good

The fact that you keep praising Destiny so much makes this a little more hard to swallow user.

Contrast that with the institutionalised white supremacy and its pseudo-christian justification in Columbia. Zachary Comstock is fucking terrifying because the shit he says and the shit that his society does is an actual problem in the world, but especially in America, TO THIS FUCKING DAY! You look at the racism in Bioshock Infinite, and you look at Black Lives Matter and the racial violence that is actively stoked by the media happenning in America AS WE SPEAK, and it's like that country made no progress whatsoever in almost a hundred years! Like 12 Years a Slave, a game like Bioshock Infinite is more than just "great": it's eye-opening. It's relevant. It's poignant. The fact that that it can pack one of the greatest stories on video games (and all of science-fiction in fact) onto so much historical and racial baggage, and make all of the story's varied aspects cohere into one another, is a daredevil storytelling act of the highest order. You don't see THAT every day.

But the ultimate proof that Infinite is one of the greatest video games of all time and that Bioshock simply does not work, is their central gimmicks.

Biohock's central dynamic of Big Daddies and Little Sisters is a noble idea, a great concept, but it's let down by the game simply not being brave enougn to take it to its extreme. You need to be an actual, certified, genuine, headgear-wearing retard to feel sad for a dead Big Daddy. And a sociopath to slaughter Little Sisters (which I guess makes Bioshock a valuable tool for keeping public safety, but I doubt that was Ireational's end goal). Forget how you are never actually doing anything BAD to Little Sisters, as after you rescue them it is completely obvious that they were brainwashed the whole time, but rescuing them barely nets you any less ADAM than harvesting them! And after every three rescues you get a bonus supply of ADAM! Bioshock's big "moral dilemma" is a bullshit smokescreen for idiots to fall for! (cont.)

I get that, what's familiar easily sells. But wouldn't the same be true for something amazing?

Look at Halo. It was a new franchise that took existing ideas and ran with them. Had an interesting setting and good lore. Fun gameplay. Now its one of the biggest game franchises out there. People still buy the shit that it is now (which I guess is a point to you) but it never would've been that way if they hadn't done something new and good.

So many examples like this, especially from the earlier years of gaming. Why are devs so afraid to take thoughtful chances?

>Levine touching twilight zone

Please fuck no
Twilight Zone doesn't even have too deep of intellectual concepts but I know that guy would find some way of fucking it up or making it way too analogous to the 21st century.

Because new creative ideas are financial risks. Shareholders of AAA companies want a product that has been proven to generate revenue, and new ideas for games don't fit that philosophy.

Hay, hes a good chef, takes his time with his pasta kooking

depends whether nightdive decides to go for a more SS2-ey or SS1-ey design philosophy. Yeah, SS2 is the more popular game, but A) they're funding it through kickstarter, so there's no publisher pressure, and B) SS1 is the game they've given the more attention, building a custom DOSbox for it and packaging some togglable mods, as opposed to simply owning and releasing SS2 for sale (and installing fan patches by default).

I really dont know what their plans are but I'm excited for it.

>(cont.)
sstop

Where did you find this?

NOBODY CARES ABOUT SYSTEM SHOCK

THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE RISKS IF THEY'RE WELL DONE.

WHAT DON'T DEVELOPERS GET ABOUT THIS?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It drives me nuts. Its just like anything else creative. Its good to be new, its good to pay homage to your roots, but above all you must be good. JUST MAKE GOOD SHIT. LISTEN TO YOUR CONSUMERS.

memes

wired.com/2016/04/ken-levine-twilight-zone/

I mean, at least they're calling it an interactive film and not, you know, a game.

I want to protect Eleanor

>I mean, at least they're calling it an interactive film and not, you know, a game.
>interactive film
>film

FUCK. WHY.

RAHHH I HATE YOUR VIDEO GAMES AAAA

It's the hardest Bioshock game on 1999 mode

gotta agree, but the reasons 1999 mode is hard are all bullshit and bad design. the "difficulty" in 1999 literally risks softlocking the player.

Because game budgets are too damn high these days. That's why most of the weirder new IPs we see are from indies that don't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make. If they fail then it's not a big loss but if EA puts out some new IP and it flops they're out millions and millions of dollars and hundreds of man hours. The best we can hope for now in terms of creativity from a triple A dev is if they have a big name developer that people will buy anything from which is rare in and of itself.

I just want my fucking Bioshock/Final Fantasy Tactics Vita game.

>take city
>put it where it shouldn't be
>ridiculous ideology
>super powers

As long as it has these things and is an okay FPS I'm good.

>let a perfectly good series die
fuck off, i bet you want tv shows and movies to end when they are at the height of their popularity

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>yfw yoko taro is the creative director of Nier: Automata

But it is a risk no matter how good it is. People want familiarity, good or not. They'd rather buy the new CoD which they know they'll enjoy rather than spend 60 bucks on some random bullshit they've never heard of on the off chance it's bad or they just don't end up liking it for whatever reason.

Sure why not, Levine is a hack anyway and it was proved with Infinite where he didn't copy SS2.

And you know what? I can't really think of a way to make it actually work! You could make it so that you NEED to harvest Little Sisters in order to actually get any ADAM, but after the first three they would become just another animation for the player to sit throug. You could maybe show the "harvesting" in gruesome, graphic detail, but as we've already established, Bioshock is waaaaaaay too cowardly a game for that type of stuff.

