Happy 127th anniversary!

Today is the birthday of Nintendo, one of the greatest video games industry ever, and responsible for ending the video games crash era in 1983 to 1985, by lauching their first console, the Nintendo Family Computer.

Let's have a thread about it. Share your memories about Nintendo, and post what are you doing to celebrate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nwd56K7rp7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Super Mario Wolrd is the best Mario game.

I believe in you, but I also believe Galaxy Sunshinewere the best games.

What about side series with different characters? i think Wario and Donkey Konga are GOAT

is that a boy or a girl

It's a furry

wow nintendo's almost as old as the playstation

So when did Nintendo exist? What did they do back then?

Card games, weird toys and love hotels, i think.

Playing cards and puzzle toys. I had a barrel puzzle toy by nintendo my mum found at a yard sale.

Nintendo still make playing cards in japan, all the playing cards at the konbinis here (7-11 etc.) are nintendo brand.

About every Mario character has an potential game.

Imagine a flying game where we fly as Paratroopas.
Or a Captain Toad sequel with more exploration and big worlds.

The Mario universe is full of potential to be explored.

Daisy game when?

Yiff in hell furfag

NEW SARASALAND GAME WHEN?

NINTENDO PLS

It's not that I don't want one but you must
understand that the memish obsession for Daisy
has to end somehow so please refrain about
posting about Daisy from now on thanks!!!

The want for a new daisy game is a popular opinion now? This is new to me.

Cred Forums is all about daisy and has been for years now

These retarded faggots even ship DaisyxWaluigi
Holy shit

Oh ok, I don't come to this board much because I can't stand the SJW-pandering shitfest games.

Speaking of, got any suggestions for stuff that's gory/gross/funny recently? I like stuff like Conker's Bad Fur Day, Stick of Truth etc.

I played party hard and it was vaguely interesting.

I'll create another batch of threads proclaiming that this year, THIS YEAR, will finally be the year Nintendo dies.

And I'll be wrong.

Happy birthday Nintendo.

As bad as you've been lately, I can't deny how many great things you've done.

What is this stupid glossy filter that's been appearing on everything since mirror's edge?

It looks fake as fuck and it pisses me off.

what was it

>Nintendo
>bad

They've done pretty well to keep up with the times while avoiding as much shit-tier stuff as possible.

They still don't charge online fees, not that much map/dlc wallet grabbing (yeah amiibos suck but it's nowhere near the xbox or psn store level of shitting), still keep full games on physical copies, consistently release decent if somewhat generic titles.

I miss when they were still promoting edgy games that were somewhat catered towards adults like in the N64 era but with the rise of the PC they've had to find a new niche.

They've even decided to make their iphone game an upfront payment, and tried to win back the store away from all the fucking gem-chest f2p junk.

Still room for improvement, tough.

I'm really, really hoping this current trend of making games that they know fans won't like is just temporary.

Hurr

I'm just hoping they find a decent small software team, hold them to some decent standards and get them to put out a good game.

They definitely have the money to do it, and getting some actual different content under a 3rd party name on a nintendo system would do them a world of good.

Everyone's sick of "oh look the new mario" at this point.

No fuck off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNDERTALE!!!

>still keep full games on physical copies
And yet most popular non-mario Nintendo games are pretty much always understocked. Seriously you have to be on release to get something non-mario related games.

Unless its Chibi Robo.

Poor, poor Chibi Robo...

Funny that everything in that gif looks infinitely better than anything in the game

I live in japan, but I've heard the WiiU sold like turd in the west so I can understand this. From the pictures I've seen it doesn't stop the stores being stocked to the brim with amiibos though? :S

That's because the game had a retarded lazy 8-bit style.

We never see 32-bit cd audio style titles from indie devs because that would require actual work.

They just want to hop on the bandwagon and make something "lol pixels" and get money.

Thats because they flooded the market with Animal Crossing ones. I have seen so damn many Kapp'ns and Digbys its ridiculous.

>Today is the birthday of Nintendo, one of the greatest video games industry ever, and responsible for ending the video games crash era in 1983 to 1985, by lauching their first console, the Nintendo Family Computer.

Yeah, and remember when Nintendo wanted to monopolize the market

youtu.be/nwd56K7rp7A

I'm glad that Sony arrived and BTFO them.

Mario made me love video games.

Videos like this make me realise that video games were severely fucked right from the start because of stupid fucking marketing politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if stupid shit like this is going on with steam right now.

Same

That was Sega that ended the monopoly. Sony was content to sit idly by and develop sound chips for Nintendo until they decided to try and buy out all of their IPs. They didn't mind that monopoly when it benefited them.

Sony is probably the most insidious of them all, as they hide behind a cloak of "pro-consumerism", when they really wouldn't mind being the only company in existence.

>implying all these companies aren't a bag of dicks

all of the console marketing crap is just a load of shit to sell computer hardware in a box at the end of the day. What really matters is those individual people in the team at whatever software company, dreaming up great ideas for a game. And even then, those usually get raped to fuck with stupid policies, ESRB ratings, censorship and marketing, hence why every game that comes out now is ripped to shreds from the designers original ideas, and turned into a p2w CoD clone with map packs and shit like that.

There are hundreds of designers out there that desparately want to make a good game but aren't allowed to because the companies have to please all these investors and laws and stores and SJWs.

>as they hide behind a cloak of "pro-consumerism", when they really wouldn't mind being the only company in existence.

Just like Ninty?

I think 3 is the best.

>love hotel

AWWWWW YEAAAAA

every company is bad you retard
see:

I know retard, but this guy is saying that Sony is the most "insidious" when every company is fucking shit.

Weird way to spell Super Mario Brothers 3.

today i'm celebrating nintendo's 127th birthday by pirating games on the 3ds

i'm really enjoying playing super mario all stars + world on the go

new?

it was deleted before I came in the thread

you dont know how to look at deleted posts?

newfag confirmed

Im sorry

you should be