Fallout 4 Analsis:
youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0
youtube.com/watch?v=SHYmFJv_obY
youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78
youtube.com/watch?v=EBAHzsqBmCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

in my experience asking your sister for anal doesn't work well.

Oooooohhh

cheeky

In mine it does.

Nice

>Not raising your imouto to be a slave to your cock.

Its shit,

there I just saved you 1 hour 23 minutes 40 seconds of your free time

It's funny she'd specify "husky voiced" as the character you might not want to play when Fallout 4 limits you to one of two voices instead of letting it be up to your imagination.

Now, I don't expect the voice talent to actually know anything about the game's design, because I know they're not privy to that. But it's still funny.

I totally blame the writer of that article for saying that you couldn't play a woman in previous Fallouts, though. Why would you even make a statement like that without researching it first?

Imoutos are for protecting.

>Video
>83:40
Nooop.
>image
Typical gaming journalism, but why include all the text? Am I supposed to cringe at the quote too?

Shit thread is shit.

Help I really don't get it

Are you black?

tfw my mobile couldnt handle how big my vault got and it constantly crashed

THIS IS FUN NOW ON PC

WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS

>"i have not played fallout 1 or 2 and likely never will"

Every fucking time.

1 Hour, 23 Minutes, 40 Seconds. Are you out of your fucking mind?

bro you havent seen shit, I can tell you don't watch matthewmatosis

>implying your free time is valuable

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not him, but it's a good way to start a dead thread.

>Institute's big problem is that their not-human meat robots spontaneously develop free will because of their organic brain and try to escape, and the Institute can't do anything to prevent this
>Institute's solution is to make more not-human meat robots made for combat that hunt down the other not-human meat robots except these combat ones don't ever develop free will and rebel because reasons

What the FUCK are you doing Emil

Let me save you the trouble.

Fallout 4 is, of course, a horrible game. It's a bad piece of media in general. Almost everything about it reeks of laziness or straight up theft from previous products.

>1 hour

Social justice game journalism m8. I'm not even a redpill neckbeard and I can see the cesspool that is gaming media

and yet
it's a better game than fallout 3; which on top of it's immediately apparent laziness has awful gameplay mechanics and far less content

DUDE

FAMILY IS IMPORTANT AND SHIT LMAO

>one and a half hour

Is this MrBTongue or Mathewmathosis tier or am it's just a bunch of shallow shit I already know?

>Is this MrBTongue or Mathewmathosis tier or am it's just a bunch of shallow shit I already know?
It's definitely not that high quality, it's really mostly just picking apart every single thing wrong with the story.
I watched it because I haven't played FO4 (and don't plan to) and just wanted to know what the deal is, if you already played it then you probably shouldn't watch it.

>ONE HOUR LONG review of a game

LEL
E
L

I seriously love long ass videos about video games like Super bunnyhops and Mathewmathosis Metal Gear videos, anyone got more recommendations for such videos? I already know about MrBTongue.

>One hour and 23 minutes of some autist explaining to normies why F4 is balls

what's the point? If you don't know it's bad by now you have shit taste and will never be swayed by logic anyway.

I'm not watching that. Fallout 4 is a bad rpg, the story is also bad, the graphics are bad for today's standards, the shooting is okay, the exploration is fun, the enemy variety is good, the weapon variety is bad, the settlement system is poorly implemented, the crafting is good, the writing is bad, the quests are mostly radiant and bad, the map is overall good, the locations are boring shooting galleries so they're bad. I rate it a 5/10. That's my review.

>fallout 4 is a decent game with a bad story
>i'm justified in saying this because i've played a lot of fallout 3, an awful game with an equally awful story, and a lot of skyrim, a game that is literal garbage

There's nothing to look at in western games.

Whenever I think it would be hot to fuck my sister I think about what if my brother was a woman.
Instant boner downer.

opinions.