By contrast, Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite is one of the greatest characters in the history of video games. Not to say that Booker Dewitt isn't a slam dunk of a protagonist, or that Zachary Comstock or Daisy Fitzroy aren't outstanding characters, or that the Lutece twins don't steal the show every time they appear, but Elizabeth is the most successful video games have gotten to inducing empathy in the player. You BELIEVE Elizabeth is a living, breathing human being, not just from her interactions with you, the palyer, but also from her interactions with the world around her. And the game smartly makes her an invaluable asset in combat as well, further cementing your connection to her. That's why the game is capable of producing a scene that shows you what happens if you fail to save her, and it STINGS.

Also Infinite's twist is much better than Bioshock's. Plain and simple.

So that's what Infinite does better than Bioshock: it knows what works in the game and what does not, it knows what to keep and what to throw out, it has a better setting, a better story, better characters, a better "big idea" gimmick, it's actually relevant to the world we are living in, and all in all it just generally actually works as a video game, something Bioshock fails to achieve. In short: everything.

Oh and don't worry, I could go on about the genius of evefy last minute little detail in Infinite for days :)

(Meanwhile Bioshock 2 forces you to play horde mode for half an hour every time you want to gather ADAM. 'nuff said.)

can't disagree

Bioshock is an established IP, it will sell well regardless of setting as Infinite proved.

>Oh and don't worry, I could go on about the genius of evefy last minute little detail in Infinite for days

Please do. Sell me on your shit game, senpai

Let me point out a few flaws in your essay.

1 the weapons in bioshock 3 were bad because it had the holy pantheon of generic fps weapons (assault rifles snipers machine guns shotguns etc) that replaced things like the harpoon gun drills and rivet guns with alternate ammo-types

2 The story to infinite is worse because it has even bigger plotholes that are never explained like how Elizabeth was trapped in the tower if she was free to go into any other dimension at any time and how could the baptism be the event that triggered Comstock creation when there are an infinite number of other possible events that could also create him.

3 The level design removed any sense of exploration that existed in the older games and replaced it with battle arenas that are connected by linear hallways

With that being said however I'd like to thank you for putting so much effort into this.

But isn't that why you strive to be good? You start small with an idea and it sells. Then you gain more money, manpower, ability, and clout so you can make something even better.

Isn't that why you strive? To do better?

It just seems very ass backwards that the bigger a dev company gets, the shittier their games. They should be using their power to make something good. Look at EA/DICE with Battlefront. Took a good game and fucking ruined it by applying their shitty formula. Caused a whole buzz and a bunch of people boycotted it. Its already dead in the water in terms of player base. But if they had just used their power and ability to shine up and improve upon what they had, they would've had a great game that would probably be popular for years.

They even had basically free marketing and promotion from both the love of the Battlefront series and the Star Wars movies coming out at the same time. They're a well known company. IF THEY HAD JUST DONE IT RIGHT THEY WOULDN'T HAVE FAILED. But they just had to shit out their generic formulaic bullshit.

God dammit.

this is all going into a pastebin, thanks dude.

(cont.)?

But that's how you can trick retarded people into buying something good. You take our well know franchise and millions of dollars that you normally spend on bullshit and you make a good goddamn game. It sells and you've made something worth while. If its actually good most people will play it.

See here for my full argument:

1 the tower handicaps liz so she can't go through her tears

2 constants and variables

For some developers sure, but EA is not a company you should expect that from. There will always be some devs out there willing to put in the extra effort or take chances on new things but some just exist to be money machines that pump out games from well known IPs that require little effort to make but will make millions from game and DLC sales.

one more thing
4 Elizabeth is an unrealistic character because she's too capable of interacting with other humans despite being imprisoned for her entire life and that's why she's a bad character from the ground up.

pastebin.com/Rbrrw7Wr

>Hopes
Isometric turn-based RPG in the vein of classic Fallout games with a wide range of possibilities as you splice yourself up, get new equipment, takes sides, and turn the world into chaos/order.
>Thoughts
Bad idea probably.
>spoiler
Biocock Shitfinite 2.

devil's advocate: tenenbaum is an unrealistic character because working with the nazi's on eugenics experiments didn't "awaken her maternal instinct", as she says in her sort of "change-of-heart" audio log, but working with little sister experiments did.

a much more minor plot inconsistency but something that always irked me

But isn't that simply an expansion of the reactor/factory district from the first game?

Thematically speaking there was lava and shit all over the place

Constants and variables doesn't explain why that even creates comstock.

Space?

How am I supposed to feel sorry for Elizabeth? Her character doesn't even make any sense. She was apparently trapped in this tower since she was a baby and instead of looking and acting like an aspie like Tomoko who has no idea about how to interact with human beings in the outside world, she's some sort of well-adjusted Disney Princess type. Also she apparently can generate portals that can go to any dimension and any time period but choose to leave her tower for no reason. And also she is designed for the player to be sexually attracted to her but it turns out she is your daughter. None of your choices matter in terms of affecting your relationship with Elizabeth and the ending makes no sense whatsoever.

Contrast that with Eleanor in Bioshock 2 where the actual father-daughter relationship is reflect in both the narrative and the gameplay. Eleanor observes you throughout the story and depending on how you treated the Little Sisters that were under your care, her own personality and decisions changed as reflected in the ending.

Fair point but that doesn't fix Elizabeth.

I have a question, if we take Burial At Sea 2 into account, how did Atlas get the "Code Yellow" phrase?
You'd think it would go through the same security as "Would You Kindly", but apparently he got it separately?

the creation of comstock via a baptism is a constant

no really though, the constance and furbies thing doesn't make any sense, its just magic plot glue for dummies who don't wanna think too much about their video games

Eugenics experiments could refer to things like sterilizing Jews through vasectomies or hysterectomies. Or giving chemicals or medication. Mutating little girls is a lot more life-altering I'd imagine.

That's really lazy writing.

