This game is not so bad honestly. Why does everyone hate on it? Its got some pretty fun levels and the bosses are cool

This game is not so bad honestly. Why does everyone hate on it? Its got some pretty fun levels and the bosses are cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

jp.ign.com/dark-souls-3/7702/interview/dark-souls-3dlc12
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I loved it but what is the point of positive opinions on Cred Forums
Shitting on it is way more fun
Somehow I enjoy a game more if I tell people on Cred Forums to not play it.

too easy and not enough variety

I like it.
I prefer Dark Souls 1.

I don't hate on it, but I can understand why people would dislike the unoriginality of the game and resort to hate.

It's good, but it's not as good as DaS1, and even if it were Cred Forums would still shit on it because it's a recently made popular game.

because 2 was shit so people had high hopes, then it ended up being even worse

But its not worse than 2. Are you retarded?

It's pretty good, but Bloodborne and DaS1 are better. 3 also plays it very very safe compared to 2, which was a bit disappointing. Also it has the least interconnected world, and instead has more interconnected levels.

I like it, but it could have been better.

>Bloodborne is better

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

It took four games and a spin-off, but they finally managed to get lobbied co-op to work.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 are better, yes. Hopefully they port it eventually so you can try it out. I know I'd love it at 60fps.

Best boss design in the series

It's pretty meh.

Hopefully the DLC spruces it up. I just want better build variety and more unique weapons with interesting move sets.

I love how this pasta grows

but it is, are you?

Everyone hates it is a bit too much. It just seems that way because of the constant threads from dark souls 2 fanboys, who are just obnoxious cunts that can't accept their game is shit and that no one cares about it

I like it, but of course, liking things is haram on Cred Forums

>Brown and grey
Nigga, this game is 50 shades of grey.
The only non-grey areas are the High Wall and the Undead Settlement, which both turn grey at the end.

But it isnt you stupid fuck.

I agree with all of this but the last point.

DLC very well could save it. DLC managed to redeem DaS2 for the most part.

The DLC is confirmed to be half the size of AoTA, with 1 area and 2 bosses.

>>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
Yeah, why do keep making the game more casual?
>>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
Yeah, why do they keep making the game more hard?

Theres going to be 2 dlc expansions

It's kind of boring, but maybe that's mostly because I had been playing so many Souls games close together. I still think 2 is better, which always gets hate, but I don't really care.

BB > DeS > 1 > 2 > 3

Are you naturally this stupid or did you have to work at it

Yes, and that's the problem. COMBINED they are "approximately" the size of AoTA, which was released half a decade ago at $15, while the two new DLCs are $30, $25 with season pass.

I hate it because the pvp sucks. It's just not fun at all

Source? Coulda sworn we've seen three bosses.

welp

To this day I still do not understand why people love DaS2's DLC. There is nothing special about it

No good waifus, either.

DaS3 to me is the best bamco souls game.
DaS1 falls fucking apart and is half dogshit and half just shit from demon's.
DaS2 is a fucking travesty

DaS3 is the only one with good design and good execution.
Which means it is the only bamco souls that can compete with BB and DeS.
It is not better than BB but it is good.

I feel so good seeing plebs shit on it because it highlights how much better I am than Cred Forums.

I was kinda worried when Cred Forumsirgins started to like it because that is usually a surefire way to see a game is absolute dogshit

le hipster post

God if I am a hipster to Cred Forums playing the role as normies then sign me the fuck up

I will get a gf and a functioning brain and good taste and everything that does not stand for Cred Forums.

pvp doesnt matter and neither do you

Dark Souls 1 is an action RPG.
Dark Souls 2 is an action RPG.
Dark Souls 3 is an action game.

There's absolutely nothing in the way of variety in playstyles, no variety in PvE builds, most bosses are big guys in armor, and there's only one way to fight bosses: memorize all their moves and roll through everything.

Shields are worthless, no more tanking and then poking. Poise is literally disabled, no more attacking through enemy attacks. Heavy armor doesn't reduce the amount of damage you take at all so no more tanking damage. Magic sort of sucks ass against most things now. There's no more freedom in how you make your path through the game.