It was easy to see that FO4 would be complete shit considering the fact that protag and family stare at a full fucking nuclear blast in the shitty introduction sequence and don't get blinded, irradiated, or instantly fucking die.

Nukes are the punchline to Bethesda. A big haha wacky joke.

Empty, hollow opinions with no weight because it's clear that he's content with eating shit.

So is Obsidian working on another Fallout game or did Bethesda really get that buttblasted that New Vegas only got a 84 on Metacritic instead of an 85 and doesn't want to fund it?

Why does Shaun have such an irrational hatred of cybernetic implants when he is perfectly fine with "robots" that are supposedly completely indistinguishable from a normal human and is perfectly fine with killing actual humans and replacing them with non-human robots.

Metal bits on a human is going too far and diminishes muh humanity, but making a robot that is 99.9% human with a single metal bit in their brain doesn't diminish humanity at all, despite Synths being superior to humans in every way.

Seems like Shaun is a bit of a fucking hypocrite with his "muh humanity redefined" shit and you can't ever tell him he is a dumbfuck.

It's up.
And It's a game I never heard of and don't care to find out.
tfw you have to wait another year for a vid

That image is terrible and is almost entirely wrong.

It's not the character being stupid. You could assume that were the case if EVERY character wasn't a hypocritical clusterfuck of mixed points. It's the fucking writer that's stupid.

It amazes me that Bethesda is such a large studio despite seemingly being staffed entirely by apes.

kek what a waste of time.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim are great though. I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy things.

>Why would you even make a statement like that without researching it first?

Wait, you think these retards actually play video games?

>pre-war Mr. Handy robots developed specifically for household tasks do so obediently, reliably, and effectively
>pre-war combat robots developed specifically for combat do so obediently, reliably, and effectively
>Institute spends decades making human-like robots that are too stupid to do anything but fight and suck at it
>Institute later perfects these robots so that they are smart enough to perform manual labour (and rebel with enough regularity that a quarter of their staff are devoted to tracking down escapees)
>head director insists time and time again that these human-like robots are not and will never be equivalent to humanity, even as he endeavors to make them even more humanlike

The random encounter with Art and Synth-Art completely fucking dismantles any narrative regarding the Institute and Synths.

It completely fucking invalidates the entire goddamn story and Beth probably didn't even realize it, just considering it some wacky random encounter.

How so

>this person's argument is that this game does not meet the standards met by the previous games
>their argument would be more trustworthy if they had no knowledge of the previous games

20 minutes in and I'm done. It just a guy listing his opinions as facts.
>I dont like thing
>Therefore its bad
Ok.

To be fair, Shaun doesn't think synths are human at all (despite his current project being a synth version of him as a child, complete with as close an approximation to his own mind as possible).

It would be so easy just to look it up.

It's not like that sentence was already there when they opened MS Word. They wrote it themselves. They wrote it themselves for no other reason than, I assume, because the crowd cheered when Todd said you could play a woman at the E3 demo.

He said that we can expect a new video every 1-2 weeks for a while, although I'd take that with a bathtub of salt.

different user, but I literally ran into it twice within an hour. Here was the first time

And here was the second. Both times, synth Art was strolling around the corpse telling me to fuck off

It's a fair criticism but bugs shouldnt be considered 'lore breaking', just a sign of poor game design.

First of all, how did Art escape from the Institute?

From what we know the Institute kidnaps people on the surface, tortures and rapes information out of them, and uses this information plus the body/DNA of the person they kidnap to make a synth double using information from the real person to help program the synth and help them blend in.

In Art's case, he is just hanging around on the surface when a Synth copy of him attacks him.

Did the Institute kidnap Art, make a synth of him, and Art eventually escapes the Institute only to encounter his Synth double later? How in the name of fuck did he escape?

Or did the Institute create a perfect copy of Art without ever kidnapping him and extracting any information from him? How in the name of fuck did the Institute make a perfect copy of someone they never obtained a DNA sample of and have zero information from to allow the synth copy to blend in?