Just new system shock please

Bioshock in space
inb4 System Shock

No im saying Raypunk space
think Forbidden Planet

Was Delta the father of Eleanor?

that's fair, but she goes from zero consideration for human life to "i only care about these little girls, i'll kill other humans to save them", and its just a little weird. a LITTLE weird. i guess i'd say she's an underwritten character rather than an unrealistic one.

already in the pipeline, being made by SS1/2 vets without levine.

I think it was his sperm. He didn't fuck Lamb, that's for sure.

Are you asking about her human father?

lamb was artificially inseminated through a tear

>Raygun Gothic-style Bioshock
I could dig it. That is an underutilized sub-genre.

>mfw Eleanor looks like someone who would be your daughter and is not sexualized at all

absolutely based

I don't expect it from any devs anymore.

But it still stands they could be successful by being good.

Why the fuck do people even make stock images like that? Who sets these up?

bioshock in space, its about contacting the great ones

Maybe she'll be the main character of 4.

That would be pretty neat

You know, I feel like Eleanor is a good example of an actually strong female character.

So basically the logical progression of Bethesda's Fallout.

Here's the answer, we don't take BaS in to account because it's retarded and shits all over the canon of ALL the games and that includes Infinite.

No, but that doesn't mean it's not his "daughter".

Like adoption.

she should be

imagine it being like Advanced Warfare's movement system.

They can totally adapt the gameplay to be much more fast paced.

Imagine how fun that would be.

That's enough to justify a sequel, it's a big enough twist on the gameplay.

zero hopes

probably going to be full of sjw shit on how terrible and sexist white men are and how everybody that disagrees with the left should be put in gas champers (you know the tolerance of the left)

Bioshock has never done that before.

>You could maybe show the "harvesting" in gruesome, graphic detail, but as we've already established, Bioshock is waaaaaaay too cowardly a game for that type of stuff.

Yeah and Infinite is waaaaaaaay to cowardly to show how a city filled with racist Americans would treat minorities. I mean the worst thing you see is the baseball throwing show at the start and thats it, why are there no lynched black people hanging off street lamps? why are there no white characters beating up minorities? Why is the Vox Populi shown to be more brutal and sadistic than the supposed racists?

Well, considering it was Levine being a perfectionist that resulted in Infinite being what it is, this is probably a good thing.

>352724671
They should make a game where a bunch of crazy leftists go to the ancient past of a parallel earth and call it Dinoshock

Does 2k have any non in-house devs they don't hate anymore? Gearbox and Turtlerock both royally fucked up, not sure who devs their sports games though, those still probably make a decent chunk of their yearly income.

Secret government underground facility/breakaway city

The story will be shit like bioshock 2
But we might get some good gameplay

user its a copypasta you're talking to a wall

goddamnit

Is that why it's being deleted?

BIG ANIME TITTIES

And go back to being horror please

2 had the best story out of the 3 bioshock games.

user don't fuck with my hope for humanity. its a copy pasta.

also here pastebin.com/Rbrrw7Wr

fund it

Big sister designs were so fucking good m8, not only was animalistic psyker girls in formfitting diving suits hot, it was cool with those one eye hole helmets and needles.
How about this: we play as a former little sister. The game takes place undeground and the replacement for powers is this goop that encases you as a skintight suit for maximum magical realm. Take the original splicer idea and build from there: far beneath the mountains in siberia, a city is being built. Only chosen may enter it. In the end it turns out someone was trying to bring about the next human stage of evolution in beneath a mountain where psychos fight for survival

>Dat ass with anterior pelvic tilt and internal rotation of the right greater trochanter

lol the racism in Bioshock Infinite was a fucking joke. It didn't have ANY fucking weight and felt so fucking awkward and forced.

It doesn't help that you're forced to choose between being "rayciss" (throwing the ball) or being a good little white guy (attacking the ringmaster) where that choice has zero fucking meaning. Regardless of what you do, you are caught being the False Prophet and shit hits the fan.

WHAT IF the fucking game makes the choice a little less about the racial juxtapositions of Columbia, and more about survival. It feels more shitty that way. You don't really want to hurt the couple, but you feel you have to just to fit in at Columbia. If you throw the ball at the couple, you can continue through Columbia with no troubles and you're caught elsewhere. If you kill the ringmaster, you face an earlier struggle but you "stuck to your morals". That would have been far better, and it doesn't create a discord between gameplay and story.

OH OH
Bioshock in a snowy city
call it
Cryoshock
Ill leave now

It's back in Rapture, but goes from the evil ending of the original. Jack led the splicers in a bid against the surface world, and is on the verge of winning.

You play a time displaced Jack from the good ending, sent by Elizabeth and ultimately have to fuse with the evil Jack to end Rapture's dark legacy.

That Levine enough for y'all?

Whoa, whoa haram user, absolutely haram.

but they took it out on purpose to show that you don't have free will and your choises dont matter.

looks like you wernt the demographic they were going for. since you too dense

I want a final game for Rapture, one that finally leaves the city in ruins and closes the book on her story.

After that I wouldn't mind seeing something completely new. Columbia was fucking boring (due in no small part to Levine I'm sure) so I'd prefer a new locale.

Also I'd like it if any game made was paraded about just to appeal to the ego of the creator. That was what made Bioshock 2 so good, I'd didnt need the sensationalism of some big twist. It just told a story. No pseudo intellectual garbage, just a story. That is what I want.

Also I want burial at sea and infinite removed from my mind.

I want to fuck anime elizabeth

There are so many shit opinions in this post that I'm feel like I'm drowning in shit.

Bioshock 2 pretty already did that. The destructive exit at the end couldn't have been good for the rest of the already shaky city.

