Is this the best FPS console ever made ?

Is this the best FPS console ever made ?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.bungie.org/halo/archive38.pl?read=1138638
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Here take a free game
FD5VY-X0W34-BZRRM

Yes

>FPS on console
There is probably better but its up there

Splatoon is better.

>B-but kid game!
But other game

I'm inclined to say yes

I'm pretty much only a pc user except for nintendo, but halo 3 almost made the subscription cost worth it

Its incredibly polished and has a lot of replayability

Looking back, it seemed we were all tired of halo clones at the time, but man we've had hot garbage ever since

Best fps game, yeah. Console can be debated. Sony still has Killzone.

>kill zone
>being anywhere near halo quality

>Killzone

Nope Halo 2 was better.

LOL No

Op started with a kid game so splatoon is fine.
The age range of people playing splatoon is higher than the age range of people playing halo 3

>30fps
>sub 720p resolution
>shit fov

this shit made me sell my 360, what a disappointment. cod4 was a million times the game halo 3 was.

I wonder why.

kz2 is GOAT

Yes

What a faggot

you dont get to play console fps games and call other people faggots

Because it's actually competitively viable out of the box.

It's not even as good as its predecessors.

Is Halo 3 not? I've never played it, because >console >shooter

Of course I do. Faggot.

you're being really cringey right now

RNG spread, slow walk speed, long TTK, and some generally pretty godawful map design. Pic related is a great example; almost every doorway deflects bullets, so people can camp it easily with a Shotgun.

Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo 1 > Halo Reach > Halo Wars > Halo 3: ODST

Sounds like shit. How's the campaign? As good as, better, or worse than Splatoon's?

Splatoon's single player was just a means to unlock some extra multiplayer weapons and to teach the mechanics of the game. Halo 3's is better, but really isn't that good to begin with. The first half of the game is really dull, and it only really gets good in the last 3 or 4 missions.

It's the best Halo user, trust me. After playing each one from the beginning 3 is well worth it.

Best in the series.

>and it only really gets good in the last 3 or 4 missions.

I seriously hope you're just not remembering the level count well, because the 4th last mission is possibly the best mission in the trilogy.

Otherwise you're not too wrong.

Splatoon's singleplayer was surprisingly really good. Good, open ended level design that let you go about each section a different way (with a few exceptions, like world 1-3, which is supposed to teach you about wall climbing). Platforming was really good, surprisingly. I'm surprised there was no section where you had to wall-jump in squid form.

Also, it got hard later in the game, especially with the sniper octos

The problem with the "good" missions in 3 is that they're usually a single setpiece that makes them memorable(The Covenant's dual Scarab fight, Halo's Warthog run). Did anyone actually like Crow's Nest and the Flood missions?

Only mission I hated in 3 was "Cortana" other than that it was my favorite campaign in the series.

No

You know, I bought halo 3 again since I was feeling ultra nostalgic a few weeks ago. Don't know how I played a shooter with a controller. Maybe I'm just bad at using controllers now which is a shame because I grew up on controllers. Plus it played at 20-30 fps. It was weird and not fun. Maybe I'm just spoiled on PC. I have more fun playing tekken 3.

SPLATOON IS NOT AN FPS

You mean the anxiety mission

It is when you're playing Chargers.

Yes

No, it's not even the best in it's own franchise

I don't like splatoon that much. The visual design is great and the music is really good. They have a novel idea.

But every match just feels like a crapshoot. Like the result wss completely random.

I can't tell if I just haven't gotten gud or there's legimately no skillgap.

Explain why it's not

No, it's not.

2 is better then 3 in almost every way other then forge, 3 is a fantastic game, but it's far from the best halo. I'd say it's the least flawed halo game, though.

The covenant is a good mission and is memorable for a lot of reasons other then the dual scarab fight.

You start off in a great beach assault already with a spartan laser, you fight tons of cheitans, there's a perfect ratio of on foot and vehicle combat; there's the massive aral battle over the ocean, you get elites as allies, suddenly the flood out of fucking nowhere, then you get a classic halo scorpion segment. THEN you get the dual scarab battle, and finally the final push against truth where the flood of all things allies with you and you kill truth

I'm far from a halo 3 fanboy but that's legimately and easily the best mission in the franchise, if not the best single player level of any game i've ever played. It has litterally ever element that makes halo great in it and executes on all of them well, and has like 5 different setpieces, each of which on their own would totally be a super amazing moment that could define an entire mission

>Killzone.

>But every match just feels like a crapshoot. Like the result wss completely random.
>
>I can't tell if I just haven't gotten gud or there's legimately no skillgap.
Depends on if you were playing ranked or not. There's definitely a skill gap at higher levels.

