Playing incredible game

>Playing incredible game
>Halfway through it conpletely shits the bed
Whats her name lads?

bravely default

I wouldnt call it incredible but it at least held my interest and kept me playing. Then it hits the half way point and it all falls apart in every regard. The battle system reaches a tipping point when you teach any character chain light attacks, and then you can instantly win any fight ever. I should be able to run from 50% og all the fights then have the fucking teddy bear destroy a boss by himself before my other guys can even act. The story drops all the interesting subversions of common RPG tropes and doubles down on everything it was trying to get away from. The puzzles go from at least requiring a bit of brain power to a complete act of tedium with hundreds of random encounters along the way. The ending also makes no fucking sense, and the last boss will stalemate you indefinitely if you use some of your best skills on it. Really a fucking mess

I wouldn't say it shits the bed, but the second half with the exclusion of Tick Tock Clock of worlds are significantly worse than the first half

Dark souls after you take the lordvessel

>Kyrie dies
>Have to actually use Morte
Wanted to drop the game so hard

Bloodlines.
That fucking sewer level.

Take it back. BD is my favorite rpg on the 3ds and there was nothing wrong with going back in time because you got plenty of exp and story development out of it

Dark Souls after you beat Hall and Oates.

The issue is you need to do it 5 total times to get the good ending.
Meanwhile, the logical thing to do, ie destroy the crystals, does not. Because fuck doing the smart thing, right?

Metal Gear Solid V

Brutal Legend. I just wanted to play a cheesy heavy metal hack n' slash.

Even the good parts of the game get a bit shit when you unlock that new area too.

>story development
basically nothing happened during the time loops. unless you think getting beaten over the head multiple times with "wow! lying airy!" and other already obvious shit counts as story development.

>you need to do it 5 total times to get the good ending.

is this a fucking joke, I just went back in time for the first time and everything's destroying my hours of grinding, burnt out right fucking there.

Bioshock

Xenogears

Why is it always Japanese stuff that does this?

Gundam 00 was the same way, amazing first season, absolute fucking nonsense oh-Japan-you're-so-crazy second season.

It's not exclusive to Japanese, it's exclusive to shit writers.
Every country has them. That's why they write for vidya, because no one else would care to read their bullshit.

In some sense Fire Emblem Conquest. Ignore the story because it's absolutely retarded, and just enjoy the solid gameplay and maps. But then you get past the ninja cave and it's just downhill from there. If it's not a bullshit map gimmick, it's enemies getting bullshit setups to make your progress a real hell.

Lost Planet

Sweet Jesus that got anime as fuck.

This
Almost all of them seem to be all about verticality, which works in some cases but is annoying in others.

Especially since they start reusing the music tracks