I've played through Dark Souls 13 times and it felt like a different experience each time due to the variety in playstyles and the freedom you get in choosing where to go.
I've played through Dark Souls 2 5 times, and while I think it was inferior to the first game, it still had a good variety in playstyles and character builds.
Even fucking Bloodborne got 4 playthroughs out of me and that game is incredibly limited in playstyles compared to DaS.
I've played through Dark Souls 3 twice and I already feel like I've seen literally everything the game has to offer.

jp.ign.com/dark-souls-3/7702/interview/dark-souls-3dlc12

>Interviewer: How many DLCs do you plan for Dark Souls 3? Compared to Artorias of the Abyss, how much volume does it have?

>Miyazaki: there will be 2 DLCs. This one, and another in early 2017. If you combine both DLC1 and DLC2, the size would be approximately Artorias of the Abyss, or alternatively similar size to a DLC of a SOULS series.

polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>We witnessed one boss fight during our hands-on time with Ashes of Ariandel, and according to Miyazaki, that’s one half of the total new bosses in the DLC.

"It’s kind of a spoiler, but there will be two boss battles in the DLC," he told us. "Just like in the base game, there will be big changes during each boss battle. That’s being emphasized more."

You'll get none of those things and will remain alone with your opinions.

to be fair that DLC also came with some major improvements to the base game, like making melee weapons not completely unusable dogshit like they were on launch.
I still get nightmares about the days when Mace was literally the only good weapon for the first 10 hours of the game.

>If you combine both DLC1 and DLC2, the size would be approximately Artorias of the Abyss

Miyazaki apparently doesn't give a fuck. He's moved onto AC.

>comparing DkS3 to Bloodborne
Why do you stupid niggers keep doing this?

It's not bad.
The problem is, it's not as good as any title before it.
And another problem, while it isn't bad, it isn't good either. They made a wide array of poor choices for the 3rd game in the Dark Souls series and a wide array of poor choices for the 7th King's Field game.
>The biggest draw is actually the lore shit which is a really small margin of players, most don't care, they just see "dude, remember this thing from Dark Souls 1?"
>0 good PvP areas
>Most linear souls
>Some of the easiest bosses in the series
>Worst PvP thus far
>No utter bullshit segments to balance out the good segments, everything that wasn't good/alright was mediocre and forgettable
>Armor is just barely above being considered cosmetic, the changes to your stats besides carry weight aren't as extreme as it claims
>It took MONTHS for people to find out Poise just lets you finish your Hyper frames
>It's still useless because the only weapon in the game with not negligible Poise damage is Gundyr's Halberd, so you only need like 10 Poise to have Hyper Armor with your big weapons
>Scythes totally fucked
The list goes on. And on. And then we get to the DS2 comparisons.

>not DeS

Oh no? I will be alone? That is horrible.

How can my opinions possibly be right if everyone else on fucking Cred Forums thinks I am wrong.

See I was worried with das2. I was on the side agreeing with everyone on Cred Forums about das2. It was shit

But then BB came and Cred Forums said it was shit. And DaS3 came and Cred Forums said it was shit. And I realized you were only accidentally right about DaS2. You just hate what is new and I could feel good again about hating DaS2.

You guys have zero taste and can't post anything right.

I stopped brushing your stupidity up to just being underage and I realize most people here don't grow up. Your taste never matured.

Which I guess comes naturally with this hobby. You don't need to be perpetually a teenager in your head to like videogames but obviously videogames appeal especially to you guys.

This.
>DkS1 was shit copy paste Demon Souls
>DkS2 worst game in the series
>newest game is objectively the best
Literally and figuratively kill yourself you failed abortion.

Yes, why compare the games that are similar to the previous Souls games but focused much more on fast paced action and the dumbing down of RPG mechanics?

What the hell. Has Miyazaki lost his mind?

Why the fuck would the president of a game company say that his latest game's DLC has LESS CONTENT than his first ever DLC?

tl;dr

No BB is objectively the best.
DaS3 is the best Bamco souls.
You can't even read user. You are just proving my point.

