Why do people keep giving Street fighter chance after chance after each monumental fuck up...

Why do people keep giving Street fighter chance after chance after each monumental fuck up? If any other fighter went through even half the bullshit this game does they'd be dead already and the devs head on a platter.

Why does Street fighter keep getting a pass

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/524620/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because SFfags are literally dumb niggers that would take anything from capcom

Pretty much this, Most SFfags are adamant about playing only street fighter no matter how terrible it is and wont even give other fighters a chance, or dismiss them for not being street fighter.

Most people who play other fighters also play more than one game

>MKX slammed for two extremely well priced dlc addons with tons of support and care by the devs and an excellent effort to improve MKX's competitveness

>this is shit

>SFV is literally everything wrong in the world with games with close to 100 in dlc already, gives you malware, has 8 frame lag, is far more imbalanced than people will admit

plz capcom fuk me harder ^v^

because theres no other fighting game that has as good gameplay or cross play. believe me, i want to play the latest version of blazblue and guity gear on pc with cross play but its simply not available.

Cross play, maybe. Gameplay, LMAO

the only other modern games that have legit gameplay are blazblue and gg. everything else is trash. name them if you dont think so.

Because of how important Street Fighter is in gaming history.

and if you're talking about the recent rootkit issue, that didn't effect the PS4 version and most people have that version.

If it did then there'd be more of a shitstorm.

Not to mention that community is a big deal with fighters. Other fighters have smaller communities and half the time a lot of people just sit there and get mad that people aren't playing their fighter instead of trying to fix it.

They have a habit of dying out within a few months at the most.

>wont even give other fighters a chance

Nobody is obligated to give another fighter a chance. That goes for the people who don't play SF as well. If it looks it like it isn't for them then that's just how it is.

I just want to play fighting games man
I complain to Capcom every chance I get man, does that make you happy?

KoF has significantly better gameplay wise than any of those and if you want to call me out I'll play you at 13, 14 or any version of 98.

I also doubt you genuinely understand the gameplay of BB and GG if you're holding them that highly, especially GG with YRC and Danger Time in addition to the set play/oki centric nature of arcsys games.

SF5 has exceptionally trash gameplay, with one single viable playstyle and the entire game revolving around a basic throw mixup with whiff punishing and most fundamental strategies being heavily neutered or literally unusable.

I tried gg at a friend and it was fun but online was deader than dead. Also consoles / PC divides the userbase, crossplay should be mandatory.

I regret giving them my 30 dollars to give them a chance on this. I literally can't even get the game to play now coupled with their rootkit. And I can't even refund either.

GG setplay works because you have lots of strong defensive options to counter them.

BB isnt setplay oriented though, its more reliant on fishing for counterhits and whiff punishing, though punishes require knowledge of converts to optimal combos which turn off a lot of people.

Only has lag on the ps4 shit version, balance is actually pretty good for a modern game but the overpriced and sheer amount of DLC is of course a no no. Luckily characters aren't behind a paywall.

Have you seen Vega's hitboxes? I mean I understand wanting to mix things up but Vega is literally a different character in every way. I just want my pokes back but he's too fundamentally different to be fixed.

At least Sakurafags and Makotofags can live with the hope of their characters coming back. My character is dead and a poor imposter wears his skin.

No, nothing will make them happy, don't even try.

They don't even play the other games. I could understand if they wanted players for their (mostly dead) games, but they just yell for the sake of yelling. But that is Cred Forums in a nutshell.

I actually wrote a paper about this.

In essence, it's because of the competitive community and how it drives people to become better at the game in hopes of becoming a sponsored player.

It's the biggest fighting game in the world because of that aspect of it. No one actually likes playing Street Fighter. They just want money. Smash, MK, and DOA are all better.

>No one actually likes playing Street Fighter.

So what about all the people who know they won't become sponsored players and just play online?

I wouldve failed you

>Only has lag on the ps4 shit version, balance is actually pretty good for a modern game
Wrong on both counts, though the lag on PC is marginally less

Because capcom is the only company that makes actual fighting games

They play because they're too shit to play anything else and refuse to move outside of their comfort zone

This also applies to MvC3 players

Something about SFV just doesn't feel fun, it's just a rushed game

The balance is pretty good though. With a roster this small it has like 4 possibly 5 top tiers. Don't think that just because there were 2 Nash at the finals fighting it means the balance was shit.

