Will Cred Forums eventually come to appreciate this game as the underrated gem it is?

Will Cred Forums eventually come to appreciate this game as the underrated gem it is?

What game is this?

Nioh Geo

but I already do
end your life already
nioh, get out now before this autistic man's rampant obsession spoils it for you

Already have senpai

people that love the pvp aspect of the soul series have always revered DaS2 and rightfully so.

I am not kidding when I say I will not buy this game because I'm fucking sick of the shills on here spamming the same 5 webms over and over again.

Dead zones make the game literally unplayable.

I really tried to like Dark Souls, but it was a rather shitty third person slashed with no story at all.

It has an amazing story, you just need to know how to look for it.

no because it's mediocre, stop spamming these threads now
raikiri is for plebs, true patricians use juzemaru tsunetsugu

>people that love the pvp aspect of the soul series have always revered DaS2 and rightfully so
no, they're just das2 babbies like you who got their shit kicked in in das1
but muh animation cancels and OP backsteps, right?

The souls games are overrated if anything.
I'd like to know what their appeal is, I gave them several chances thinking I was missing something but nope.
It's not a hard games series, unless you're comparing it to babby mode nonsense.
It's not a pretty game series, not that graphics that matter at all.
It's not a fun game series, it's all about grinding and repetition.
I can only pinpoint a couple of things unique to it, the heavy tank style of the melee combat and the grimdark art style.
I think it's one of two things......it's either the heavy combat scratches an itch for a certain part of the population OR it's the grinding that some enjoy, which is very possible but it's definitely misrepresented by it's proponents imo.

no they don't, and there are mods to fix it if you're that autistic

muh atmosphere

I'd take those over muh infinite backstabs any day.

>needing mods to make the controls playable
No thanks. Make a functional product next time.

>implying I'm one of those people that loves dark souls 2
try harder

It's unnecessarily frustrating. I would have one more go at but the lack of effigies stops me as I've spent everything before reaching the Shrine of Winter and I'm at half health in Earthen Peak. While I've played through all other Souls games and found them to be exceptionally well done and fun, DS2 felt like a chore, like a Nexon grindfest.

Not really.

It's the weakest entry in the Soulsborne series. Hell, I found it weaker than Lords of the Fallen

funny, I guess I just watched or read these 500 hours instead of playing them

git gud

and he didn't even tell you that you could get banned for using these mods

Please fuck off with your literal anime swordman shit.

What?

Does that mean DS2 is the hardest game of them all and the only one that requires someone to git gud in order to complete it?

16 MORE SUNLIGHT MEDALS

you said the game was unplayable. I proved that you were autistic and probably a mistake of nature

>DS2 felt like a chore, like a Nexon grindfest
that's exactly what it is, B team focused on making the game "hard" and ended up with a tedious game
on top of being ugly, having no coherent artistic direction and no story
>Hell, I found it weaker than Lords of the Fallen
just finished it, it's not that bad
at least das2 lasted longer than 10 hours

>you will never be this shit at dark souls

Being the worst souls game still makes it better than most of the games.

>What do you mean the sewers are unlivable? I've been living in sewage sludge for the past two years!

It probably just means that you're shit, mate.

>lack of effigies

How? I ended with 90 effigies. My gosh just get that ring that lowers the hp loss cap for dying.

What the fuck is the B team and C team shit people keep saying? Can someone translate pls?

(he's shit)

>just finished it, it's not that bad
>at least das2 lasted longer than 10 hours

I stopped halfway through LotF because my PC shat and I lost my save. But I got it again on PS+

I never once ran out of effigies in my second run.

Well I thought I was shit at DS2 (finished it for 1st time 1 month ago). This kind of posts makes me think maybe I was not THAT bad.

>shit analogy
remember that reference to autism I just made?

I think I finally figured you guys out.
You're virtue signallers.
Look at the response to criticism.
to paraphrase
"This game was a chore, I didn't like it"
"Git gud"
which implies you are good athe game and they are not, which is all that matters. Who cares if the criticism is valid, all that matters is people know your virtue.
You guys are no better than swedish cuckolds.

I will never not be disappointed by this. Only those that played DeS and Das before will understand.

I meant Das2 is not as bad as LotF which is shit on all levels

>Defends Dark Souls 2
>Calls other autistic
Do you know what projection is?

there's no C team
A team is miyazaki and the people who made des and das1 and then left B team to make das2 while they made bloodborne
B team expanded on the original instead of wallowing in it like miyazaki did for 3
lo and behold it's not literally the same as 1 so it's garbage in most people's eyes because they don't start with 15 iframes immediately and can't backstab cheese everything

>complains about deadzones in fucking dark souls instead of a precision platformer
>calls the games unplayable
do you know what autism is?

Name me 5 games where I can impale people do death with Pikes that aren't Souls.

DaS2 is worse than LotF

Mountain blade, bushido blade, way of the samurai (I think I can't remember but probably), total war games, and most rpgs.

Build variety gives the games a measure of replayability, pvp does the same,
It's fun to explore areas and beat a boss after you learn his patterns,
I guess it's not for everyone,

>Can move in smooth 360 degrees in 1 and 3
>Can only move in like 8 directions in 2
>Can turn camera speed gradually in 1 and 3
>Can only turn the camera either fast or slow in 2
>Core gameplay issues like these are somehow not a problem
But don't listen to me, just keep playing shitty games, bro.