It's not an exclusive, therefore it threatens fanboys if it's as good as their precious exclusive, thus they have to bring it down.

>Why does everyone hate on it?

it's just the DaS2 fans hating it because 3 is superior in every fashion

Just give me some other random side mission for Bloodborne, I'll take anything, just why can't it be Bloodborne that gets more DLC instead of this copy-paste?

Not him,
>Sarcasm
>Sarcasm
>DS2 was shit
>Bloodborne is good, Cred Forums doesn't know what they are talking about and hate everything new indiscriminately
>Cred Forums has no taste and you all need to kill yourselves
>You're all manchildren with no lives
>Another snub at Cred Forums being total shit and everyone (except for me, haha) is retarded

>You are just proving my point
How is that?
Did I somewhere rectify all of the horrible mistakes that DkS3 made in my post?
That's the only way to prove your stupid nitwit fucking post. God forbid people enjoy something that you don't.
Fucking children, no one would call DkS1 shit.

Because you firthy gajrins wirrr buyr it anywayr!
Hohohaha

Why are you people so mad over a videogame?

Jesus fucking Christ

Go outside

Cos sony didn't pay for more dlc

That's not the point. Compare them to Dark Souls 1 and 2. Bloodborne wasn't supposed to be like the DkS series so comparing them is fucking retarded.

>going outside
>where hornets and spiders and bears and diseases are
no

I didn't call das1 shit? And yes people did after DeS.

You can't even read user.
Its good that you keep trying but you are literally retarded.

Go back to your plebbit hugbox

But Dark Souls 3 was clearly attempting to be more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls.

And if Bloodborne was not supposed to be like the DkS series why the fuck does it have the same leveling system, same general control scheme, same overall design philosophy, hell even the same fucking sound effect when you kill an enemy?

>>Another snub at Cred Forums being total shit and everyone (except for me, haha) is retarded
Everyone HERE.
In the normal world I am just the most average person. Its just here that I am a genius compared to guys like you.

>t's just the DaS2 fans
If you honestly think people hating on any of them haven't played 1, 2, BB, and 3 then you're a fucking fool.

I still can't unsee that fucking thumbs up.

Its the fucking aborted child of BB and DaS with almost none of the good and almost all of the bad from each game.

And your reading comprehension is astonishing.
The topic was exclusively "Cred Forums is shit and everyone [here] is retarded."

>I didn't call das1 shit
>DkS1 was shit copy paste Demon Souls
Your words.
Put a bullet through your skull.
Because it was made by the same people, shitforbrains. If they wanted another fucking dark souls game this one would be 4 and that one would have been 3.

>Your words.
And where did I say that.
I mean I have gone back to my post and it reads.
>"DaS1 falls fucking apart and is half dogshit and half just shit from demon's."
Now if you think that that means the gesamtkunstwerk of DaS1 isn't a good game then I can't help you.

Its not like I can cure being dropped as a child.

I am just helping with your translation. You have to be clear with Cred Forums if you sum up shit. People here are retarded. As you yourself probably know all too well.

There is a cure.
Killing yourself.
Your dogshit opinions are poisoning the atmosphere.

>If they wanted another fucking dark souls game this one would be 4 and that one would have been 3.
God you have no idea how copyright works and how game development works.

That is a cute insult.

I like that I make retards like you try so hard. Why would an insult like that even hurt me in any way coming from someone with taste like yours.

Right, right.
And New Vegas is nothing like Fallout 3. Definitely not a sequel since it's the same fucking shit because Obsidian made it, not Bethesda.
Definitely not the same thing, though.
Glad you're as much of a retard as the rest of this thread.

Actually, I've been looking into this and a good chunk of the Cred Forums users who peruse this place are either retarded, trolling, or don't give enough of a fuck to think about anything, they just trigger react.

That said, there are still an acceptable amount of people who aren't and contribute to actual discussion. Problem is, they're all spread out across a variety of topics, so you can't surround yourself by rational people here unless it's a hyper-niche thread, such as (insert mostly unknown Indie game here) and got lucky with the timing to nab people or the Myst series.
Even then, numbers are rarely good enough to carry a thread to bump limit and it dies sub-100 or around 300. (Cause most of the good people are off actually playing games.)