Balance at competitive level is determined by how many characters are viable. Only the top tiers are remotely viable in SF5.

This also applies to melee players

They patched it, rootkit won't be installed anymore.

>lots of strong defensive options
If you got meter. And even then they are very situational or can be baited.
Most of the time you gotta endure their setplay until you can start your setplay.

Lmao you are legit retarded.

I would think that its because the "FGC," or atleast the western scene is built on SF since the 90s, thus its no surprise that the people behind the events, Tournament Organizers and influential people gravitate to SF or the VS series. This is opposed to the Japanese scene where every game is given their share in the lime light further enhanced by a living arcade scene and thr mentality to strive better.

Similarly, it has something to do with the transition to esports from a former grassroots movement. As the fighting game genre is further pushed to esports, notably the games with the money finance leagues for pot prizes and sponsorships would have the better footing. Games like SF and MK have it better not only due to the marketing power, but also the bramd recognition. This leads to more people playing less for their actual passion of the game (although most of them still do) and more because of chances to be a sponsored player. I'd say the scene is stuck between a rock and a hard place because the people who play SF want to love SF but the current and pushed as fuck version has lots of things going against it. Its not like they can play other games because its not their game, so they either leave or they keep eating the regurgitated shit that's served to them.

>MKX has about 15/30 extremely viable characters (before Alien)
>shit balance
>SFV has 2/16
>balanced

I genuinely love Marvel, but alright.

This, I can understand. I don't often hear of smash players really trying much else.

You have Just Defend into throws, but its a very skillful option and I can see why people cant rely on it regularly. Its still a strong way out. Strong setplay characters are mostly weak if they cant get their game on anyway, so of you lose in neutral or made 2-3 mistakes in a row its mostly your fault

>15/30
And there were 3 that were literally ever played at a time competetive?
Just because the best players used certain characters doesn't mean the others aren't top tier as well they're just obviously harder to play so less do play them.

>whiff punishing with 8 frames of fucking delay

honestly neutral in SFV is more like a game of chicken and who guesses right first, and even then most of the time it feels better to just completely disregard it and just jump in with how good jumping is in this game especially if you play someone with busted air normals like ryu

>MK
>fucking DOA

cmon now

if things had panned out differently for SFV Id agree but as the game currently is the gameplay is bland as fuck and fighting against most than half of the cast feels almost exactly the same

ALL Street Fighter games are always kinda bad at the beginning
ALL OF THEM, but they usually get to a place where they are brety gud

How long does it takes ?

I'm fucking tired of playing shitty rollbacks players when I have set 5/5 connection and have 30 mbs down 10 mbs up

damn youngsters with their frivvlefravvle

>GG
>Strong defensive options
Sol is the only one with a true reversal that can't be low profiled
Most characters have no defensive moves so they rely on universal tools

GG setplay works because everyone is on close to equal grounds and every character is deadly if they get in.
This would not be the case if defense was good in GG

SFV's online is as good as its going to get hombre. Street Fighter never had good online no matter what anyone tries to tell you, its always been mediocre at best.

Nobody shits on NRS for their DLC, its almost always their patch happy and balancing policies. they had two mostly mechanically sound games in Injustice and MKX, Injustice especially they just need to get past tying the fucking collisions to the models, but said policies tend to fuck everything up.

You have Blitz, FD, IB, Dead Angle and character specific meterless reversal options.

Sol's DP is just too good but it does t invalidate other DPs. Sin's DP is really shit but its still effective even in higher levels. Ky's Vapor Thrust is a good DP, just that Sol's is really good.

That said, the game gives 4-5 ways out, meterless or not, not even counting the scummy ways you can do YRC air throw.

Arcana Heart 3, VF5, but of course nobody fucking plays those anymore.

>Listing all of those
>No burst

Its THE best reversal option. Just dont get your soul stolen

>burst

anyone even half decent will know how to bait that shit. prepare for massive salt when you get air thrown out of your burst.