Not to mention the synth copy readily admitting he is a fake when given a brief inquiry and even tries to recruit you in killing the real Art.

HA

I wish I had a sister now

>First of all, how did Art escape from the Institute?
He didn't. Strawman already lol.

>From what we know
It's clear you dont know actually Some of the synth replacements are done that way others are more basic. Depends on the needs of the Institute.

Tbh they wouldn't even need someones DNA to make them look similar as that wouldn't make them have scars/injuries so its obvious that they can craft the synths to look however they want already.

>ot to mention the synth copy readily admitting he is a fake when given a brief inquiry and even tries to recruit you in killing the real Art.
The synth is already fucked. He was at gunpoint and desperate.

not that guy

the "you can't enjoy things" argument is bunk. i enjoy lots of things. i could name you plenty of games that i've sunk hundreds of hours in and for which, if there was a direct sequel by competent devs announced, i would go fucking NUTS for. and in fact, at least one fallout game is actually on that list.

what i can't do is simply ignore glaring faults in a game. it's not like i go into a game hoping to dislike it; i like enjoying things and when i play something, i hope that it'll be great. but some games just... aren't. i can usually overlook a few modest faults, but when they're really significant or start to pile up, it takes me out of the experience and stops me from enjoying it.

i was super hype about fallout 4. honestly, even if it was only on the same level as fallout 3, i would have at least enjoyed it. i was looking forward to it right up until i began playing it and it was just a series of flaws that prevented me from enjoying it. it's not that i wanted to dislike it, it's just that it wasn't a good game.

this random youtube guy someone linked me a few weeks ago touched on a very similar idea here and i think he nails it perfectly: youtube.com/watch?v=SHYmFJv_obY

So a random Institute member can just whip up a perfect genetic copy of someone with a cursory glance of said person? Or even having never seen the subject they are copying?

This would be acceptable if there were two types of Gen 3 synths established in the setting; ones that are perfect matches because the Institute actually kidnapped the person, and synths that are rough approximations of real people but have some noticeable differences if you are looking close enough because they didn't kidnap the actual subject and get a DNA sample. That would have been an interesting distinction if Beth had half-competent writers.

But they do not go into any great depth when describing Gen 3's and thus this explanation isn't sufficient. They simply magically created a perfect, indistinguishable copy without ever having any contact with the actual subject or kidnapping them to get a DNA sample or personal information to help blend in.

FUCKING PIPE PISTOLS

Why?

>no sister to molest
i know your feel

>So a random Institute member can just whip up a perfect genetic copy of someone with a cursory glance of said person?
Are you incapable of logical thought? Does your mind just jump from one absurdity to another? Or is this just how you argue? Creating false arguments to beat down.

>Or even having never seen the subject they are copying?
I mean really. That's what you took out of
>they can craft the synths to look however they want already.

>They simply magically created a perfect
No what they do is use one of their synths already in the Commonwealth to scout out promising individuals to replace for what ever designs the institute want.

Infact if your dead set on them having to be DNA matches, which they wouldnt have to be, then just get a hair from them.

They would have to be DNA matches or else they wouldn't look like the people they are trying to copy. Because it turns out there is a fuck ton of plasticity and variability in the human genome for some reason, not to mention that even perfect genetic copies won't necessarily look the same. We know this because identical twins don't always look the same in real life despite having identical genetics.

There is a vast difference between making something how you want it to look and making it an exact, indistinguishable match to the thing you are replacing. It is canon in the setting that Gen 3 Synths are 100% indistinguishable from the person they replace, so apparently the Institute also manages to correctly guess the blood type of the person they replace when they make a synth, even if they apparently never kidnapped anyone and just made a Synth based on a guess.

How about answering this question for me: does the Institute kidnap people then make a Synth of the person they kidnap, or do they just make a synth based on simple outward appearances then send it out to kill and replace the person they made a copy of with no information to allow it to blend in?

I can tear appart Bitcher 3 way more than this guy tears appart fallout 4

Why don't you then?