It's A teams greatest work.

You honestly think Sony could've called the game dark souls 3 and make it exclusively for sony console and then publish the game like they did?

It's Dark Souls without any variety in playstyle only they sped up the gameplay.

It's hot garbage. It's a fun action game but a shit RPG, I'll take Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls anyday.

It's good. People here prefer 1 because it was more of an experimental thing. Remember, no other soulslike has a world map like DaS1.

I like both 1 & 3, 2 is average.
Maybe I am inclined more towards 3 because it is way more polished compared to 1.

>try so hard
>telling someone to kill themselves takes effort
First day on Cred Forums? Literal fucking child if you honestly have no idea what's happening here.

Sure thing. Bethesda had no problem calling their game Fallout fucking 3 even though Black Isle had nothing to do with it.

So it is just in this case the soul fanbase that is absolutely retarded?

You might have a point. I only feel like an actual genius in souls threads with people posting webms in place of arguments and copypastas in place of points.
Maybe Cred Forums isn't as stupid as I was saying. Just soulsfags.

10 years this year actually.
But I can see you desperately trying to hurt my feelings and you clearly have no idea what you are doing.
Discussion with you feels like armwrestling with a little girl.
Its cute that you keep trying.

It's like the 5th souls like game. It's times to stop.

Shit Souls 3
Memehackazaki

It's an oddity really, but there are a ton of retarded Soulsborne fans and I suspect some of them are only retarded when it comes to Souls, for some reason and mostly normal about other games.
Doesn't help that BB is right at the heart of the console war, which is a whole 'nother mess of retardation.
That said, I am still conducting ongoing "research" about it. Live well, user, this next week is going to drown me in good Vidya and I will be rendered incapable of posting on Cred Forums except maybe Webms of the games I'm playing.

DSIII can be divided into two portions, the PvP and PvE halves. The PvE has never been better, but the PvP is shit. Most of Cred Forums plays Dark Souls more for the PvP content then the PvE, so they consider it to be the worst in the franchise.

>this next week is going to drown me in good Vidya
Oh fuck you too? I have the same problem. The release shedule in this year is especially fucked. I feel like I had nothing major to play for a while and now suddenly everything jumps on me.

>10 years this year actually.
>keeping track of how long you've been posting here
Jesus Christ.
It's cute that you keep responding even though you're a self-proclaimed "Cred Forums veteran".
Literally having shit for brains.
This isn't and never was a discussion, end your fucking life.
Waiting for your reply since your buttplug ego won't allow you to NOT respond.

Precisely what I'm saying. For whatever reason, everything is converging at once and I've seen people say similar earlier in the year for different fan groups and such.
Specifically Haydee, Pit People, and Wuppo for me and the wait is slowly tearing me apart.
Also, you forgot a , after fuck and made it look like an insult. :^)

>10 years posting here
Definition of failure.
Honestly surprised you haven't overdosed.

This is representing PvP, right? Cause if so, It's wrong on 2.

>2
>not powerstanced katanas

You think you can control me and tell me to not respond and I won't?
That is the most boring reverse psychology I have ever seen.

You have no power over me.

But hey I can play that game too. I bet your ego won't let you NOT respond.
You made up that rule. So you would obviously prove that you have major ego issues if you reply to this post.
>Also, you forgot a , after fuck and made it look like an insult. :^)
I am just going to pretend that was intentional since I am very rude in this thread overall.
Overdosed on what? Your stupidity? Don't blame Cred Forums for not leaving your house, not working out and not having any friends or a girlfriend. Cred Forums has never stopped me doing anything.

>You think you can control me and tell me to not respond and I won't?
>That is the most boring reverse psychology I have ever seen.
>You have no power over me.
>But hey I can play that game too. I bet your ego won't let you NOT respond.
>You made up that rule. So you would obviously prove that you have major ego issues if you reply to this post.
You're obviously putting a lot more effort into this than I am.
Glad to see that you responded as I said you would regardless.
I say again, kill yourself.
Your opinion is shit and objectively wrong.

