WoW Raiding

What exactly do WoW players find fun about spending your weekends teaming up online with twenty plus people you don't know in order to kill an AI controlled boss with a billion hit points by pressing a rotation of buttons with some purple elf called 'Puff' telling you on Discord/Vent what to do Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H0mY7GWKkTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just like pushing buttons and killing AI controlled bosses on any other game.

Somehow I think you already know the answer and you made a thread just to make a thread.

Why do people like video games and sports?

having better gear than the rest of the plebs is a social status

But with transmogs and Different difficulty tiers of raiding how can you tell?

I know man why do they try to get better gear or advance in the story? Freaking plebs REEEEEEE

ilvl

Because Check this 5

>first time raiding in vanilla
>no idea what I'm doing or where I am
>just clinging onto the instructions of the raid leader like a lost puppy and knowing that 39 other people are going to shit all over me if I fuck something up

That's how I'm feeling this week in emerald dream.

Topping meters and getting new gear.

Because where Mc raiders

NICE TRY BUT I TOOK IT

Oh you mean this little thing?

>(You have been permanently banned from all boards)

There's also titles and mounts.

Is that Runescape

>There's also titles and mounts.

Only the bottom feeders care about that shit

You are like little babies to me

WATCH. THIS.

Sounds like you're upset that you don't have titles or mounts.

>purple elf called "puff"
Did you choose that name for a particular reason?

OH HELL YEAH WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

youtu.be/H0mY7GWKkTM

>What exactly do football players find fun about spending their lives teaming up with twenty plus people you dont know in order to defeat another team with a billion fans by running around some field as a coach tells you what to do?

>putting horde into a video about an alliance guild

7 decides.

for

I dont understand how can people have so many alts. The max I was able to have was 2 and only made them when I was bored with my main and by that point the basic gameplay didn't help a bit get rid of the boredom.

Ablution

My first raid was 25 man Naxxramas. I was playing on a tiny netbook with 1 fucking GB of ram.

Anxious as fuck but everything was going alright, or so I thought. Leader said I fucked up and kicked me.
Climbed out on to my roof and smoked some weed. Relief and legit euphoria like I'd never experienced before.

Never went back.

/blog

Abn

Abortion

I haven't found something I really like so much other classes don't appeal to me. I even have going on 5 110s and I haven't progressed with shit and I want to end my life.

Do you have a raiding guild? I don't so that is a big problem when it comes to my indecision.

That sounds nice

I ended up quitting wow midway through cata. Found plenty of other fun games to play with my free time after that.

do it you pussy

I'm having a lot of fun with WoW but I just can't nail down a single character I want to play and it's pretty infuriating.

originally i did it just to get geared to wpvp, since that was actually fun
after they killed wpvp i stopped playing because it's shit, but i think people do pve because it's challenging corralling 24 other retards to do what they need to

(The door to darkness has opened.)

Raiding is fun in that you're part of a group of people working towards a common goal.

Such a thing is rare these days in everyday life.

Often real life goals are never met.
So, it's nice to be able to sit down and achieve something, even if it is not real.

What I like about it is that as a DPS I can just mess up all the mechanisms and get hit by stuff I can easily dodge and then blame the healer for not wasting their heals on me.

yeah you pretty much summed it up. Although by the weekend the raids were pretty much done, we spent our weeknights starting tuesday from like 8-4am usually but sometimes we went longer. Then me and some closer guildies would do old world stuff in a smaller group till lunch. Then I would call in sick from work, pass out for 3 hours and start fishing for deviates so I could raid in pirate form.

Blizzard scientifically made raiding (and WOW in general) stimulate your reward centers in your brain. It was literally like doing drugs. fucking EVERYTHING from the sound effects of every spell to the colors of the item names just FELT good.

Delete it.