It depends, some points are obvious, like when someone RCs to extend their combo its pretty obvious. Other times its knowing whats jump cancellable or not. The others are harder since you have to know if their move was plus or not

For each of those there's a lot of answers and some take quite a bit of meter.

But yes you are right there is still a good amount of defense.

I am thinking the offense game is just so strong that it feels like it's overwhelming compared to defense though.

True, fair enough. As much as I want to IB my way out of setplay, its still the hardest thing to learn mechanically. Theres also the risks involved if you fuck it up. I guess this is where turtle-fags get turned off with the series, it is pretty rushdown heavy, even the most defensive characters like Axl still has to get in to do real damage than just harassing and playing reactively with Sparrowhawk Stance and his long normals

It applies to pretty much any 2D fighter other than street fighter where jumps are much better that you do NOT want to be on the defensive. pressure is more intense and just as there are more defensive options availible to you there are that many more way for you to get fucked up or read.

The real question is how do we fix Bipson?

I am a turtlefag and love Guilty Gear.

I play Ky

>Why do people keep giving Street fighter chance after chance after each monumental fuck up?

because there is no viable alternative to it.
all other fighting games are dead, anime, or shit. everybody who doesnt want to deal with any of that is limited to sticking with SFV.

>Melty Blood will never ever get a new game
Feels fucking bad

Im ok with that, I dont see them realistically topping AACC, it can only go downhill.

>Why do people keep giving Street fighter chance after chance after each monumental fuck up

because its actually rather fun despite its current flaws.

highly disagree. I really want to like SFV because it is mechanically sound, but between 8 frames of delay, jumps being way too fucking good, and more than half the cast being piegeon holed into the exact same playstyle the game has less variety than even early SFIV and I fucking despised that game.

Capcom fanboys were rampant on Cred Forums for ages, there's pretty much noone left to defend this shit, it's come down to the hardest die hards who play at a competition level and whatnot.
I've always been about tekken so this is great news for me, maybe we'll finally get tekken x street fighter.

Grinderz for days. Still for a shoto character Ky has really solid oki, I get blown up by a Ky player I play with locally. Air throw game is too good.

capcom has a stranglehold on minorities who want to thug out and make asses of themselves for e-cred.

Thankfully actual good fighters are still here such as Xrd Revelator, KOF14, BBCF, DOA5LR, and Tekken 7 seems like it will be okay.

BECAUSE NOBODY PLAYS ANYTHING ELSE

FUCK I WANNA PLAY GUILTY GEAR ALL DAY BUT NOPE

NO PLAYERS ONLINE
NO LOCAL SCENE
NOT EVEN A CABINET IN THE HUGE AS FUCK ARCADE

BACK TO LAGGING MY DICK OFF AGAINST RAGEQUITTING FAGGOTS IN FRAMETRAP FIGHTER 5

I'll give you MKX at least since I havent played it in over a year because I got sick of NRS's balance and patching habits which is a shame because I thought Injustice and MKX are good games mechanically but balance keeps fucking it up, but DOA5 just makes me want to go back to playing 3.1 and 2U

>expecting anything but cheap MAME cabs and ticket redemption games at a Western arcade in the 21st century

>implying the glorious west coast doesn't have a pretty awesome arcade scene in the major cities because of our massive asian population

Its posts like yours that really make me appreciate I have a solid local scene that plays everything.

And I hate myself for being a wage cuck and not attending often. I guess its one of those cant have my cake and eat it too situations

>implying I'm not actually jealous now because there's nothing here

The games fun, my dude, even if a more than a bit rushed, but it should get better with time, in that regard.
I guess I would like the game to have some harder combos, like IV did.

SFV has fucked over its playerbase alot, but the thing is that most people complaining just seem to be people who didn't have an interest in fighting games to begin with and just look for the next thing to blow up about.