No experience in making/editing videos.

Well then I hope you'll forgive me if I don't believe your claim.

>not to mention that even perfect genetic copies won't necessarily look the same
>argueing my point for me
Thanks user. Facial reconstruction is canon in Fallout you can add and remove scars and make you character look however you want. This is what the railroad uses on synths already so we know it works. So why do they have to be genetically similar again?

>It is canon in the setting that Gen 3 Synths are 100% indistinguishable from the person they replace
Good point. Warwick farmstead however shows that people can notice the difference when someone is replaced.

Besides how often do you think people in the wasteland are being blood tested? So I dont believe that all replacement synths are exact replicas and if they wanted it to be they wouldnt have to abduct the person just acquire some of their dna beforehand.

Can you state some of your main complaints? I really liked the game but I am open for new input.

>one moveset for 120 hours
>useless loot
>reskinned montsters everywhere
>every quest boils down to follow red shit
>ending is rushed and non-sensical
>villain is laughable
>game dumbs down politics and conflicts from previous games
>tons of useless characters, plot threads that go nowhere

I can make it an hour.

I prefer this guys look at F4

Here take this, a much better video even though it's about Fo3, many of the complaints are valid for Fo4

youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

>MUH Mama Murphy
I wonder if this guy almost dropped the NV when he met the forecaster?

Otherwise he's just another hater.

Fallout 3 is a better game than Fallout 4 though.

Don't forget the bad balancing, and all over the place difficulty curve.

>we didn't learn from our mistakes
that just make it even worse.

>0:59
>Bethesda doesn't understand what fallout really is
Wew lad. Glad he opened with that so I could close tab straight away.

Because he would just be rehashing what everyone has been saying or because you don't agree?

wow way to prove him wrong for believing that.

Mama Murph

Is seriously a bad character.

The forecaster is more of an easter egg that most people probably missed anyway.

Now,now Fallout 4 isn't a master piece but its an upgrade over fallout 3

Because hearing another person ranting about a game they dont like is boring. Especially when all it comes down to is they are fanbois for a game that came out 20 years ago.

>encounter piper trying to get into diamond city
>say nothing
>fire mininuke at piper
>she falls over
>gate opens without a word

wat

Pete pls go

Because facial reconstruction isn't something readily available to everyone. If a wastelander had a scar would it show up on their synth? What about scars or body marks that are under clothing/armor that the Institute may not readily notice without kidnapping someone directly? Harkness in Rivet City had the benefit of encountering a genius roboticist/electrician/plastic surgeon wunderkind that could magically solve all his Gen 3 Synth problems.

Warwick farmstead is a pretty tenuous case. Sure, they noticed their dad was a better man after getting replaced by a Synth, but for all we know he could have just lied and said he was a decent father during the interrogation process when they were making a synth of him. Not to mention that the Institute plans to kill the whole family when the crop experiment is complete anyway so they absolutely don't give a fuck about humans in the first place.

Its not the fact that blood tests wouldn't be regular, its the fact that the one Institute person says that no known tests exist that can distinguish between a synth and a real person. So based on what they said, that means that even if everyone in the wasteland magically had a blood test on the regular they still wouldn't be able to determine if they were a synth or not. And in order for this to be indistinguishable they would have to match the blood types of people they make synths out of based on DNA; if they don't, then all synths would have identical blood types to Shaun's since all Gen 3 synths are based on his DNA.

This could have been an interesting plot point though; you could have all Gen 3 synths have the same blood type as Shaun but this could lead to false positives and people being wrongly accused of being synths just because they happened to have the same blood type as Shaun.

it just works

>people pointing out glaring flaws or problems in a game is fanboying

you are a fag.

>lol its a wasteland

>IMO Mama Murph Is seriously a bad character.
Fixed it for you bro.

Nah seriously fucking hated her but his arguments are shit because he doesn't apply them evenly.

It's a thinly veiled suicide note he's actually dead.

