Is your favorite game one that you bought or pirated?

Is your favorite game one that you bought or pirated?

Surprisingly all my favourite games I've bought.
except Quake

Put a mint in change into it back in the day. Tried emulating it recently. Runs decent enough.

both...I've pirated it, then years later I bought it physical and after some more time I bought it again on steam

>not buying the game later if you like it
at least do it on a steam sale come on

I got it as a gift. Then pirated it years later after I lost it.

My favorite game ever. I got it with a cracked DC, I was young back then and I was at my father's friend that pirated game and he let me choose random game, SOA was one of them. Best decision ever

Comix Zone for genesis/mega drive

Bought
Emulated

Trying to get the motherfucking DOS version to work

Favorite games are edf and vs series. I've always paid for them except umvc3. That one was just bullshit. Not even 5 months later.

I pirated that shit.

My nigga

I paid retail but it's a good ass game. I played it on summer vacation, binged it, over a single week.

Both, first pirated, considered it good and bought it on sale

Pirated

Pirated, though it's not even sold in my country, or language for that matter.

Looks really comfy

I bought three copies of my favorite game and gave two of them to friends. And when it comes out on 3DS, I'll have bought a fourth copy.

pirated

The original Quake I pirated off a demo cd sold at 7-11 with a special crack downloaded off a BBS

>Favorite game
>Pirate

Doesnt make sense.

Both. Bootlegged.

It's BG2 and in 2001/2002 I had no internet - almost nobody had internet ( and by 2008 we became one of the countries with fastest broadband internet, go figure ).

The way most people got games is bootleg copies on the market or at some place that has the pirated copies downloaded and they just burn it on CDs for you. You paid per CD so with the 5 for that game it was like a third of the original game's price, although I think there was some discound for multiple CDs

I pirated it because i doubt it ever got released in my country in Disc

Still one of my all time favorites. I've since bought it, but my first play through was pirated.

Pirated because they are both from the PS1 and PS2 era and in the third world country where I live you couldn't a console that wasn't unlocked or original games at all.

Bought, but it's a sequel to a game I borrowed and really liked

I played my brother's, then bought the first three games later. Haven't bought the fourth yet because it's pretty expensive now.

the multiplayer ones i bought because you have no choice, especially subs like eve online
even bought orange box
id say these days i pirate then buy if its good and runs ok

>tfw no sequel
Hell, we don't even have him is crossover games.

user, there is.

Look up Unbound Saga

Pirated a bunch of games that become a fave that I ended up buying.

When I was 12 and my parents didn't trust shopping online I'd torrent every game. But that was way back, pretty much every single game I've ever torrented I now own a legit copy of except for VTMB cause fuck Activision

My favorite game is free.
It's probably coming to steam soon though so I'll support the guy with that. It's even getting a weird almost-sequel. Same universe, different genre.