>console
>FPS

LOL

>Killzone.
budd,

On console? Possibly. Halo 3 was amazing, but going back on the MCC and playing it next to Halo 2 and CE kind of make me want to say that it might not be the best. The FOV seems small compared to the older titles but that might just be me not playing the game in years.
>Tfw you'll never be in highschool playing Halo with friends all night again.
>Tfw you're internet was shit and you play xbl as a guest where the other team talked shit and you rekt their rumps and place first on the team.

forums.bungie.org/halo/archive38.pl?read=1138638

>your internet
Goddamnit.

>it kept getting smaller as the games got worse

pfft.

Huh, I guess there was a reason I felt like I was looking through a soda straw.

Halo 2 is better, the br sucks in 3, 2 has better maps and gameplay, the only good thing is the spartan laser and 3 mp maps

Yes, discovered it yesterday, played for 8 hours. I don't even like video games that much. Can you recommend games as good as it?

>and 3 mp maps
I wouldn't want to call any of Halo 3's maps "good". They range from "bad" to "serviceable".

Valhalla, high ground and standoff

Valhalla sucks ass when you have a weapon that can shoot more farther than 15 feet, as evidenced by 4 & 5.

Explain please, I would actually like to know what you mean?
Why are the maps in HALO 3 bad ?
Give examples where necessary

>, as evidenced by 4 & 5.

So the problem you are complaining about wasn't apparent in HALO 3 ?

Moron.

The problem I'm complaining about is that Valhalla wouldn't be good in any game with accurate weapons(read: a good game). Even in 3, the winning strategy was to hold the 50-yard line with a sniper, and have laser guy blow up the enemy Warthogs and Banshees.

They were all designed around AR starts and so BR starts lead to degenerate gameplay because of spawn camping and long sightlines.

For every problem Halo 3 had customs 100% made up for it and made the game GOAT

Not surprised insufferable NEETS nobody waned to be around didn't get to experience the best part of Halo

Let me go down the list of maps that immediately come to mind.

>Construct
The bottom level is never used, and there are too few ways to the top; 2 hard routes and 3 lifts.

>Guardian
Worse than Lockout, too flat. The sightlines aren't as well-thought out and there's no safe way to cross the map since you can see directly down bottom mid.

>Pit
Literally a wall. No safe way across the map because every possible option is a narrow hallway that leaves you with no cover upon exiting.

>Avalanche
Same as Pit, but on a much larger scale with even less options through the middle section.

>Isolation
Absolutely no cover along the top of the map, while the underground portion is nothing but narrow hallways

>Epitaph & Snowbound
Shield doors

>inb4 le git gud works on my machine xDD

best console fps coming through

I could only play so many 10-round Infection before it got dull. Maybe it was different because my circle of friends also enjoyed playing Halo, and not Mario Party.

That game was genuine shit. Seriously wtf is wrong with you people? It had ex-Confederates in the 1850s.

If you need, google is that way.

For me I have never been a competitive mp guy, I played Halo for the campaign and I played the multiplayer just to have fun, I loved that about Halo 1-3. No will probably agree with me because 343 is not Bungie but I enjoyed Halo 4 and 5 far more than I ever did ODST and Reach developed by Bungie, LLC. (the name they used when they became independent of MS).

go to hell

stupid fucking snowbound

I had more fun in 2 customs then 3 ones desu, I found the lack of forge and such forced more creativity.

On the other hand, Reach's forge was just so fucking robust people could do fucking anything in it which also lead to GOAT customs

>I enjoyed 4 and 5 more than ODST and Reach

Well it's probably because you have brain damage user

So sick of BR fags. Just shut the fuck up about the BR, Assault Rifle was always more fun and felt like the staple of the Halo series.

Br fagging turned the game into a tryhard competitive headshot game instead of a fun grenade chucking warthog flipping sim.

Same thing happened with Halo Reach.

Halo 1 and Halo 3 will always be the king.

I don't know where the fun comes in when you're using a bullet hose where aim means nothing.

Halo 3 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect are up there. I think the edge goes to Halo 3 for its superior online multiplayer support.

Or maybe because ODST and Reach were complete shit but I forgot some of you faggots like licking ball sacks on on here. "Actvision ruined Destiny, not Bungie" this is what you faggots like to believe. Halo spin off era (2009-2010) was the worst era for the series.

Pretty much, yes

I like ODST, but Reach sucked shit.

They both sucked shit. I seen the Taken King garbage coming after that $60 fiasco in 2009.

>Activision didn't ruin Destiny
Mr.Staten would like a word with you

If you want a competitive FPS get off your fucking couch and install Quake 3.