>Get halfway through an area
>Weapon breaks

10/10 GOTY

>B team expanded on the original instead of wallowing in it like miyazaki did for 3
all they did was adding useless shit which was rightfully retconned: the asshole faced giants, the great lords reincarnations, drangleic being lordran after many cycles, manus fragments etc

das3 actually expanded on it, but since from didn't try to be all cryptic like das2, das2babbies called it fanservice

>manus fragments etc

there were manus fragments?

this is only true for dark souls 2.

then explain why because I've found LotF even less inspired than DaS2 and clunkier in terms of control

>at least das2 lasted longer than 10 hours
i wish it had lasted less than that.

they made up this shit in dark souls 2.

LotF wasn't a hyped up sequel. I knew it was a Souls Knockoff so I went in with low expectations and it was not disappointing.

DaS2 I expected a good game because DaS was good. It failed horribly.

>they made up this shit in dark souls 2.
glad 3 dropped that mess

the children of the abyss or whatever they were called
nashandra, alsanna, elana and nadalia
they're all supposed to be parts of manus' soul after he has been defeated

>nashandra, alsanna, elana and nadalia

only the first name rings a bell.

But Manus' soul was taken by the chosen undead.

because she is the final boss of the base game

No. Infact, the fact that posters such as yourself won't stop bringing this game up day after day over 2 years after the fact has probably made a fair amount of Cred Forums posters resent it more and more over time, whereas otherwise they would've just forgotten it.

Ffs, you're never gonna convince anyone. You can list off the games few pvp/multiplayer-only "virtues" all day, or rebuke any criticism with "git gud", or try to draw attention to percieved flaws in other Souls, but no one is going to be swayed. No one who played the game and disliked it despite fondness for other Souls games is going to be talked into liking Dark Souls 2. If you're in the minority who aren't bothered by any of the game's faults and have blast invading all day, by all means, keep playing the game, but realize attempting to disperse the negativity surrounding this game is a fool's errand.

Probably one day, yes.

I've played DeS, DS1 and DS2 and I thought DS2 was the most fun by far

Just get summoned and kill some enemies for free humanity you mong.

You know what's wrong with Dark Souls 2?

It's fucking annoying to play because of the designs that are counterintuitive to the veterans of the first game.

It's the weakest of an amazing series, still a breddy gud game.

but dark souls 2 makes no sense

>dat shitty, weightless combat
Which korean MMO is this?

which is why the idea was retarded

It's pretty weighty when you play it, especially the heavy weapons.

>shitty third person slashed
que

>It's fucking annoying to play because of the designs that are counterintuitive to the veterans of the first game.

like pic related

I waited for an hour for each boss I beat for summons. None came.

you should have played it, its combat is actually much better than souls/dragon age/the witcher etc

This

Sure with controller vibration, but the animations look like a wet fart. Ninja Gaiden never looked this bad.

Dark Souls II is shit.

You couldn't think to have 2 main weapons at all times that you can switch between when one breaks.

Jesus fucking Christ, I know you people are desperate to hate this game but you are seriously grasping at straws with this stupid shit.

>you should have played it
I probably will, but I hope they fix the animations before release. Has it gone gold yet?
This opinion usually comes from people who played the first few bonfires and gave up. It seriously picks up later on, specially with the DLC.

Yeah. Youtube vattividya. And then you have a story for the game. I say that jokingly, but honestly, if you are seriously having trouble piecing together the stories of any soulsborne game then youtube is the way to go.

You could say the same thing about Dark Souls going by animations.

The only zones I liked in DS2 was the Dragon Aerie and the Disney winter castle DLC.

Literally the entire rest of the game felt uninspired and bleak.

Vaati is a plagiarist.

I think I'm alone with my low opinion of the DLCs. They have good level design but the enemy placement and the bosses are fucking infuriating. I'm playing through the 3rd one at the moment and it's not as bad as the first two.

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this weakling No, I'm a Conqueror.

I really like this, mind if I save it?

You're nothing but a shill for this game.

>opinions are fun.

Regardless, youtube is a good place to start for someone who is just starting to delve into the lore of soulsborne games. There are plenty other youtubers that cover the lore other than vaati. He just so happens to have polished and concise videos. And many of them.

Hmm, this really made me think.

go ahead

>Defending dark souls 2 durability

Oh wow you might actually be retarded

Is dark's soul wirth getting on xbox one?

i played all the dlcs(didnt finished them)
its shit
the ice dlc have good visuals, they didnt just made 2D pictures for backgrounds like the rest of the game, but it was just very annoying to play, too many enemies everywhere, i did not had fun. The only part i liked about ds2 is when you go to the past and theres the people fighting the giants, other than that is shit and would never play again.

>rebuke any criticism with "git gud",
That's normal Souls behavior though, not specific to Dark Souls 2.

no. its not. ds2 fans say git gud to everything. for example
>look at these textures they suck
>git gud
this is how ds2 fans are.

A bad Souls game is still a good game. Worst NPCs, worst base game, neat player animations but horrid everything else animations (those falcon mercs, holy fuck), worst ost. Shit was so fucked they needed to adjust item and enemy placements -AND- item descriptions. DLC is amazing as it fucking should be because the game's embarassing otherwise.

That's some really interesting way of thinking....