>Don't blame Cred Forums for not leaving your house, not working out and not having any friends or a girlfriend. Cred Forums has never stopped me doing anything
You're sitting here responding to a fucking troll and giving advice to others on how to invest time wisely?
Ironing.

>You're obviously putting a lot more effort into this than I am.
There is no effort on my part.
I can write with ten fingers and I have the healthy number of chromosomes so filling out a captcha is no problem for me.

This shit is no effort.

This is leisure time for me to relax.
Its funny that you are so far from a normal functioning human being you think we don't relax at all. We just have to spend every single second working on something and that is why you can't achieve anything.

There aren't many instances like this in the world: anyone who thinks Dark Souls 2 is anything but the worst in the series is actually objectively wrong and/or has a genuine mental impairment.

I think its better than 1 and 2 and its on equal terms with BB.

People blew it out proportion because people didn't like the linearity of it even though it's still a great game. People are nostalgiafagging hard for Dark Souls 1 and its unbalanced level design and slower "methodical" combat even though the gameplay in DaS3 is objectively better.

>Its funny that you are so far from a normal functioning human being you think we don't relax at all. We just have to spend every single second working on something and that is why you can't achieve anything.
Making a lot of implications there aren't you?

>This shit is no effort.
Responding at all is too much effort.

It was heavily implied.
You think being good looking and having a healthy social life means you can't spend any time on Cred Forums wrecking intellectual lightweights.
That at least implies you think this place is holding you back.

But it feels good. If I insult someone and they come back with boring cookie cutter insults it feels like a small victory.

Sure there is always the risk that someone not retarded replies like that
user.

But overall, especially in Souls threads, it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

>wrecking intellectual lightweights
Nice. An actual sociopath.
>That at least implies you think this place is holding you back.
Implying an implication, wow.
I would be surprised if I hadn't already seen this a million times on here. Go ahead and make some more blind assumptions, this is gold.
Speculate about my living situation, career, marital status, and whether or not my virginity is intact.

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this weakling No, I'm a Conqueror.

>Speculate about my living situation, career, marital status, and whether or not my virginity is intact.
Well do you or do you think you can't have those if you shitpost on Cred Forums.

Also do Sociopaths care what other people think of them? I always thought they don't and that is why I can't be one.

>it feels like a small victory
This ultimately indicates failure on your part. Party A types a fucking wall and Party B types one line of retort with an obligatory "kill yourself" response, to which you eagerly respond.
Yeah, nah, don't believe you've been coming here for 10 years.

This fucking copypasta is going to ruin Nioh for Cred Forums.
Its the "ask humantale" for Cred Forums.

So you admittedly care what anonymous posters on Cred Forums think about you?
That might be worse than being a sociopath.

best bosses in the series
really great level design too

overall, I'd say
DaS > BB > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Ah, armchair psychology! The last resort when your shotgun blast of random insults has no effect.

Honestly if you are not a teenager the argument "I care less therefore I win" is just stupid.
Not caring is the enemy user. Its what leads you to depression and being a fat neckbeard.

Easily one of the best games that have came out this year.

>inb4 the Nioh shill arrives.

>Not caring is the enemy
Yeah, no it isn't. If you want to actually shitfling on Cred Forums the first thing you need to do is learn not to give a fuck. You literally can't lose.
>"I care less therefore I win" is just stupid
Actually this is just a true statement. Maybe if you were debating someone face to face this might apply; this is not the case here.

DS1 = Good world design, good level design
DS2 = Bad world design, bad level design
DS3 = Bad world design, good level design

The game is legitimately boring and it has nothing to do with people "burning out" on Souls games. The game just fucking sucks at staying interesting.

Build variety is basically not even a thing, since any gimmick you can think up is outclassed by some retard swinging a straight sword in PvP AND even PvE.

PvP is boring, invading is dead due to infinite 3 and 4v1s. Dueling is beyond fucking boring and you'll be falling asleep by the time you reach the end of your first fight.