Why did Elizabeth need to kill the "final Comstock" if he wasn't actually Comstock

>wanting more fucking bioshock
Nothing personal kid...

>frogposting

Persephone was a bit separate from the rest of Rapture wasn't it? It was a prison held afloat over a large pit so it's destruction would probably a little more self-contained than if that had happened anywhere else.

>neat idea on paper
>reduced to being a fucking security camera in the finished product

I'd like a game set a few decades after 2, where folks who had nothing at all to do with Rapture in any capacity find the place (either by happenstance or because they're investigating it) and decide to check it out. Maybe by that point most splicers have devolved to be even more monstrous, having lost their minds completely and being so deformed that they no longer even look like men. It'd be cool to see an actual outsider with no personal stakes find out about all the craziness that happened there. Though it'd be hard to make an excuse for any little sisters still being around at that point.

>And there's only like 6 of them in the whole game, and they're all in the same level
Fuck that game is shit. Gripping narrative is all it has going for it and that is FUCKING reaching.

Could always have the gatherers return, maybe from botched attempts at making new Little Sisters and instead turning them into ungodly slugs.

You didn't even look around. It was in the environments. It was the same kind of not-quite-subtle racism that America was known for.

why does everyone want rapture to go forward? why can't it go backward? why can't we have a game about fontaine vs ryan

The problem with that though is that it removes the whole harvest/save mechanic which I wouldn't mind necessarily but it's kind of a staple of the series. The slug thing would interesting though. Whoever is down there investigating stumbles upon a large disgusting glowing slug and upon approaching is suddenly attacked by an ancient, lumbering Big Daddy that is just totally berserk.

>Everything things about backwards and fowards
>No side

It's still weak-kneed to show any serious stuff. Hell, you don't even get to throw that ball at t he start even when you decide to.

Good fuck Levien Infinite was shit

Could still have to some degree, except instead of cute hellspawns, they're abominations that you either put down humanely, or just rip apart like a madman as you take the ADAM they've collected. Meanwhile, Big Daddies regain the proposed parasitic growths and are practically walking environmental hazards.

Here's my concept for Biosh4ck;

Nazis on the moon.

Their city progressed parallel to Rapture except they have an 80s theme in the 60s, with lots of neon imagery and cyborgs.

Make it as 80s Sci-Fi so it looks like 80s movies got the inspiration from this city.

Y-yes pls

That shit was noticeable but that and the whole museum area weren't really enough. None of it was really real, just big caricatures showing how racist these people were but with no actual real human cruelty beyond the baseball scene. It's all so bloodless, to the point that it makes the Vox look completely nuts since they're going around murdering civilians despite us never actually seeing anything done to them personally. It's just weird, like an odd revenge fantasy without the initial act to make the revenge justified.

I want to see a bioshock game set in some kind of Eastern steampunk-ish setting.
>towering skyscrapers, monoliths, monasteries, fairgrounds
>dudes in kitsune and Oni masks tracking you down throughout the course of the game
>vigor/plasmid bottles look like alchoholic beverages
>gargantuan mechanical dragons, samurai, and tengu appearing in the same sort of way big daddies and songbird were shown
>inb4 "WEEABOO XD"

In the planning stage at some point Delta was planned to be. No, I don't have a source but I remember reading it somewhere.

>steampunk

This is what killed Bioshock Infinite.

That could be interesting, playing as a member of Ryan's secret police or a Fontaine stooge but beyond giving us more context for those events and more time with those characters we enjoyed it wouldn't really bring anything new to the table since we already know how their stories end. Though there are other areas and times to explore beyond just the future, I mean there's an eight year timeskip between 1 and 2 and it's a big city, plenty of interesting stuff could have happened there.

I wonder if that card will make a guest appearance.

Might be in the art book.

Bio shock 1 and 2 are steampunk wtf are you on about

Good. Levine is a hack. SS2's ending was laughable. And infinite was hot garbage. Bioshock 2's story was straightforward and kind of silly but it was infinitely better than infinite.

Bioshock 1 and 2 are closer to Retrofuture than to Steampunk.

Bioshock Infinite is pure Steampunk.

They'll probably use the same reliable formula

>crazy, huge, unconventional "city"
>crazy, eccentric, maniacal villian
>crazy plot
>crazy powers
>crazy, huge, monster thing(s) that act as bosses/minibosses

>without Levine
In that case, I'm cautiously optimistic.

>without Levine

You'll hear no objections from me.

Its hardly Retro futer
there are no proper computer chips
look at the hacking mini game
vacuum tubes and shit

>Bioshock 2 better than Infinite

what sperglords actually believe

setting ideas

>70s soviet moon city
>rainforest treehouse city, deep in the amazon
>underground steampunk city
>city in hell

There was literally nothing wrong with 2. Infinite was the worst in the series.

That would be a pretty good setting though. You've had objectivism, and nationalistic societies taken to their dystopian end, why not do it with something like that too.

Or maybe a 70's LSD cult gone wrong, like if Tim Leary built a civilization on the moon dedicated to mind expansion and building a new paradigm before it all went crazy.

>nightmares
it gets released

Bioshock 1 got my sister into playing vidya. I loved the game. Never finished 2, and after finishing the 3rd one all I can say is no boss fights.

I like Infinite but 2 is pretty fucking great lad.

