Arkham Oranges

Have I just become shit at vidya or is this game the most difficult from the Arkham series?

Granted, it's still not all that tough, but there seems to be far more enemies in a battle, more variety and I can barely hold a combo whereas in the others I'd cruise fights without a hitch

Seems odd desu

YEAH I THINK ITS THE HARDEST M8

There's just something that's off between it. But eventually you get used to it.

Knight is like this too

I've played Knight, it was ez pz

I'm generally good at Arkham games but just can't string things together properly in here

I think Batman is intentionally clunkier in origins, you can't just counter out of everything and enemies often beat your punch if you try to throw it out without thinking. Use the dodge more.

>is this game the most difficult from the Arkham series

any semblance of difficulty evaporates when you get the shock gloves

I've just got them, not going to use them honestly precisely for that reason

Honestly thinking about it even the predator sections in here seem to have larger numbers. I don't know if it's cause I stuck it on hard on my first playthrough but I doubt it, I've played all the Arkham games through on hard at some point and had no issue

That's because Origins doesn't have the polish of the other games. The difficulty you're experiencing is unintended.

you can't not use them unfortunately

At least if I remember right

Maybe you're right, 8 mercenaries in a room with proximity mines on Gargoyles? None of the games did this, doesn't seem very fair if you're trying not to get caught

You choose when to activate them, unless there are enemy types that require them it should be fine

Didn't Asylum do that? When you had to go back into intensive treatment they mined all the gargoyles and there were a number of armed thugs. You just had to use grates and vents quite a bit.

the first game did that, they put explosives on gargoyles, had night vision, and the collar alarm shit

I don't remember it being quite to this level though. They did have the exploding Gargoyles but generally in rooms that had an alternative place to give you an overview of the situation and there weren't as many guards

It was also pretty late game there, feel like I'm just starting here

Its not that you suck. It was pointed out when the game first came out. There is something...off, with the A.I. attack patterns. In City and Asylum, notice how the enemies didn't randomly attack you while you were doing a counter attack to another enemy. In origins, almost everytime I press the counter attack button and Batman does his arm twisting takedown animation, the surrounding enemies go retarded and knock me out of the attack. That doesn't happen in City and Asylum.

the guards were more spread out in asylum because you had huge multi floor places like the library. you can also use exploding gargoyles to your advantage to divide and conquer

It's not harder. You just have less tools overall. Mostly the lack of "destroy weapon" in combat until you do Shiva's sidemission is a major issue.

In stealth the gun you get from Deathstroke that launches wires is OP and is the key to victory. It's like the shock gloves in combat

In terms of difficulty, I'd say it's the hardest with more of a focus on just throwing enemies at you

Exploding Gargyles was done like once in the entire game.

Never happened for me :^)

I never had trouble with the predator sections, but my approach to those tends to be more about mowing everyone down with smoke bombs explosive gel than sitting around on gargoyles.

Also you later get even more OP in the combat sections than in City, not just because of the shock gloves but the 2x special combo.

It's batman year one, of course it's harder.

At least they've somehow done the boss battles better than Rocksteady

Seems it's not just me then, ta anons

I'll try using that grappling gun a bit more in stealth I guess, haven't been using it too much thus far, not really a fan of it honestly

The combat is tweaked to be a bit harder I think. Enemies don't wait as long between attacks. Don't use the shock gloves, they're basically cheating.

The predator rooms are good though.

Asylum is the best
Then Knight
Then City

Origins is basically City but not as good

So are the games worth picking up on a sale?
Combat looks really great but I heard that it's just "press x to do awesome", any input on that?

Everyone wishes it was press x to do awesome.

It's a lot more rhythmic and people will just mash and say it's broken.

The combat is easy to learn, but mildy challenging to master.

You point the analogy stick in the direction of an enemy and press Square/X to hit them. Triangle/Y when they start to attack to block it. Basically those get you a combo then you can do special movies.

It's fun, honestly it's one of my favourite combat systems despite its simplicity, figures Cred Forums would begin to shit on it though

The games are really good, if you're unsure just try Asylum and if it's not for you don't bother. I think both Asylum and City have demos up honestly

Can't speak for Origins, but the other three are worth buying for $60 apiece. Anything less than that is a no-brainer

Jej