The trading post he's at is right on the highway that the game emphasizes as the "normal" path to take on your way to New Vegas.

I wouldn't say most people missed him, but rather just glossed over him because they probably didn't get the reference like me until I played Fallout 1 last week

What am I getting them in office buildings and shit?

Can't the people that work there afford to get a real fucking gun?

>Because facial reconstruction isn't something readily available to everyone
There one right in diamond city.

> no known tests exist that can distinguish between a synth and a real person.
Yes but this doesnt mean what you think it means, and he is wrong anyway. First point is that he means you can tell who is a synth between two individuals. That doesnt mean that if you copied one normal human that the synth would be exactly the same as him.

And the reason he is wrong is that synths have higher energy resistance you can see that if you grab the awareness perk.

>I have never played Fallout 1 and 2 and probably never will
Opinion discarded, even though I'd probably agree with it. If you can spend days editing and recording an enormous review like this you can spare some time to try out some of the best RPGs of the late 90's.

No fallout game is good.

I didnt get to the part where he discuses flaws like
I said I stopped at 59 seconds after he made it clear how biased his review was going to be.

i already know wht his opinion is going to be, wy would I listen to 2 hours of him saying
>I dont like thing

most Cred Forums post of the month

He's under the overpass. It may seem obvious to you, but in my first game I missed him entirely.

Well if YOU missed him user then I'm sure he doesn't matter. My mistake.

I'm just making a point that he's an easy-to-miss Easter Egg, as said. You don't need to get in a snit over it.

Isn't there a gap or something in the overpass that lets you see him? I don't recall ever combing the place for shit to find, I just happened to see a kid sitting there and talked to him.

Psykers are perfectly fine in Fallout.

FEV growing on fucking trees and being every goddamn where is not.

Go to 21:09 and listen to what he says. If that how he feels about Mama Murphy then he should have felt exactly the same about the forecaster.

Theres only two sources of FEV Mariposa and Vault 87. How the Institute gets it is vague but they didnt have it prewar so either they claimed it from vault 87 or from vault Tec's recorded and made it themselves.

I wonder how Dr. Lesko obtained FEV for his fire ant experiments in D.C.

Reminds me when there was a panel show for that new Ghostbusters and someone said "this is the first movie with an all female lead cast" or when George Lucas was talking about Red Tails and said "this is the first all black lead cast". How do people manage to be this detached from the world.

He doesn't have a voice for easy listening. Fuck. I wish he was just talking instead of speed reading what he wrote.

I haven't played 4 but it sounds like in the video she's kind of shoved in there in the main quest or at least a quest, whereas the forecaster is an easter egg at an outpost with a big metal headbrace saying as much.

Even the psykers in 1 were sequestered in their little room and only relevant if you wanted them to be. It's completely understandable to not like the whole psychic prophecy babble if there's no way to avoid it being shoved in your face.

If he wasn't speed reading, it'd take 3 hours instead of 1.5

Joseph Anderson does some pretty decent videos. I don't agree with him on everything, but I'm glad he doesn't try and bullshit things. He came into Fallout 4 more as a fan of 3, and the Elder Scrolls style of open world RPGs, and he analyzed its strengths and failings from that.

Some people may claim his thought are invalid because he's not a fan of the originals, but from three and beyond, the series is practically an entirely different category of game.

>Analyzing a game this shallow and casual

Nah son
__________NAH______________

She really not. He even says that he doesnt listen to her and then it never comes up again. It is an easter egg with some raiders and a small quest with her. He just hates F4 which good for him. But his video is biased and uninformed.

In gunplay and graphics, but that hardly makes up for everything else being worse somehow.

He did a three hour video covering the first three Uncharted games, and The Last of Us.

Had some interesting insight, surprisingly.

>Dr. Lesko
Doesn't he just use it a little? As in barely at all. that much FEV could be gained from almost anywhere with all the mutants around.

You can't extract FEV from a mutant. It becomes an indistinguishable part of their DNA.

