Super Mario Sunshine

This was the best Mario game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aoSvPRY9gtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the second best 3D mario platformer after 64, which isn't all that hard to do since every other 3d mario sucks ass

So many words that don't describe the game one bit. I could say you jump with the a button and would've made a more descriptive post.

What's your life?

>More descriptive
Galaxy games suck and 3D world sucks compared to 64 and Sunshine

No.

hahahahaha
nice memes you got there

Still aren't saying anything with meaning

But why?

That's not Super Mario Star Road.

How the fuck do I clear sand slide holy shit

Why do people really dislike this? I loved this just as much as 64 and I loved that a great deal too.

I disliked galaxy

PACHINKO

I agree.

Sunshine and Galaxy are both 10/10.

64 is is just ok

It had a lot of padding and unfairness, in retrospect if you can't find flaws with this game you have to dislike parts of it

>I grew up with the gamecube

We get it.

64 >>>>> sunshine / galaxies

This kinda, they got worse as time went on

64 >>>> Sunshine >>>> Galaxy etc

They're all great games but I think 64 and Galaxy are the better ones.

For all the great levels and settings and other improvements, 3D Mario games are kind of tragically kneecapped by the fact that the control mechanisms are simplified, and not in a good way. From Mario 64 on, the means of movement become slower, simpler, more boring, less fun to play.
If only Galaxy played like 64.

This was the best Mario game

No, 64 was objectively the best of the 3d titles.

Uhh, no it was good for its time and was eclipsed by later 2D titles.

No, it's simple and to the point, making it the best Mario

3D World has more movement options than galaxy, they're just distributed through the power-ups.

I don't know if its the best, but it is definitely my favorite, since I got it for my birthday when I was 8 years old.

Also has great music.

can't wait for tonights stream too op

3D world just doesn't immerse me the way 64 does.

I can't pin it down to one thing though, 3D world just feels sterile for some reason.

Galaxy was ok. OST was pretty nice but it just didn't feel fitting for each world. I remember listening to Gusty Garden Galaxy before I got the game and was like "Wow this is neat!" Then when I got the game and got to that level, it didn't make any sense.
64 = Sunshine >> Galaxy

64 has a lot holding it back like the star mission structure and audio design.

Well, in the first place, Galaxy is by far the simplest and most boring to play, so that's not saying much. Second, locking movement options like that to powerups doesn't make the core gameplay better overall. And even the movement options opened by the cat power up don't have the versatility or momentum of 64. The most exciting part of 3d world is the ice levels where you can slide and build crazy momentum if you do it right.

64 & Sunshine >>>>> Galaxy 1 & 2

Youre underaged if you think otherwise

Still has the best looking water in any game

64 had a bunch of great audio tracks and design ideas, but also a lot of typical nintendo generic kiddiebasic junk, not that it wasn't a great game over all but a bunch of parts really shone out as great design ideas while other parts felt bland to me.

In fact, I bet I could pinpoint a load of good features and they would turn out to have all been from the same developer, of course we'll never know.

Are the star mission structures any better in galaxy and 3d world? genuinely asking

Sonic heroes GC has pretty good water

Does it?

Yes

Isn't it great that we can all agree to disagree without getting into unnecessary arguments. Different people have different tastes and preferences. There's literally nothing wrong with that. We don't have to be a hivemind

3D World is my favorite Mario game.

>64
+great movement system
+charmingly shitty looks
+good level design for what it tries to accomplish
+one of the best hub worlds in vidya
+it was the first game I ever played
-shit tier water levels
-mediocre bossfights
-easy as piss; the nonlinear, pit-sparse design doesn't take advantage of the movement except on like two levels and thus leads it to feel kind of unsatisfying (also goes for Sunshine and part of Galaxy)
>Sunshine
+looks pretty, great water
+even better movement mechanics than the previous entry
+FLUDD is fun sometimes
+special stages are rad
-pretty much everything else
-probably the most blatant and shameless exhibition of style over substance in Nintendo history
>Galaxy 1
+gravity platforming is incredibly fun
+looks absolutely amazing for the hardware, still unquestionably holds up today
+orgasm-tier soundtrack
-bland hub
-movement simplified for the sake of balance, bit of a killjoy even if it's worth it
-still really easy
>Galaxy 2
+every plus from Galaxy still applies
+more linear and focused, even has a bit of challenge near the end
-most of the minuses still apply
-le rehash meme
Never actually played 3D world, how good is Wii U emulation now?

youtube.com/watch?v=aoSvPRY9gtQ

>Sunshine babies grew up and are already posting here

God damn I feel old.

wtf is this