I was just thinking this.
Maybe have it set during the Gold Rush.
The story could be that a bunch of prospectors were determined to find a huge jackpot of gold, or maybe they accidentally found it and just kept digging. There is so much gold deep underground they end up building a little colony that ends up evolving into a huge underground metropolis. It's so deep that it has it's own law enforcement and eventually just starts producing and enforcing it's own laws due to it's isolation. An Earthquake takes out the only major tunnel to the surface. The citizens waited and waited for help from the outside but it never came, so to them they unofficially decided to secede from the country.
Plasmids could be harvested from new minerals found deep in the Earth. Due to the Earthquake isolation the situation could turn similar to the first game where Splicers started ravaging the city and a majority of the people couldn't make it out.

At least the Big Daddies having giant drills would make sense in this setting. Maybe instead they have giant blade saw arms. Or demolition based weapons.

>City in Hell

>Sir are you sure you want to build are city here?
>Of course! What place would be more free of god and government than hell itself!

I can actually see this happening

This one is a masterfully crafted bait. Well done, user. Here's your (You)

I really hope they do something like this

>not finishing 2

It had the best ending.

Infinite really refined the game mechanics, its the better playing game. Bioshock 1 had the better story.

It's objective fact.

Infinite's story and gameplay were terrible.

Is this loss?

Comstock still existed in a million universes. The idea of the multiverse theory is that every possibility has its own universe. So Comstock #1 might have shaken the preacher's hand, Comstock #2 might have stubbed his toe on the way out of the river, Comstock #3 might have gotten a different haircut, etc. . By going back and killing Booker before he could even make the choice to become Comstock, she eliminated all of them.

Personally, I think it's an absurd amount of effort just to save New York City, which Elizabeth had never even been to.

>The big banner at the beginning has harambe on it and a voice comes in on your smart phone in a terrible oirish accent "ye need to get out of this here city man loike the sploicers'll get ya so get crackin to it boyo"
>Rapture is totally dog shit; water everywhere, entire parts of city rotted away to the wet, splicers are even more mutated, pale and pasty. The damp has swollen their bodies to humongous proportions
>You walk around fighting splicers with quick time events and the oirish accent instructs you to please take all your money and deposit it into the pneumo tubes around rapture; for every 100 dollars you deposit, you recieve a mysterious gold slab. Oirish instructs you must have 1000 slabs to be able to weigh down a platform and unlock the elevator to cyborg-Ryans penthouse in the illustrious Rapture suburb of "Rimjob Heights"

So theres heaps of fighting splicers and big daddies which are still around for some reason, collecting menial shit and dollars which you can just buy through the Irrational game store and get to the end in 5 min or so. Finally:

>Your going up the elevator to the bossman and the voice goes "So...chosen one, you finally killed all the sploicers, I should thank you...after all, you have solidified my iron grip over Rapture!!!"

>elevator doors open and it's Levine with a huge beard, finger nails long and rotten, hands callused from repeated fapping and teeth stained with dorito dust and mountain jew code red. His accent takes on a decidely jewish-american tone

>"Now that I am once again king of the market...I have the power to open your horizons" he says, then says in a loud tone "CODEWORD GOYIM"

>Your entire reality distorts; rapture was just a suburb in yonkers all along and you had been killingfat white guys that dont like Bioshock games. The slabs were preorders for Bioshock 5; you have inadvertedly saved Levine from bankruptcy by funneling all your dough into a one-man kickstarter for the franchise.

>Levine wins the end

>Personally, I think it's an absurd amount of effort just to save New York City

No wait, never mind. That wasn't the reason. I just remembered that old, post-torture Elizabeth basically had god-like powers. So it was to save the world(s) from old Elizabeth. Still seems like too much effort imo.

Infinite is still my favorite of the series by far

But she didn't though, because in BaS there's still another Comstock running around.

all the bioshock games are completely the same so I have no hopes that the next one will be at all different except for maybe looking more like a pixar movie

Same here user, fuck these contrarians

>contrarians

It's really just a bunch of people trying to fit in, shitting on Infinite is an extremely easy way to feel like one belongs here.

Burial at Sea takes place alongside/before Infinite, not after it. It's about one of the Comstocks who fucked up the purchase/kidnapping of Anna/Elizabeth.

Infinite might be my favorite just based on how much I jerked it to Elizabeth porn and cosplayers

In BaS she is the last Elizabeth and she has to kill the last Comstock.

its not true. its just a ton of the projects that see the light of day are backed by publishers that dilute that actual creative vision or supplant the team until its filled with mindless puppets.

Burial at Sea was a stupid cash grab that makes no sense whatsoever. Comstock shouldn't exist and neither should Elizabeth, because the moment that made them exist (Booker's baptism) never happened.

>better story
no it didn't

saying infinite is better is a crock of shit.

its objectively more shallow

I don't think infinite was the aids Cred Forums seems to think but its CERTAINLY not best.

>objectively

Fuck off man

but it is

>citadel station in infinites files
what does it mean?

It's not better but it's not a bad game by any means.

Reminds me too much of Ironsky unless that was your aim

Irrational wanted to do another System Shock?

how do you have that many hours on a single player game that has like two times the replay value

>Infinite is actually HARD.

They wanted to include it in their dumb "always a lighthouse" shit

>Bioshock Infinite 2
>Takes place years and years after the events if Infinite
>Columbia is now over run with "Vigor Junkies" who are addicted to and corrupted by Vigor just like Splicers had been to ADAM
>Columbia has become a destroyed and broken down nightmare because of this. Buildings are falling apart, sane citizens are about as rare as they were in Bioshock 1
>Because of the lack of upkeep, Columbia has now drifted downwards several hundred feet, making the entire city covered in a thick dark layer of clouds/fog
>The fog now gives Columbia the same isolated claustrophobic feeling that Rapture gave
>The game has all new characters and locations. None of the Infinite characters return, save for a few recordings found
>RPG elements and multiple guns are returned from the previous Bioshock games

Would you?

you bet your sweet ass I want that.