Which is why the Enclave had to raid the remnants of the West Tek facilities to obtain FEV for their airborne FEV genocide program.

>indistinguishable part of their DNA.
Nah.

>why the Enclave had to raid the remnants of the West Tek facilities to obtain FEV for their airborne FEV genocide program
No they needed the pure FEV to create a new strain.

Leskos ants were just slightyl mutated. They can still breed which shows how little they were mutated. FEV doesnt overwrite everything unless its in a high enough dose. As the FEV is just an RNA strand it would still exist inside the body of mutants. It would just be full of data already. This is probably why Leskos experiments failed.

You're fucking stupid, man.

Feelsgood to know my disappointment with Witcher 3 is warranted.

Combat felt like ass and the story was very uninteresting .

No u.

Thats something that really fucking bugs me about FO4.

These niggers can't even clean up the trash, make new weapons, medicine or deal with supermutants. BUT OH FUCKEN BOY, FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION OUT OF NO WHERE.

So did the ghoul scientist from Nuka World successfully extract FEV from a super mutant corpse to use in the DNA synthesizer machine in order to create his not-Deathclaw crocodile mutants?

And FEV mutation has zero effect on fertility in non-humans. This is readily evident by the fact that every other FEV mutant besides super mutants is fully fertile, such as Deathclaws and Wanamingos.

>And FEV mutation has zero effect on fertility in non-humans
Perhaps. More like as I said it has to do with the amount of FEV that the animals have been exposed to.

Slight exposure over time just speed up evolution.

>So did the ghoul scientist from Nuka World
Sorry cant comment on this as I haven't played Nuka World yet.

>Old Technology still works!
>Stop the presses!
Really?

skyrim is for sure better than fallout 4

>21:09
I started at the part where he bitches about the pc killing raiders indiscriminately, getting in power armor he would know nothing about, and then complaining he can't kill an npc during a scripted event (which some how makes her essential to the story). Everything he said in the ~2 minutes I watched was wrong. Is the whole video like this, filled with bias, strawman, and cherry picking then using "evidence" out of context?

Thank god this unfunny post got deleted

YOU HEAR THAT? YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANYMORE (YOU)S

>Vault is a machine that cranks out super soldiers and weapons of mass destruction
>Quest update hits

The 20 minutes I watched was exactly that.

I'm currently watching his review of darkest dungeon one of my favourite recently released games and its exactly the same.

If he doesn't like it wrong and screw you for thinking otherwise.

Why should I care about the opinions of a man who has not played FO1 and 2 and most likely never will?

I don't know, even as a fucking retard on that point he makes some decent points.

Even Fallout 3 baboos didn't like F4. Even they seem disappointed.

He also likes NV over 3, so I hope that he wises up and plays the games that made the universe.

That was the most interesting 1.46 MB I've ever seen

You could say he's free of the bias people have on what Fallout SHOULD be, and judges it as a game and not a part of a series.

Unfortunately his opinions seem to be fucking retarded and someone who hasn't played fallout 1 or 2 probably shouldn't be dictating what an RPG (as empty as the term is now) should be.

pay attention to the lore. Gun ban in Boston + a scared populace of trigger happy patriots = Pipeguns

>mfw i will never be able to create a retarded character in fallout 4
Why did they do that? there's still an "idiot savant" perk

Mama Murphy was annoying as fuck. I had my homebase in Sanctuary Hills and that annoying twat would never shut the fuck up with her irritating voice.

It's been 200 years. The west has their shit together while the east does fuck all. TWO HUNDRED YEARS

Remind me why they bothered making Coursers when if those went rogue, they'd have a very bad problem on their hands.

>Courser runs away
>"Come back to the Institute, over-specced fighting machine with a bullet-sponge body!"
>"Nah, I'm good."

so why was fallout shelter a better game than fallout 4 in every way?
my only complaint is there isnt an experiment going, unless you "make" one yourself

You could just place her chair in a spot you never go, but instead you have to have something to bitch about.