The DLC is just a prettier version of Dark Souls 2's snow area, with whatever gimmicks they threw in there. I swear, this is gonna be the first DLC for these games that ends up being garbage. It doesn't look impressive, there's nothing new and there's no real hook other than more bait with the shitty vague lore.

And let's say they add in some new fun weapons, then guess what? Too fucking bad, because as soon as you meet another player you'll see that swinging a straight sword is still better than your new shiny and fun DLC weapon so there's no fucking point in even trying anything anymore in this shit game.

To be fair, Nioh is fun as fuck, unlike Dark Souls 3. I can't blame the shitposter for falling in love with such a fun game that just straight up shits all over DaS3.

>You literally can't lose.
But you also can't win.
If you don't care you are just pure a apathy homunculus.

That is pretty much the core of depression and having no motivation.

If losing isn't a risk how do you get better? If you don't care at all about anything posted here why do you post anything at all? Why did you reply to me if you actually don't give a fuck.
>Maybe if you were debating someone face to face this might apply
That is also a bad idea. If you spent too much time separating online and normal human interaction you are just going to become a sperg. I mean the socially awkward internet nerd is not a stereotype without a basis.
If you think your online interactions don't matter and you can just ignore rules that apply to normal debating then you lack a fundamental understanding how our brain works and how we teach ourselves patterns of behavior.

Miles better than Dark Souls 2 and about equal with Dark Souls 1. The only legitimate gripe I have is that the game shits the bed with regards to PVP (which isn't exactly a new thing in the Souls Series), but generally speaking its level design is on par with Dark Souls 1, and even supersedes it at some points.

My main issue with it is that it *constantly* brings up shit from Dark Souls 1 and 2. It's a subjective gripe, but it really put me out of the experience when I was getting hit over the head with blatantly obvious "references" every five minutes.

That said, I think people are always going to think their first Souls game is the best one. The experience never reaches the same highs and lows it does after your first (blind) run.

I liked it too

1>3>

>Everyone hates it

Ok, that's the first time I hear this.

Could you elaborate on that?

>>hexes gone and dark magic is shit

>implying this is a bad thing

Best PvE in the dark souls series.

But worst PvP.

Then I guess the e-sports fags hate it? I wouldn't know because I don't relate with those.

>because I have the right to compare 2 games of the same genre made by the same company

>because the one that came out a year before the other has better mechanics that could have been used for the one that came out in 2016

how can you seriously be THIS retarded

The biggest problem is how they backloaded the good weapons

People on Cred Forums sure love to point out how bad they are, can't even dodge fucking spells.

How about you play your queer games with sparkly spells somewhere else and don't ask for souls to have your shit in it?

>ask humantale
whats that?

because Cred Forums is a bunch of contrarian hipster fucks that can't enjoy anything if it gets even a bit popular

>My main issue with it is that it *constantly* brings up shit from Dark Souls 1 and 2
I think it's fine, DaS3 was meant to be a direct sequel to the original DaS, even so, Miyazaki said that the coming DLCs will be a bit more lore heavy

Where did the mage touch you? Did he break your guard because your a shield scrub?

lmao is this new copy pasta?

fucking kill yourself

I just thought it was a very safe and boring sequel. Maybe I was spoiled by Bloodborne, but DS3 was unremarkable imo.

Seek help.

no build variety, shitty weapon balance, linear as fuck, and no poise made enemies very nonthreatening.

pontiff, nameless king, soul of cinder, and gundyr were GOAT bosses though

never played BB but I can bet the lack of poise was balanced by the lack of shields and regain.

>I still get nightmares about the days when Mace was literally the only good weapon for the first 10 hours of the game.

I have no idea, but I suspect that this is a big part of why I enjoyed the game so much. I just happened to decide to go with the mace as my main weapon, and I also tried to avoid grinding and over-leveling myself.

>and no poise made enemies very nonthreatening.
But enemies had poise?
Did we play different games?

yeah bloodborne spoiled me too. They didnt take any risks with this one. I dont mind more souls but its getting stale now. Nioh felt fresh to me at least

It's multiplayer is atrocious, it shits all over build variety, and it's Miyazaki's masturbatory "HEY GUYS REMEMBER HOW GREAT SOULS 1 WUZ???" tribute, offering little in the way of new ideas and just relying on nostalgia. Plus dual wielding is trash. Got bored of it a shitton quicker than any other Souls game, sad to say.