I want you to screencap this post.

Its going to be an entire city on a fast moving giant train, constantly moving over the giant madmax-esque desert that is Earth thousands of years after a nuclear war. The city is going to have huge glass bottom floors so you can see the ground moving below you. The train must keep moving to avoid being devoured by giant sandworms that live underground.

Bioshock 2 was the best game in the series from a gameplay perspective, so I'm hopeful for it
Even if they just do the same thing they did in 2 and expand on Colombia, I'd be willing to give it a pass if they made it fun to play

I'd play it

>refined the game mechanics
Nice baiterino

But that shouldn't matter when the whole shtick is she uses fucking TIME powers to kill the Comstocks

actually... that sounds interesting...
user, I hope they don't fuck it up without him

There's more to Bioshock than just "[Easily stereotyped decade] city in [Odd location it doesn't make sense to have a city in]"

>Dead Space 3

FUCK YOU, I'd just forgotten about it.

Well, probably can't be worse than infinite, r-right guys?

That wasn't my intention but it looks similar to what i had in mind, i'll be giving it a watch soon.

Does it really have to have a location gimmick to be a Bioshock game?

I think you're overestimating the quality of Bioshock's political and sociological commentary. All the game needs is a cool setting with fun gameplay and creative plasmids

>Infinite: 11 million copies sold

This bullshit, why they closed down Irrational Studios then?

Just explained BLM brother.

columbia was a case of a good concept with awful execution

also
but if they're gonna make another one, then it should be underground or in the future, make system shock then call it bioshock for sales

or if they wanna reuse rapture AGAIN, then set it 100 years after the original, when a diving team finds the city and sends a crew to investigate

The setting was nice and it had some neat gun designs which just needed you to be able to carry more of them and for distinct weapon upgrades. I'd be okay with this, especially if at some point the game went to a large collection of city pieces which fell out of the sky entirely like in that mockumentary.

One of the only elements I'd want to borrow would be the dark future Booker goes to briefly when Elizabeth gets taken, with either the player or people/objects from that world crossing over for one reason or another.

I want to BE a Big sister!

I got one.

>Set in an insane asylum
>You're going insane
>Using plasmids makes you smarter but more retarded in the long run
>You have to finish with a piece of your mind intact
>call it ElectroShock

because Ken left and they already have 2K Marin.

Irrational is not the most efficient devs

How can she be the last of an infinite series? Was the title of Bioshock: Infinite a lie?

Or are they are using Infinite as 'uncountable'? But that would be a stupid use of the word as a title for the game. Is it a twist title?

>"Ha! You thought you knew what infinite meant, but we're using the technical definition of the term to justify our shitty twist ending! Rused!"

They should just go back to rapture, but I would.

Sounds like it was just too deep for you, mate :^)

>ywn have a big happy family

ITS NOT FAIR

Sauce on music?

It isn't contrarian to dislike a game that isn't as great as people say it is.

Go crazy with the science angle and make it about a shrunken city. You have to deal with gigantic bugs, normal sized microscopic enemies and splicers with randomly sized limbs. Final boss is a human you fight Shadow of the Colossus style.

leaving levine out is the best possible thing that could happen

this time it won't have the same 'white people left to their own devices turn into monsters' main plot that every bioshock has had so far

imagine layers of parentheses opening and then closing

Its less about creativity and more the rare mix where people are both creative and proactive. Anyone can be an idea man but the guy with both the ideas and the knowledge of how to implement those ideas is rare.

I didn't think I'd like the idea of going back to Rapture but that '100 Years Later' thing sounds pretty damn good.

>also here pastebin.com/Rbrrw7Wr
Oh thank you sweet jesus I thought somebody was actually being this deluded

Would you?

This. But the entire environment needs to feel otherworldly in how "extreme" the theme is; maybe the entire city hangs from the underside of a vast stone plate, around and beneath of which there's nothing but darkness, and yet one can hear the rumblings of the world and the streams of molten lava that fall off from cracks in the stone on a distance into the infinite nothingness below.

I know that's not really how the planet's core works but I can imagine of no better way to make the concept of "underground" as imposing and larger than life as possible.

Hard to resist not to.

We need someone to nab some new screens using the HD version.

>no final boss

huh. probably a good thing.

Only thing that probably would have worked would be that Alexander guy, and you deal with him long before the end.

Honestly, I never minded Fontaine that much. It wasn't unreasonable having him get jacked up on plasmids, it was just silly how he got all swolled up in the 10 seconds you're riding the elevator up to greet him, and somehow devise a system to reinvigorate himself when he needs another juicing.

Though if I had to say, they shouldn't have made his skin all metallic/rocky right off the bat, but instead just fleshy muscle and then as you weaken him/drain his ADAM, he turns to stone before dying.

>he literally turns into atlas

Gameplay wise I liked unloading everything I stocked up on into him. Pretty fun stuff.

kinda silly from a story perspective but whatever.

Honestly as long as it's similar to Bioshock 1 or 2 in terms of atmosphere I'll buy it, Bioshock to me has always been more of a creepy game rather than the cheerful romp in the rooty tooty point and shooty park that Infinite made it out to be

Hard to say. They made it clear plasmid abuse warped the body, so having someone go overboard and mutate wasn't that silly, aside from the fact that Fontaine somehow becomes godly in the scant minutes he flees from you and you follow him up that elevator. Had he started juicing all the while since he ordered you to die, maybe it could have been more plausible.

the only thing that's kinda dumb is the neutral and bad endings.

You're either a saint or you start a full scale nuclear war even if you've harvested one (1) little sister.

