PC is the most profitable platform!

>PC is the most profitable platform!
>prove it
>posts a link that explicitly mentions F2P games are the only ones that see any profit

>why doesn't [company X] port [game] to PC? Do they hate money?
>PC has been statistically been proven, by the publisher themselves, that it's responsible for the least amout of profit by and far
>they honestly wonder why numerous developers release broken ports many years after the console versions

Is there something that I'm missing?

The first step to fixing video games is killing consoles.
There is absolutely NOTHING good about holding games hostage.
I should be able to play Bloodborne on my PC, but NOPE, FUCKING SONY has to deny me

If you kill consoles, you kill the video game market as well. Whether you like it or not, consoles are why video games are even made these days.

Are you "confused looking anime girls with interrogation marks on their heads" poster? Could you share your folder?

>F2P games see profits
Because they make mediocre games and then charge for tons of misc things that players happily pay for.

As for why companies don't port games, it all depends on their contracts with other companies. Some games won't ever be natively released on other consoles or PC because someone paid to keep it that way.

Posters like just have to get over that fact or wait for emulation.

>interrogation marks

>its not on my platform of choice therefore they are holding it hostage

Can someone actually show us data on piracy vs bought games on PC?
And, doesn't the PC userbase include a whole lot of people who have consoles exactly because of the exclusives?
Also, Trauma Center for PC fucking when?

Sales have traditionally bee the lowest by far on PC for recent years, barely competing with last gen console sales if given the chance.

I'm talking strictly Japanese companies. I'm not sure about Nioh, but I'm positive that Sony doesn't have a dime invested in Ace Combat 7 or Yakuza 6 in terms of exclusivity, and thus they're PS4 exclusive just because.

>More games get released on PC than modern consoles combined
>Multiplats included

Well, user?

>PC doesn't have exclusives
>all multiplats released on it are objectively shit games (the darkness 2, MGSV, anything western for that matter)
>only shit low budget jap games like edf or neptunia get ported to PC years after consoles had them

PC has a large library, but the games aren't actually any good.

>Can someone actually show us data on piracy vs bought games on PC?
Hardly, Its stupidly impossible to quantify piracy.

Some dev from ubisoft thought it was accurate to just add up all the seeders and leechers and then he claimed that Ubisoft lost 95% of its profits to pirates or some dumb shit it doesn't make any sense

>they aren't good
in your opinion
inb4 memes of indie and "name x number of good exclusives... I said GOOD exclusives"

>359 replies omitted

The exclusives have to be good enough where console games literally begged to have them ported to their console of choice. Very few games meet this demand, and even fewer of them were released this console generation.

>The exclusives have to be good enough where console games literally begged to have them ported to their console of choice
These two factors are irrelevant. The average player base age is much younger on console than PC. No amount of petitions you can cherry pick will ever be quantifiable and correlative to how "good" an exclusive is. You're literally trying to mold an opinion to an objective frame work and that doesn't make sense

Implying EDF is bad

>holding games hostage

such a huge base of console and PC players don't go out of their way to look for new games that aren't advertised to them. it's a bit easier to do so on PC though.

>such a huge base of console and PC players don't go out of their way to look for new games that aren't advertised to them. it's a bit easier to do so on PC though.
Way to shift the topics, what does advertisement have to do with petitions beyond public knowledge?

If a dev was truly so dense as to blow more money on advertisement than on the game itself let alone put the effort into making a good game to begin with with all that money you'd think it'd be worth mentioning

>PC is the most profitable platform!
I've honestly never heard someone try to argue this. PC does obviously sell less in most cases thats obvious but PC ports are usually pretty cheap to make and putting a game up on steam is easier than making and distributing physical copies as well. They also have to do very little marketing either.

There are multiple instances of japanese developers having success with PC ports.

>Valkryia Chronicles
>Over 800k sales on steam
>Sega wants to port more games to PC.

>Disgaea
>Sold 85K
Seems like a low number but for an older relatively niche series its pretty good, good enough that NIS has announced a PC port of Disgaea 2.

>Trails in the Sky
Sold well enough for xseed to finally finish the localization of second chapter. The 3rd game is being localized as a PC exclusive xseed stated PC was their only viable option for releasing it in the west. They are not small games either SC had around 2.5 million Japanese characters that needed to be translated. To be fair with these games though a PC version already existed they just needed english localization.

Point being there is multiple cases of japanese PC games have great success on PC.

Yes, you are missing the fact that PC is EA's most profitable platform and 2nd with Ubisoft. Every single multiplats has basically matched PS4 (when you factor in total profit because no retailers). PC is just a profitable a platform than PS4. They are not shipping shit ports to PC. Every single PC port except Arkham Knight (which is fixed) is much better on PC. There is just a higher standard, much higher than consoles. If I sat down put a cover over my PC and asked you to play Arkham Knight you would have thought it was fine. Most console game sales are dude bro shooters, sports games, garbage open-world, and Minecraft so that is officially not an argument.

Sage in all fields.

Bullshit. Darkest Dungeon and Undertale were better than almost every AAA title last year. Plenty more like Rimworld. There are a lot of good indie games. Also there's Total War: Warhammer.

And what games do you actually like seeing as you hate anything western? Let me guess dark souls?

Games made purely for profit are usually crap anyway, so let's talk about videogames instead of your poor attempt at post-purchase rationalization of your console hidden under the veil of (((bussiness))).

I'm just here for the meta filenames.

Oh boy you said the U game, good luck user

2deep4me

No, while it is true the console hold the majority of the market that doesnt mean that people wouldnt played games if they didnt exist. Instead they're would be more companies pushing theyre prebuilt computers or even commercials for parts. It might've slowed down the market but it would still exist if consoles never existed.