I don't even own the fucking game but jesus christ it's weird as fuck to see so many people saying to play other fighting games instead, when they themselves don't even seem to do so judging by the numbers.

because street fighter is fun

hay i was just talking about mkx

the new kof is unbalanced as all fuck and the netcode is mediocre as shit

Well, they did cancel the second half of the DLC characters on PC.
That is a pretty good reason to slam them.

netcode was patched and plays way better, also a balance patch is incoming to fix the blatantly busted shit like Nakoruru.

this so much

just more outrage culture shitposting bullshit

>and more than half the cast being piegeon holed into the exact same playstyle

how so?

you can play defensive with ryu, guile, chun, birdie and even nash to some degree
you can play rushdown with alll the grapplers and rashid
you can play a balanced approach with most characters that arent zangief, mika or laura

What did they fuck up now? i haven't touched the game since juri came out

Capcom put in a literal rootkit in the latest patch as a way to stop modders and cheaters.

They quickly removed it though, but still a fucking malware, wowwww

The netcode is good what are you talking about, great even I dare say.

as for balance, I dont find Nakoruru being as strong as people are making her out to be outside of mamahaha DM being really good, I just swat her out of bird cling. Antonov Chang and Choi definately need some help though, and Ryo could use some adjustments tuning.

Capcom went full Retard and required SFV to access kernel and they installed a fucking backdoor into people's computers. not only is this a huge security hazard especially with SFV being p2p but this shit is blatantly against Steam's policies and I dunno why nobody is bringing that up.

>and wont even give other fighters a chance
I play Revelator and KoF XIV as well, but SFV is the only game that I can launch and get games online in few seconds.

dunno about Revelator but I have no problem getting games in XIV quickly.

oh neat, and i just started downloading the patch, maybe i should just cancel, uninstall, and ask for a refund at this point.

store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

probably because they fixed it a few hours ago. Not defending that by any means but no one is bringing it up because it is not an issue anymore.

I set up connection to max bar only and still get constantly matched with 1 bar opponents in ranked, and room search gives me JP 1 bar rooms as well. Sometimes I can find a room, but usually late in evening.
I am in EU if that matters.

It was removed a few hours ago, it's fine now.

>they just tried to fuck us harder up the ass than microsoft did with the xbone but it's okay now slurp slurp

let me tell you form experience that in any fighter the connection reading means absolute jack shit. you will get "1/2 bar connections" that play as if they were right beside you and you will get "4/5 bar connections" that play like utter gutter trash.

dont rely on it too much.

Don't really care at this point, I honestly don't want to be putting up with any more shit like this in the future. Seriously though, a rootkit just because people want to bypass your fucktarded system to earn colors for characters?

They didn't try to fuck anyone over, they just fucked up monumentally and fixed it.
Shouldn't forget about it that easily, but stop being retarded.

the shit shouldnt have been in in the first fucking place is the main issue. How the fuck did that shit even get approved and pushed out for update

It was probably just incompetence and lack of attention

Not saying it wasn't a bad move but the thing is most people parroting the root kit kernel access thing don't even really understand what it actually was.

this goes beyond mere incompetence and lack of attention user. it should have never even gotten that far. there is no reason ever for a game to need to access your fucking kernel, its invasive as fuck and the worst part is it left a backdoor.

anyone who lets that slide is a damn idiot

It's exactly incompetence. How else do you explain this big of a fuck up? Bad luck?

I piss on Capcom. They've killed the genre with SFV.

Is it just me or has the Survival AI gotten a little harder? The opponents on the first Extreme 5 stages will AA me half the time I jump in, when before they would always just stand there and take the beating.

Because SF has a strangle hold on the market either you play it or you play all the dead games

>it gets a pass because cross play

Who the fuck actually cares about cross play? Does the possibility that your random opponent might be on another system excite you, or are you looking for excuses for Capcom?

Capcom made a boring game for sure. Outside of that, the things they've fucked up on hasn't really impacted me playing (again, outside of the game itself being kind of boring). Being on PS4 means I don't suffer the recent issues, and none of the missing features/content really meant anything to me even when they were added. Rage quitting is about the only thing I hate, but that's just a ranked thing and who cares.

They should be held to a much higher standard, and I'm glad people are pissed/kicking them around. But I still want to play. I'm not good enough to complain about the real issues, and online has always worked even if it fucks one of us up (sorry other guy). Even with other FGs on hand, I'd rather get better with this one.