Hopefully they can make it happen when Rapture is just going to hell. Your on your way to work when a bomb goes off in the Bathysphere station and Fontaines splicers attack. You flee to your apartment, 4 weeks go by and most of rapture is a Splicer now and you try to just barely survive and find normal people.

Could have sworn the game let you get away with one sister, I seem to vaguely recall harvesting one in the PS3 version and still getting the good ending.

You basically described Bioshock 2's multiplayer.

Actually interesting level design ala SS2 or even Bioshock 1, weapons that don't bore me to tears, ditch that lame-ass gear system and bring back tonics or something even more in depth

I don't see the problem with that. Eleanor isn't even Johnny's real daughter. He only cared for herwhile in the big daddy mindset. Now with free will all he cared about was getting out of Rapture and live a normal life again like Porter.

That's Bioshock 2's multiplayer, your already a Splicer. I'm talking about a story involving one unspliced man trying to survive in the already fucked Rapture and looking for a way out and defend himself from the drugged out animals that inhabit rapture now.

That must be awkward as fuck seeing your "dad" stare at your booty like that. But I don't blame poor Delta because god knows how long he's been in that tin can in big daddy zombie mindset without some action.

Not really a booty, but yea, Eleanor probably wondered what her Daddy thought as her butt bounced around in that skintight suit.

Marin introduced the Luminescent Biomass spreading from out of the trench outside Rapture that mutated the slugs and was left unresolved. We're returning to the sea.

Play as Elanor, make the gameplay super fast.

>under the sea
>in the air
>?

So where should the next take place?

I say underground.

>Thoughts

Nobody doubted this was going to happen, especially since the Collection's original announcement coincided with rumors of a fourth (or third depending on how you look at Infinite) game.

>Hopes

Something that has nicely interwoven themes like the original, but the perfected combat of the second, along with its superior moral choice dynamic.

>Dreams

It manages to be entirely separate from all of the previous games, but making sense to be called Bioshock.

>Nightmares

Winds up being way more self-absorbed than even Infinite, with writing even worse than that game.

And only ONE weapon and plasmid/vigor, but with "mods" to give whichever option unique effects.

What about outer space?

An established city you could probably jump planet to planet seeing how things went wrong on each planet. Having different ideologies and junk. Maybe even an overarching theme.

No because it makes the series way too sci-fi. There's also plenty of these games. Not many games with underground cities though.

VOLCANOS

And the literal fact that it would just be System Shock all over again.

ACTUALLY.

THERE IS A GAME THAT SOMEONE LEAKED A WHILE BACK.

ITS FROM A WHITEBOARD AT 2K

BASICALLY ITS CALLED RAPTURE RISING AND INVOLVES THE A SHIP USED TO RECOVER A SUB TO RECOVER RAPTURE AND SUPPOSE TO START AFTER BS2 HAS JUST ENDED.

A risky, but exciting way to make the new Bioshock interesting is making it open world. Much like the Arkham games, or rather two of them. However, I feel Bioshock's usual narrative structure will make it difficult.

It will probably be another city, so I don't see why it can't be an island guarded by a wall and the lighthouse. Though that's just a random idea.

Although I hope we get more interaction with villains and allies at a personal level and the final bosses are really good.

New power ups, new guns, new mechanics, and I would like to see connections to the previous Bioshock games in a big way.

OOOHHH I WANT THAT.

Actually they just fired most of the staff and re-branded, Levine and his core irrational team are still working for 2K.

That already exists.

Sounds good to me. 2 is better than 1 and Infinite.

JUST

?

This is the new just, anyone else on board?

It'll be like Mafia III

Today I will remind them

>11 million copies sold

yeah what a loser lol

>2k
>battleborn
>evolved

i wouldn't be surprised

autism.

I'm genuinely curious about what 2K Marin can they do if they're pressed to make an original setting. Bioshock 2 felt a lot like a rehash.

If they recycle Rapture or Columbia, t'll be shit.

>pointing out legitimate flaws in the game is autism

No.

2 was better in every way

>boring escort bullshit you have to do 3 times per level with the little sister, and that wasn't fun in the first game
>new enemies are just bullet sponges
>Sofia Lamb hamfisted as fuck
No.

>The little sister escorts actually took you through wider levels instead of the crummy, narrow halls of the Big Daddy testing area
>Enemies were only sponges if you were a retard who didn't research them and upgrade your weaponry accordingly
>Sofia didn't need half-assed understandings of some objectivist bitch to be an unlikeable villain that you wanted to stop

>actual improvement to the (now optional) escorts: traps, get to pick and scout engagement, etc
>new enemies are brawlers, big sisters, rumblers and alphas all of which are either bosses or mid-bosses
>forced =/= hamfisted

so bioshock set in the 80-90s with rapture being reopened as a amusement park

>Bioshock World

OR
OR
Bioshock in a burning city
Pyroshock
Your character wakes up...
FROM PYROSLEEP

Please, it was just "spawn splicers until the time was over". Maybe a big splicer at the end.

There was nothing remotely interesting about big splicers and big sisters, it's just HURRR BIGGER HP MEANS BETTER RIGHT? I researched and they were still bullet sponges, you're just defending shit game design.

>optional
>yeah just don't get adam and skip on buying new powers and all that
Yeah I could opt for a better game as well.

Also Sofia Lamb felt like she didn't belong in there, and you know it.

feels good to not be this pleb

They weren't bullet sponges once you maxed out the research and weapons. I know because I actually played the game and by the end I was downing the hulking ones with a few shots and only having to use a lot of ammo during the big brawls with numerous splicers.