>shortest game in the series
tell that to the hundreds of hours ive sunk into it
>bonfires out the ass
not nearly as many as DaS2 had, there were lots of shortcuts going to the same bonfinre
>filled to the brim with shitty references
you mean references to the last two games that it is literally a direct sequel to? ho would have thought
>rehashed areas
anor londo is the only one I recall, and it was just 2 or 3 rooms
>rehashed NPCs
i agree with that, wasn't even sure what the implications were there
>shit AI
it's the same as every other Souls game, if not better
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
I've seen plenty of variety in pvp, especially after the dork sword got nerfed
>shittiest dragon form
its the same as the other games but with a sick dragon stand
>refined/hollow completely dominates
my dex build is doing fine with sharp

>t. guy who played DS for 12 hours, 5 years after release

Nobody is interested in your opinion ye candy-ass

No. Certain enemies have poise with no indication why. Let's go by example:

>Lothric Knights have no poise, but Silver and Black Knights do
>Giant Lycanthropes have no poise, but rag-wearing gravewardens do
>Pontiff Knights have no poise, but Cathedral Knights do
>Fire Witch has no poise, but some random skeletons do

No doubt whatever hack did the enemy game design copy pasted DS1 stats for certain enemies and forgot to alter it

You're another shiteating faggot who happily gobbles up whatever shit is handed to him and then justifies it.

sorry you can't enjoy things because they're popular user

>Lothric Knights have no poise, but Silver and Black Knights do
Its literally explained in black knight items that they fought enemies bigger than them and they developped poise for that. Some weapon arts even give poise. Silver knights might have the same origin as black knights but were not scorched by the first flame. Lothric knights are just some pussies who tamed dragons by using lightning stuff.
>Giant Lycanthropes have no poise, but rag-wearing gravewardens do
Unarmored halfmen have no poise? Surprise surprise. And since when do grave wardens have poise?
>Pontiff Knights have no poise, but Cathedral Knights do
Again, read some item descriptions. Pontiff armor is brittle like frost and eaten away by insects.
>Fire Witch has no poise, but some random skeletons do
A mage has no poise, but the fierce warriors of Wolnir the conqueror of Carthus, the crusher of crowns and purgers of giant sandworms (may their passing cleanse the world) do? Again, surprise.

Anor Londo
Irithyl Dungeon
GENERIC SWAMP AREA #?
Castle wall area
Catacomb area
Forest area

And more importantly, the rehash in the game itself.
Demon ruins = catacombs reskin
Untended graves = firelink shrine = fireless shrine
Farron swamp 2 = farron swamp 1 with poison

>Anor Londo
it was basically just there to be a boss fight arena
>Irithyl Dungeon
only two floors and then it goes into a much more expansive area, tower of latria was much more vertical
>GENERIC SWAMP AREA #?
felt more like a foresty marshlands than any of the other ones
>Castle wall area
what series do you think you're playing
>Catacomb area
das1 catacombs was a bunch of narrow pathways for the most part
>Forest area
and it still feels completely different from the other one, simply saying "forest" is an incredibly broad category

>Demon ruins = catacombs reskin
that's because it is literally right below the catacombs, they're basically the same place
>Untended graves = firelink shrine = fireless shrine
undtended graves was cool as fuck, and completely optional
>Farron swamp 2 = farron swamp 1 with poison
there is a huge difference between the two, swamp 2 slows you down much more and has a much darker atmosphere, plus completely different enemies. but they're basically the same area, even has pathways linking the two

Wow...I tried to be optimistic but...wow. Souls is actually dead.

Fucking apologist retard. Don't even know about the game you defend to death. Grave Wardens do have poise imbecile.

>muh lore

Then why does Havel Armor stagger bitch?

because I ordered pizza
not waffles

DeS is also good, but the best is bloodborne

>DS3baby's mental gymnastics at work