Halo was always a fun casual FPS with wonky physics and fun weapons.

Halo 2 added in the tryhard mountain dew doritos era of console FPS gaming that created the downfall of PC FPS, took away all the fun physics in favor for extremely badly implemented havoc engine, and the guns just weren't as fun to use.

>This game is shit!

>Why?

>Lack of historical accuracy!

Idiot

Halo has always been somewhat tryhard, but it has the capacity to support both playstyles. Much to Bungie's dismay, as they tried to make each subsequent game easier and more casual.

I hate BRfags with a burning passion but I think H2 has better MP then 1 and 3

2>5>1>3=reach>4

IMO for MP. This isn't including customs or forge

>accurate weapons

No game has accurate weapons.
Also, its halo.. and a game.

It was going to suck anyway without them ODST and Reach were red flags. If your dumbass self couldn't tell Destiny was going to suck after ODST & Reach then you need to get a mental check up.

1, TU Reach, 4, and 5 have pretty accurate weapons. 2's BR isn't nearly as accurate, but it can still do stuff.

the only real argument you have is the doorway thing but that is like only 2 doors out of the entire map that does that

HALO 3 FTW. Best Halo!

1 big door on the back of each base leading in, 2 doors on the front of each base, 1 small door leading into the bottom cave area, and 1 big door right in front of the Shotgun spawn. There is no way to get into the bases without crossing a shield door, and only 1 way to get into the underground section.

Those are some great assumptions you got there pal you really showed me

this is why Cred Forums seems to love halo 3. All these kiddies got an xbox 360 and purchased halo 3 and thought it was the greatest thing ever because they had so much fun.

They'll never know the struggle of becoming a 35 in halo 2. Growing up in a major US city I was always surprised by how few people I knew in person that actually played halo 2. In highschool some kids would joke about halo 3 because it wasn't like COD.

In college i got a solid lan game against some asians in the common lounge after I got back from a house party. Needless to say they got washed up

man the nostalgia, opening up my 360 and halo 3 on christmas day
fuck i miss my childhood.

without a doubt its the best of all time, op

>assumptions
You can't be this retarded. You honestly couldn't tell Destiny was going to suck after e3 2013?

FPS nintoddler

Splatoon is definitely solid though

game is GOAT

my favorite game of all time. I fucking played this game all the time when it came out. its a shame that no one is online, that they havent ported it to PC, AND that no one plays the expansion maps like mythic or legendary. I count it as the last good halo game. ODST was fine, Reach was not as good, and every one since has sucked dick. I especially hate how you cant dual wield anymore. So many memories, and so much nostalgia. I was very happy to see this thread.

couch vs modes was amazing vs bots

>one shotting with fire arrows

Absolutely not. The gunplay is terrible

>I played the multiplayer just to have fun
>but I enjoyed Halo 4 and 5 far more than I ever did ODST and Reach

but halo 5's multiplayer is built entirely for competetive play and nothing else

What did you grow up playing faggot?
Mario?

I can't have fun playing Halo 5 multiplayer because it's competitive? I already told you, I play Halo multiplayer for fun I don't care about ranks. I only hated it when Halo added COD elements and AA to mp other than that I enjoyed mainly playing BTB.

Halo 3's weapons as a whole are shit. They're all weak and inaccurate. The majority of them are also AR reskins.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this

Only the SMG is close to an AR reskin. The Spiker is effectively the same, but it has insane range with bullet drop, so you can hit shots across Sandtrap if you arc the shots properly. The Plasma Rifle is unique in that it does extra damage to shields and flood. The rest of the weapons aren't even automatic.

tfw you'll never play cops n robbers, garbage compacter, jail break, assassin, and demolition derby with a full lobby for hours again.

Halo 3 will always be my favorite game of all time.

Damage values aside, they all function more or less identically. You're also missing the Sentinel Beam.

It's the worst next to Halo 5, easily

I agree with the other user that it is a game with very few flaws, but it also was void of alot of the action that made the first two good. It was slower and had a small number of legitimately good maps. Gadgets were also kinda dumb imo.