>shit game design

Says you, bucko.

there we go

Ignore he's just arguing for the sake of it.
He's right about somethings but on the whole Bioshock 2 is just a better game than Infinite.

>earthquake plasmid
>stalagmite plasmid
>TNT
I could dig it

That's entirely different. Especially if the show is just to write a story (like a clear beginning and end, but a short middle).

Breaking bad (specifically the show) was at its height because it was just trying to tell a story. And a damn good one. Wasn't trying to use make a sequel or anything (exception of better call saul).

Did you play on easy? Because yeah they were spongy and not interesting to fight. i'd love to hear how spawning enemies is some amazing engaging gameplay for every little sister you find.

>defending rehashes
You're the pleb here.

being better than infinite =/= this game is above criticism

>Bioshock 4
It should be named Bioshock 3 to go with the new System Shock 3 that will also be released and also to forget Infinite was ever a thing.

Did YOU play on easy? Because I didn't see anything but the Big Sisters remaining tough fights by the endgame. The brutes were fucking jokes once you had maxed weapons and research.

Stay wrong.

Nothing is above criticism you fucking amatuer, no one has claimed anything like that about Bioshock 2
Now take your shitty bait elsewhere.

It's like arguing with kids, being a bullet sponge doesn't mean it's hard, retard. It's just a chore, the sister barely engages in the fight, it's all throwing some shit at you while remaining static. Same for big splicers, they jump at you, walk at you, and can't be harmed by fire sometimes, you just walk backwards and keep pelting their head. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Yet you behave as if Bioshock 2 is sacred, try not being a faggot then.

>set it along the surface of the earth
>Everything is based on steam
>Simultaneously the city relies upon water transport
>and the use of free-flowing heaty goodness from the earth surface
>Some levels will be flooded paradise for the wealthy
>the poorer areas deal damage to you over time in them because they lack water and are so dry

or something to that effect. An underground city with massive domes and some way to replicate sunlight or plants engineered to grow without sunlight etc.

Pure autism.

>Yet you behave as if Bioshock 2 is sacred, try not being a faggot then.

I just said its a better game than Infinite. That makes it sacred does it?

nice nitpicking.

Shut the fuck up faggot.

I'm sorry for being right.

Oh, is this nitpicking too?

You're sorry for being a faggot.

Nigga take your autism to someone who'll actually read it cause I'm not your man.

>being a bullet sponge doesn't mean it's hard, retard

Yet YOU brought up the question about difficulty, retard.

Also, Big Sisters did not remain "statis", they were constantly running and jumping the arena. It usually meant you had to find an area that wasn't too big and open, but not too small and cramped so you could set up traps that they would actually step in.

And the brutes were never immune to fire, idiot. They charged you and didn't let up unless you damaged them enough for them to back off and seek medical aid.

>it's autism because I say it is

Whatever, kiddo.

Shitlord, take your misuse of words and fuck off to reddit.

>I'm too stupid to read

Sure, man whatever suits you. I'd suggest you stay away from discussion threads. You contribute nothing.

I must have played it more recently than you, because you've got it all wrong.

Some big splicers were fire-element or something, they didn't get damaged from fire at all. They were all pretty dumb to fight against as the other big splicers.

I did play on hard difficulty, but my point is that little sisters were just big daddies with more HP, and no, they did not jump around and were easy to fight against, just boring and long.

In fact plenty just stood there while using telekinesis, while I unloaded my special ammo from different weapons at them. Nothing special at all, try playing the fucking game.

>the game has flaws because I say so!

see I can do it too.

nice boogeyman.

I don't read nitpicking bullshit written by an autist. besides your posts, but how else would I reply to them?

I have been playing the game, and they don't fucking stand still you mongoloid retard.

OMG, someone mentioned the flaws! How dare they, the cads!

I'm going to stop replying to your bullshit. You have nothing meaningful to say.
You're so fucking entitled you wont even bother reading something that clearly shows you're wrong.

Maybe have it Soviet themed? Like a USSR mining colony that grew into its own city

System Shock 3 is already being made dude.
That's different from System Shock 1 remake.

>Popuko
>shit-taste

Get the fuck out you normie shitstain subhuman

>opinions
>clearly wrong

I'm the entitled one?

Brevity is the soul of wit, brother.

The infinite hate circlejerk is petty and meaningless, it gets reposted everyday on Cred Forums, in every Bioshock thread over and over again.

There's no need to be surprised when people stop giving a shit.

Considering you're basically going "NOOOOOOOOOOooooo! Stop saying bad things about Infinite, stahp it!" is pretty entitled. People have made valid points about why Infinite isn't as good as the first two games, yet you put words in their mouths like they're saying those games are flawless masterpieces.

I completely agree that it's not as good as the first two games, I just don't think it's absolute dogshit like many of the hive-mind make it out to be.

Well that's what they call opinions, bub. If you can't handle opinions, then get out of the thread, it's as simple as that.

I can handle them, but it's the same 10 images that have been posted over and over again for like 2 years.

This thread isn't even about infinite, but yet some feel compelled to repost them anyway.

Then just ignore them. Using meme words like "autism" and saying the people who agree with the images are wrong is just going to make things difficult on your end.

They do, you apologist piece of shit

No, they don't, you shitposting liar.

I think it'll be good.

I'm out of the loop what's wrong with Levine?

He literally wrote the story of Infinite because he "felt stupid" when reading about quantum physics and time travel, which means the illogical nature of the story and plotholes were because he didn't understand shit.

Granted, it'd be stupid to not blame the higher ups at 2K for demanding some of the changes made from the game's original concept, such as how Elizabeth's powers were something you weren't meant to abuse like someone hitting F5 in a porn dump thread.

gracias familia