Name one piece of dialogue in FO4 that's half as good as this.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBAHzsqBmCA

PROTIP: You can't.

I fucking hate that cliche where they talk over you through the speakers

Lanius doesn't match how he was described throughout the game. It's honestly one of my biggest problems with the game.

still waiting for this guy to explain why he enjoys skyrim so much

Same goes for the entire Legion. Everything pertaining to them barring Caesar just feels rushed and shoved in there, probably because lol 18 months

The legion is a great antagonist, but a bad join able faction if that makes sense.

Not that you cant do a legion playthorugh just that on your first game it's hard to ever side with them as they are so different.

So I think the Legion matches just not Lanius.

your dad would rage either if you'd get fucked up by some money hungry gang after your 20th birthday.

We can still see the post and reply to it.
Just like that.

Also, hot.

>Just watched this last night

Spooky.

Why? Seriously It's a terrible review and criticism. and its not like their aren't others.

How so? Start by addressing point 1 and work from there.

Because I enjoy his videos and wanted to watch it.

You're right, but I think that's only because the NCR side, which only promotes the antagonistic (though certainly not wrong) side of the Legion, is the only real side that's fleshed out and readily there for the player to take in, and you don't really "join" them either aside from their side of the main quest.

Based on shit I've read from Avellone and Sawyer they have a lot to say about the other sides of the legion and sound like they really wanted to give them more depth and have actual merits to their society that would compel the player to help them, but all that really made it in was slavery, crucifixes and burning down settlements.

So yeah they make a good antagonist, but when one of the focal points of the game was the faction system and seeing both sides of the many conflicts in the wasteland, it's not really a good thing that they are.

Thing is in 3 I can easily let myself accept the vague headcanon of Capital City getting things ridiculously bad in the war compared to everywhere else.
Yet despite being told in 3 about how wonderful the Commonwealth is and despite 4 being set OVER A DECADE LATER, the place is worse than the wasteland was. Heck the closest thing to stability to the area is when the folks from shitsville turn up to sort shit out.

Are we really supposed to beileve that the closest thing to a goverment/army in this barely touched by nukes centuries ago state sized area was some rag tag musket punks who basically died out after one guy betrays a few of them! in a small town!!?

>How are you on the list
You are already pre-approved to enter the Vault. The Vault-Tec rep is there to get more information on you and your family not approve your entry into the vault. This is information available withing the first 10 minutes of the game. Also this should be obvious as you see the rep literally 1 minute later outside the vault.

it honestly feels like fallout was made by several different teams that all worked on a part and then just mashed together the final product

>you can't control the west because it's too big
That isn't good dialogue though. And why give up your chance for unique armor?

What's wrong with the review?

>Yet despite being told in 3 about how wonderful the Commonwealth is
This is false. Zimmer say the Commonwealth is trashed and simply the Institute is a safe haven, which is true.

>some rag tag musket punks who basically died out after one guy betrays a few of them! in a small town!!?
The Minutemen went through several stages of decline. Comon you know this. Loosing the castle, the death of all the leaders in the meeting with the Institute, and the the slow betrayal and infighting between the groups.

Not to mention the Institute destabilizing the region the entire time with mutants and synths.

>Institute are the bad guys because they replaced 5 people in Boston with Gen 3 synths
>Not the fact they have kidnapped thousands of people over a century and turned them into an infinite horde of super mutants to attack the surface

Well in 3 any mention of the Commonwealth is basically "the place is also shithole except for the Institute," so it's not entirely nonsense, but the idea that it's still a shithole after 200 years is still stupid.

I also don't agree anymore with the idea of "it's the capital so they hit it much harder" because the first two take place in fucking California, which is much closer to China than D.C. and a cultural powerhouse of the US, so I doubt they just crammed all their nukes into Washington and just lightly sprinkled the closest shores to them.

Besides if they could get their shit together after 100 years then why is the east still a shitpile after 200?