Campaign:

1>3>2>Reach>4

Maps:

1>2>Reach>3>4

Gunplay:

2>1>3>Reach>4

Community:

2>1>3>>ReachCustom Games:

1>3>2>Reach

doesn't count

Halo 3 was the closest thing to a PC game for consolefags

I'm the user who you were seconding the "few flaws, but few exceptional points" point from. actually think CE is tied with 5 for the worst campaign in the series. CE has way too many issues with reusing envoirments, geometry, and layouts, and lacks variety in weapons and enemies on top of that. It gets very tedious

IMO

>Campaign
2>Reach>ODST>3>4>CE=5

>Story
2>ODST>Reach>3>CE>5>4

>Competive MP
2>5>CE>3>Reach>4

>Customs/Forge
Reach>5>3=4>2>CE

>Maps
2>CE>5>3=4>>>>>>Reach

>Gunplay
5>2>Reach>3>4>CE

>Community
2>3>CE>Reach>4>5

The Sentinel Beam shoots clowns on fire, which the AR obviously doesn't.

>Campaign
Halo 3 > Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 2 > Halo 4 > Halo 5: Guardians > Halo: Reach

>Multiplayer
Halo 1-3 > Halo 5: Guardians > Halo: Reach > Halo 4

>Overall
Halo 3 > Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 2 > Halo 5: Guardians > Halo 4 > Halo: Reach

What makes you put CE's campaign that high?

I just legit can't wrap my head around people having it in anything but last or second to last place inb regards to the campaign missions

Maybe because the first of Combat Evolved was good, Halo 2 had a few good Earth missions and Delta Halo but became mediocre and at points terrible after. Storyline in CE was also simple before Halo 2 as well like any other FPS at the time.

*half

It does have the issue of reusing alot of things, but I never really had much of an issue with it. I always kind of liked it and felt like it helped create a sense about Halo that it as very utilitarian and/or brutalist structure. It does lack variety in most things, and that does hurt it in SP, but I think it also gives an elegance to MP. I really don't know how you can think CE had worse customs than all the others. Maybe its because CE was my heyday as far as gaming as a social experience, but there were so many classic custom gametypes in CE.

>gunplay
>CE last
What?

I'm gonna disagree user, this is how i'd rank all the missions across the first 3 halo games:

The Covenant > The Ark > The Great Journey > Delta Halo > Regret > Tsavo Highway = The Silent Cartographer > Metropolis = Outskirts > Cairo Station > Gravemind > Assault on the Control room > Truth and Reconciliation = Halo (3) > Sierra 117 > The Storm > Uprising = Crows Nest > The Pillar of Autumn > Halo (CE) = 343 guilty spark > The Arbiter > High Charity > Sacred Icon > The Maw = Floogate > Keyes > Two Betrayals > Quarantine Zone = Cortana > The Oracle > The Library

The only truly remarkable level CE had was silent cartographer. Assault on the control room and truth and recoconilation were pretty good but not outstanding. Every other mission in CE was either meh, below average, or bad compared to other missions in the series if you ask me

> Storyline in CE was also simple before Halo 2 as well like any other FPS at the time.
If you like that, I can appreciate the difference in taste, but the thing I love most about halo is the lore, so I like halo 2's story a lot more, as it's far more fleshed out,

The fact CE's plot is so barebones also exacerbates the issues I mention with it being tedious because you don't have much of a plot to help motivate you either.

When I rank customs, I rank custom potential, not customs in pratice. Reach and 5 are at the top there because they have the most robust forge and gametype editiors.

The community scale is more towards what you are thinking of which games actually had the most fun customs and a sense of community. For me, Halo 2 was the peak of that and my online gaming social expierence, so I have it at the top there

I might be biased for 2 in general, it's at the top in most categories.

I can't really describe what it is, but something about how aiming feels in CE just doesn't click with me

I think part of it is how fucking wide the reticule is on a lot of the weapons, but even putting that aside there's just something about the acceleration or whatever that I just don';t like

As far as weapon balance goes, that's another story. Weapon balance wise i;d say it goess

5>Reach>CE>>>>>>>=3=4

Reach was the best. They were all pretty solid besides ODST. I gotta admit, Halo 3 was my least favorite up until the 343 garbage.

>Campaign
2>Reach>3>ODST>CE>4>5

>Story
Reach>2>3>ODST>CE>4>5

>Competive MP
Reach>2>5>4>3>CE

>Customs/Forge
Reach>4>3>2>CE (never tried in 5)

Timesplitter 2 holds the throne now that EDF is on PC

>The fact CE's plot is so barebones also exacerbates the issues I mention with it being tedious because you don't have much of a plot to help motivate you either
That's a problem because? Halo CE was like other FPS less about plot and more about shooting aliens as a badass and that's what Halo should be all about. It's the main reason Halo CE and 3 have the best campaigns in the series and why Master Chief's sections in Halo 2 were the only enjoyable sections in that game. If they want to focus on story that badly in Halo keep it in the novels and the comic books.

I can enjoy ODST because I didn't pay 60 bucks for it and it lacks the stigma for me
In fact it is my favorite title