Hi there, I'm the best Sonic game of all time

Hi there, I'm the best Sonic game of all time.

Go ahead, try to debate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3VW9ep3gDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>debating
>on Cred Forums
pick one and only one

>proving my point

pick both my dude

do you think we debate here

The best Sonic game of all time... to masturbate to. Am I right, ladies?

Sonic R34 thread time?

>Cred Forums
>debate

lmao

for a 3D sonic maybe, but 50% of you is shit unlike Sonic Advance 2 and 3

2D master race wins again

Is this thread in mocking of ?

No, this one's actually about Sonic. And how Unleashed is the undisputed peak of the franchise.

Care to explain why then if you think that way?

>god tier speed running stages during the day
>god tier platforming stages at night
>perfect story and supporting characters, chips so funny xD
>best music of all time
>hubs are so comfy
>medal hunting was fun
>super unique worlds

i understand you classicfags think that sonic talking is lame, but ive always looked up to him

The final boss was so fucking hard holy shit

I honestly can't tell if you're serious. Some of what you said is right but then the xD makes me question if you're trying to provoke Unleashed fans or some shit

He's a special blend of irony and sincerity so he can never be wrong

the first one is literally the only thing that he's right about

Who the fuck is he?

I actually agree with all of them except the second point. The story and tone is exactly where it needs to be, professor pickle is based, tails and amy are tails and amy, chip is annoying at times but ultimately was relevant to the plot and gave the ending some sadness. It has my favorite OST out of any game. The hubs are actually comfy. This ones an unpopular opinion, but I also enjoyed the medal hunting and that type of progression system in general for platformers. I liked it in mario, banjo, and all that shit, so it makes no sense to hate it here. The worlds are very unique, taking real places but putting them in a cartoony blender, they look very aesthetic and sonic fits in extremely well surprisingly.

actually best sonic game is the Unleashed mod for Generations.

I agree to an extent. I think he meant
>god of war tier platforming stages at night
Also he was unironically praising Chip somehow. :/

Its ok, a good subsitute if you don't have a console, but not a replacement

Any Sonic game not on the Genesis/SCD cannot be called the best Sonic game of all time. Fact.

This game was better, and the one after it was arguably even better.

The "progression" is shit because, unlike in Mario and Banjo, there's nothing to explore. The hub worlds are literally all style and no substance. There's no point to them except to look cozy and waste your time.

I didn't really mind the night stages. Once you play the original music over them in the console music player they become a lot better. Some of the DLC night levels were also genuinely great, empire city, shamar, holoska, and mazuri got awesome stages but that's just me.

A theme of the game is traveling, the levels and hubs are very much explorable.

Presentation of story for the series peaked with 3K, though the details and tone are definitely in the right ballpark.

I found Chip completely annoying, and the hubs tedious.

OST was fine, but it wasn't memorable for me in the least. Rooftop Run and Savannah Citadel are the only ones to have ever randomly gotten stuck in my head.

Fair point on the medal hunting as a means of progression for other platformers. But if the game where I'm hunting for them isn't fun, then hunting for them sucks. What I mean by that is this. Boost Sonic doesn't lend himself to exploration. Hub Sonic is Boost Sonic without Boost, and thus controls awkwardly. Werehog is just wrong in every way.

The worlds just look like real world locations in an Pixar artstyle. That's nothing on the art deco surrealist shit that 90's Sonic had going for him in CD.

That's not true, Mania's shaping up to be great.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=F3VW9ep3gDc

There's nothing to do in them aside from going to different levels and talking to NPCs.

but le comfy meme xD

Sure there is, you can buy souvenirs, food, help the locals with their substories (many of which have extra mini levels), or save people at night with the camera flashing. Like I said, traveling is an integral theme to the game, you either get it or you don't. They notably boost the atmosphere that the game is going for and do their job well. The other hubs where you have full access to each Sonic lets you explore a bit for medals or other collectibles, to find powerups, and find bonus levels. These are not uncommon things in a 3D platformer.

it was poorly designed, that's why

I raged so hard back in 2008

>god tier speed running stages during the day
Yep.
>god tier platforming stages at night
eh, they weren't anything special, too much combat, not enough platforming.
>perfect story and supporting characters,
Yep
>chips so funny xD
he's alright. I like him.
>best music of all time
YES.
>hubs are so comfy
Yep.
>medal hunting was fun
ehhhh it was padding. Medal hunting is day stages was a drag.
>super unique worlds
Totally agree, the art direction was amazing.

Wait what the fuck? 2008? Its almost been a fucking decade since sonic unleashed? Holy shit...

The night stage combat music is the worst Sonic music ever.

Just curious: do you think medals are any worse than Stars in SM64, or Gold Puzzle Pieces in Banjo Kazooie? If so, why?

Its actually a well composed song and does get the blood moving a bit. Its just that it overlaps the regular music so much that you don't even get to hear the stage song unless there's a platforming bit, like the icicle tunnel in holoska or the clocktower in spagonia. They should have made it optional in the menus but its easy enough to overwrite.

i wanna go to wind mill isle

>sonic games on playstation

The best shit is still shit. No sonic game has ever been good. No not 2D or 3D.

For me, with Sonic games I feel should be linear, level to level progression. Start at Green Hill, end up at the final boss.

Hub worlds are fine, and so are optional collectibles, it's just the number needed to finish the game were a bit too high.

Sonic is a platformer, SM64 isn't really a pure platformer it's honestly more of an adventure or exploration game with an emphasis on platforming.

A pure Mario platfomer would be something like Galaxy.

Mario blends the missions into the world, while sonic's levels are clearly defined stages.

Day stages should be about completing the level, collectibles in the night stages however was perfectly fine.

Never played Banjo.

>Art Deco surrealist shit
The font that the game uses for title screens is literally the only instance of Art Deco influence in the whole package.

Dude stop spamming your shitty game series no one cares about.

Sonic Unleashed interestingly enough goes between multiple types. The levels can be played for speed, for score, or for exploration. You never really need to go for medals in day stages unless you want 100% and a good amount are in the path youre going anyway. Hubs, souvenirs, and night levels meanwhile literally throw medals your way just for bothering to check an extra corner here and there. . That's the cool thing about the sonic stages, you normally play them expecting to beat it but there are other ways to play it too, this extends to most sonic games

It's not, based on the evidence that the game was not good, there I win.

This. IGN said its bad so it more than likely is.

Gamespot too. So it's basically a fact.

Oh I just played the game, I didn't use Ign scores.

>not getting all your gaming info from based IGN

Your pol is showing

I'm sorry I thought you had to play video games to talk about them. Is that just me?

No. IGN said it is a 3.5 game, so its a 3.5 game. You don't matter when the reviews agree with my side of the story.

It was a good game. Better cinematic, storyline, and voice acting than any Nintendo game.

The problem was the gameplay which had enormous potential but just wasn't polished enough and had quite a few issues which made it cumbersome and annoying (wolf stages entirely).

This game really deserves a remake or a successor. The money is just simply not there, which is why Sonic will forever be the shovelware bargain bin of video games.

But what if I agree but never read their reviews?

This game handled the ring system the best, they should return with that system.