First playthrough I went independent I remember. The opening of goodspings, primm, outpost, nipton just railroads you the first playthough to understand ncr incompetent but well meaning, legion competent but evil.

When this is your first impression the rest of the game is judged with that in mind so only as you understand all of the lore from previous playthoughs can you be less judgmental.

Honestly I reckon 50%-70% killed vulpes at nipton. If you search the area first you have a grenade rifle and you already hear boxcars side of the story.

>Like this video
>Decide to check out some of his others
>Get to the Dark Souls one
Holy shit, I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard.

Because apparently Vault 87 has churned out hordes upon hordes of super mutants that ravaged the east coast despite the fact that anyone they try to kidnap would die instantly to the 3,600 rads/second at the entrance to the Vault. And no, they didn't transport their victims through Murder Pass because apparently the Little Lamplight settlement of magical children has gone undetected for 200 years despite being in the same cave system as the back door to Vault 87.

And as we all know vaults had at most 1,000 people and not everyone in Vault 87 was successfully turned into a super mutant, so the maximum possible super mutants produced from 87 simply has to be less than 1,000.

Vault 87 is a fucking massive lore clusterfuck and fucking destroys any narrative that FO3 attempted to have.

Sure, Todd.

I hate this guy, he's just a discount Matthewmatosis and he knows it.

Its a shit macro. Stop posting it.

Sure, Todd

Vault 87 would have been fine if it wasn't for fucking Lamplight. For no fucking reason the hulking mutants can't force their way through one fucking door and a cave full of not even a dozen children is beyond idiotic.

the Master had a fucking super mutant factory military base but a fucking vault full of directionless mutants is apparently exponentially more efficient at churning out mutants to the point that the BoS actually out fighting with miniguns and gatling lasers (which were practically standard issue for muties back west while the ones in the east have hunting rifles and chinese AKs) is too fucking much for them.

The worst part is that you don't even stop the mutants ever in 3. They're the biggest plague on D.C. and suddenly they're just irrelevant when the Enclave comes along to the point of the player going through all of Vault 87 and doing absolutely nothing to stop their means of production or any real facilities apart from killing a few of them, all for just to retrieve the G.E.C.K. so they can fix James's giant water filter.

False. Gameplay does not always equal lore.

There was obviously a way in and out of the Vault that the player couldn't find as the Enclave shows. Whether its a good idea to leave important story elements vague however is up to the player.

>Joinable faction.
Mods don't count.
You can't join them as Boone kills them all within seconds of coming 2000 yards near them.

One last post for you to actually argue my point before you get ignored. Was anything I said wrong? Or is memeing all you can add to this thread?

I had to forcibly grab the hook out of my mouth. Good job on that one, almost got me mad.

>watching an hour and a half long youtube analysis of an 800-hour game when you have a backlog of 253 games

Wrong mother fucker.

FO4 gives a half-assed explanation that the Enclave used the same route into Vault 87 as the player; they went through the magical town of Little Lamplight.

Macready speaks fondly of the Enclave and how awesome they were and how he let them pass without an issue when he was the mayor of Little Lamplight.

Unless you have some evidence about the super duper ultra secret entrance to Vault 87 that nobody knows about and doesn't exist in-game.

>800-hour game
fallout 4 is infinite-hours long

Kek really?

I honestly didn't know that. When does that conversation happen I want to read what he says?

>Focuses on MUH STORY
>All that lefty, neogaf tier "political analysis" shit on his channel
>It leaks in his game videos
Yeah, no thanks

Did he? When was this said?
I believe you. I just can't remember/didn't notice him saying it over him still needing me to steal items for "likes" after I killed gang leaders to end debt worries of my own merc and FIND AND GET THE ONLY AND LAST REMAINING CURE TO HIS SON'S TERMINAL ILLNESS.

the majority of it is muh story but he also made plenty of points about the gameplay, unless you have any arguements to stuff like the black and white karma system or the braindead objective marker